Alpharius Omegon

What are effective(not necessarily quick) ways to learn Korean 한글

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Right, so as the title implies I need recommendations peeps.
I should probably mention that what I'm doing is mostly self-study, as I can't afford to go to a language school.
So far here are a few ways I study up on the language: I got a lot of e-books for beginners and intermediate learners so far, this has helped me the most. I also downloaded a few youtube vids on learning korean, and a few language learning apps but so far I've learned a lot through the books.

To others who are also learning or have mastered the language, any tips are appreciated. 감사합니다:BeastToss-33:

Edited by Alpharius Omegon

Talk to Gfriend at fansigns I swear that randomly levelled up my Korean by miles :BeastToss-32:

In seriousness though Duolingo recently added Korean which I've found helpful for vocabulary, and is free. I've also found the app Eggbun very useful although there is a subscription fee.

Duolingo, or make some friends that can speak Korean with you. Make sure you tell them to speak Korean in front of you only though.

So beautiful, like a stream of rain water, our transparent story...

ezgif.com-crop.gif.5dd0988a7301cbcff9b8c7650b4e37b3.gif

GFRIEND

I agree, speaking Korean with natives or people familiar with Korean will definitely help you learn as you will be continuously practicing

Sent from my LG-H870DS using GFSquad.com mobile app

What if i don't have Korean friends to talk to... 

10 hours ago, Link said:

Go make some Korean friends. :sinbhmph:

GFRIEND

1 hour ago, 유주얼천사 said:

Go make some Korean friends. :sinbhmph:

I don't know how to find them lol

13 hours ago, Link said:

I don't know how to find them lol

Internet? The outside world? Come on man. :eunha-pfft:

GFRIEND

On 7/30/2018 at 10:24 PM, Gwoxenox said:

Talk to Gfriend at fansigns I swear that randomly levelled up my Korean by miles :BeastToss-32:

In seriousness though Duolingo recently added Korean which I've found helpful for vocabulary, and is free. I've also found the app Eggbun very useful although there is a subscription fee.

wow that opportunity to talk with them
i'm here but i dont have the luxury to  buy lots of albums :" 

:BeastToss-03: 

anyway... try taking the TOPIK (Test on Proficiency in Korean) I and II exams.
and you might need to specify in what areas you want to learn and improve in Korean coz there is reading, listening, writing and speaking. 

:BeastToss-35:

currently, TOPIK has 3 of those except the last one.
you might want to start with TOPIK I since its for beginners which includes reading & listening.

in our Korean language class, we use Ewha's book. but I guess there are more good books out there.
Chatting in Korean will help. In my case, chatting with Korean natives in GFriend's fan cafe really helped me alot. hehe
Went to some of their concerts, events, and music shows as well.

:BeastToss-17:

Anyway, be ready to learn as well as accept your mistakes.
and as long as there is someone who can guide you and correct you with your mistakes, you will be fine. 

:BeastToss-22: :BeastToss-29::BeastToss-11:

tenor.gif?itemid=6127238 tenor.gif?itemid=6163096

On 7/30/2018 at 6:24 AM, Gwoxenox said:

>Talk to Gfriend
If only T_T

On 7/31/2018 at 7:28 AM, Link said:

Same, had been searching for a while online without luck but then again I'm socially inept so it's probably that xD

3 hours ago, toncanan said:

wow that opportunity to talk with them
i'm here but i dont have the luxury to  buy lots of albums :" 

:BeastToss-03: 

anyway... try taking the TOPIK (Test on Proficiency in Korean) I and II exams.
and you might need to specify in what areas you want to learn and improve in Korean coz there is reading, listening, writing and speaking. 

:BeastToss-35:

currently, TOPIK has 3 of those except the last one.
you might want to start with TOPIK I since its for beginners which includes reading & listening.

in our Korean language class, we use Ewha's book. but I guess there are more good books out there.
Chatting in Korean will help. In my case, chatting with Korean natives in GFriend's fan cafe really helped me alot. hehe
Went to some of their concerts, events, and music shows as well.

:BeastToss-17:

Anyway, be ready to learn as well as accept your mistakes.
and as long as there is someone who can guide you and correct you with your mistakes, you will be fine. 

:BeastToss-22: :BeastToss-29::BeastToss-11:

Right? I just found out not long ago but the amount of albums needed to buy so you can qualify for some signing events are tremendous.
I'm not thinking on taking any tests just yet, I've been studying on and off for 3 years but real life kinda gets in the way of that so I haven't been able to invest much time on learning until recently T_T
As for which areas I want to improve then probably all of them:BeastToss-26:
I mean, I use a lot of medium which are originally in Korean, for example tv shows, web novels, and 99% of my playlist is K-pop.
The only aspect I probably won't have much use on is writing since, I don't have friends who knows 한글

Oh, and thanks to everyone who gave out recommendations, Yes I'm already using Duolingo(forgot to mention that)

*^*

:BeastToss-11:  ____________SinBae____________:sb2: