Galaxy1004

interview
[Translation | Melon Magazine] Yuju (GFRIEND) OST Recording Site Interview

1 post in this topic

GFRIEND who bombarded the charts with 'Sunny Summer's main vocal Yuju! Here's an exclusive article with Yuju on Melon Magazine.

imgUrl20180820061644951.jpg.50a7c3ca0df6c5cf75a8ca5725aead27.jpg

Q. Solo promotions followed by OST participation! You may have felt very different when you’re working as a group compared to working as a solo artist. What’s the biggest difference? 
Practicing and preparing alone! When I’m with the members I practice hard, but when I’m doing a song by myself, I have more time to think and try it.

Q. What is the most important part of this OST song?
The delivery of the lyrics! When I first listened to the song, I felt that the mood and the lyrics itself would have to be as straightforward and expressive as it has to be, rather than singing with a lot of technique. When I was recording, I listened to the situation and the feelings of the main character and tried to get into that feeling.

Q. As you know, ‘Let’s Eat 3: Begins’ is a drama about food, do you enjoy watch Mukbangs (eating broadcast)? And what food food do you want to eat right now?
Actually, I wasn’t really interested in Mukbangs back then. But after my debut, I could see why people watch it. Sometimes I look at planes while waiting at the airport. Right now, I want to eat spicy rice cakes.. ㅠㅠ

Q. Do you have any songs that you listen to or sing these days? If so, why?
I often listen to Charlie Puth’s songs. I feel that the unique rhythm and vocals relieve my stress. I listen to ‘Done For Me’ a lot.

Q. I’m sure you’ve received a lot of OST requests. Is there a reason for deciding to participate in singing the OST for ‘Let’s Eat 3: Begins’?
I was called for a great opportunity. I’ve sang an OST once close to when I made my debut, and I’m grateful that I can sing another song that is totally different to that.

Q. What kind of singer do you want to become?
I want to be an honest and happy singer. I want to become an artist who can grow and sing for a very long time.

Yuju's "This Song Only (이 노래만)"

cover.jpg.d57f8602a10e2c9ba6b0fca34867ff38.jpg

The song sung by GFRIEND’s Yuju shows you a a more subtle emotional side, rather than the powerful and energetic singing style that you’d usually see from her. The news that grabbed at the heart of all Buddies when it was announced. After listening to the song, which is a perfect collection of feelings of unrequited love, one can feel what Jiwoo (Baek Jinhee) feels without even watching the drama.

Source: (1)

rS2kPuN.gif

찬란하게 빛나던 시간이었다고 맑은 여름비처럼 고마웠었다고 - "It was a bright, shining moment.  Thanks for being a clear summer rain"

Twitter