Perseus

How, when and why did you start liking Gfriend ~Share my story~

188 posts in this topic

started probably around the time when they went on Weekly Idol and did the 2x dance of Rough, and was very impressed by their choreography. It was good timing as shortly after they came for their first North American fanmeet and I was able to see them live.

I took notice of them when I saw the video of Yuju falling on stage. I gave in and decided to go all in when Navillera came out [emoji23] I bought all their albums and became a hardcore fan.

Sent from my iPhone using GFSquad.com mobile app

2 years ago in musical theatre class, my 3 classmates (who liked kpop) showed me and my friends the slip stage. I LAUGHED at that time (I feel so bad now) and decided to watch it again but with sound. I was ADDICTED to the song and decided to watch more about them. My friend was obsessed with bts at that time so I wondered why she liked them so much and gave it a try with gfriend. I watched their weekly idols and they were so funny. I became such a hardcore fan I forgot to do my homework and study.

Oh god where to start. when they were teasing member photos before eubt and it got more after Toronto Kcon 2016 when they were amazing and had such amazing fan service They gave me the best birthday present ever. 

I've heard about GFriend before stanning them but didn't really paid any attention. So it was weird but I was watching some YoonMin interaction videos and came upon one when GFriend won the new artist award during Gaon Chart Music Awards. The fanchants when they won really impressed me I dropped my quest in fangirling over yoonmin, googled bout the girls and idk, I just didn't stop and kindda fell in love with all of them. I mean like they're a bunch of quirky loud funny pretty girls dancing like their life depended on it.... (plus the first time I listened to Rough, I cried so that really left an impression)...And now here I am, a trash.

I found out about GFriend when listening to the podcast "This Week in Kpop" with Josh and Steven when the podcast was released. That is episode number 63, in case anyone else wants to listen to it. They played a clip of "Glass Bead" and did a review of it. I was at my old job at the time, working my first clerical job. I fell in love at first listen. I went and watched the video, fell in love with Yerin (forever my best girl/bias) with her opening lines, cute smile, and her amazing amount of screen time in the music video. I was in university at the time and tried my best to learn the dance in empty classrooms when I had time. In time, I fell in love with everyone in OT6 and the rest was history.  <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

For me, i like to think of it as faith. I first noticed them when i watched a youtube video of the top 50 kpop groups, cuz i just dtarted to get into kpop and i wanted to know new groups. and among all the fifty, somehow gfriend's me gustas tu was the only one that realy catched my eye/ear, and made me curious to see more of that group. So i searched the song on youtube, and found the dance practice to that song and my first and only thought throghout the song was just "wow". They were so good! Now that's when i realy started to get curios. I watched some video clips of them together, and then i started to completly fall for them. Their friendship is just so real, and fun. They seemed so cool and honest, and...so friendly i just wanted to grab every one of them and just give 'em a huge hug. It's hard to find girls like that in that industry, and it just made me realy happy to see them. So yeah, i fell in love with that group hard from the start. And after i saw the video of them falling over and over again, and gained respect for their professionalism on stage. I started liking them way before i started likinig their songs. But not long after i fell in love with gfriend themselfs i started loving their songs too, starting rough and then also their less known songs. So... yeah. Thats pretty much how i fell in love with them. Watched the dance practice to me gustas tu, fell in love with their pesonalities through youtube videos, finding out that i cant stop singing their songs and endin up downloading all of them and becoming a proud BUDDY! And also- they were my first kpop group i ever stanned, so i got realy attached.. because they're my first i'll probably never love another group as much as i love them... GFriend FIGHTING!

Edited by Haily

I don't really listen to girlbands or even kpop at all. I got super into Perfume starting with their music and then getting into all the other aspects, and the same thing happened with Gfriend - which I think is an uncommon way to get into them judging from other posts

I was just browsing iTunes one day and found Neverland on Glass Bead. That song literally blew me away, it was just like when I first listened to Spending All My Time and knew I'd be listening to that group for a LONG time. To this day I think that Neverland is one of the best songs to ever come out of Korea and it makes me super happy every time I listen to it.

I like that Gfriend is super innocent. I think it's hard to find true innocence in music without it being sort of chokingly sugar sweet, but the girls definitely pull it off amazingly.

Unlike other music, when I listen to Gfriend I sort of feel like they're singing everything specifically for me. Like there is nothing they'd want more than for me to just not feel like crap. They can always pick me up when I'm down!

I'm ~very~ new to Gfriend fandom stuff - it didn't dawn on me that Gfriend would have a fan site just like the Perfume sites I used to visit with such a nice dedicated group of fans - but you guys all seem really cool and I look forward to supporting the girls with you!

GFRIEND found me [emoji5] haha. Actually i am not into kpop i am a anime lover so imma jpop [beep!]g [emoji4] and i like YURI a girl love story a girl x girl.. while im searching i found a video titled "jelous Sinb" hahaha and dang YERIN effin got ME [emoji23] the so gay Yerin and the jelly Sinb haha. So i started watching Glass bead, rough and megustas tu haha also thier trips, OFD, showtime with mamoo and many more [emoji23] and now im crazy, i even made a channel on youtube to share the blessings that gfriend gave me. I take them a everyday like a vitamins. Sowon, Yerin, Eunha, Yuju, Sinb and Umji.. thank you for finding the rotten me.. i love you girls goodluck for the future [emoji5] i can talk all day about you guys. *xoxo*

Sent from my SM-J200GU using GFSquad.com mobile app

I really got into kpop around the time I started attending university. For me putting songs and albums on repeat while doing work and studying was the only way I could concentrate and get past midterms and finals. From doing this I started following a lot of groups and listening to all their music. I followed the charts, listened to what was popular and when I had free time I watched korean dramas and variety shows. First time I saw Gfriend was on weekly idol with their 2x rough dance and I thought they were a fun group with good music and chereo. They became another group I followed but when LOL and the awakening came out I started listening to them more and watching more of their variety and subs. Then when I saw them at KCON NY this summer I was blown away. Going to their fan engagement and then seeing them perform live was completely different from watching their videos. Ever since the concert I've been stanning them super hard and I'm super excited to get my parallel albums ahhhhhhh

[VIETSUB] 170314  Idol Party GFRIEND - Part.1 FULL

I recognized them while I was busy stanning a very popular group which is SNSD. This group is the very reason why Im stuck in this Kpop world. I really love them. Then one day, while I was busy scrolling my allkpop app, GFriend debut teaser photo pops up. I still remember that photo, those white dresses their wearing and those long, black hair that all of them bears. And around that time, our SinB was being said to resemble SNSDJessica. And when the time their debut song, Glass Bead, was realease, I was blown away. At first, I feel awkward seeing how different they are from other group because of the school concept. Then while watching their mv, I was amaze by their dance. It was really new to me and the song is so good. From that time, I stated to research about their names and their biography. Then I watch their ep on weekly idol with berry good, and their so funny specially Yerin. Haha. Then Me gustas tu was released next. It was so lit! I really love it and Im touched by their professionalism they had when I was that viral video with them continuosly fall while performing in the rain. Their attitude that some Idols never had, like for instance when theyre going to introduce their group in a variety shows, instead of just say introducing their group and thats it, they first introduce their group and then they'll say "will do our best and take care of us", and Im so proud that even now that they starting to gain more and more attention, they still bear this so called "rookie attitude". And I just really really love them. I already watch most of their variety shows and they never dissapoint me. And Im a Proud BUDDY!

Sent from my 4032E using GFSquad.com mobile app

I've always known they were talented, but their songs were unfortunately not really my style. I'm not really into cutesy schoolgirl songs, so i didnt like me gustas tu, navillera or glass bead, even though i thought the choreography and lives were amazing and. I really like fingertip and summer rain though, so i guess fingertip is when i started liking gfriend??

on an unrelated note, i actually did a dance cover of summer rain, if any of u are interested, so pls take a look if u have time and tell me what you think!

I started liking was trapped by Gfriend the day they released Rough's MV. At first I was like "Oh, that Gfriend group released a new song, looks a little interesting, I guess I'll watch it", and ever since that day I've been a Buddy~ had to backtrack to their older two comebacks that I missed out on. It was also kinda coincidental because they started winning like crazy for Rough and Navillera, so I'm glad I could see them winning show after show instead of just hearing/reading about it later.

---
42 Girl Group Songs Piano Mashup (in under 7 minutes):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW5bd_YJl7U

When did I started to like GFRIEND?

Well, when I first watched and listened to "Me Gustas Tu" in Youtube. Honestly, I don't know and like them at that time. I was like ( What GFriend ? ) I became curious so " I clicked " and I like the song.. That's it at that time. And then, when I watched Running Man and saw Yerin. She is really funny on that episode and after that, I've search all their Variety and Reality Shows ( especially Weekly Idol ). They're all really funny and after that, I already started searching for their songs. And now, I can say that I'm really into GFRIEND ( most especially, to my bias Yerin :) )  Get well soon..

Why did I like GFRIEND?

Do I need to have a reason?

I just like them :) 

(  Yerin forever.. GFriend forever.. )

Why and how did I start liking/stanning GFRIEND? Well..

About a year ago I really liked SNSD. Their songs were so catchy and happy, so I really loved them. But, for whatever reason, I took a break from KPOP. A few months ago I was getting a bit more curious about KPOP since I kept seeing KPOP group names or songs popping up everywhere. I also wanted to stan some group again, so I searched up on Youtube ''Top KPOP songs'' and there I found GFRIEND's Glass Bead. I instantly liked the song, I kept the song on repeat for so long. Then, I found out that they have even more songs so I was pretty happy. Surprisingly, I pretty much liked all of their songs (which doesn't happen often), after that I started watching more videos about them (reality shows, compilations etc.) and I was hooked. I then found this site, and thanks to that I became a bigger fangirl. Right now, GFRIEND is the only group I stan hard.

Pildiotsingu gfriend tulemus
❤ Proud to be a Buddy ❤

It was around January of 2015 at the start of the month they posted the teaser images for their debut, The moment i saw those pictures I knew that they were talking about some serious girl group, I followed them since that moment when i felt their strong vibe. 

When and How?

I became a buddy in the middle of love whisper promotion (Too bad, I should have known them from debut, if I can just turn back time [emoji22])

But I came to the Love Whisper MV after I randomly watched the MV of their collaboration with BTS for Smart Family? The comments such us "I wonder how did they make SinB dance to this song?", "I can feel that SinB is dying inside" got my attention (It's kinda weird but I am attracted to savage people and I honestly sense that SinB is savage by just reading the comments). I became curious about her so I searched about her and the whole GFRIEND and I ended up watching bunch of their videos in about two weeks (?) , everyday and everynight and I'm very thankful that lots of them are subbed by the way. And for their songs, even it's my first time hearing them I instantly like them all, not just the title tracks, even the side tracks and even their Intros [emoji4]

Everything about their albums are so perfect to me. It is my first time to play a certain MV repeatedly in a day and still can't get enough of it. I'm glad that they already have a lot of songs but I'm kinda sad that I am not with them from the start huhu (I should have listened to girl groups before)

Why?

Well, I can't explain why I love them 'cause I just don't know if I can find the right words to express it.

I just fell in love with them and I am very thankful that I got to know them because they inspired me multiple times and I think getting to know them made me a better person since I learned a lot from them, from being kind to hard working, they are literally angels for me.

P.S

I still watch bunch of their videos everyday and everynight even if it's not subbed hahaha [emoji23] Without them my day isn't complete ;) hahaha

Sent from my 8055 using GFSquad.com mobile app

hmm I know them since MGT era. I like their song,but I don't interested to find out about the member. I was busy fangirling over SNSD that time, until Rough was released. then I spent a day listening to their album from Glass Bead to Snowflake, google about the members, then my first bias is Eunha, because she's very cute. but everything changed when Fingertip was released. I fall in love with the red-haired girl named Sowon, and she's my bias now. hehehe :x

- there is love in everything. Even in hatred -

I was impressed with GFriend from when they debuted.

Coming from a performer and musician background  I see how difficult their choreography is to have to synchronize all of their movements and the power that they put behind all of their moves.

What really impressed me was when they showed up at the show "Hello Counseler" to encourage their fan to go back to school instead of cutting class to go to all of their events.

They are "Geniune" friends who genuinely care about each other and their buddies. Nothing fake or pretentious about them.

And all the awards that they have earned is all a result of their hard work and their love for Buddy. 

I was a delayed Buddy. For some reason, during their comeback stage in Rough era, Youtube suggested their video from 1theK. Curiously, since I haven't watched any KPOP video, I clicked it since it was very unusual. I got stunned by their synchronized dance routine. Being a dancer myself, I find satisfaction in seeing flawless synchronization. Then, I checked their other videos and I was stunned. I noticed their talent in dance and then music and their personality. Now, I'm a die-hard Buddy! I cried with them when they got their 1st win. :D

BUMP!

Share your stories new Buddies!

JnGGqED.gif

0Ea9a.png0EGiQ.png

Credits to ASquirtle & Hana for sigs! ^^

Twitter

I'm new here :) I started liking GFRIEND bcs of SinB who looks like Jessica but later on changed to my forever love which is Umji haha I love all of them but Umji has a special space in my heart <3 

hFSzQWY.gif

pTexBdT.gifdo2VPg3.gif

새롭게 시작해 볼래 그리고                우릴 아프게 했던 시간들은 다시는 없을 거야 ~ 

Let’s start fresh, you and me                 Times that hurt us will never come back again 

Everthing bout them is just so Great! from being a part of this unique fandom- from how they slayed every performances- 

I stan GFriend our Queens from their very first released 1st Mini Album- and that is when I fell inlove with their performances from their voices to their dancing skill.^_^- Excitement is just one of those things, the reason why I am still here. Unexplanable feeling will authomatically flows as you stan them. I swear -

From why did I start liking gfriend is because seriously I see Girls Generation in them;

They have strong mind, strong personality that leads to them in where they are now. Despite of many negative comments "haters", they choosed to keep moving-

And now See! what they achieved; success, fame and buddies loyalty.  

GFRIEND JJANG!

jJ6pRAQ.gif.gifmbN8sso.gif.gif

I start liking Gfriend when I see their performance at MBC Gayo dejun 2016 for the first time.
I love their songs and performance specialy Rough Performance. and then I start searching about MVs on Youtube and Reality shows and Performances.and I be a BUDDY That Love GFRIEND

Sent from my [device_name] using http://GFSquad.com mobile app

personally, i wasn't into kpop at all, but i loved kdramas so i was browsing soompi bc they'll sometimes have recommendations. one day, i noticed an article titled something along the lines of "Gfriend does dance blindfolded perfectly" and something made me click on it. i watched the video of them dancing to Navillera in their old studio and i feel in love with sinb's grace. i loved every aspect of this dance - the opening where they do that ripple just snagged me. i was such a fan of navillera. i'm not big on cutesy concepts, but i love their group dynamic and find myself looking forward to their variety appearances.

as soon as i drift away from them, they always pull me back. (i'm a sucker for sinb's antics) and i find their bond exceeds that of other groups due to the sheer respect they have for each other and their willingness to sacrifice for other members. the purity in their friendship and utter talent each member holds amazes me. GAH. i just love how sweet these girls are and despite their talent & success, they remain down to earth. it's so refreshing in this industry.

anyway! i hope sinb will join hit the stage (or a dance show in general) to showcase her personal talent beyond gfriend's concepts and to hype the group name up again or they'll do another girl crush/90's concept similar to Fingertip or Navillera bc i absolutely loved those eras. its a shame people didn't appreciate Fingertip:(