Galaxy1004

[Translation | FanCafe] From Umji - Concert Finished

2 posts in this topic

5b95a66864530_ScreenShot2018-09-10at6_47_02am.thumb.png.9514ca50b7f84a305c0d6730eebff824.png

Hi Buddies~ It’s pretty late. But before I go to bed, I wanted to talk to Buddies about this and that so I came here :)
The 2 day concert ended well today. Thank you so much.
For ‘season of Gfriend’ we went into the practice room trembling in the cold winter and left the practice room in short sleeves, after a rehearsal while wearing long padded coats, we did the first concert passionately, I think we spent an unusually hot winter…
Before we knew it, we finished our first concert, and when we finished the encore concert, we had a great time but also felt a little sad. His feels different to when we do promotions!
Buddies who usually say that we’re pretty even while sitting down in pyjamas eating snacks. You’re the biggest encouragement for us while giving us more energy and making us relaxed more than anyone else. This is so precious. I felt it a lot this time again. Thank you for always being Buddies. Really!
The sound of the band and everyone’s shouting is still ringing in my ears. After I sleep and wake up, it’ll really be time to say goodbye to Season of Gfriend.. I must keep the precious memories. In my head, in Buddy’s heads and… ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
I really need to sleep now. Most Buddies will see his post tomorrow morning. Keep the emotions of he concert beautifully tomorrow? From now on, fighting, fighting for Monday as well. Although Season of GFRIEND has finished, I hope that the future will also be season of GFRIEND and Buddies, and that even more Buddies join in the seasons together. Goodbye

rS2kPuN.gif

찬란하게 빛나던 시간이었다고 맑은 여름비처럼 고마웠었다고 - "It was a bright, shining moment.  Thanks for being a clear summer rain"

Twitter

You always give good translations so I'm a bit disappointed this time round. You took away all the fun parts in my opinion and also there are some mistakes.

1) When she talked about keeping precious memories, she said "in my head, in buddy's heads and d..v... (meaning concert dvd) and then she laughed ㅋㅋㅋ. But you didn't include the dvd part.

2) She actually said "Why do we feel nervous performing in front of Buddies who usually say that we’re pretty even while we are sitting down in pyjamas eating snacks". She's trying to say that even if they do a mistake or doesn't perform as well or be relaxed, buddies will see it prettily, so she's finding it funny and she's questioning why is she nervous, meaning she doesn't want to make a mistake and wants to perform perfectly, even if buddies will see average performance as good performance anyway. But you skipped the "feeling nervous" part and went right to "biggest encouragement" part. 

3) When she said, "Most buddies will see this post tomorrow morning" part, in her post, it's actually written "Most buddies will see this post tomorrow morning, wait, or is it today morning?" She's writing this past 12 midnight so it's already the next day but it's still night so she's like should I say tomorrow morning or today morning? She also repeated "tomorrow? Today?" on the "Keep the emotions of he concert beautifully" part.

4) Mistake: In the last sentence of her post, she said "많은 계절", not "많은 버디". She said "many more seasons", not "even more buddies". So, that last sentence should actually be  "Although Season of GFRIEND has finished, I hope that the future will also be season of GFRIEND and Buddies, and to Buddies that will be together with us for many more seasons to come  Goodbye"

I didn't compare sentence to sentence. I just read her post, then read your translation and then came up with these. If I compare it sentence to sentence, there might be more things.

I'm not trying to say I'm better or anything. There are words I didn't understand until I read your translation also. 

The reason I am doing this is because I want people that doesn't understand Korean at all and rely on your translation to get the correct translation as accurate as possible. I hope you take it positively and try to improve your translation next time.

Thank you

Edited by John Fig