singermelodie1

What song got you into GFriend?

69 posts in this topic

Glass Bead. :]

tumblr_oa9ngqo7w11ssnf1qo4_400.gif

"Glass Bead", especially when Yerin kneed herself in the nose and kept dancing in Running Man Ep. 237. I liked them but after that that was it.

Glass Bead:sowonnice:

200.gif

Glass Bead :wow:

Funny story, bare with me here. So I was sharing a bed with my buddy in a hotel room, and we decided to scroll through his youtube subscription box, and boom Me Gustas Tu came up and we decided to listen to the song because we thought the name was funny, and that was how i got into them :D

Flip Flop To The Top

tumblr_o3io05Vqv11v9lokho3_400.gif

I remember watching their debut video through a link on my facebook newsfeed, but I wasn't into Kpop then and I only thought it was interesting and a nice song xD I only really started noticing them with their MGT fancam that came up in the news somewhere... Then cue another tiny period of silence (and periodic stalking and replaying of MGT <3) until I found that they were having a comeback released within the next few days (Rough~) and boom. Down I go, through the Kpop rabbit hole. Buddy forever xx

Soo basically it was Rough that technically got me into GFriend as a group. MGT as the first song I really liked and the one that got me noticing them though :) 

8Hwt9x.gif8SqYLK.gif

Spoiler

I really really like MGT and Rough but I think Navillera is the one that really got me into it. All of their songs are so catchy :) 

Me gustas tu got more of my attention. But i got into gfriend after i listened to rough

I started with MGT and then it really exploded when Rough came out.

HERE I GO, I WANNA GO

nerdysinbart sig.jpg

cr: nerdysinb

Glass Bead and White. Especially White, it sounds reallly catchy to me.

Rough

On 8/22/2016 at 9:55 PM, Yerinta said:

Me gustas tu got more of my attention. But i got into gfriend after i listened to rough

this :)

MGT makes me know them, but rough is something else ...

rough is more than a girl group song: it has good lyrics, good melody, good coreography, and even a good MV

Rough and Navillera. Their songs are amazing!

The song that got me hooked on GFriend was Glass bead. Not just the song but the combination of the song and the choreography. The synchronized movements were unbelievable. Their future singles were as intense as their debut as well.

jCwTQ3U.gif

Buddy since Glass Bead anthem

MV Teaser gives me life everytime as watched to it :umjilove:

Glass Bead 

Rough xD Didn't really like it at first when i checked their MV out of curiosity (i just wondered why their song got 1st place in the chart). Many weeks after that, got to watch Running Man where Yerin appeared as one of the guest and her funny appearance made me laughed so hard and .... yeah, i started to watch Rough again...

6ZmUXSq.gif

i heard of them through the mgt fancam and became a casual fan after seeing them on weekly idol and absolutely slay the random dance play in two gos like wth? i dont care that they only had 2 songs to dance to with their choreo its still hard. i then properly stanned them through rough and im just getting more obsessed with each comeback

Me Gustas Tu.

Friend and I were trying to avoid post-concert depression (we had just seen Apink live). We needed a distraction so he introduced me to GFriend and told me to listen to Glass Bead-MGT-Rough in that order but it was MGT that got me hooked.

Even more so after I saw their slipping performance of aforementioned song. The determination and will to finish strong despite FUBAR environment impressed me a lot.

FEZ4zS.gif "Fall down eight times, get up nine." 

"Вся слава Тому, Кто искупил жизнь мою"

Rough. When I first saw the MV I became interested because the dance part of it stood out from all the kpop videos I have watched. Gfriend got me back to Kpop after more than 2 years hiatus, no regrets.

Edited by poeticaffeine

actually this ROUGH 2x then listen to the original speed

16144447_1376647265714656_780573532_n.gi
 LOVE YOU GUYS 
HeyItsMeJOULES

Rough was the song that got me back into K-Pop in general after a three year hiatus. I really liked the song and the choreography, but I was still on the fence about committing to K-Pop again. Then GFriend made a comeback in the summer with Navillera, and I instantly became a Buddy. Eunha's opening line in the song was totally fitting for how I felt about GFriend. "From the moment I saw you, I knew you were special." 

Recently, I have been listening to Glass Bead pretty often. It's the perfect description of the girls:  Precious, indestructible, and will keep shining for the Buddies! The song inspires me to stay true to shining in my own life. 

Me Gustas Tu was the song that got me into GFriend. I remember I watched one of their stage performances and I was amazed when they did that really cool 180 spin. The power innocent concept caught my eyes and I really like how well they mixed the power and the innocent. I then went through almost every single YouTube reaction for Me Gustas Tu Music videos and wondered if the reactors would spot the coolness of their 180 spin but almost no one really noticed that part (maybe because they only showed like a second of that spin in the MV). This all happened a few months before the falling video of Yuju which went viral and everybody started noticing GFriend. I am just glad how far they've come and I really hope SouMu would put more thought into their next comeback. GFriend Fighting !!

i remember when the video of them all slipping on stage dancing to me gustas tú went viral and i thought the song was catchy so i watched the music video and jammed out to it a lot lol. although i love rough now, when it first came out i didn't really care for it so i kinda ignored it. then in july 2016 i noticed that they came back with navillera and i realllllllly loved the song and mv, i guess that was when i officially became a gfriend stan :) then when the fingertip mv came out i stayed up late to watch it right when it came out and now i'm obsessed with gfriend lol :P

fly like the butterflies bloom like the flowers wake from the dreams