Pop Master

article
[Trans | OSEN Focus] Pointing-Out Important Points About GFRIEND's "Comeback"

5 posts in this topic

[Trans | OSEN Focus] Pointing-Out Important Points About GFRIEND's "Comeback"

proxy?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmimgnews1.naver.n

Girlgroup GFRIEND put their heart and soul on their first full album comeback. Through the refreshing image that goes well with summer and GFriend's innocent trademark, they have graduated from school and now showing us a more solid and different image.

From last year starting from their debut until the release of their third mini-album GFriend has shown astounding growth among girlgroups as the consecutively released hit songs. Just by the power of the contents, they keep on firmly stepping forward. This incoming July 11 we can only wait for a more special first full album brought to us by Gfriend.

# Transformation From "Graduating from School" to "Retro Girls"

On the third mini-album, the summit of innocent girlgroup, through GFRIEND's "School Series" they highlighted the songs' unified identity. Having overflowing youthful healthy visuals also through their lovely image included in the schoolgirl concept they have received much love and appreciation. But now, they have transformed into Retro Girlgroup.

While starting of the promotion of their first album "LOL" they announced that this will have two different concepts each having colorful refreshing and innocent charms. The former being the "Laughing Out Loud" and the latter being the "LOts of Love".

As expected they give off good looking clean and refreshing beauty this summer. They completely radiate the 'the-girl-we-like-in-the-past' vibes by transforming into 'retrogirl' looks from hair to toe. The props that stimulate "oldschool feels" like stuffedtoys, radio, trophies and rollerskates surrounding them and the title song 'You and I(Navillera)' MV Teaser though short it was, still pleases the ears of the listeners. And GFriend that is clad in retro made the people go crazy waiting for them.

proxy?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmimgnews2.naver.n

# Power Pure Performance

GFriend caught much public attention because despite having innocent vibes and mild melodies on their music they accompanied these with their so called "powerful" dance performances. From this year's first half number one hitsong "Rough" including "Glass Bead" and "Me Gustas Tu", Gfriend intends to make another box office hit performance like their various signature point dances such as "Horse Vaulting Dance" and "Windmill Spin Dance".

This time we can expect additional changes while maintaining their iconic powerful choreographies. Now they are planning to mix refreshing and lovely retro girl image with powerful performances added with songs that are fun to listen all at the same time. This time they may again get more attention by achieving '4 Bell' Hits (T/N: this is synonymous to four consecutive hits) for this new song.

# Getting More Popularity + Fandom

GFriend's first album got more attention from the masses because of this they continue on building up a secure fandom. Their songs are comfortable to listen. The girls can relate to the lyrics and not so hard melodies. Since, GFriend songs has contents and elements that are well loved by the public masses it has very long staying power in the digital charts.

proxy?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmimgnews1.naver.n

This time their full album already is loved by the public and the fandom together. With 60,000 copies of the album sold at album markets we can say that they have secured a sturdy fandom which has continually growing steadily if we are to base it on the annalysis of the increase in their digital and album sales. So through this incoming full length album we could give a much higher level of expectation to GFriend.

Photos from: Source Music

untitled.JPG

The graph shows us that 66% of the comments came from the male users while 34% came from female users. Moreover, it is notable that people on their 20s gave more reaction to this article next are those in their 30s then 40s then 10s then people at their 50s and older.

Netizen Comments:

+517 -93

I got the chills while watching the MV Teaser Yuju *shivers*

+425 -83

GFRIEND Fighting♥♥♥

+374 -70

I always believe in you guys(T/N:referring to Gfriend)

Expecting this refreshing comeback

+363 -72

Always my most awaited group♥♥♥

+322 -61

GFriend is Love♥♥♥

+156 -17

I no longer have doubts .. I've got rid of it .. this MV Teaser is really awesome .. *shivers*

+149 -16

Trustworthy Gfriend .. let's walk on flowery paths only

+117 -8

Somehow it seems slightly like the 1990s in America hehehe so excited

+143 -17

I've watch the teaser and it's gonna hit big this time as well I think *shivering*

+127 -13

I think guitar riffs together with Yuju's high notes are gonna become Gfriend's signature acts

Translated by: Pop Master

BD3MfH7.gif

I love how you translate the WHOLE article too. BLESS

+156 -17

I no longer have doubts .. I've got rid of it .. this MV Teaser is really awesome .. *shivers*

Seriously the MV teaser put so much ease in my heart because of how amazing it sounded!

1 minute ago, YujuYujuYuju said:

I love how you translate the WHOLE article too. BLESS

Seriously the MV teaser put so much ease in my heart because of how amazing it sounded!

I'm also like that .. and you're very much welcome ...

BD3MfH7.gif

im just so happy for all the positive comments for gfriend!!

What is "let's walk on flowery paths only.."s means?  I know is kind of Korean phrases but I forget what it's means...

Edited by Honeyna