Kuchai_Lama

The most TABOO and DANGEROUS thing ever that GFRIEND and SOURCE MUSIC should avoid!!

5 posts in this topic

GFRIEND pursuing heavily on acting, MC and variety shows!

I think this is very very very bad idea. Why? Because it might erode the dancing, singing, music, artistic value of GFRIEND posses. It might erode their amazing teamwork! 

Think about it>>if they pursue on acting and variety shows, that means they will put less effort on their singing, music and dancing practices. They will have less time to sharpen and practice their singing and dancing abilities. They cannot explore, listen and discover the amazing underground and indie music again on the internet because they have less time to do the artistic and musical research. All of that will make their performance stage will erode. They will become lazy to perform because they put their comfort zone on variety and acting field, rather than on music and performance stage. 

So my suggestion is: It is much much much better if Source Music focus more on music festivals, concert, drama OST and CFs to earn money and recognition for the girls brand and GFRIEND brand.

What all the fans and public asked for GFRIEND is their outstanding performance, dancing, singing, music, and VLIVE. That's it!! We don't want that fancy acting and variety shows. 

Please SOURCE MUSIC! Don't commit into that dangerous area!

Edited by Kuchai_Lama

doing variety and mc is fine, they have been doing that since debut and it's a way of keeping their name out there, but acting takes too much time and if they aren't perfect, knetz will hate them without a end, they don't like idols that turn to actors that much, unless they think they are talented and pretty, and if they do acting, they can't start with a major main role, they need experience with small roles, otherwise, koreans will rip them apart.

well, first thing first. we're just fans. we have no authority to decide our Idol's future career, telling them what to do and what not to do. we can only simply appreciate if their work makes us happy. and if it's not, we have to refrain ourself for not to bash or saying negative things about them.

and samething for the company. SouMu must have their own marketing/business experts. I'm sure they already have plan for the girls. which one that makes the most money for them. either concerts, events, collaboration, solo or selling goods. if they think that making the girls to become actress is less-profited, then they would avoid that. so, you can rest assured. 

as for MC or variety shows, as far as I know, it's only a side-job. to promote their album or to maintain their popularity. if they didn't show up on TV or any media for a long time, it may decrease their value. if public think that the girls is not trending anymore, or their popularity is overshadowed by other idols, SouMu will have hard time to sell goods, concert tickets or even not invited to events/festivals. that's why making the girls work outside singing and dancing is also important.

as for the girls, keep in mind that they are human beings too, they have feelings. they have their own mind, future goals and life-principles. they have free will. and as normal human they can experience fatigue and boredom. so that in their future as artist, they may want to try another career beside singing/dancing. if that happens, please respect them.

one more thing, saying them "lazy" is harsh. they are not our dancing robot, that we can forced them only to singing and dancing... :/ 

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, Silver Cloud said:

doing variety and mc is fine, they have been doing that since debut and it's a way of keeping their name out there, but acting takes too much time and if they aren't perfect, knetz will hate them without a end, they don't like idols that turn to actors that much, unless they think they are talented and pretty, and if they do acting, they can't start with a major main role, they need experience with small roles, otherwise, koreans will rip them apart.

8 hours ago, Scene Stealer said:

well, first thing first. we're just fans. we have no authority to decide our Idol's future career, telling them what to do and what not to do. we can only simply appreciate if their work makes us happy. and if it's not, we have to refrain ourself for not to bash or saying negative things about them.

and samething for the company. SouMu must have their own marketing/business experts. I'm sure they already have plan for the girls. which one that makes the most money for them. either concerts, events, collaboration, solo or selling goods. if they think that making the girls to become actress is less-profited, then they would avoid that. so, you can rest assured. 

as for MC or variety shows, as far as I know, it's only a side-job. to promote their album or to maintain their popularity. if they didn't show up on TV or any media for a long time, it may decrease their value. if public think that the girls is not trending anymore, or their popularity is overshadowed by other idols, SouMu will have hard time to sell goods, concert tickets or even not invited to events/festivals. that's why making the girls work outside singing and dancing is also important.

as for the girls, keep in mind that they are human beings too, they have feelings. they have their own mind, future goals and life-principles. they have free will. and as normal human they can experience fatigue and boredom. so that in their future as artist, they may want to try another career beside singing/dancing. if that happens, please respect them.

one more thing, saying them "lazy" is harsh. they are not our dancing robot, that we can forced them only to singing and dancing... :/ 

Ah...what I mean is that pursuing on acting is pretty bad idea because it's just too much work while the girls are still in GFRIEND and are still active as singers. I'm just afraid pursuing acting might erode musical and artistic value of GFRIEND. GFRIEND is still 3.5 years old. GFRIEND still has infinite potential to breakthrough so they cannot afford to be distracted by acting career. 

They can do MC and Variety Shows to promote GFRIEND but they need to still keep in mind that they're singers and musician. Singers, dancing, and music should be their first-priority in their mind. I believe the girls are professional in the sense that they can still practice dancing, singing and do the musical and artistic research after finishing their side-jobs. 

Yes we don't have authority to dictate what the girls should do. This thread is merely some suggestion for Source Music to consider. Source Music will surely know what is the best decision to get a win-win solution.

In short:

I highly disagree for pursuing actress/acting IF GFRIEND is still active

Edited by Kuchai_Lama