Perseus

How, when and why did you start liking Gfriend ~Share my story~

183 posts in this topic

I'm a fan since Glass bead. I known Gfriend from running man.From the episode that Yerin was on and i totallylove the glass bead, so i check their video in

youtube and i very liked it especially the dance practice video.After that i totally fall in love with Gfriend

I know Gfriend since they released Glass Bead aka the best debut song ever.  I watched the dance practise and i cant even with their powerful choreo 👏 and yerin also snatched me bald with her funny scene on RM 😂 (she is my first bias btw) 🙆 But its hard at first bcs i dont see any buddies on my twitter and lack of information. But now i already found a lot of buddies and i feel so happy 😿I  hope there will be more and more fans after this 💕 This site also very helpful for me to meet new buddies (thankyou gfsquad!!) My mom also love Gfriend so muc! She can't stop listening to MGT and Rough ㅋㅋ But sometimes i'm annoyed bcs she keep singing the same part 😂 LOL bye 😂

i didnt know anything about kpop before. i only knew sandara park for she was from d phillipines and nobody for that song was really popular back then. i was judgemental wd kpop music in general but i was soooooo into running man last year so yeah i saw their performance during 7 vs 300 ep( saw yerin's guesting prior and probably laughed at her too) and my younger sister who visited me that time was blabbing about thrm as to how thy are the queens of synchronization and all that. i didnt like them at first for i really dont like pabebe girls (cutesy). but my sister was mad at me when i didnt show interest because it's kpop. so i let her play glass bead choreo and me gustas tu. i still wasnt interested. hahahaha. but when she showed me their performance where yuju fell multiple times my heart fell as well. so that's when i started researching about them and watching videos and all that. i was a buddy around feb ds year and ds is d first time ill be witnesding a comeback wd all these teasers so yeah. im excited. hahaha

I first noticed gfriend during debut era with all the Jessica comparison and I used to call sinb, Jessica at the time. I had fun watching their stages along with lovelies because they were polar opposite with styling. I watched their  mvs then slowly fall for their school concept as its centered on friendship, kinda reminds me of all the Japanese manga/anime I adore. Since I have never stanned  a group before. I keep up with them from time to time but only casually. Until recently I watched all their variety shows, performances and radio show that I decided to follow them hardcore.

jlNYZ3mb.jpgayBKAvwb.jpg

GFRIEND: the butterflies of the stars...

There's this one time that I searched for newly debut groups way back in January 2015. Most of the groups didn't really captured my interest except for Gfriend. I started stanning them after a few days 'Glass Bead' MV was released. I instantly fell in love with them. The song and choreo is just so perfect! SinB was my first bias but it changed to Eunha afterwards. I loved them mainly because of their personalities and ofc their talents. They are really sweet. I don't really know why some hate them. But nevertheless, I'll support them no matter what. And there, I'm still a buddy until now.

I'm a fan since i watched the Glass Bead May-June 2015. After that I follow some buddy. Then when I watched One Fine Day,they really are crazy. I became a full pledge BUDDY after that. :):)♥♥♥

idk really, i never thought about it... it just remember i ended up marathoner loads of their variety shows. After which i thought, "well i guess i'm stanning this group!". haha

I feel like, for me, when it comes to idol groups YES the music is very important, but equally important for me is having a connection with the group... not in a weird way. Just like, idk when i watch them interact and perform it just makes me want to support them!

15 hours ago, eunbi said:

I saw some knetz making fun of them so I wanted to give them a try but mostly because I only stan talent

ouch. Talent wins everything :>>>>

200.gif

I'm a fan when i watch them on weekly idol.. I love their craziness and rough 2x speed.. I'm always be late when i stan a group😂😂😂

Let me try this one. I've been hearing GFriend's name alot around 2015-ish because of so many articles saying that one of their members look like Jessica and their song sounds like ITNW of GG. I've stopped becoming a kpop fan around 2012-ish because of the sexy concept trend that I'm not really a fan of but a fan since 2008. 

So come 2016 and I found myself watching a random reaction video about Rough. Damnnnn the song was so good! Reminded me of the melodies of 2008 era kpop. Heard MGT and it was great too! Until when I heard Glass Bead that I knew that I will love and and support this group. The feeling I felt when I heard ITNW on 2008, I felt it again...  So nostalgic and I felt again the happiness of being a Sone, the feeling of being a kpop fan. And since then I promised myself that I will support this group no matter what. 

Edited by Eric

GFriend will be my last girl group...

NEW SIG2.gif

I wasn't really a fan of them on their debut, on the Glass Bead era, I just checked their debut mv just for the reason that I wanted to see the girl who they said looks like Jessica, but after watching it, I found the music catchy, I get hooked on the music plus they were so pretty and innocent yet the choreo was powerful, so in sync and not the typical cutesy moves. But I wasn't really a fan at that time. A months passed by, I heard that they had comeback with Me Gustas Tu and I checked it but damn, more catchy and the choreo was more amazing so there I started to stan them. I started to watch them on their shows, random clips on youtube, etc. When they had their second comeback with Rough, there I realized I'm a GFriend Trash ❤ 

I haven't been this too addicted on a group, specially on a 'girl' group until GFriend debuted. 👭👭👭

if you'll ask me why I fell inlove with this girl, well here's the answer...

giphy.gif

I really like watching dance practice videos and I randomly came across "Me gustas tu". After first five seconds I already knew these girls are something else. So many catchy moves, sharp and fast, not like other girlgroups, and the music itself was good! Also, Yuju really caught my eye. Then I watched "Glass bead" dance practice and was again blown away. I learned their names and watched some of their shows, but I was just a casual fan until "Rough" came out. Then I totally fell in love. Combo of great song + great dance + new content + looking at them getting awards and recognition and feeling so proud of them ^_^

When I saw the Me Gustas Tu Choreography MV in AKP.. then I show it to my friend who is a die-hard Sone and she showed to her sister who is a die-hard Sone as well and the rest are history and we all became Buddies.. and still a Blackjack.. 

i became a buddy since their debut era. i seen a lot of plagiarism articles about them, so i checked Glass Bead. at first listen i dont think it sound alike to ITNW (up until now). somehow i got interested w/ the girls so i watched that prdebut show of theirs and i kinda fell in love with their charms. i even resurrected my twitter account to know them more (but seventeen happened and Jun existed so it's 90% Jun 10% Gfriend) and made an account in OH. even there's a lot of rookie ggs nowadays i cant just get into them, and i dont know why. i just love Gfriend too much. and i must say, thanks for the mediaplay i get to know the existence of GFRIEND!

Tbh i noticed gfriend because of the Jessica x Sinb comparison before they even debuted. It was like news everywhere, and when i saw it i coudn't deny sinb looked like jessica, especially at certain angles. Then when they had their debut stage i kinda listened to Glass Bead, and hey it wasn't a bad song but i told myself i wasn't gonna stan them. Guess what, i went on watching all their glass bead stages and the song kinda grew on me, i guess i became a fan of them since then.

SinB is a sly pepe that's why i love her

t5m6ts.gif2cy3dcm.gif

I heard their debut song Glass Beads when they had first debuted and I just fell in love with the group.

:PWell its a long story tbh but i will short it agaga. Not gonna lie, I'm not their fan since day 1, but I've been into them since glass bead era, idk if they still promo that time but i found Yerin on running man. She was my first bias after she appeared on running man. But time goes by, SinB suddenly took her position, what can i do right i love weird ppl like SinB so.... 9_9  It almost a year since i bcame a kpopper & proud to say that Gfriend is my first ever fav group in Kpop!  im not that familiar with those hates from another fandoms that time till i decided to make acc for gfriend on Dec but I've been fangirl over them on my personal acc that's why I'm not fighting with anyone on MAMA day :/ so that's it. Lmao so awkward. I'm done me gustas tu gustas tu sut tru johaeyo 여자친구 💕

26BRCb00joiEaPqJG.gif3o72FaodJE8RcLHdPq.gif

Well for me it's a bit complicated. Initially I was a light Kpop fan and liked songs here and there. Then I heard many people talking about Twice a lot in the end of year 2015. So I watched their variety shows including weekly idol where Twice, Lovely, and Gfriend guested together. Then I fell for Gfriend's charm instead of Twice there lol. I did lots of research and watched many GFriend videos after that and finally became hardcore buddy :) 

For me sinb attract me first when I saw  an article talk about her being resemble to Jessica. After that I dig more about them through Facebook.  Then I discovered yuju vocal training video and fall even more because of yuju. I become casual fan. After me gusta tu my fangirling level increases and early this year I've become hardcore buddy. I CAN'T GET ENOUGH of Gfriend these days. 😄😆💜

Honestly I was new for being Stan Gfriend.but I knew them in the end of 2014 when many of sones on twitter talked about Gfriend,especially sinb as when they said Jessica will re-debut on rookie girlgroup.Idc anymore about gfriend back then and I didn't noticed that they was officially debut. Until I saw video of yuju singing stand up for love.Her voice really amazed me.Then i started spazzing gfriend on internet and saw their group picture. I really like their face tbh,like how can all of them have an angelic look.I wondering who is the visual and I think is eunha.her aura are sooo strong😊 ,firstly i think yerin is the lead vocal tho. i started stanning Gfriend by watching their videos on youtube.But when those famous fancam came out,that time I truly felt that I Stan the right group,I like their song,their sweet friendship, but I like their hardwork more. And here I am becoming truly buddies.I keep loving our Gfriend from time to time..Let's keep supporting our precious Kweens buddy😁

P.s : I reallyy like this fandom tbh,you're all friendly and funny person bruh

Edited by mint

I can't actually really remember how I get into these girls. I think  I just really fell for them in their "One Fine Day" They were so honest and they really worked hard. They were the definition of bravery. They made me laugh a lot too and I think that with that, no one could resist to them. I just really fell for them and I will never regret because now I feel like buddies and gfriend are a family.  💙 

I saw their glass bead dance practice video and i loved the piano move. And i liked their careogrphy so much. So i became a buddy 😄

honestly??? lol don't be mad at me xD 

I discover them Me Gustas Tu era and the song stuck in my head for weeks and then I proceed to watch there live shows then I noticed SinB (jessica lookalike) and thats the time I decide to stan the group to see if SinB's attitude is similar to Jess too (lol sorry for the reason xD) I watch some videos of them being dorks and I instantly fell in love with all them.

BUT NOW IM STILL CONFUSE WHO IS MY BIAS... I KEEP SAYING SINB BUT ALL OF THEM IS  KICKING SINB OUT.... SINB IS STILL NOT SAFE!

I knew about the group before they debuted because I followed Orange Caramel fanpage and there were picture of the trio with GF (that was when they shot the pre-debut videos). Later I saw many article about them on the Internet so I was curious. Then finally they released the MV of Glass Bead. I didn't like the MV because of the filter effect (I hate it, even in Me Gustas Tu MV) but I liked the song and I found Yerin was very cute. When she appeared in RM I watched that episode and decided to keep an eye on her. Besides, I really liked this photo of Sowon in that era

Spoiler

Sowon.jpg

Sooooo freakin' prettyyyyyy :x

And then when they came back with Me Gustas Tu I totally fell for them, all of them!!!

I was given a bunch of K-pop songs to listen to by a friend - Me Gustas Tu was one of them but when I saw their cover of S Club 7's Bring It All Back in the related videos but I spazzed out. Couldn't believe it was real that anyone in k-pop would know such a song - that song was my jam when I was a kid.

Edited by godyuju