Perseus

How, when and why did you start liking Gfriend ~Share my story~

188 posts in this topic

I got into GFRIEND just by simple curiosity. I was watching a weekly idol random dance video and their 2X Rough video was suggest for me. Clicked on it and was intrigued by how talented they were. Next thing I knew, I started watching their Weekly Idol segments and began to fall deeper into their charms. What really made me like them was when I started watching their shows like Showtime and One Fine Day. I use to have a lot of overnight shifts, so when I came home I would be exhausted. I normally sat there and just watched more and more GFRIEND videos as time passed by because I found them so cheerful and they were different from most girl groups. They made me feel happy and gave me energy even during a tiring time, and I can't express how cute these girls are. 

knIKYSW.jpg

First heard of them involving the falling on stage accident but wasn't really interested in checking out their songs. Then I saw them on Weekly Idol with Twice, GOT7 and BTOB, they did the 2x Navillera dance and I fell in love with Eunha immediately. Her short hair is adorable! And I was impressed with their choreography and song. Started checking out more variety shows and their other songs and the rest is history. So I start being a buddy from their navillera comeback ^^

I was checking out new girl groups at the time GFriend released their debut MV Glass Bead. It was very SNSD-esque to me so I didn't think they would stand out. But then I watched their super nugu appearance on Weekly Idol with Berry Good. Then I saw Yerin on Running Man and watched her knee herself in the face. 

I find all the Sones here hilarious, because I'm also an Ex-Sone. After I left the fandom, I didn't stan a group as hard until GFriend.

Edited by eunhottie

Gfriend Discord Group: https://discord.gg/dHuRtx9

I know them since glassbead. I stan them since MGT.
I love many GG, but gfriend always make me proud with their hardwork, thats why now Im their loyal stan.

They sang live in their debut stage, shaky and tired, but they always give the best for us.
They always give us goosebumps with their live singing.
They hit 0 on archery before and now they're queen.
They are always honest on TV. They're a bunch of beagles from the start, not just someone trying so hard to become one.
They always make the common concept different: they change innocent to power innocent, and now I think they change girlcrush into girl power.
They are sooo friendly to other groups.
They're funny. I watch their "knowing brother ep" even eunha who's the least funny can make they all laugh.
Their visual always getting better and better.

They're the complete packaging. They're like a girlfriend that makes you fall deeper every single day.

Sent from my iPhone using GFSquad.com mobile app

Thanks to yerin first appearance on 'runningman' that is when and where i start recognize gfriend. On that episode, they play the highlight of the song which is 'glass bead'. At first, i dont give any interest in yerin or the song. I just think, 'here it is, another newcomer trying to be cute'. But more i re-watching the episode, the more i attracted with the song that become the background of yerin appearance. 'Hey this song is really catchy and easy listening'. So i start to search on youtube, and i found 'glass bead' MV along with other member sowon, sinb, eunha, yuhu and umji. And then come MGT era, Rough era, navillera and now fingertip. I stan gfriend from MGT era. They keep sing a good song, they have beautifull concept, they are really kind and humble also dork at the same time (haha) and the most important is they show me the 'joy of listening' in kpop music more than just the 'joy of seeing'. Gfriend deserve a lot of love. They are really a precious girlgroup

Some people say they become famous because of the 'falling incident' and i said 'Nah!'. I know about the incident at the end of 'Rough' era or maybe 'Navillera'

Sent from my SM-G531H using GFSquad.com mobile app

I got into gfriend when my friend share Me gusta Tu MV on fb

Sent from my A1601 using GFSquad.com mobile app

I was just scrolling through youtube, and happened upon the MV for Glass Bead only a few days after their debut. I watched it, and I thought it was okay and I also thought it sounded exactly like INTW (I wasn't even a true kpop fan then, I only really liked one group and had seen a few MVs and heard a few songs), so I kind of just ignored Gfriend. HOWEVER, I kept singing the song, and kept going back to listen to it again and watch the music video again and again and again for the next few days. Then, after awhile, I saw Yerin on Running Man and pretty much became a fan from that point on because she was just so entertaining and funny. After that, I watched other variety shows (Weekly Idol and Look After Our Dog) and fell deeper into the hole that I had already dug for myself. 

Gfriend is the second group (but first girl group) that I stanned, and is still definitely my favorite (well, its actually tied) group in all of kpop. :umjilove:

I actually saw their Glass Bead debut. I honestly looked they all looked plain at first. So I was like, "I might come back to this group."

Eventually I grew sort of disinterested during MGT era and eventually skipped the Rough era.

Then Navillera happened. Then Showtime happened. Then...

Here I am. Look at me now. :umji-hihi:

So beautiful, like a stream of rain water, our transparent story...

ezgif.com-crop.gif.5dd0988a7301cbcff9b8c7650b4e37b3.gif

GFRIEND

After January 5, 2016.

Ah, where do I begin, Buddies?

I was so depressed after the Apink concert in Vancouver. Not in a bad way, but PCD: Post-Concert Depression. I missed them already even after it was over. When I got home, I continued to listen to their songs over and over but I needed something else to distract myself from PCD. I avoided Kpop actually for a bit just to distract myself but that didn't work out too well.

A few months later, friend of mine suggested I listen to GFriend because it was similar atmosphere and concept to Apink: cute, innocent, angelic, soft...so I gave it a listen. Wasn't too thrilled at first when I listened to Me Gustas Tu but I found myself humming the chorus at times during school or work. 

So I gave them a chance. 

Oh boy. I was blown away at their choreography and their visuals. The person who struck me most was Eunha with her long hair and chubby cheeks. Then I noticed the main vocalist, Yuju, who had one heck of a voice; so powerful, so strong, so much energy! Then I listened to Rough and was again blown away at how sharp and precise their choreography was. Each member knew what each other were doing and could synchronize like a machine. It was mesmerizing to watch. Never had I encountered a group that was so focused and adamant on sharp choreography.

The thing that hooked me most was the Me Gustas Tu falling performance when SinB fell once and Yuju fell eight times. I was saddened by it, but also gave them so much respect for pushing through even though it was obvious they were having difficulties performing. They pushed through to the end and Yuju made sure to smile everytime she got up even though it was clear she was in pain...let's face it; when you're in a skirt and dancing and falling all over the place on a wet rainy stage, you're gonna have bruises and scratches. Even so, she always got back up and I think THIS defined GFriend so much.

They sometimes fall. They sometimes don't do as well. They know it, SouMu knows it, we know it, yet they continue to get back up and everytime they do, they give us more and more reasons to respect and love them. Their hard work ethic is something that inspires me.

And then Navillera era began and ohhhhhhhhh boy. Before this point, I was having trouble finding a bias; it switched from Yuju to Yerin to SinB and back to Yuju and back to Yerin and back to SinB, but once I saw their July 14 performance (tennis outfits), my eyes immediately went to Yuju and I knew she'd be my bias.

She still is albeit Yerin is working hella hard to break that bias list. She will not win, that beautiful energetic ginseng. Not against the main vocalist!

FEZ4zS.gif "Fall down eight times, get up nine." 

"Вся слава Тому, Кто искупил жизнь мою"

I have no interest in korean-related stuffs tbh. But then a friend influenced me to watch Korean Variety Shows. I've seen Yerin (Episode 237) and all of the members (Episode 272) first at Running Man but i didn't mind them at that time cause I don't listen to kpop. When I watched the Los Angeles Episode of Infinity Challenge, GFriend was their guest at that time. Then as I watched the episode, I've fallen to their charms. Especially Eunha eating spaghetti while riding a rollercoaster. Waaaah So cool~ And then I became interested in them and started to stan them.. FULLTIME YAAAY. GFRIEND FIGHTING!!!!!!!

Mental giphy.gif Maknae

I was actually watching some ranking videos on the top girl grp choreos and most of them mentioned gfriend's mgt so I just watch their mv out of curiosity and i was hooked to the music and the choreo after watching the mv. So I started learning their dance and watch every single video related to them. And I think I really fell in love with them cos I legit dance to their songs like almost everyday and I told all my friends abt them so that more ppl could stan them. I guess I really really fell for them and I srsly stan them and love them a lot.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y511-U10 using GFSquad.com mobile app

I remember coming across pics of their school trilogy fansigns and promotions, then decided to check out their music videos. It was around August 2015, so Me Gustas Tu was still new (pre-viral fancam) and I fell in love with their concept and visuals..not to mention they were so talented.

I've been a buddy ever since!

I became their fan shortly after their debut (within the same month or so) My family had been going through a lot issues at the time and I was at the point where I was really dissociating with everything. Everything seemed bland and tiresome. The music that I originally liked didn't have the same appeal. I couldn't watch tv and actually enjoy it. I was just really numb for a long time. And then I discovered the music video for 'Glass Bead' and the rest is history. I became addicted and it suddenly felt like I had a reason to care again. I binge watched every single video that I could find of them and replayed their dance practice over and over again trying to learn the dance (I still can't do it but I haven't given up, just put it on pause. Heh)

Nowadays I'm not as hardcore as I was but I still get excited for their comebacks and I've liked all their title tracks to date. I bought their 'Snowflake' album last year and I plan on buying the rest of their albums soon + their light stick is super pretty. My biases are Shin B, Umji & Yuju. Umji and Yuju have such distinct and lovely voices in my opinion and Shin-B is a dancing queen and I just enjoy her overall vibe. It's funny because I almost didn't check them out and now they're probably my favourite girl group. Their songs just make me really happy when I'm going through hard times and it's been a pleasure to watch them develop as a group.

tumblr_op0sc7D6rz1ve02bqo1_400.gif

29 minutes ago, toycrane said:

I became their fan shortly after their debut (within the same month or so) My family had been going through a lot issues at the time and I was at the point where I was really dissociating with everything. Everything seemed bland and tiresome. The music that I originally liked didn't have the same appeal. I couldn't watch tv and actually enjoy it. I was just really numb for a long time. And then I discovered the music video for 'Glass Bead' and the rest is history. I became addicted and it suddenly felt like I had a reason to care again. I binge watched every single video that I could find of them and replayed their dance practice over and over again trying to learn the dance (I still can't do it but I haven't given up, just put it on pause. Heh)

Nowadays I'm not as hardcore as I was but I still get excited for their comebacks and I've liked all their title tracks to date. I bought their 'Snowflake' album last year and I plan on buying the rest of their albums soon + their light stick is super pretty. My biases are Shin B, Umji & Yuju. Umji and Yuju have such distinct and lovely voices in my opinion and Shin-B is a dancing queen and I just enjoy her overall vibe. It's funny because I almost didn't check them out and now they're probably my favourite girl group. Their songs just make me really happy when I'm going through hard times and it's been a pleasure to watch them develop as a group.

your name caught my attention HAHAHA xD

Mental giphy.gif Maknae

When my friend's in junior high school showed me their music video and I was like “The music is really good.” but I was really not into kpop thingy yet, then after months they came back with me gustas tu, I do really really love it. AaaaaaaaaAaah jinjja I still love them:umjilove::yerin-love:

HOW, WHEN AND WHY DID YOU START LIKING GFRIEND. 

Back then, I was in a fangirling hiatus because Jessica Jung (ultimate bias) left SNSD (UB group), It's not that I stopped stanning them, I still do but not as active as before. So.. a lot of things happened and I started focusing on my studies as a university student (LOL). And my older sister who's a fangirl too introduced GFRIEND to me, I think it was in Me gustas tu era. She introduce them to me specially Sinb because she looks like Jessica. At first, (as a non gfriend stan) I also think that she did plastic surgery to be able to have Jessica's look (But now, I already know that she didn't.). I don't like her that much too because of it that time. I watched Glass bead MV and the first thing I thought was, 'Wow they are all healthy unlike other girl groups who are too skinny.'. Eunha, who looked like a mature lady back then and Sojung the Goddess visual caught my eyes as I keep watching and browsing their videos. My older sister keeps on playing their songs, like EVERYDAY. Dancing to me gusta tu and glass bead. Watching video clips and stage performances while forcing me to join her in all that stuff. So as days goes by, hearing their voices and songs everyday, I memorized it without intending to. And yeah, I already did watched the legendary fan cam of them dancing mgt in the rain but that didn't make me stan them back then tho. But when I watched Yerin on Running man ( yey 7012, My fav VS!) with her so extra Kkab dance and their first Weekly Idol appearance (they're so extra in that episode too ikennat) and their Love and Remember stage performance in KBS's Immortal Song, that's when I start loving them, that's when I realize how talented, hard working and EXTRA they are. Especially Sinb who laugh so hard without minding her idol image ( I love her so much). I didn't even know back then that they won a lot of awards in Rough era, maybe this is just a proof that I loved them because of who they are and not because of what they had. I focused on stanning them in Navillera era (that's y i got my username, gfnavillera) bcos I stopped attending school so I had a lot of time to do so. And become a twitter stan in Fingertip era. I am now really proud to say that I stan GodFriend. Every minute you spend to spazz about them will be worth it. I know I'd gone through a lot of things before stanning them, but I now all I can say is, I will support them until the end. No matter what happen. I love GFRIEND. Forever buddy.

Ps: And really really big thanks to my Unnie too for forcing me to watch their videos everyday xD 

gfnavillera-s_zpss7z92vxz.png&key=181bc265c62a61000e8e8f78c8659742f87fa0e2ce612cb2a1b043270b6f24bf

It's started like 3 or 4 months ago, when me and my 2 college friends were going for a job interview, at the way back, my friend played GFriend song on my car, and I started liking the song. Although my high school friend already introduce GFriend to me last year, but at that time, I don't have any interest at all, I'm really into gaming at that time. So after I heard the song on my car, I searched for the MV and live performance when I arrived at home. Since then, I started to like GFriend so much that GFriend is my ultimate bias group now. At first time it's really hard to recognize the members by looking at the live performance. The only member I could recognize is Yuju because she was using knee support while performing, also Yuju is the main vocal so it's easy to recognize her doing the high notes. Right now I'm only into GFriend. I also planned to go to Korea next year if possible, starting to save money for the trip.

eRtbf5Y.gif

"밤하늘의 달마저 가리워지는 교차점에서, 기다려요. 기적은 이루어질까요?"

Where even the moon in the night sky hides, I'm waiting for you. Will there be a miracle?

I have friend who brought me into the dark word of kpop, and she suggested GFriend I gave it try and Eunha completely melted me.

I stopped listening to kpop when 2ne1 was on hiatus, then I heard the song Rough last year and liked them immediately, then I was into kpop again. And when Navillera came out, I liked the song as well but didn't realize that it was the same group. (I know, I'm bad with names lol) That's when I started getting to know them more. Rough is still my fave song though but because of constantly listening to their songs Navillera became my bestfriends entourage song on her wedding. 

I've watched all of their variety even without sub. I'm still amazed with their blindfolded and 2x dances. Watching archery of them relaxes me. Its true, its hard to pick a bias from this group. Yerin is my bias, I was blownaway with Yeju, started to like Yuju as well, Eunha is my bias wrecker, loved Umji's sweet voice, Tom&Jerry line cracks me up every time.

Since I saw the video clip that fan made when Yuju kept falling on stage. I thought this girl group is a badass! They keep falling and getting up like no matter what, the show must go on! truly an inspiring work ethic and spirit.

I keep drawn to them when I saw their 2x faster dance in Weekly Idol. I mean how did they do that? their choreography is hard enough let alone they make it faster. Anyway, I loved them all and their performance is always slay!

This thread is so sweet that I thought I would add my story too! :yj2:

I first saw GFriend when their debut teaser came out and I was immediately struck by their in-sync choreography and the sound of their music. Being an older kpop fan their sound really reminded me of old songs that I used to love and I knew to keep my eye on them. When 'Glass Bead' was released I knew they would go far - GFriend were/are a group I felt kpop was missing in terms of image and sound but over time I have really grown to love them. I can't wait for more years with GFriend!! :BeastToss-29:

I was out of Kpop after Apink debuted in Japan and went for a long hiatus in Korea. My friend asked me to check out twice's song and Gfriend's Rough was a suggested video. I watched it and my mind was blew by their sharp choreography and how good the song is. I am a fan since then.

At first, I was a KPOP hater. I hated everything about KPOP, but ever since my first year in college, my interest was being drawn by K-Variety Shows. Everything started because of running man. I started to watch running man and I fell for the show, after few months, I started watching K-drama and other variety shows. While watching running man, I started liking KPOP because of Leessang since their songs were used as BGM then after Leessang, I was also caught by CN Blue since I have loved bands ever since I remeber (and I want my own band). Many more Idol groups guested on RM and I started on listening to their music from time to time. As my interest grew, I discovered Weekly Idol last year and started watching different groups and there I saw Gfriend. I have seen Yerin then on RM, they also performed on RM (100 vs 100) but my knowledge about them was so little so I didnt really direct my attention to them until I tried watching them on weekly Idol.  As I was watching them on WI, SinB immedietly caught my attention and from then, I started to fall inlove with her. I just loved everything about her and ever since then, I stanned Gfriend. SinB brought me to KPOP, SinB and Gfriend pulled me and made me fall inlove with KPOP. It hasn't been a year since I fell inlove with it but I can surely say that my love for Gfriend will never fade. SinB Saranghae! Yeojachingu Saranghae! Hwaiting!

tumblr_nrtl5aPmV31u92k49o1_540.gif

tumblr_nrjamzygLW1ub840ao8_400.gif

tumblr_nrptze36LK1u92k49o4_250.gif    I WILL ALWAYS BE SINB'S    tumblr_nrptze36LK1u92k49o1_250.gif

I first saw Gfriend when their debut teasers came out. I was so intrigued by them because of Sinb. I was kinda a Girls Generation fan and I was broken hearted when Jessica left. So when I saw Sinb, they already got my attention. Then Glass Bead came out and I love everything about it (the dance, song, their energy,etc.) From then on, I followed them. I watched every single music show performance, variety shows, reality shows, etc. This was the first time I was this in love with a group. Gfriend and Buddies, Hwaiting!!! ❤️

So... I'm a huge Moomoo,
So when yeomachinmoo showtime started I started noticing Gfriend and well... SinB just captured my heart and ever since my interest in them as a group grew the more I got into SinB

giphy.gif