Perseus

How, when and why did you start liking Gfriend ~Share my story~

183 posts in this topic

How did you become a buddy? Share your story!

Why did you start staning Gfriend?

When I first saw their teaser image way back in November 2014, me and my sister made fun of their name Griend and thought that 'damn, another group that will surely friendzone their fans with their potential fandom name', but the image of their backs left a mark on me. It felt bright even if I can't see their faces. It made me anticipate and I was actually hoping that they do release a song that would catch my heart.

Months later, they released their faces, and I fell in love with Eunha. She just has this elegant feel to her beauty. She's looked like she can as a 90's girl group visual member. The group as a whole made me feel the old kpop. I hoped for more. They released their song, and I totally fell in. I start stanning then. They have this black hole charms, it's like, once you get in, you can never go out. They just keep releasing charms after charms. Now I can't go out. I used to be a multi-fandom fan that doesn't focus on a single fandom. I used to equally stan every group I stan. Now, it's like I spend most of my time (90% of it) plainly stanning Gfriend.

GXl8XF.gif   vHCBca.gif

HAPPY 3 YEARS WITH GFRIEND!!!

Me? Because they flopped hard. Yeah.....

rr04dtF.jpgafj8s6G.jpg
yqku7a4.jpgU2405kT.jpg

truthfully?

well, i was looking forward to stanning another group back then but got incredibly disappointed by their debut (the song becoming my bop a year after smh). i was looking at similar groups and gfriend's article in allkpop caught my eye. i visited their onehallyu thread and liked them a lot but really got into them after the intw-feels watching their Glass Bead teaser. aaaand the rest is history.

tumblr_o6j0wujRDR1v8sc8fo1_250.giftumblr_o6j0wujRDR1v8sc8fo4_250.gif

If you asked "Why", then i can't answer it. I don't know why i love them. And it just proves that i really really love them, to the point i don't even know why.

But if you ask "How", then here it is...

It all started from a famous fancam of them (which i'm sure y'all know it). when the first time i watched it, i was like "WTF??! why are these girls keep falling?" and laughed bcs i thought it was so hilarious. But after i saw another fancam (yuju-focused), i suddenly felt really sad (and guilty) bcs i could clearly see she was abt to cry and i idek why i found her really really beautiful in that fancam. maybe it sounds like i'm exaggerating, but really, i fell in love with her bcs of that fancam. after that, i found myself was humming to Me Gustas Tu like almost everyday. i was trying to deny that i'm addicted to the song, but in the end, i gave up. :rlytearpls: i downloaded it, and i found their previous title track, Glass Bead, and surprisingly, i love it.

After fell in love with their music, i tried to know their personality. i searched for their videos on youtube, and i found some with eng sub. It was on gfriendunited channel. I watched them one by one, and i really really love their personalities. it's different from what i expected, like i thought they are full of aegyo, shy, like the girly type, but it turned out I was wrong...  :rlytearpls: but that made me love them even more, bcs if they are really the girly type, maybe i won't like them. And since then, i decided to stanning them. Joined onehallyu, made a twitter account, joined GFSquad Subs, and now being a part of GFSquad. I'm completely a Gfriend Trash, and i love it  :rlytearpls: 

c.PNG

Honestly, it's all started when they have their MGT comeback end of July 2015 when they have the same promotion period with SNSD. It just happened that I watched them performed MGT on Mcountdown for their first comeback at that time. I can still remember clearly, how these girls amazingly did the vaulting choreo then straight away singing live!! Plus with Yuju's high notes...:x It surprised me so much!! Since then I fall in love with them at first sight. As time passed by I'm interested to follow their whereabouts until I one day I commented on one of the GFSS video that I wish I could help them but I couldn't understand single Hangul. So, Ben reached out to me and I happened to join GFSS as a timer. As I joined in the team, I  really get hooked on them. So addicted~~ How couldn't love these girls. Haha..and now being part of GFSQUAD makes me so honoured to be part of the team. We're one as family, let's work hard and stay strong together for GFRIEND and ourselves too. Let's stay together for a very long time~~

YUJU.gif

SR_STAGE_170930_ALL_03(4.8MB).gif

Let me copy and paste my story from "Why did you stan Gfriend?" Hahahaha..just kidding~

Hmm..how? I think it's because of my first true love..haha

when? the first comeback at mcountdown end July 2015

Why? Let see, honestly because of their choreo

YUJU.gif

SR_STAGE_170930_ALL_03(4.8MB).gif

I became their fan October 31st 2014...i saw their teasers and fell in love with them<3 since then I've followed them all along the way!!

rUfMuFW.pngsowonnie-s_zpsmw8tfy3j.png&key=9c70ae46f

♡ rest in peace ♡

I was on allkpop and there was an article about Gfriend copying snsd and only the teaser was out. I don't think they were similar at all even when the full video came out. Since I'm also a fan of Berry good, I watched their weekly idol with Gfriend and that's when I started to fall in love with the girls.

5ibEtdd.gifH027EVu.gif

I read about them pre-debut on AKP and became interested. I really liked Glass Bead. Between their first and second comeback, I was wondering who I'd love more: GFRIEND or CLC, whose debut was around the same time. GFRIEND ultimate won my heart because I am weak for those nostalgic beats. Rough is still my beat after six months!

I was never a big fan of girl groups. And after the whole EXO fiasco I was literally going to quit kpop all together. But then I heard of them debuting and decided to watch their music video too. I was blown away :o These girls were cute but danced their butts off and the song was catchy too. In all my years of being a kpop fan (started at 16, now 23) I never became a fan of girl groups and GFriend sold me. No matter how many people were negative it never stopped my girls from reaching the top and it never stopped my love for them. <3

I don't even know when exactly i fell for them. They are the first girl group that i fell in love. Mostly I stan boygroups and just listen to girlgroup songs. At first, I heard that there was new girlgroup just debuted and many people were talking about how their song similar to snsd. And I didn't liked them at first because of that. But then i watched their mv and i really liked their song and choreography. I even watched all their live stages but nothing more than that. I thought they were cute just like other girl groups. Then, time passed by. They released MGT and I didn't like the song. But there was something that made me watch all their live stages:D Even though I didn't like MGT, I couldn't stop watching their stages. I think it's because they were so cute, energetic and fresh. They were so charming. Then, I wanted to know more about them by watching their variety shows. After i watched their shows, I stan them so hard. I don't usually like girly girls but there is something in them that make me adore. They are so unique. They are not the type of girls that are like  girly angels something like that. I feel like they are my sisters,friends and even daughters lol😂. Even though I'm young and don't have daughter yet hahaha. But I really adore them like they are my kids. They really have that girl next doors image which I really love. I also love their sweet and powerful vocals. Their vocal colors are so sweet and nice to hear. When I'm in a bad mood, i always listen to their songs. Because their songs make me happy. They also dance like a boygroup. They are so cute,funny, pretty, cool, fresh and energetic.

They are not only the first girl group I stan but also the first group from small company i decided to stan. I feel so happy that i found them. The fact that they are from small company and come this far makes me so proud. I will keep supporting them and I feel so warm and happy to be a part of Budddies!! Let's support our girls togetherxD:D

only one sentence to describe my feels about them I LOVE THEM :x

I first started listening back at glass bead era but I only started staning them (and kpop in general) at me gustas tu era. I think what draws me to them is their simple innocent concept as it is something different from western pop that it's so nice!! Their songs are extremely catchy and they are so pretty so there's no way to not fall for them. It gets harder when you get to know them, I think watching them makes you feel like you're hanging out with them and having fun and laughing and stuff and it's just really nice!!! I love their extra-ness and cuteness and I hope to be with them for a long time :D

19Umzhe.gif

I promise you with the twinkling stars and the sky
I’ll be your BUDDY💕 @tinkeryerin

i used to be a fan of GLAM which was GFriend's sunbae from SouMu. and when they disbanded in late 2014 (around October), someone in the GLAMorousGirlz forum posted about predebut-GFriend, so i started following them on instagram without any interest but as time went by i found Sowon and SinB gorgeous. and blahblahblah Glass Bead hooked me, and i decided to stan them after watching their debut stage.

the reason why i stan them until now is because their music, it has the 90's vibe. it was their choreography that really hooked me, at first, i thought they would dance in cutesy moves but...it was surprising, they served powerful dance plus they are always in sync.

i wish to be their Buddy for a long time! =)

Edited by ohmy__1004
i...forgive me senpai

"떨리는 그대 손을 꽉 잡아줄게요, 따스히 감싸줄게요"

i used to be a fan of GLAM which was GFriend's sunbae from SouMu. and when they disbanded in late 2014 (around October), someone in the GLAMorousGirlz forum posted about predebut-GFriend, so i started following them on instagram without any interest but as time went by i found Sowon and SinB gorgeous. and blahblahblah Glass Bead hooked me, and i decided to stan them after watching their debut stage.

the reason why i stan them until now is because their music, it has the 90's vibe. it was their choreography that really hooked me, at first, i thought they would dance in cutesy moves but...it was surprising, they served powerful dance plus they are always in sync.

i wish to be their Buddy for a long time! =)

"떨리는 그대 손을 꽉 잡아줄게요, 따스히 감싸줄게요"

To be very honest, i wasn't their fan at first. I mean i came across to one of their pre debut article and saw their photos and thought "wow, another GG(my bias group at that time) wannabe!". I saw Sinb, and keep hating her because how she remind me so much of Jessica. Then come out the iconic legendary bop that save the kpop world, Glass Bead. I'm blown out. I found myself crying in the corner of my room because the song remind my why i even start listening to kpop at first . Why i start listening to alien language song that i totally can't understand. Why i start to jump to this kpop stanning bandwagon. That classic melody, feeling, really snatched me real hard. Then i listen to White. Oh my holy god. I swear i was dead by the time the song finished. I was blaming myself for hating, judging the girls for no reason. To make it simple, i totally become their fan after that. Glass Bead and White and Sinb as well were the reason why i become their fan. But Gfriend as a whole make me their hardcore fan. I mean eventhough i am Sinb slave, Umji, Sowon, Yerin, Eunha, Yuju, all of them make me wander sometimes. All of them are tottaly bias wrecker. And i have to admit that now i'm tottaly have fallen deep to their zone. Buddyzone. Friendzone. LOL. 

Edited by sinbslave

MH2jQp2.jpg

"You don't choose your bias. Your bias chooses you."

Saw their teaser photo for Glass Bead in allkpop and my thought was "Another girl group again" and when the individual teaser photo came out, SinB was getting notice because she looks like Jessica, i decided to listen to them once because i miss Jessica (LOL). So when the MV released my first thought was "Wow it sound like Into the new world" which was ok to me because I really like the song they really reminds me of SNSD. As a SONE i really like the song and it keeps playing in my head and from that day I became a Buddy. And they are really funny variety show that's why I like them more

I Edited this Signature 

untitled_1_by_rontaku-da8ghl3.jpg  untitled_4_by_rontaku-da8gr9m.jpg

i started following them literally just as they came back with Rough

and basically it all started out with me liking a different group (not gonna say who) but I lost interest and was looking for a new group to stan. I was also experimenting with v app (I wanted to see how many points I could get if I watched a vlive) so I was looking through the schedule and saw gfriend's showcase scheduled for the next day. So I woke up early to watch it (even though I wasn't a fan yet) and somehow I ended up watching the whole thing. Then I started watching their past lives and then moved on to youtube videos. And before I knew it, I became a buddy :D

tumblr_o8a8egsKE61vnacm5o3_r1_250.gif

For me I knew Gfriend when I saw Yerin on Running Man, she was really funny and charming:D at there but I didn't interest yet-_- to stan them, then I saw articles about their falling stage fancam and so on but again I didn't interest yet on them. Then I just downloaded Glass Bead to add my music playlist at first I still didn't interest on their song but oneday I listened again their song and I liked it:x so I looked for their other songs and it was MGT, I really like it too. Then I curious about them so I started to looked for their profile and many more about them until I've been start to watch many videos about them and really fall in love with their personalities and their synchronised dance. Gfriend is the first and only one girlgroup I stan until now.

Edited by Yuju_Ara
To fix my grammar

Last year I noticed everyone hating a certian new girl group (which was gfriend) and I didn't know why so I checked them out, Ever since then I started to stan because I liked glass bead.

Everyone called them walmart SNSD but I just didn't see it and I never heard the similarities in their titles either because I didn't listen to SNSD prior to stanning them.

I saw some knetz making fun of them so I wanted to give them a try but mostly because I only stan talent

gYLj9D.gif

Guess I'll also join this thread.
I wasn't into K-Pop at first, but I played some of K-Pop songs in some online games in my local internet cafe. My friend in my internet cafe was keep watching Running Man every week. Then because of my curiousity, I watch it too and after a few episode, I found Yerin to be the guest. When Glass Bead is played, I was like "Ooh, it's not bad,". (Didn't even know about the similarities with ITNW, cause I knew almost nothing about Kpop songs). Then Me Gustas Tu was released, I watched their choreo, their dance practice, and as time goes by, somehow I've trapped into OneHallyu's GFriend's thread in the middle of Rough's heyday. Few months later, I'm here xD

rr04dtF.jpgafj8s6G.jpg
yqku7a4.jpgU2405kT.jpg

I have birthday on January 10th, just 5 minutes before my birthday party I saw article about them and they teasers had that old kpop feeling. I'm Sone and teaser to Glass Bead reminded me of SNSD so much but when other people were bashing them I was wondering why I was happy that my favourite kpop group can be inspiration. Since Glass Bead I fell in love I wanted to people in my country be updated with informations about them I wanted to help them gain recognition and then I opened fanpage GFriend Poland at 18th January and I'm still working on it. Although now I have a lot to do and I'm not active I still want to be updated with our girls activities. I just can't stop! 

idk tbh, i first just saw some of their performances and rolled my eyes thinking "here we go another cute concept, they look so fake" at the time i rly wasnt into cute concept at all. 

for the most part what got me hooked was their variety show appearances, the first one i watched was yerin on running man, and as a result she was my original bias!

then i started digging deeper and started loving their music and then as i got to know the other members charms my bias changed everyday, so now i just love them all! 

and the rest is history...

i have to say that the Buddy fandom as a community had a massively positive impact on me as a Gfriend stan when i was first getting into them, you guys are all so friendly no matter what, and funny and kind!