Perseus

How, when and why did you start liking Gfriend ~Share my story~

183 posts in this topic

I don't remember how far back, but I wasn't really into k-pop. I accidently clicked on a youtube link of "Ailee - I'll show you". After that a friend sent me a link of "Me Gustas Tu". At first I thought that it wasn't very good and Eunha looked really weird to me (IDK why lol but she looked very weird). I didn't hear any gfriend song after that. Then, Rough was released. After I saw the clip I just fell in love with the song and heard all of their albums. Then I fell in love with Gfriend and started loving them. Not so far ago...

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

I found out about GFriend's pre debut through AKP Forum and I was like I'll give them a chance when they debut to see if they fit my criteria. As soon as Glass Bead MV came out I gave it a chance and after finishing watching it I was like this is perfect. Ever since that day I became a buddy. Up until GFriend debuted SNSD was my only and 1st Ultimate Bias Group since 2007 but they became my new #1 Ultimate Bias Group ever since that day.

I was watching Runningman, suddenly out of nowhere, Yerin appeared and stole my heart. LOL just kidding. I start to check her out after Kwangsoo mentions her group name a couple time during the show (I'm a big fan of Kwangsoo). I look at their profile and songs, but I didn't really like them much until their second song came out. That's when I became a hardcore Buddy. I watch almost everything relate to them. My sisters hate  me for watching them every time when I come home from school and work. I never like any Kpop groups, although I do like Shinee. I got a little upset that  Jonghyun says he likes Twice instead of Gfriend on an interview while Gfriend Yerin says she likes Shinee. :( Gfriend is the only girl group I like and Shinee the only boy group.

Edited by Gfriend World

Honestly since i watch them falling accident on youtube . I think it's november 2015 ( i didn't remember that day )

i'm so proud saw they fall more and more but they still up and continued they performance till end. I'm never see female group like Gfriend ! 

They really have ability and good concept. 

I have love at the first side with Gfriend , specially SinB. 😁 She's really look like Jessica Jung , so pretty and good on dancing. I love her personality . 

And i really like when SinB and Sowon fight like tom and jerry. It's so funny make me "Laughing Out Lout" when i saw them.

also i love other member too, i love yerin , eunha , yuju and umji too ❤️❤️❤️

I love Gfriend

Edited by SinWon

For me,it's even a wonder how I came to like GFriend tho~ To conclude it all,I think that I've started to like GFriend since I watched Glass Bead and attracted to Yuju's voice and their resemblance like SNSD during their debut era 😊

Buddies The Best

The powerful innocent concept of glass bead is getting my attention, so i start following them... and then they comeback with MGT make me feel "this is it".. yes then i became a "buddy(?)" ... why? u dont need a reason to love them coz... urineun! yeochinneul! Sa! Rang! Hae! Yo!

giphy.gif

It's kinda special.. It starts weird and continues to be weird :D 

Anyways, i watched a cringe compilation on youtube and one part was a girl, i think a weeaboo or something like that, and she was pretty cute and i was interested in what kind of videos she's doing. So i looked for her name in the comments, found it, looked her up and the first video i watched had background music. I never listened to kpop and wasn't interested in it at all but i knew that it exists. That song and her appearence somehow made me kinda curious about that genre. So i tried to look up the song but didn't find anything. After that i just looked up "kpop bands" on google and they showed like 20-30 bands. I then just wrote down a couple bands where i liked the first sight (like looks, names, history etc.). I had like 7-8 bands and then went to the google play store and listened to 2-3 songs of each band. I really liked the genre itself and liked 4 of the bands ( apink, aoa, sistar and gfriend). So i just made a spotify playlist for each and started to listen to sistar. I didn't want to support too many so i deleted aoa which i liked the least. At that point i really liked sistar and apink but started to listen to gfriend who already gave me a good feeling. For me they just had the best sound and after looking up their profiles and watching some videos of them... i just loved them. I may only know them for 2,5 weeks but i already spent 85€, they make me feel better and no day passed where i didn't watch a video or listened to a song of them. :x

And i actually believe that the song that made me curious about kpop, wasnt even a kpop song...

So i'd say my love for kpop and gfriend came outta nowhere and is as random as it can possibly get :DxD 

Edited by TheBazing

"Why is there toilet paper next to the computer?"        

- Sowon /Girafe <3

tumblr_inline_o3c7qsMMOb1sq9gow_500.giftumblr_inline_o3c7q2ldwS1sq9gow_500.gif

I was not into my kpop playlist, then suddenly I saw suggestion of Lovelyz Hi~ on Youtube. Autoplay was turned on, and Me Gustas Tu played after that.

At first, i didn't dig it. But I was seeking their discography, because (honestly) the visual concept was quite similar to Apink I Don't Know. (I do like Apink back when they still showing their first concept). Few days later, I watched Rough MV, and at that time, I knew I will love GFriend. Searching for their profiles, I fall in love to Eunha. But after watching the girls dancing to Rough speed up  dance in Weekly Idol, my eyes just stuck on SinB :$:D

im searching a funny kpop groups in weekly idol episode in youtube but the episode of gfriend with berry good caught my eye i remember when i thought that their name is berry good because of their jacket cause i thought that the heart shape in their jacket is a strawberry hahaha i search berry good instead of Gfriend in youtube after seeing the Glassbead MV i finally realize that gfriend is their group name :D so after seaching and knowing them i became their and it will last forever!

i only have 2 Fandom that is Swiftie and A buddy ...before im just a swiftie but gfriend called me to their fandom :D 

if i will be a fan i actually love the all song of who i idolize TS and Gfriend Made it

so that's my story how i become their fan 

P.S I'm a kpop hater before but gfriend change it 

I don't even know where to start .. actually i not really Kpop fan or know anything about Kpop . the first group i know is snsd and 2EI1,but i not totally into them.honestly for the first time i saw gfriend in youtube by accident and  i not really interested and don't even care about them . i don't know why, one video make me realize and inspire me a lot how hard working can change your life and until today i been inspired by their team work and hard work . The tremendous progress they made from debut until today, and how they effort to compete with the group from large company . Right know my only hope is to meet them in person and tell them how they inspire me. i hope i can get the opportunity to meet them.. FIGHTING BUDDY FIGHTING GFRIEND

firstly i remember seeing they debut photo teaser, but didnt give them attention after all.

but then yerin guess on RM, i got hooked on glass bead immediately and seeing how funny yerin there make me curious, but still didnt give them full attention, its just i like their glass bead song, and then they comeback with MGT, i check it, but well same like last time i like them but didnt get my full attention, then booommmm... kekekekekeke

when they appear with berry good on their first appearance in WI, i think thats when i give them full attention and begin my journey #eh

i mean i started find they related news and stuff(stuff/video/interview/song/cf) everything about them, well not all of them actually, just the one that i can catch up.

Gfriend really have some charm that make me all out about them, its the first time im following Girlgroup activity with so much effort, everyday im always check they related news & stuff. Gfriend really the first Girlgroup that im really like not matter what happen on them, all their song from season of glass, flower bud, snowflake  and LOL, im like them all! my wish for Gfriend is "Long Live GFriend" hope we can always together for a long time! thanks buddy!

im sorry if made a mistake/rude with this reply/word/chat \(>.<)/

Honestly, I'm just a passive listener of some kpop songs that sounds catchy to my ears whenever I hear them on TV or radio. I originally like western indie songs from bands like bad suns, foster the people, walla, etc. Anyway, last 2015 I was bored back then and decided to watch TV. By accident while browsing the channels, I end up at the channel M-Net and at that time M-Countdown is Live On Air. The performing group back then was Gfriend and they performed Me Gustas Tu. It left a big impression on me as I saw them perform. To be honest, I was allured by Eunha's majestic and royal like looks (She's my bias by the way). So, without knowing the group, the members and the song, I remembered the verse of the song with "Me Gustas Tu" and searched it on the internet. I watched the MV and it made fell inlove more and more to Eunha but now as I get to know them better (their dorky acts) I loved them as GFRIEND but still Eunha is still my bias because I had a huge crush on her. I started watching variety shows in which Gfriend is the guest and somehow got to know the light side of them. Well, I'm very happy to see that Eunha shined in this era and I hope Gfriend will become more successful as the time passes by. :) 

Edited by zac brunstud
failed upload of picture

3oz8xvxJS2XcDIux8s.gif3o7TKWfLBhL1LxucbC.gif

"I’ll fly away my heart with the wind,
                                               I’ll give my painful memories to the sky"

I first saw about them from a thread on another kpop forum and at the time I was interested in brand new rookie groups. When i saw their MV teaser for GlassBead I was so impressed just by the highkick lol. When the mv finally came out, I loved how hard they went in the choreo and loved how even though they were from a small company, everything seemed so professional like they came out of a big company. Also they debuted around a tough time in my life and their music gave me so much hope and energy. The lyrics to Glassbead were so pefect for me at the time.

I love GFRIEND so much <3

In Canada, there's a channel that plays mostly K-pop and J-pop but the channel's music is somewhat out of date, usually around 3 months (most recent song is Windy Day by Oh My Girl) and much older songs stay on the channel because they update infrequently. From this channel, I became a casual listener of K-pop.

Around mid-May 2016, I was obsessed with Erase by Hyolyn and Jooyoung so I decided to look it up on youtube and I realized that K-pop had a dance component to it so I decided to look up the next song on the channel that I liked. The next song was Glass Bead and I was completely blown away by the combination of the choreography and the song. The only song by GFriend on that channel is Glass Bead so naturally, I thought that was their only single. Then I discovered Me Gustas Tu and Rough and that made an instant fan.

jCwTQ3U.gif

Did you know, at first I preferred to listen to Glass Bead Instrumental version rather than the version with singing. But eventually I started to like the original. I think because I watched Glass Bead on music shows. So That's My Story.

Edited by KPCD

It's like January or something when i stumbled across a pann said that a new girl group member looks like Jessica Jung (yes it's SinB lol) 

At first I thought "She definitely doesn't look like Jessica what are these ppl talking about".  After that when I was looking for some new music, their MV Glass Bead is on my feed and I remember about the pann I have read, so my curiousity lead me to play their MV. As I watched the MV, the music, lyrics and the choreogrphy really blown me away. 

And then bang, I just started to become a fan of SinB since then, and then just become a Buddy :eunhaadore:

I think we all have some similarities xD almost all are not that into KPOP but hooked by GF's sound

Me too, (as jdorama and j-stuffs mania) I even a former k-haters and despise all from korea because they are too superficial, too mainstream and too overrated. But its about 3-4 years ago, after warmed up with Running Man, I was introduced to korean entertainment and now I can enjoy most k-stuffs ...

My journey to know and love GF:

1.yerin appearance in RM. From that I know glassbead (a chime in the start of the songs = 1st single of AKB, slight similarity with SNSD's ITNW) but doesnt really care back then. Just knowing that "well, there is a gband in korea who pursue those pure sound of traditional gband plus girlfriend/yodongsaeng image and not r n b/hip hop/ dubstep/trap sound or sexy image)

2.cameo of Me Gustas Tu opening sound in Youth over flower: africa by ssamundong brothers. this clip will makes you understand

3.watching gfriend x mmm showtime epi 1-2 by random/curiousity. Curiousity can kill; they said. xD

4.after seeing them in showtime epi 1-2 I decide to browse everything about them and then I see their performance in weekly idol, those legendary falling video etc

5.then I hear Rough, and I'm a buddy

:)

Edited by simply_yuju

I start liking gfriend when i first listen to their song me gustas tu during Melon Music Award. Honestly i'm watch that award due to another group. i want to see big bang and red velvet.in fact i don't know about them at all. just heard their name but never listen to their song. so funny, during that award I thought their performance and their choreography only be created during that time and never thought that actually it is their original choreography. After that award, i'm personally searched up about them and tried to listen to their song and also watch the fancam because i'm totally curious about them and me gustas tu already stuck in my head. so turned out i'm become a fan and also a buddy. Sowon is also my bias that make me want to stan them even she and me having the same age. My support for them strongly continue after they release new song rough. And that song totally my style and genre of music that  i like. 

On 7/8/2016 at 0:12 PM, Pedro said:

I knew what kpop was but I was never really interested it. Never really gave it a chance. Then Gfriend's falling video went viral and was all over reddit and other websites. I saw the video and felt so bad for them but even though I felt bad, I still enjoyed the song (my first language is Spanish, I thought it was so cute how they incorporated Spanish into their Korean song). I was interested in seeing what the actual choreography was supposed to look like (without falling) so I looked them up on youtube... Watched the Me Gustas Tu Music Video (Dancing Version) and just loved it. I couldn't stop watching/listening to the song. Then I found out Me Gustas Tu was actually from their second mini album (Flower Bud) and they had another album out. I was shocked because I had learned that they were still new to the scene, not even one year and they had 2 albums. I fell in love with Glass Bead and all the rest of the songs xD. The rest is history xD

Story of my life: with GFriend xD

2LrPYbH.gifCredit: KingOfKPop 

I became a buddy simply because Gfriend's songs just give you the Feels!! 

I became a Buddy after listening to the entire songs in their LOL album, then Snowflake, then Flower bud, then Season of Glass..It's very rare to find a Kpop album that the entire songs can all be a Title song..and that's what I like about Gfriend's songs..

Gfriend being beautiful, Talented, Funny, Kind Hearted is already Given. .but the thing that really draws me to Gfriend is their songs

For me they are not just idols..they are Artists..:sowonnice:

hx1Y2G2.jpg BIncDZ3.jpg

여자친구 FIGHTING!!!!!!!

I'm Into them because I got soooooo freaking bored of my school and game routines. So I started to watch some K-Drama and strangely I got sucked into this K-things again (I stan some boy group when I'm in junior high XD), and I start to watch some mv of other idols, weirdly it's was so refreshing that I want it more, so I asked some reccomendations from my girl friend and she reccomend Me gustas tu and it was good and I keep asking for moreeeeeee, and she kept reccomend GFriend and I started to watch them day by day and I fell in love :umjilove:and now they're my daily doze of blood sugar to give strength and energy LOL

04fe9c8ed1.jpg86d13cef7d.gif

I was originally a SONE since 2010, pretty much a loyal fun. I thought snsd's nation girl group title proved that theyre one of the best and almost impossible to replace.

And then i heard GFriend song Me Gustas Tu and I thought it was cute, thought they have potential to become successful. And then their 3rd mini album Snowflake was released. Their song Rough made me become a fan. Its such a beautiful song and so freaking addicting. The choreo and their vocals matches perfectly together. And then I immediately thought they could be the next snsd. And Im  not surprised that they have come this far. 

I was actually recruited by a good friend of mine. I was into Kpop when I was younger, but then lost touch with it over the years. My friend got really into it again, and started showing me Gfriend's songs and videos. At first I was skeptical, but then the songs just kept getting stuck in my head! I guess I unintentionally fell in love with them =). I caught myself humming their songs, or dancing to it whenever I heard them.

I guess they're just too good to not love. They've come so far already. Let's hope for many more successful years! 

1 minute ago, Shortiee said:

I was actually recruited by a good friend of mine. I was into Kpop when I was younger, but then lost touch with it over the years. My friend got really into it again, and started showing me Gfriend's songs and videos. At first I was skeptical, but then the songs just kept getting stuck in my head! I guess I unintentionally fell in love with them =). I caught myself humming their songs, or dancing to it whenever I heard them.

I guess they're just too good to not love. They've come so far already. Let's hope for many more successful years! 

Bless your friend for introducing you to GFriend!

HERE I GO, I WANNA GO

nerdysinbart sig.jpg

cr: nerdysinb

This story kinda spans a couple months. So I only recently got into kpop (like the end of May) and my first group was EXID. I really was only exposed to them and didn't listen to many other groups. That was until I saw a certain video while browsing a website. It was titled something like "Yerin cute moments". I remember one of the parts was her trying to feed the camera an orange. I literally couldn't handle the cuteness entering my body so I had to research.I found that their name was GFriend so I searched them up on youtube and I listened to 2 of their songs. Me gustas tu and Rough. I loved both of them. But at that time I was such a hardcore EXID fan that I guess I just added the two songs to my playlist and that was kinda the end of it. I was always aware of GFriend but never went to in depth with their albums/personalities. I knew the members names but that was about it. I was watching Running Man with Hani on it and noticed Yerin was on it. She ended up capturing my heart even more than the first time I saw her. But even still I was blinded by my love for EXID to go more into the fandom. It wasn't until their most recent comeback that I went a little deeper. I noticed they were coming back so I prepared myself and supported them whenever I could for their comeback. I also listened to their entire album and loved it. I watched a couple episodes of their Showtime series (not finished yet with it) and recently purchased all of their albums (also getting a signed LOL album!!!). Yerin is my bias but I love every member and its hard to even have a bias in this group. I have recently fell down the GFriend rabbit hole hoping never to come out! I will be loyal to them for as long as they are around. I also will be very active on this website so hope to see you guys around a lot!

tumblr_o2lb0toCzE1qi30g8o1_400.gif

jVjP2ij.gifBiY6UKO.gif

Yerin X Gfriend