ASquirtle

official
Gamer Mega Thread

97 posts in this topic

So I'm thinking that there are probably a lot of gamer buddies on here. Whether it be Mobas, RTS, FPS, CCGs, TCGs, platformers you name it. Spread your love for your own game, maybe find some buddies who play the same game. Post your tips, guidelines whatever you want about your game.

I'll start off by introducing what games I enjoy playing and hopefully some buddies here play it or are willing to give it a shot.

The games I currently play are Dota 2, Overwatch, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, Duelyst, Street Fighter V, Terraria (am a complete noob lol) and a few console games that aren't exactly multiplayer. I'm on NA servers for all the blizzard games (as I have to go there before it redirects me to Australian servers) and Aussie servers for the rest. If you play any of these games feel free to add me. I'm ASquirtle on everything and ASquirtle#6407 on blizzard games.

M3nIUZ1.gif84Wkp0L.gif

Thanks to KingofKpop for the siggy.

I want to play with Buddies but I'm not really a hardcore gamer because I just focus on 1 online game and the server is not worldwide.. lol I also want to try to play a FPS with buddies like sudden attack.. FPS games are really fun :D

pTexBdT.gifdo2VPg3.gif

새롭게 시작해 볼래 그리고                우릴 아프게 했던 시간들은 다시는 없을 거야 ~ 

Let’s start fresh, you and me                 Times that hurt us will never come back again 

I don't think I really need to make another thread just for one game then.

I play some League of Legends, very little TERA/Maplestory, and I mostly play osu!, the rhythm game. 

I also used to play Hearthstone, Minecraft, and a bunch of RPGs, but not anymore.

Tbh with Uni starting soon, I'll be quitting all games besides osu!, so if anyBuddy else plays that game, send me a forum PM! I'm also 'Albatro' on there too.

"이거 하나만 약속해, 변치 않기를 바랄게. 그때도 지금처럼 날 향해 웃어줘"

"Promise me this one thing, I hope you don't change. Smile at me then like you do now"

On 27/08/2016 at 9:11 PM, Albatro said:

I play some League of Legends, very little TERA/Maplestory, and I mostly play osu!, the rhythm game. 

I also used to play Hearthstone, Minecraft, and a bunch of RPGs, but not anymore.

Tbh with Uni starting soon, I'll be quitting all games besides osu!, so if anyBuddy else plays that game, send me a forum PM! I'm also 'Albatro' on there too.

Ah I used to play that game osu! But it's been a couple of years maybe I should pick it up again I heard there's a multiplayer?

M3nIUZ1.gif84Wkp0L.gif

I play Hearthstone. My handle is smichel#1628. Please add me :)

Yob5OGO.gif

3 hours ago, ASquirtle said:

Ah I used to play that game osu! But it's been a couple of years maybe I should pick it up again I heard there's a multiplayer?

Yep, there is a Multiplayer mode where you make a room with up to 16 people to play together.

"Promise me this one thing, I hope you don't change. Smile at me then like you do now"

5 hours ago, KPop Moogle said:

I play Hearthstone. My handle is smichel#1628. Please add me :)

I've already added you :)

4 hours ago, Albatro said:

Yep, there is a Multiplayer mode where you make a room with up to 16 people to play together.

How does the room work? Do we all just play the same song and see who gets the highest score? Does ping affect anything because the delay would be pretty bad cross regions for a rhythm game. If it works well though I'd be interested in trying the game out again!

On 8/26/2016 at 11:30 PM, Haechi해치 said:

I want to play with Buddies but I'm not really a hardcore gamer because I just focus on 1 online game and the server is not worldwide.. lol I also want to try to play a FPS with buddies like sudden attack.. FPS games are really fun :D

Let's find one we can all play then :D

M3nIUZ1.gif84Wkp0L.gif

3 hours ago, ASquirtle said:

How does the room work? Do we all just play the same song and see who gets the highest score? Does ping affect anything because the delay would be pretty bad cross regions for a rhythm game. If it works well though I'd be interested in trying the game out again!

Yup, everyone in the room plays the same song to see who gets the highest score. Ping really doesn't matter because even if you load later, you start the song at your own pace. Basically the song is synced to your internet and so even if someone's internet is slow, the game waits for everyone to finish before announcing the winner. Essentially ping doesn't matter!

Just now, Albatro said:

Yup, everyone in the room plays the same song to see who gets the highest score. Ping really doesn't matter because even if you load later, you start the song at your own pace. Basically the song is synced to your internet and so even if someone's internet is slow, the game waits for everyone to finish before announcing the winner. Essentially ping doesn't matter!

Oh that's sweet as! I'll make sure to check it out then. Where would be the best place to get the different beatmaps for the game?

M3nIUZ1.gif84Wkp0L.gif

Just now, ASquirtle said:

Oh that's sweet as! I'll make sure to check it out then. Where would be the best place to get the different beatmaps for the game?

Uhm, some recommend entering multiplayer rooms to pick up beatmaps here and there. Or you can manually search for artists you like on the osu! website, or download beatmap packs from the osu! website.

When I started, I took my friend's beatmap folder and expanded it myself using all of the methods I mentioned above, but mostly #2.

19 minutes ago, Albatro said:

Uhm, some recommend entering multiplayer rooms to pick up beatmaps here and there. Or you can manually search for artists you like on the osu! website, or download beatmap packs from the osu! website.

When I started, I took my friend's beatmap folder and expanded it myself using all of the methods I mentioned above, but mostly #2.

Ok I've signed up and created an account, I will play with you one day :D

M3nIUZ1.gif84Wkp0L.gif

Hello,gamers~!! Now this thread suits me the best! I'm a big fan of Dota 2 and my steam username is khairilchipz. You guys can add me,but I'll accept maybe a bit late cuz right now I'm on a tight situation since my final high schooler examination is around the corner which is on November. Nice to see gamers gathered here. Btw,I'm on SEA server😊

Buddies The Best

1 minute ago, Yuju-nim Jjang~ said:

Hello,gamers~!! Now this thread suits me the best! I'm a big fan of Dota 2 and my steam username is khairilchipz. You guys can add me,but I'll accept maybe a bit late cuz right now I'm on a tight situation since my final high schooler examination is around the corner which is on November. Nice to see gamers gathered here. Btw,I'm on SEA server😊

I can not find you on steam =[ You can add me instead, I have my steam profile on my profile. I don't mind playing on SEA servers I've been playing with Josh on there.

M3nIUZ1.gif84Wkp0L.gif

58 minutes ago, ASquirtle said:

Ok I've signed up and created an account, I will play with you one day :D

Cool! Add me, 'Albatro'!

What's your IGN?

Just now, Albatro said:

Cool! Add me, 'Albatro'!

What's your IGN?

ASquirtle as per usual lol I will add you when I'm on tomorrow. 

M3nIUZ1.gif84Wkp0L.gif

2 hours ago, ASquirtle said:

I can not find you on steam =[ You can add me instead, I have my steam profile on my profile. I don't mind playing on SEA servers I've been playing with Josh on there.

Oh is that so? Okay,I'll search for you later when I go to cybercafes....... It's ASquirtle right?

Buddies The Best

I play League of Legends alot right nowwww, Hearthstone and used to be Maplestory, but my friends all stopped and playing maplestory alone is sad :(.

League of Legends IGN:  ŚaltyÇrystał  It has special letters so just copy and paste. I play on the Garena Server 

Hearthstone Tag: N0xionDraven#1549

Oh I play steam games too, but very few since my money has to be saved for important stuff (Gfriend stuffs) and my steam name is 애린

On 27/8/2016 at 6:11 PM, Albatro said:

18 hours ago, ASquirtle said:

YAY! Another Osu! Buddy!!! I found this, and confirmed by the mapper @Albatro hahaha

1471715047301.jpg

Anyway, I've recorded my Osu!Mania gameplay. This map has just been ranked a few hours ago.

Add my osu! account, "sandmandx" xD

rr04dtF.jpgafj8s6G.jpg
yqku7a4.jpgU2405kT.jpg

1 hour ago, Reishi32 said:

YAY! Another Osu! Buddy!!! I found this, and confirmed by the mapper @Albatro hahaha

1471715047301.jpg

Anyway, I've recorded my Osu!Mania gameplay. This map has just been ranked a few hours ago.

I used to play some Osu!, but it was a different version... something with circles and stuff...

I play mostly LoL and CSGO.

My LoL EUW account is "StewieAmit", and my steam is steamcommunity.com/id/yerinnuna/

Add me if you want :)

Edited by Amit

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

20 minutes ago, Amit said:

I used to play some Osu!, but it was a different version... something with circles and stuff...

My LoL EUW account is "StewieAmit", and my steam is steamcommunity.com/id/yerinnuna/

Ah, the one with circles is Osu Standard Mode. The one I played is Osu Mania mode. Same application, different mode xD

Found on youtube.

rr04dtF.jpgafj8s6G.jpg
yqku7a4.jpgU2405kT.jpg

8 hours ago, Yuju-nim Jjang~ said:

Oh is that so? Okay,I'll search for you later when I go to cybercafes....... It's ASquirtle right?

Yup ASquirtle my display picture is a squirtle with the caption deal with it lol

M3nIUZ1.gif84Wkp0L.gif

4 hours ago, Reishi32 said:

1471715047301.jpg

This version looks very much like ddr/stepmania lol. I played that type of game a lot more than the standard Osu.

3 hours ago, Amit said:

Dang EU is probably the worst region for me to play with. Ping goes through the roof and playing CSGO with high ping is ridiculously hard.

M3nIUZ1.gif84Wkp0L.gif

I used to be a hardcore osu player but i stopped for multiple reasons

I still play it from time to time though but only offline

Edited by concon

tumblr_o8a8egsKE61vnacm5o3_r1_250.gif

I tried playing osu before but I quit bcs I can't navigate it lol is it a laptop friendly game? I'm playing audition dance battle and some of the modes there needs to use a numpad.. I really want to play with buddies :D

pTexBdT.gifdo2VPg3.gif

새롭게 시작해 볼래 그리고                우릴 아프게 했던 시간들은 다시는 없을 거야 ~ 

Let’s start fresh, you and me                 Times that hurt us will never come back again 

Is there anybody that plays Overwatch? Do add me! Starz#6873

giphy.gif