Anonymous Buddy

other
Hello Buddies

16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello Buddies! It's me, Anonymous Buddy, or as anyone who knew me here on the site calls me, Mel! I don't really know what to say, so please forgive me if I said anything wrong or hurtful, message me if that's the case. 

I made my account on this site last 2017. This site is actually the gate for me to know more about Gfriend! I knew more about their discography, their mvs, some facts, the awards they won, the shows they attended, their own shows, hell this site even introduced me to stan twt lmao. Most importantly of all, I met and made friends with some of the buddies/buddys here. It's so much fun! 

I remember the days when I'm always excited going home to visit this site to chitchat with buddies/buddys on babble. I was also excited to beat the mods on the number game (I forgot what it's called sorry). Oh and also that skip counting by 2? 3? Well, whatever is that, although it's purpose is just to count, I would always look at how much we've reached there lmao. Idk, it's so entertaining for me. Ahhh and also the first letter game, although I only participated there once, I always read what the buddies/buddys there are asking and answering and some of it kinda enlighten me, I guess?? Idk. (Also, Sorry if I mixed up the games, I really forgot what their name is). 

And of course, the cream of the top of the games here (in my opinion), is the werewolf game. This site actually introduced me to the game! I never knew such game existed until that time when they had their first? Second? Werewolf game here. Dangg was that so much fun! Everyday I'm always waiting what the wolves did, was my choice right, who the wolves are, who to trust, and who to vote (also shout out to that guy I "hated" at that time being partnered with me by the couple lmao, we still managed to win it I think?? HAHAHAHA, gotta check my inbox to see who you are). Idk how often the werewolf game is here, but it's so often back then that I'm always excited for the next one to come! 

There was also a little family that formed here! I'm part of the family of Goodbye275 and Rex (idk how to tag them sorry). I forgot who the others were, if you know, just add it here on the thread! 

Since the last werewolf game here, I haven't been acrive coz lots of things happened irl and also school sucks. I still visit this site, not that often as before, and as time passes by, I kinda completely left this site. 

But sometimes,  even after I "left" the site, I still think how this site is doing, is it active, is there an ongoing werewolf game, how about the new buddies/buddys here, are they also cool? The babble squad, how are they doing? Are there many people there now that I don't know of? Cliché, but yes, I really think of that sometimes.

Now, jump to present, I really missed what's on here, so I visited it today coz there's a lot of free time now caused by the ----. The last post was on July 28, today is August 12. How far apart was that? 15 days?? That was absurdly long for a latest post! And also, the babble is gone, what happened there?? I searched babble here, and turns out that there might be a site migrate that happened. Why? 

What happened here? Why is this site a dungeon now? :( Where is the activeness of the buddies/buddys here now? Also the site theme hasn't been updated for quite a while now. :(

If this sounded emotional or childish, I'm sorry. I'm just really sad at what happened in this site now. :( Any buddies/buddys here?? 

Edit: The guy I "hated" was Yujunie. Lmao shout out to you wherever you are now ~~

Edited by Anonymous Buddy

Hello??? Anyone there?? :((((

Hello buddies???? I hope y'all still there :((((

Anyways, please continue voting for Yuju on fanplus

Hello buddies!!! I hope y'all still there :(((

https://youtu.be/JqWPU6HsjmE please srream this buddies!! It's for Gfriend's international exposure!! 

Lets go uddiez!!! 

Hello buddies! I hope y'all stil there :((((

Btw, CONGRATULATIONS! WE FINALLY REACHED 3M ON YUJU AD IN FANPLUS! YAY! :BeastToss-02:

I've noticed the site becoming dead as well, i don't really see anyone coming here anymore, I myself only visit once in awhile now and it's quite sad because the site banner is still Fever era (~1 year ago), idk if it's just because everyone has moved on or just busy with irl, but i wish everyone good luck with whatever they're doing.

SinB is a sly pepe that's why i love her

t5m6ts.gif2cy3dcm.gif

OMG PEACHESSSS YOU'RE HERE! 

And that's the sad thing, the site didn't survive and wasn't passed on the new members. It's already a given fact that some members will move on and will be busy irl so they won't have time to be here as often as before, it saddens me but what can I do? People come and people go. 

But the thing that really saddens me is the fact that the energy of the site back then wasn't passed on to the new members to keep the site alive. I wanna see the games, the babble, everything here but with the new members playing and enjoying them. I wanna see this site glow up and be active as before but with new names and faces. It's better if some of the og's could be still be here. I really waited for that day where I'll chitchat and play with the new ones, but yeah that day never came :(((

I hope you're also doing well irl as well as the others who have been here on the glory days of this site. Sorry if this post is a little too confusing hehe. 

Hi, frequent lurker on the site for a few years now, but only made an account a while back! Maybe if more people like me start posting, we can revive the forum :o

1 hour ago, srls said:

Hi, frequent lurker on the site for a few years now, but only made an account a while back! Maybe if more people like me start posting, we can revive the forum :o

Wow your account is pretty new! Welcome to GFSquad!

Hmmm maybe, let's try, there's nothing wrong in trying, right??? 

LET'S START NOW BUDDY! 

6 hours ago, Anonymous Buddy said:

OMG PEACHESSSS YOU'RE HERE! 

And that's the sad thing, the site didn't survive and wasn't passed on the new members. It's already a given fact that some members will move on and will be busy irl so they won't have time to be here as often as before, it saddens me but what can I do? People come and people go. 

But the thing that really saddens me is the fact that the energy of the site back then wasn't passed on to the new members to keep the site alive. I wanna see the games, the babble, everything here but with the new members playing and enjoying them. I wanna see this site glow up and be active as before but with new names and faces. It's better if some of the og's could be still be here. I really waited for that day where I'll chitchat and play with the new ones, but yeah that day never came :(((

I hope you're also doing well irl as well as the others who have been here on the glory days of this site. Sorry if this post is a little too confusing hehe. 

Hi Anon Buddy long time no see, I agree that the site didn't survive because it wasn't passed on to the newer members, I also think other factors like babble being removed and many of the staff becoming busy irl and not updating much anymore caused people to become bored and not come here to visit as often. Maintaining the forums for a long time is hard because it needs 2 hands to clap (staff + members need to have interest in the first place), maybe some people find it a hassle to visit forums since they can get info easily elsewhere (look at gfsquad twitter it's still very alive). 

SinB is a sly pepe that's why i love her

t5m6ts.gif2cy3dcm.gif

6 hours ago, 23peaches said:

Hi Anon Buddy long time no see, I agree that the site didn't survive because it wasn't passed on to the newer members, I also think other factors like babble being removed and many of the staff becoming busy irl and not updating much anymore caused people to become bored and not come here to visit as often. Maintaining the forums for a long time is hard because it needs 2 hands to clap (staff + members need to have interest in the first place), maybe some people find it a hassle to visit forums since they can get info easily elsewhere (look at gfsquad twitter it's still very alive). 

Oh yes you're right there. The purpose of the foruns is to unite people with same interests and have them interact with each other. Forums is also a good source of updates on the interests! And to add to that, the fandom isn't that big before, so finding buddies would be kinda hard, but now that the fandom has gotten large, finding buddies also wouldn't be that hard. The forum was a really big help to interacting with other buddies before which was kinda hard I would say back then. So the things here like the playground, living room, etc. wouldn't also be of help because of that, me thinks. 

And yes, who would update this site if no one visits it anymore? The staffs have their reasons to abandon this site, and also those trainees here that didn't become staffs, sad for them:(((

On the bright side, the forums is a good archives of Gfriend events in the past! So those who are just new to the fandom might visit this site and find some things here! It's just sad that the bright side I think ends there tho. :(((

I still wonder why babble was removed tho, I saw some buddies talking there, although in interval of days. 

its sad, for almost 2 years im gone haha, @ASquirtle are you still alive? hahaha

Hello @XperiA (원 은하) <3! I guess no one's really active here anymore, not even me. Been only active these past few days. 

hahaha those days when babble is still up im missing those days and we have a discord server that time . we talk with co buddies. memories :(

Yeah, I miss those babble days, just talking about anything HAHAHAH

and also, sadly I I don't know about the discord one. Dangg that is a big thing I missed here..... 

Sorry I can't be active here often. Time constraints is really a big problem. :(((