Green flower leaf

I- buddies and K-buddies

8 posts in this topic

Hello, 

So I recently started liking BTS and what surprised me was the relationship between their international fans and Korean fans. They get along well and even call each other I-lovelies and K-diamonds. this surprised me because the relationship between international fans and Korean fans in Kpop have been rocky. 

I wondered, How are I-buddies and K-buddies with each other? I'm  new in the fandom, so I still don't know everything about the fandom. Also is it possible for us to make our relationship stronger? We are called buddies after all. 

As an I-Buddy, I honestly do not know how the relationship is between us. I do know that the BTS fandom are pretty close with each other and to be quite honest, I don't know a single Korean Buddy since I'm so isolated over here in the States. Anything is possible if you try to reach that goal. I wouldn't mind seeing Korean and International Buddies being closer.

knIKYSW.jpg

As a whole, I can't say...But from what I hear, K-Buddies respect I-Buddies. In our experience here at GFS, we were fortunate enough to befriend K-Buddies from DC INSIDE GFRIEND GALLERY. Their projects for GFRIEND are truly top-notch. :) We were honored to have been a part of their GFRIEND 2nd Anniversary Project back in January 2017, and since then we have remained friends. They support us and we support them. 

One of the K-Buddies ( @skysky0520 ) translated our entire site in Korean and continues to help us. Others like @YujuHeroes and @Elliote(소원의정다움²) play major roles whenever we do projects for the girls. All of them, by the way, are also GFS staff members. :D We enjoy these experiences and have learned a lot from them. They work hard and are kind towards I-Buddies. I can't tell you enough how thankful and humble we are for their love and support.

We'd like very much to build on this special relationship between K-Buddies and I-Buddies. It's not only good for the fandom and GFRIEND, but it is a wonderful thing to connect with other people who share a common interest.

:gfs-smilie-buddies: :gfs-smilie-hwaiting:

My favorite thread when Kbuddies are being mentioned.. ^^ 

also this one when sowon mentioned GFS during mwave haha kbuddies were like we know them too..

pTexBdT.gifdo2VPg3.gif

새롭게 시작해 볼래 그리고                우릴 아프게 했던 시간들은 다시는 없을 거야 ~ 

Let’s start fresh, you and me                 Times that hurt us will never come back again 

As an I-buddy i noticed that,the bond between k and I buddies are not bad.They(we) actually helped each other for gfriend to achieve something,like being tandem.

Sent from my iPhone using GFSquad.com mobile app

At the very least there is no bad blood, from what I know. That might also be because Gfriend has a relatively small fandom (compared to other big names in Kpop) so there are less toxic fans. 

It seems like K-buddies and I-buddies don't really interact except when working for a goal (streaming/pressing hearts) or on a joint project. It makes sense though, because there is a language gap and we can't expect everyone to suddenly start learning languages left and right so that we can become closer. I would like for K-buddies and I-buddies to become closer, although I don't know if (or how) that will happen. 

I too don't know how this all works. As an I-Buddy, I am isolated to Seattle. All my interactions with K-Buddies have been either here or Gfriend's facebook pages. I am actually new to the whole Kpop scene, 4 years. Meaning, I never really followed a group as I do with Gfriend.

To me the Kpop industry is very interesting because there has been a divide between Korean fans and Internationals. This I really do not understand. Does there really need to be a divide? No. Music connects everyone to each other no matter where you're at in the world. I come from a totally different music scene and a few of my favourite bands come from Korea. In this scene(Hardcore), there is no distinction between who's who.  The band members in Noeazy appreciate the fact that I visit their page. I really hope that the fandoms of any Kpop group can get a long.

My cousin-in-law's girlfriend is a K-Buddy living here in the states. That's my one personal K-Buddy connection. This is how I see it. What makes the girls happy? Who makes the girls happy? Buddy. We should follow their lead. They are very thankful that  "we have gone to them". I-Buddies and K-Buddies, all. So we should treat each other the same, even if we can only communicate via this awesome site or the facebook pages dedicated to the girls. That's how I ended up here.

I actually am in a group from Italy called Gfriend Buddies. The adim. was actually in the group of Buddies in the group photo with the girls outside the Florian in Friends in the Adriactic Sea. In the photo on the show, he's the Buddy in blue in front of Yerin. There are K-Buddies in the group and they're awesome. We support each other. When they reply in Hangul, they translate it. I depend on those groups and everyone here because this is the only way that I'm connected.

The girls are happy when that get replies on their Vlive from I-Buddies. Again, let's treat each the same. Mahalo to the K-Buddies that put in the time and effort to bring the girls to us. Without them I never would have the opportunities to fall for these girls. We know each member through the efforts of the staff here at GFsquad.com.

Apologies if I may seem long winded but as an I-Buddy from another music scene, I've never understood the divide. This topic/thread has touched upon things that I was afraid to ask for fear of offended any Buddy.

Mahalo(thank you) I-Buddies and K-Buddies for letting me be apart of something I can truly support and believe in. From the KVHC, Gfriend everyday!!!

Now that the girls are going to debut in Japan, will there also be j-buddies along with k-buddies and i-buddies? Or are they still just all i-buddies?

I am good at making puppy noises - Eunha @ 18:15