ponponpopcorn

fanacc
[FANACC] GFRIEND Sunny Summer Yongsan Fansign 180729

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Sorry this is so late I have no excuses I am just lazy. But I want to share my fansign experience with everyone, so I hope you enjoy! Apologies in advance for my terrible memory and large pictures. All under the spoiler

Spoiler

I came to Korea on the 18th, the day before the comeback. I hadn’t planned this, but my trip with my family just happened to line up with Gfriend’s Sunny Summer promotion, so I was really lucky. I originally planned to go to the fansign in Suwon since it was closer to me than the other fansign that day, which was in Seongnam. They were both at least an hour away from where I was staying. However, the day I decided to buy the album Gfriend announced their 5th and 6th fansign so I chose to the 5th (Yongsan) since it was much much closer than Suwon and the 6th fansign in Ilsan. I ended up buying 4 copies of the album even though I had the money to buy 11 or 12. I was just like, "I'll try a little to get in, but I really don't expect to". Here's the slip of paper they give you that eventually you show the people at the fansign as proof you bought the albums.
MhzUab-JtyobXPuhaKdpZpc_ZkeLH_fdz2yGGrq8tP9dAUUyirmO-vPoCCmwJOXOpF0iwrh_uTVaD8BYIk2yHQiph-W6RSLMkz339QZqRqWgG37UnUB_vM1JfttRCZ3T47D55uny
So I spent the next two days being lazy and doing absolutely nothing until around 9 pm on the 28th. I had the website open and was waiting for the results to be announced. 10 PM arrives and I scroll through the list, trying to find my name. It’s nowhere to be found. I looked through the phone numbers just to double check and while one number matched, my name didn’t. I thought, "Oh ok. Yeah. This is exactly what I thought would happen" and just kind of accepted that I'd have to try again some other time, there was nothing I could do about it. The next morning, the day of the fansign, I was lazy again and just playing on my phone. My dad then receives a call and I overhear some words “Yes, Yes, The name wasn’t on the list”. I thought to myself, “That sounds awfully similar to what happened with the fansign, but I won’t bring up hope”. He hangs up and tells me an error with the name was made and that I actually got in. (I put my dad’s phone number when registering because it was more convenient and I don't have a Korean number). It was about noon so I only had three hours to prepare myself emotionally. Suddenly I was completely awake and quickly got ready to go out. I wasn’t sure how long it would take to arrive and had estimated it would take at least an hour so I was worried I wouldn’t make it when my family wasn’t even close to being ready at 1:30. I arrived there 50 minutes early though, went up to the entrance of the fansign and showed them the raffle ticket and my ID. Then I randomly selected which number I would get (For the seat and order of who goes up to get the signature) and I got 30. 

The rest of this is also described in something I wrote while I was at the fansign, it's a lot more fangirl-y and all over the place though: https://docs.google.com/document/d/129XHFhPxstuAwJAPMCcAo5HHqZDGZFYsnR2pCIabGrk
RSNLuVZo09T6-Y9TrDAgWoDMFhgY9BonxKwiTvhqdTvJSxjR4umxhTrh9X_--SVGx-3uD18iLuCtIczLxTTdpSkQTHumuAhER63SlZPGlYFbsp22JGw2Z7DKmXtjyv1D6VQM2r0b
There’s 100 people so I’d say I was pretty lucky. There was also a free magnet and I got a random member, it was my bias Yerin!
jqGNQPaPmIna5k08t_BBieo5p2E_eMO-_vvZB1BCmbYkOPw2en5VGA0GR8lD893f4-zJGWuiE3aGa3eIadZAKHOOtGg0ssmREqYn4V7q1gXzoMHCrFDhqX32QVic7Uyw1z0YGOLA
I went into the fansign, found my seat and sat down. Not sure what to do while waiting, I doodled Yerin and wrote how I felt in my phone (in the google docs link). Gfriend went up on stage and I was denying reality because they were all so beautiful. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to keep the sticky notes with the questions on them (probably to shorten time?) but the staff person kept the drawing of Yerin in the album. From here on I will write what I remember from my conversations with each member in the order I met them and include pictures of their signatures. Notes: I have a lot of stuff mixed up between members, sorry! Also, Sowon did not attend. I am able to speak English, Japanese, and Korean, but I went with mostly Korean (which was a terrible idea since I’m not the best at it).

SinB - She sang the line before the chorus of Sweety before I sat down! So cute. I was super nervous, so I was sort of silent as she opened my album. I pointed to where I wanted her to sign and she asked for my name and age. I had to repeat it a few times. Trying the best I could as a nervous wreck to make conversation, I said I was from America and that I was sorry my Korean is bad. After she signed my album she fanned it with a pink fan, which I don’t recall any other member doing? The staff tried to get me to move on (he does this with every member I’m with) so we waved bye to each other and I went onto Yuju.
UAbc_dxCLCah-q-sY9yZz2ikBXC0EyTz-bCn0vji_GvIaOs_Hz5f67g4aeabQjJkmFp73bOdexEhfmzjaDs4OVvb2SmnCz7pRAZy1rCkNo7Lfi4sYERj4D8HcUqa9ejDHLesFCMK
Yuju - I also said the same things I said to Yuju as I did with SinB. She asked which part of America I was from, with which I replied “Seattle” in the best Korean accent I could and she spoke a bit of English with me. She asked me what Seattle was like and I messed up a lot here. I said in Korean “rain” and she said something like Oh! It rains a lot! and I tried to explain to her the space needle by saying tower in english and i said space needle hoping she would get it but I had to move on before she did.
Rdmt1FXY9rRbsvEZ-HRHfCeJmb9oMqQh8k4wPfZtzHxeDziV5f_g3whevjx9XcuGrsAmWfkVyEhpzNci-U9neLMZ3uavDQiR1sdOxqMhGUc1OXQ9yWJCgmYLU564sVkMjw-sr2N0
(Note: the pink thing in the pictures is just a sticky note I used to mark the pages)
Yerin - I think she’s the first member I mentioned I could speak Japanese to. She commented on my face, surprised at how it was so small and said something about my hair (I couldn’t understand). She asked why I came to Korea. I tried to explain that my parents planned to come and it just happened to land on the date of the comeback, but I think she thought I meant that I came because of the comeback. As I left I told her she’s my favorite member.

r3aC_IrpwgX_D8NsIsAy83pabM1XXN991q90yDE43tf1uiLkOAnRIF540cqSAmqZYwvA20a_nv1ZRarWaM73gc_Gro4lmiGXZ2YnlfdpAuqJxc1I-Y37dIMnfLK8YhEVCbygDmoh
Eunha - Greeted me with my name! I told her that I could speak Japanese and English and said something like “Nihongo? Watashi wa nihongo ga jouzu desu ne!” (Japanese? I’m good at Japanese!) I replied with “Hai, Jouzu desu!” (Yes, you are good!). I don’t remember the exact wording, but she said the words Tsugi and nihongo and was saying that next time I should speak more Japanese and she’s so right.
iONMHU1sh-QcU-Yksz-sDDAFT2ZPUv0AFhEeKOEWolcLZlj8d68FCA15X9kzn5Guv_vR5OsXUhk03JdczgOb67wBqQn1Ey5bxXdlR-UqWpVzsZCN9PRmaVVMc2KTYWaNWZzfR7cF
Umji - Eunha turned to her and mentioned where I live and the languages I speak! She asked which one I was most comfortable with and I said English. She asked when I came to Korea and when I was going back home and I replied in broken Korean instead of English like a fool. Time was up and she high fived me and I left.
7RtYxrrXAcBz7tBUMQPSMqCM96AsvX1iPn9Xnqpro2r84VH8FWEQEdMF_v6VAmld8zNR4evkS6swS7ayNt2Zfny_vwu8TviYxVCIIH7l4mqshsrGIo38V46JjUiVB3AbRYy0Zv4r
I found a video with me in it (unfortunately it didn’t show me with Eunha or Umji): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNxg6TEtW4k

I appear around 5:30 and I’m wearing a navy shirt with two white stripes on it.

I spent the rest of the time watching the members while also writing about what happened. The fansign ended around 5:15 (So it was around 2 hours long). So yeah, sorry this isn't the most ideal fansign experience you'll read, but it's something. I didn’t express this too much, but my Korean was so bad and I ended up not being able to say anything I wanted to. So if you ever want to go to a fansign don't rely on your terrible Korean, I as such a fool for not using Japanese. But I’m so so so so lucky to have met Gfriend, even if Sowon wasn’t there and I really hope to see them again! Thanks for reading, hope it wasn’t too long

Edited by ponponpopcorn

thanks for sharing:sowonnice:, i hope one day i can go to fansign too:BeastToss-18:

200w.gif

오랜 시간의 은하수 건너고 건너

Past the long Milky Way Cross and cross

you can see in the video, even though some fans are shy, nervous and can't communicate well because of the language, they still smile a lot, look them into the eyes while talking and were really sweet. I'm both jealous and happy for the i-buddies that can meet them. 

did I see it right, you got a high five from your bias? xD

5 hours ago, Silver Cloud said:

you can see in the video, even though some fans are shy, nervous and can't communicate well because of the language, they still smile a lot, look them into the eyes while talking and were really sweet. I'm both jealous and happy for the i-buddies that can meet them. 

did I see it right, you got a high five from your bias? xD

i know right? they're so kind! 

and i honestly don't remember if i did or not, but it looks like i did high five yerin! i also remember getting one from umji too! hopefully more i-buddies can get a chance to meet them