Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Green flower leaf

How did the lyrics of TFTMN make you feel?

4 posts in this topic

Hello there buddies!, 

In this thread I want to discuss the lyrics of TFTMN. To me, G-friends' lyrics is one of their charm points. Up until now, the've satisfied me with amazing lyrics that I enjoy reading. "I may seem like a clear glass bead, but I won't break that easily." is one of my favorite lyrics ever and it described their power-innocent concept of that era perfectly. It't also a very empowering phrase. 

When people talk about G-friend, they're always deservingly praised for their dancing and their hard work. However, no one's really talking about their Lyrics (among I-buddies then). Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. So that's why I want to discuss TFTMN's song lyrics in this thread. 

TFTMN first disappointed me, because it wasn't as catchy as their other songs, and at one point I even wondered why the girls chose the song in the first place. I got my answer when the ENG subtitles were inserted into the MV. The song is a beautiful story about longing for someone you lost. Of course the lyrics were translated way before the mv was released, but there was something special with the seeing the lyrics of TFTMN in the mv. You could follow the Mv and the storyline they were going for. At the time  I already warmed up to the song, but the meaning of the song made me fall in love with it. 

To me, the song is about missing a loved one and wanting to go to that dear friend/lover/family member, however you ultimately accept that the good old times are gone and you have go one with your live, but always remember and cherish memories from the past. 

:yerincry:

This song is not a tearjerker, but not a beautiful ode too the love one who left either. It's a bittersweet song about a complicated situation. 

Every time I listen to this song on YT, I look at the lyrics and just follow the story. The storytelling here is amazing. I wonder what you think about the lyrics and how the lyrics made you feel. Thank you for reading. 

oh, if you decide to reply. Can I have your opinion on this part of the lyrics. 

"I’m hesitating but I’m staying here"

and 

"I'm hesitating, but really I like you being here." 

This is UMji's part in the bridge, but I have no idea which version is the most accurate. They both say something with staying however in a different way, the differences changes the meaning of the sentence in my opinion. 

Since I mostly spend time listening to their songs on Spotify and since I don't speak Korean I don't know what the words mean. So even though I've been listening to the TFTMN CD on repeat all day long at work since it came out I'm not sure I could tell you what any of the lyrics are (except maybe "Love Bug" and "Annyong" :)

Do most non-Korean-speaking iBuddies look up the translation of the lyrics and know them by heart? Or do you just enjoy the music?

I am good at making puppy noises - Eunha @ 18:15

Hello there buddies!,  In this thread I want to discuss the lyrics of TFTMN. To me, G-friends' lyrics is one of their charm points. Up until now, the've satisfied me with amazing lyrics that I enjoy reading. "I may seem like a clear glass bead, but I won't break that easily." is one of my favorite lyrics ever and it described their power-innocent concept of that era perfectly. It't also a very empowering phrase. 

When people talk about G-friend, they're always deservingly praised for their dancing and their hard work. However, no one's really talking about their Lyrics (among I-buddies then). Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. So that's why I want to discuss TFTMN's song lyrics in this thread. 

TFTMN first disappointed me, because it wasn't as catchy as their other songs, and at one point I even wondered why the girls chose the song in the first place. I got my answer when the ENG subtitles were inserted into the MV. The song is a beautiful story about longing for someone you lost. Of course the lyrics were translated way before the mv was released, but there was something special with the seeing the lyrics of TFTMN in the mv. You could follow the Mv and the storyline they were going for. At the time  I already warmed up to the song, but the meaning of the song made me fall in love with it. 

To me, the song is about missing a loved one and wanting to go to that dear friend/lover/family member, however you ultimately accept that the good old times are gone and you have go one with your live, but always remember and cherish memories from the past. 

This song is not a tearjerker, but not a beautiful ode too the love one who left either. It's a bittersweet song about a complicated situation. 

Every time I listen to this song on YT, I look at the lyrics and just follow the story. The storytelling here is amazing. I wonder what you think about the lyrics and how the lyrics made you feel. Thank you for reading. 

and 

This is UMji's part in the bridge, but I have no idea which version is the most accurate. They both say something with staying however in a different way, the differences changes the meaning of the sentence in my opinion.   

Poetic lyrics is one of the reason i love Gfriend. Since debut, they never fail to impress me with the depth of their song lyrics. I have little to no love for song with shallow lyrics and only emphasis in catchy music (i even more despise they who use too much/abuse autotune and electronic sound).

Storytelling in lyrics will always Gfriend strong character since beginning (i little afraid when they change the songwriter but i relieved that Noh Jo Hwan meet my expectation). You can see their path clearly and enjoy the journey (their MV complement this objective and make us enjoy their music to the fullest).

For the lyrics you mention, i have no Korean language expertise but maybe the first one is closer to what she really mean.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DB using GFSquad.com mobile app

200w.gif

오랜 시간의 은하수 건너고 건너

Past the long Milky Way Cross and cross

22 hours ago, Green flower leaf said:

Hello there buddies!, 

In this thread I want to discuss the lyrics of TFTMN. To me, G-friends' lyrics is one of their charm points. Up until now, the've satisfied me with amazing lyrics that I enjoy reading. "I may seem like a clear glass bead, but I won't break that easily." is one of my favorite lyrics ever and it described their power-innocent concept of that era perfectly. It't also a very empowering phrase. 

and 

Very nice. I try to find videos with translations. 1theK has been good with that. Also, they do show up on a couple of their comeback stages for each song. I love how their music presented. Their dancing is what got me first, that "high kick". Then I read about their story, watch youtube of the performances and found videos with their lyrics and translations. Stories being told with awesome choreography to match is something unheard of for me in the pop music industry. No "gyrating hips" just to sell a song like American pop music.

When "Rough" came out, I read an article about the Ceo saying the Gfriend will never do a "sexy concept" and what he had planned for the song. He said "Rough" has "an overall anime-like feel to it".(soompi interview) It does too. I also read the translation for the video from 1theK. That completely blew me away.

Especially these lines "I couldn't tell you, but I loved you. Like a dream come true, like a miracle. If only I could run through time and grow up, I'd hold your hand in this crazy world"..."If only I could run through time and grow up, I'll hold your hand at the crossroads."(Yuju's last lines sounds very much like the story "The Girl who Leapt through Time")

I love their songs but Rough does it for me. I guess because when I was younger I was in a type of reversal situation.

Time for the Moon Night, for me personally, almost seems like a continuation of Rough. It's as if there has to be a "letting go" of a love that has never come into fruition. I've watched both videos back to back and read the translations, who knows, yeah. In a radio interview video clip, Yerin says something to the effect of "coming up with your own interpretations" but also says to watch the previous videos, hhhmmm. A mystery. I could go on but I will leave it here for now.

- Aloha