Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Galaxy1004

article
[Translation | OSEN] GFRIEND's Umji, exclusive model for famous Japanese fashion magazine POPTEEN.. 'Wannabe Icon For Teens'

4 posts in this topic

Girl Group GFRIEND’s member Umji was selected as the exclusive model for a famous Japanese fashion magazine.

[OSEN = Sun Mikyung Reporter]

Source: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003748650

0003748650_001_20180330091108097.jpg.ced26f3207e190a187238643b3269fd1.jpg

GFRIEND’s agency Source Music said “GFRIEND’s Umji has been selected as the exclusive model for ‘POPTEEN’, a famous Japanese fashion magazine.  Umji will appear in ‘POPTEEN’ from June and become their exclusive model for the future."

‘POPTEEN’ is a leading Japanese teen fashion magazine and receives overwhelming support from Japanese teenagers.

Umji is the youngest in GFRIEND and is determined to show a fresh, bright and cute image that matches and synergises well with ‘POPTEEN’.

GFRIEND who is about to make their debut in Japan performed at the large scale festival ‘KIZUNA Festival’ at Tokyo Toyos Pit on the 29th as a pre-promotion activity.

‘Kizuna Festival’ is a large scale festival for Japanese youths hosted by ‘POPTEEN’.  They started with ‘Rough’ and ‘Navillera’ and also performed their Japanese debut track ‘今日から私たちは (Me Gustas Tu)’ which is the Japanese version of their song, receiving cheers from the fans.

In addition, there was huge interest in GFRIEND from Japanese teenage girls, and as expected, GFRIEND attracted even more attention by communicating in Japanese to the local fans.

0003748650_002_20180330091108112.jpg.9c12079808026919bc383bb036b95988.jpg

On the same day, ‘Kizuna Festival’ also officially announced Umji as ‘POPTEEN’s’ exclusive model.

After Umji becoming ‘POPTEEN’s’ exclusive model was announced, she was trending in portal site ‘Yahoo Japan’s’ real time search, becoming a hot topic even before debuting.

Earlier, GFRIEND finished their press conference and premium showcase on the 28th.  Local media outlets that attended the press conference and showcase showed great interest in reporting about GFRIEND’s advance into Japan.

GFRIEND will debut in Japan on May 23rd with their best debut album ‘今日から私たちは~ GFRIEND 1st BEST’.

rS2kPuN.gif

찬란하게 빛나던 시간이었다고 맑은 여름비처럼 고마웠었다고 - "It was a bright, shining moment.  Thanks for being a clear summer rain"

Twitter

awhilwqfhprq my baby getting noticed in Japan!I'm so proud!:u1:

6b22e9e57698cc24354f70f407a745f63a2d6ec3

I know it! she will be noticed someday. She deserve this and more

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DB using GFSquad.com mobile app

200w.gif

오랜 시간의 은하수 건너고 건너

Past the long Milky Way Cross and cross

:gfs-smilie-umji::shoutyewon:

5ibEtdd.gifH027EVu.gif