Perseus

How, when and why did you start liking Gfriend ~Share my story~

188 posts in this topic

At first GFriend caught my eye from their GOD performance from Immortal Songs 2. I really liked their bright aura on stage. At that time Navillera was just realized and I didn't pay much attention to it but the people all around me said it was a really catchy song. So I gave it a listen and it really stuck to me. I think it was after watching Showtime for Mamamoo that I discovered GFriend's charms. Yerin's selflessness was really touching and one by one I discovered their own talents and quirks. Even now I still don't have a bias yet because I love them all.

I'll just make it short.. :)

I came across GFriend through a hate comment I read in a YouTube vid of a rookie group like GFriend last year. I was just curious so I searched for them. Weekly Idol featuring GFriend enlightened me LOL! The rest is history :D

avVr34p.png

I first saw the allkpop article of a girl group named "Girlfriend" (as in Yeojachingu) that will debut soon. I just laughed at it because I remembered Boyfriend and thought "Oh, they might have their debut song with the title Girlfriend too lol". And then people started talking about Glass Bead plus how great it was. ;;; There was not turning back from then on.

Stanned Double Y (Yuju and Yerin) since Glass Bead hehe

Yerin pulled one of my legs into Godfriend during Running Man, MGT choreography pulled my other leg into Godfriend, MGT slipping incident closed the door and trapped me into Godfriend. Rough and Navillera are basically sinking deeper into the depths of Godfriend. I'll never get out....

xRJdKMr.gif

3.gif

When Glass Bead first came out there is a lot of articles saying their similarities with Girls' Generation , me being a Sowon/Sone (Sowon is also my bias how great is that) went to check it out.

I'm a girl group trash so i didn't join the bandwagon to "hate" them and instead I admit they are talented and pretty. Soon Me Gustas Tu came out I wasn't that updated on them that time but my sister went craze with the song and unknowingly I also got addicted.

Since then i followed them lightly until Rough came out and I can't help but to stan them that was the era that blew me away.

Navillera then is soon released and I went to their showcase , seeing them live made me a hardcore Buddy. That's how i fell in love with these beautiful , talented girls.

Also this fandom is full of positivity and love,  i hope to spread it further to the K-pop world ^~^! 

Edited by Tiaralim

when I was started like gfriend, Glass Bead era, I really like their dance choreography. Its awesome for me, and they are such a dorky/cute at the same time. Then I watched their show at weekly idol, i started to be their fan. 😍😍😍😍😍💯!!251862660

I took notice around when Glass Bead was released.  The cheerful song and dancing so sharp and in-sync that made me look into them further.  The fandom does such a great job subbing shows, that it's been easy to learn more about their personalities. Yerin <3

Because Hwang Eunbi the Jessica look-a-like lmao. But i wont regret stanning them and now i really love Sinb:D. Not because Jessica, but because her savage personality.

Hi buddies!! I'm new here!

I'm a Sone and now I can tell I'm a proudly Buddy too from Barcelona (Spain). In like 7 years since I've discovered Kpop, I've only been a hardcore Sone, but now with Gfriend... Any other group has ever caught my attention like SNSD did. And now I have to admit that I'm 50% Sone and 50% Buddy xD Godfriend are amazing, really!!! I can't T__T

I started being a Buddy when I saw Mamamoo x GFriend's showtime. I haven't see them before because of their image/concept. I thought they were so... kinda "virginal concept" and that doesn't get my attention (don't get me wrong, I'm lesbian and I like girlish but not like they were flowers) I don't know how to express it.  So, like I said, I started to watch Mamamoo x Gfriend's Showetime and I fell soooooo in love with them!! It was crazy! I love their songs! Their dances are like f****!!!! And now I can't stop. It's really crazy what happens to me with our Gfriend <3 I really REALLY love their personalities. That's the first thing that caught me.

I love them so much! So I hope I can talk to others buddies here ^^

PD: I love Mamamoo too but not a this "level". It's crazy, really. And thanks to my beloved Mamamoo I met my Gfriend <3

Sabina

Edited by sabina

I start being a K-pop fan because I need to an ICT Homework, I need to find a song for my HW, so I asked my sister what songs did she know. Then she gave me EXO - lucky for me, I start listening to EXO, Apink and more. I like kpop songs very much. After that gfriend debut. my sister and my friends told me gfriend - glass bead is so similar to SNSD - into the new world, so I listen to gfriend song, I really like gfriend style and I think their dance is very good. I went to the internet and reach for them. At the time I really like Sowon, but after that I think Umji is so cute, so I became a buddy and my bias is Umji

qUOdEer.jpg 

Proud to be a buddy. Gfriend & buddies will forever stay and work hard together  

It's all because one of my friend on twitter (who's a fan of MamaMoo) posted on twitter that they'd be having a reality show with Gfriend I was initially checked Showtime for MamaMoo. And then i know that Gfriend's gonna have a comeback soon so when it's out i checked them out and i fall in love with Navillera instantly then after that i started to follow them and the rest is history. I'm a long-time fan of Brown Eyed Girls and to be honest i never think i could love another group as much as them until Gfriend happened. Stanning them was totally out of my plan but i never regret it X)

Before actually stanning them though my lil bro actually did show one of their practice video to me before but i didn't give much interest at that time xD I always stan a group because of their music first and then their personalities..it's like that with BEG and it's like that as well with Gfriend :') I love how they are so hardworking, positive and happy kids. I love how they genuinely care for each other. I said it on my intro and i'm gonna say it again here..even though some of us might not here supporting the girls from the beginning, let's be with them till the end!

btw I actually joined this site since July but i'm mostly active on twitter xD 

i start listen k-pop when k-pop booming in indonesia. When SuJu popular, in the first, i like Suju..... after 2 years, i am not like SuJu because they hiatus from long time. k-pop booming in indonesia in 2010, and then i become hiatus from being fans. i am just follow the k-pop but i just like the song. and then when RV debut, i kinda like it. in 2015, glass bead was out and i just like the songs not the group. after the RV become to much "weird" for me and then i hear news the Gfriend is fall, my heart kinda move and starting like Gfriend. and then i am starting like the group and then i hear one of ost in sensory couple that Yuju sing, i'm kinda like it. Since that, i love Gfriend and becomes buddy.....

Spark is You... Gfriend

tumblr_o67p6vCKwZ1uh9bkjo3_400.giftumblr_oajcksCVFE1vuwg39o1_400.gif

Www.umji picture.comHmmm,,, I thinking back.. it so memorable experience..  I liked them when I watched weekly idol(that time I don't know about this program..  it just a suggestion from YouTube).. then,I watched bcs btob at there too.. Actually, since mid 2015 I became not interested  with kpop anymore( not mean I not listen kpop song just not became fan) but when I watched  weekly idol..  and watch gfriend I had liked their song navillera which them want had comeback. But I not their fan at time just like their song likes I watch another group which involved  episode  weekly idol with gfriend at that time.. then I searched it and download for listen when I bored.. it a long time to I watch their mv again... I still remember  when I watched their mv again.. that time I so bored and my friend still sleep ( I lives at hostel ) and I play my phone and my eyes catch that videos.. and I feel want to watch it. When I watched their mv Eunha got my attention bcs she so beautiful . Then I watched it again and again and I saw something  interesting  when I seeing umji a likes with my junior then I get interested with them.. almost every day ( when a school break) I watch their video at YouTube and they so funny and adorable.. it my first time I got stanning with a girl group.. before  this I just watch apink and snsd song and it just for fun.. but gfriend it very different..  they not dance with gentle and they cute their way and ythey do not like be a sexist.. that why I loved them.. and bcs umji a became hardfan gfriend..  she so cute to abused her.. she always be my mind and I can't easily forget her.. that make to know gfriend until I had learn hangul ( before this I not interested with hangul ),  make twitter account , be a buddy and join gfsub..it bcs I had fall to gfriend so much.. it my first time  I be hardfan for kpop..

Edited by Ainaa

First Of All I'd like to tell you that before I became a buddy 
I hate K-Pop Groups Just like What the hell are they? LOL :yerincry:

But Suddenly I see one of my Classmate Shared Video (Video Below)

And I watched it till the end and i was amazed :sowon-wow: because of its choreography and cuteness of the group :worship:
Then I Was totally insane asking what group is that :gfriend:and asking the name of Sowon (That's why she is my first bias xD ).

Finally after some research and asking I eventually turn into a fanboy and be a BUDDY <3

Spoiler

Rough Era Buddy ^_^ Gonna Love and Support GFRIEND forever <3 

Spoiler

16144447_1376647265714656_780573532_n.gi
 LOVE YOU GUYS 
HeyItsMeJOULES

There is like two sides for this questions:

1. How I notice Gfriend? 2. How I became a buddy?

How I notice Gfriend, it was a very funny story (if I put it like that). It was in the summer of 2015, one of the singers that I listen to a lot (he was from Colombia [and I'm not even Colombian]) release a song with another singer!! And for me, I was so excited to hear the song, so I did and I really like it. So one day after hearing it, I went to YouTube to see if by any chance, there was a music video of that song. Sadly, there wasn't a video of it, just a audio video tho. But when I type the name of the song, the first video that came out was (at that time for me) this girl group! I was like, "an Asian group singing in Spanish!? I got to see this!!!" So I watch it and that's how I notice about Gfriend?

Now, how I became a buddy, now this one was odd and funny!? Like I said, I notice about Gfriend, but my feeling was like one of the singers from Lebanon... just waited if a new song came out. So I went back to YouTube and this time, I type their name and this video came out!! It was the remake MV of "Wave". And I really like it, but that video was that time I notice two things: what have I miss throughout the whole year and my first bias (Sowon caught my eye in the Wave MV). So after seeing the video, I was like "I'll like this group!" So I started to search them in every single website, music apps, there was in the U.S. So I found out that they had social media and I automatically started to follow them. Plus I look them up in Spotify, search them up and I started to follow them if they release a song. Then, one day I was in Instagram and I was looking at their profile and I notice people were saying "buddies" and I was like "why are they saying buddies?" So I went back to YouTube and look up some of their videos if they mention the word "buddy" and they did. So I look up "gfriend and buddy" on Google and before I know it, it said that was the group's fandom name. I was like, "All this time there was a fandom and I didn't knew about this? Its official, I'll be buddy!!" And so I became a buddy quite more than a month before the "Navillera era".

And that's how I notice both Gfriend and Buddy!!:)

At first I was not really into these kpop things despite many people like it here in Malaysia, when I started to like kpop about 2 years ago I've noticed that a new girl group will debut in early 2015 which become :gfriend:. I was like wow this group looks promising and all members have good visual and so pure looking. I became a buddy when they debut with Glass Bead and have like them ever since. I also became a yuju biased during Me Gustas Tu era because her vocal is skill was really shown in that song :D :yj2: That is how I became a Buddy 

lXhhJbF.gif

Thanks to KingofKpop for the sig and ASquirtle for the resizing :D 

Before I discovered Gfriend, I had stopped listening to K-pop completely for about two years (at the time I was into Bigbang, BoA, LeeSSang, Epik High and I was obsessed with Wonder Girls) Since I was transitioning from high school to university, I had to focus more on my studies and in the process, I gradually slipped out of the K-pop scene.

Fast forward to this year's summer of 2016, I began browsing dance related content on youtube, which is something I've always had a thing for and if I remember correctly, I somehow stumbled on one of those compilations of K-pop girl groups dancing to other groups songs. In that compilation I didn't know the majority of the groups since I had been away from the Kpop scene for some time, but there was one girl wearing a blue shirt who caught my eye in particular cuz out of everyone else, she was the most hyper and crazy af, and that was SinB.

I later found out that the group she's in is called Gfriend so I checked more of them out and watch their weekly idol segments and i'm so glad I did, because I was one of the most entertaining things I've ever watched. Before I wasn't usually into the innocent cute ish concepts since, as you could tell with my previous groups/artists I listened to quite a bit of hip-hop and R&B, but somehow Gfriend managed to pull me in. Their random play dances were one of the best I've ever seen, their songs were catchy af, their extreme dorkiness (their cover dances lmfao) and not to mention their innocent, yet eye-catching synchronized choreo was addicting to watch. From that point I was sold and it's because of Gfriend that I started reconnecting and listening to K-pop again :)

Edited by Rex

pqRPMwl.jpg

I can break this into three parts. BEFORE GFRIEND DEBUTED ---- WHEN GFRIEND DEBUTED ---- AFTER GFRIEND DEBUTED. 
NOTE* - This will explain a little bit about me and my personal thoughts/my opinions.

BEFORE: 
Before Gfriend debuted, I was first a hardcore ELF and then Sone and then with a little bit of BTS. I did a lot of exploring and evaluating new groups that would recently debut(C-clown, ZE:A, Speed, AOA, Berry Good, EXID, GLAM, A-Price, etc). - - - When Suju was on their separate breaks, I became more focused on SNSD and realized that I wanted a top girl group, just like I had a top boy group. I mainly fell for SNSD, when I watched their debut videos and their old videos of when they were babies. (The best part of kpop for me - was to see a group grow from babies to K-idols.)
As Kpop started to grow, evolve and change, I realized that I had a few of my own bias.

1.) I will never get into a group that has done a survival program.
(Bias filming, bias screen time, hate to see people work hard and lose, it gives me a american reality tv show- which I think is so stupid, it gives the group a better chance in success just because they appeared on a TV SHOW.-I mean what about the other groups that debut without the tv show- they likely went through the same shit but won't get recognized for it, and lastly, the money it takes for them to be popular is crazy - groups who don't have money and work just as hard or even harder won't ever be recognized)

2.) I won't ever get into a group who comes from a big company.
(They have such a good advantage, because of all the older kpop idols that build the bridge/connection for them and they a lot of annoying fans who has no respects for that or no respects for other fandoms- I avoid getting into groups like that now, but it doesn't mean I don't like the groups.) 

3.) I stan a group base on talents and personality before looks. 
(This is pretty straight forward. LOL - usually when I check out a new a group and their first impression is all about looks - I pull out my shield) 

4.) I won't ever stan a group that does sexy concepts - especially when I know they aren't even old enough.
(hate the thought of making women a sex item for fame- women and men aren't objects)

When: 
When Gfriend debuted, I was at the phase of becoming less of a SONE. Because I realized that I love SNSD when they were younger and when they were teenagers working hard, looking natural and being bright/happy. I really missed it and to me - it seemed like fame got to their heads and fans got too crazy. I began to really really miss the old SNSD and thats when allkpop had an article of debuting GFriend's. Then I saw teasers on their youtube channel and it didn't show their faces, mv teaser or voice teaser -->  like what other teasers of groups had. It showed Gfriend's group personality - their backs of dancing/chasing each other around/goofing and then I got hooked, I got curious. They were very pure and they reminded me of the younger brighter SNSD. When their faces were revealed (first greeting teaser) and they debuted (Glass bead), I was so happy because they really felt like the younger SNSD. (Just the aura of being young, bright and working hard.) And when people got all defense about them copying SNSD, I began to love GFriend even more - because I just knew deep down that these girls will make it big.

After:
After their debut, I would just check them out whenever there was news about them, because I liked them- but I didn't hardcore stan them. They were like BTS to me when BTS debut. *NOTE* - I begin to stan a group very hard when I witness that they work very very hard and they experience a lot of crap of hate. I'm pretty emotionally connected to my groups. HAHA ^^' --So when I witness that fancam of them falling, I realized that Gfriend is the group. I got pulled in even harder. I did go through a small phase of Gfriend -- Mamamoo -- back to Gfriend. ^^' *Just wanted to check where I stand and it made me realized that even MAMAMOO - a group that I liked a lot - was neck to neck with Gfriend. I ended up choosing GFriend as my number one girl group.* From there on, I wanted to share my love for Gfriend and I wanted to show the world Gfriend. And with my love to create videos, I created a Youtube channel and then met more beautiful buddies. ^^ 

Edited by Buddy~

*Entertaining Buddies and Spreading the Gfriend Love*

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Well to be honest at first I didn't really like K-pop at all, i didn't like their songs, their appearance, their posture and mostly everything about K-Pop i didn't like. My friend would always start the conversation with "Hey did you hear the latest song of (name of band) ?!?" and I would always keep quiet while listening to their conversation  that made like dislike K-pop very much until one day during sem-break, I was just casually watching TV then when I change the channel I saw their MV ( Rough )  I was really amazed by their choreography that persuaded me to search information about them and made me like them. i started to become a big fan when I read this FanFic about SinB and Yuju and my feelings started to burst out while reading the fanfiction.  I would ask myself why did I not know GFriend at all?.  Until now I am still finding that answer that question with the help of being a Buddy xD .  Why do I like GFriend? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...I have more then 100 reasons to like Gfriend and to stan them but i cant say all here so I can say is I like Gfriend because I love them. I love everything about them. their beauty, appearance, vocals, dances everything... just by looking and listening to them I go fangirling even in-front of my parents. I unconsciously smile infront of a lot of people that may appear to them that I am a crazy dude but they dont know that i am thinking about GFriend that makes me smile everyday..even in my bad days I still would get my phone and listen to their music that would calm me down. whenever I am facing a big problem I just would listen to their music and I can already know how to solve it. thats why I love GFriend. Buddy Fighting! :yj2:  :y1::e1::gfriend:

TBH.

i was looking at a vine and it had yuju's high note :-)

back then i was a mamamoo stan

so

ciao mamamoo hi gfriend

i used to stan for mamamoo back then,then i saw an episode of showtime and that's how i started to stan for GFriend

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L01 using GFSquad.com mobile app

Actually,i just like to listening kpop songs only and not gonna stan them even their songs was so good👍one day,i founded a new song it is rough..this song was so good and start finding another gfriend songs..im curious about gfriend members and start searching about them one by one and umji was the one have catch my eyes😍😍shes such a adorable girl😮😍everythings about her is too precious for me..her smiles tho,wow😲im falling in love with her just only looking at her smiles❤how can knetz says she is ugly are they have a eyes or not??after that i become a buddy and start protecting her and gfriend members from the haters😤this is my 1st time being a fan to idols/artists..😅😅

True love can't be explained

Spoiler

But I started liking them when gfriend glass bead came on my recommend on you tube 

Image result for gfriend sinb gif

resize output image

Honestly, since debut but i pick up what seems like 20 groups a year. i usually decide if i want to keep them after seeing their promotions on shows, and the Glass Bead promotions were actually really bad so I wasn't ready to love them. They improved a lot for MGT and that's when i considered myself a real fan(even if i like Glass Bead more as a song) and when Rough dropped I went crazy and Gfriend has been my #1 ever since.

As for why it really just comes down to the songs. Glass Bead had a sound I was missing from kpop and with each comeback they have continued the sound and built upon it. Of course now kpop is overrun with the purepop sound but gfriend were the ones who brought it back.

Honestly what i can remember i didnt look out on any girl group aside of t-ara kara snsd, then at some point i stopped and i was more into indie music like flumpool, dickpunks, peppertones, juniel, cn blue ,ft islands

But then one day, i listen gfriend rough on music core , then i love the song but i didnt search though anything about it, but later juniel was covered me gustas tu on sunny snsd fm , i really liked the cover
And one time when juniel sing the song at the backstage with her guitar, i really love her cover, and juniel also mentioned at the backstage she like gfriend song, she will rooting for their comwback

And then i wondered who is this yeojachingu that made juniel love their song so much, so i searched about them over and over, its a pity though i become their fans after they win 1st trophy with rough

Sent from my A1601 using GFSquad.com mobile app