Scene Stealer

news
GFRIEND’s Agency Responds To Concerns Over Yuju’s Absence From Recent Activities

6 posts in this topic

GFRIEND’s agency has shared a statement regarding fans’ concerns about Yuju.
Yuju last participated in a scheduled activity with GFRIEND on October 27 and has been absent from all following activities.
Many fans expressed concern over her whereabouts, with rumors of her going missing even spreading via social media and online communities.
In response, the group’s agency Source Music assured, “There are no issues with the safety of member Yuju,” and added, “[The reason] will be revealed soon.”
Most recently, Yuju released a collaborative track with Yoon Jong Shin on November 9.

source

we still don't know if the reason is work related or personal matters, but more importantly that she's safe :)

20 hours ago, Scene Stealer said:

GFRIEND’s agency has shared a statement regarding fans’ concerns about Yuju.
Yuju last participated in a scheduled activity with GFRIEND on October 27 and has been absent from all following activities.
Many fans expressed concern over her whereabouts, with rumors of her going missing even spreading via social media and online communities.
In response, the group’s agency Source Music assured, “There are no issues with the safety of member Yuju,” and added, “[The reason] will be revealed soon.”
Most recently, Yuju released a collaborative track with Yoon Jong Shin on November 9.

source

we still don't know if the reason is work related or personal matters, but more importantly that she's safe :)

It could all be work related. In an article from allkpop.com, it mentions that she'll be absent from their events until Nov. 24th. I miss Yuju just as much as everyBuddy but I think everyone is worrying too much and even putting pressure on SouMu by not trusting them on the decisions that make.

What if this is all a surprise, such as maybe a solo project. Somewhere here, a Buddy posted an interview with Yuju about her Yoon Jong-shin project. In her own words she said that she'll always be promoting as GFriend. Has everyone missed that. Her own words?

Yuju is One-Half of my bias and I also miss her a lot but I also trust her words, the words of the girls themselves and I trust SouMu.

If it is a surprise project for her, worrying and hounding SouMu for an explanation could just blow the surprise...if it is one.

I'm not trying to start anything trouble, I just would like to see everyone trust SouMu. CEO So Sung Jin made the best decision ever - GFriend.

2 hours ago, alohachingu said:

It could all be work related. In an article from allkpop.com, it mentions that she'll be absent from their events until Nov. 24th. I miss Yuju just as much as everyBuddy but I think everyone is worrying too much and even putting pressure on SouMu by not trusting them on the decisions that make.

What if this is all a surprise, such as maybe a solo project. Somewhere here, a Buddy posted an interview with Yuju about her Yoon Jong-shin project. In her own words she said that she'll always be promoting as GFriend. Has everyone missed that. Her own words?

Yuju is One-Half of my bias and I also miss her a lot but I also trust her words, the words of the girls themselves and I trust SouMu.

If it is a surprise project for her, worrying and hounding SouMu for an explanation could just blow the surprise...if it is one.

I'm not trying to start anything trouble, I just would like to see everyone trust SouMu. CEO So Sung Jin made the best decision ever - GFriend.

well, fans keep asking because they are care about Yuju. 

when someone special is not around (when she supposed to be), we will naturally asked, "what happen with her? is she sick?". that kind of question is common thing in our social life. and it's not wrong to do that.

keep in mind that for one member to miss a group activities in a whole month without any explanation is not normal. usually they will inform us in advance that particular member won't be able to participate in future activities because of health/personal matters/individual activities, etc. this kind of explanation is necessary. it's also part of their professionalism. 

and I think we should differentiate between fans that are worried and haters who spread false rumors. haters/trolls/antis will make use her "hiatus" to spread false rumors. something like "Yuju will leave Gfriend" or something like that. of course, we buddy wouldn't believe that. but people (non-fans) might believe that rumors. and that really hurt us. that's why we encourage SouMu to give proper explanation of her absence. to make things clear. and to cease that stupid rumor.

about surprise project, I really want to believe this. if only SouMu did good job to manage her schedule. in order to make that project "surprising", it's necessary to manage schedule that less suspicious. that she diligently doing her own individual schedule while not leaving group activities. this have done perfectly in the past. Sowon have become regular MC on variety show, even become model on Fashion Show. and that's not make her missed Gfriend's activities all the time. same thing for Yuju. she have done many collaboration in the past, but none of that makes her absent from any events. and now, what do we have? boom! all Gfriend's events without Yuju. that is really suspicious....

with disappearance of Yuju, both in events and social media, it's natural for buddy to keep asking, "Why?"

soompi has updated the article :

Updated November 22 KST:

GFRIEND’s agency has once again released a statement on Yuju being absent from activities.

Despite the statement released on November 20, fans continued to express concern.

On November 22, Source Music released another statement saying, “There are no issues with Yuju. Beginning in December, she will participate in activities like normal”

from this article, Source Music confirmed that Yuju will return in December ^_^

:BeastToss-33:

Edited by Scene Stealer

On 11/21/2018 at 2:21 AM, Scene Stealer said:

well, fans keep asking because they are care about Yuju. 

when someone special is not around (when she supposed to be), we will naturally asked, "what happen with her? is she sick?". that kind of question is common thing in our social life. and it's not wrong to do that.

keep in mind that for one member to miss a group activities in a whole month without any explanation is not normal. usually they will inform us in advance that particular member won't be able to participate in future activities because of health/personal matters/individual activities, etc. this kind of explanation is necessary. it's also part of their professionalism. 

and I think we should differentiate between fans that are worried and haters who spread false rumors. haters/trolls/antis will make use her "hiatus" to spread false rumors. something like "Yuju will leave Gfriend" or something like that. of course, we buddy wouldn't believe that. but people (non-fans) might believe that rumors. and that really hurt us. that's why we encourage SouMu to give proper explanation of her absence. to make things clear. and to cease that stupid rumor.

about surprise project, I really want to believe this. if only SouMu did good job to manage her schedule. in order to make that project "surprising", it's necessary to manage schedule that less suspicious. that she diligently doing her own individual schedule while not leaving group activities. this have done perfectly in the past. Sowon have become regular MC on variety show, even become model on Fashion Show. and that's not make her missed Gfriend's activities all the time. same thing for Yuju. she have done many collaboration in the past, but none of that makes her absent from any events. and now, what do we have? boom! all Gfriend's events without Yuju. that is really suspicious....

with disappearance of Yuju, both in events and social media, it's natural for buddy to keep asking, "Why?"

I understand your points and I agree. Maybe I came off the wrong way. but where does it get to the point where we maybe over stepping her and SouMu's privacy. Yes the haters and Sh*tizens will always talk their trash but there are fans that don't get information as quick or as well as many other Buddies and they do the rumors first or may not understand Buddies have questioned so much. Understand what I'm getting at? I

Like I said, I'm not trying to cause "waves" but other Buddies have been taking some it too far.

Maybe It came all wrong because I am not trying to attack anyone. There are things before this that I could also trust in,  the words of GFriend, an interview that I did read here and the information about the collab. So I have never worried. Is it wrong of me not to worry because I trust SouMu? I've been made feel as if I'm wrong because of it. Is it wrong for me to voice my opinion about some things that I've seen amongst other Buddies where they start attacking each other or SouMu because this time around things were done differently.

I know that Buddies care as do I.This forum is my source of info and I trust this forum as well people that are connected to this forum on twitter but many people are not connected and yet they still are Buddies.

I don't know maybe all this came out wrong. I've been curious too, never worried. Like I said before I was also concerned as to where we draw the boundaries of over stepping their, her's and SouMu's privacy.

Aloha

14 hours ago, alohachingu said:

I understand your points and I agree. Maybe I came off the wrong way. but where does it get to the point where we maybe over stepping her and SouMu's privacy. Yes the haters and Sh*tizens will always talk their trash but there are fans that don't get information as quick or as well as many other Buddies and they do the rumors first or may not understand Buddies have questioned so much. Understand what I'm getting at? I

Like I said, I'm not trying to cause "waves" but other Buddies have been taking some it too far.

Maybe It came all wrong because I am not trying to attack anyone. There are things before this that I could also trust in,  the words of GFriend, an interview that I did read here and the information about the collab. So I have never worried. Is it wrong of me not to worry because I trust SouMu? I've been made feel as if I'm wrong because of it. Is it wrong for me to voice my opinion about some things that I've seen amongst other Buddies where they start attacking each other or SouMu because this time around things were done differently.

I know that Buddies care as do I.This forum is my source of info and I trust this forum as well people that are connected to this forum on twitter but many people are not connected and yet they still are Buddies.

I don't know maybe all this came out wrong. I've been curious too, never worried. Like I said before I was also concerned as to where we draw the boundaries of over stepping their, her's and SouMu's privacy.

Aloha

yes. I understand your point. what I'm trying to say that it's natural for us to express our concern about someone we love :) although I admit, some of fans might overreact regarding this matter... :/
but rest assured, we're not invading their privacy. we're not stalking, hacking, barging in to her dorm or anything that considered ilegal.

now, we have confirmation that she will return in early December activities. I heard Gfriend will have an event on December 7th. most likely we will see her there :Dor perhaps even earlier if she active on social media again ^_^ let's wait patiently :)