Green flower leaf

Why do people ship Suga and Umji ?

11 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, 

I just created an account on Gfsquad. Recently I got back into Kpop and man oh man, a lot of things have changed. 

Groups that I used to love have disbanded and a new generation of Idols group took over. One of the leading groups of this Generation is Gfriend. 

I just got into them and my bias is Umji. She's so cute and it isn't even forced cute ! 

This is my first post and of course, it is an topic involving Umji. I watched the smart family collaboration with BTS.

I must confess It was cringe worthy, but the comment section is darn funny and the song is catchy. 

In the comments section I saw the shipping couples. the ship Umji X Suga caught my eye, because I see a lot of people shipping them in the comments of Youtube. 

I wonder why, because I cannot find any interaction between them. 

I'm curious for your answer, so please reply :gfs-smilie-buddies: 

Thank you for reading this post :y1:

Edited by Green flower leaf
vague topic and question

Hello everyone, 
I just created an account on Gfsquad. Recently I got back into Kpop and man oh man, a lot of things have changed. 
Groups that I used to love have disbanded and a new generation of Idols group took over. One of the leading groups of this Generation is Gfriend. 
I just got into them and my bias is Umji. She's so cute and it isn't even forced cute ! 
This is my first post and of course, it is an topic involving Umji. I watched the smart family collaboration with BTS.
I must confess It was cringe worthy, but the comment section is darn funny and the song is catchy. 
In the comments section I saw the shipping couples. the ship Umji X Suga caught my eye, because I see a lot of people shipping them in the comments of Youtube. 

Welcome back [emoji16] and welcome buddy, perfect choice to stan Gfriend. One of the most talented girl group in this generation. Nice to meet you.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DB using GFSquad.com mobile app

200w.gif

오랜 시간의 은하수 건너고 건너

Past the long Milky Way Cross and cross

Hello everyone, 

You won't regret getting into them[emoji4]

Sent from my [device_name] using http://GFSquad.com mobile app

Hello everyone, 

@galaxyeunha, @FedSheep Thank you so much for welcoming me here. May I ask if you also ship Sumji? 

I'm not really into them, because I don't really know bts and Suga (though they are hella popular with international fans). I don't ship Umji with anyone actually haha, but I just find this fascinating because she's my bias. 

10 minutes ago, Green flower leaf said:

Hello everyone, 

@galaxyeunha, @FedSheep Thank you so much for welcoming me here. May I ask if you also ship Sumji? 

I'm not really into them, because I don't really know bts and Suga (though they are hella popular with international fans). I don't ship Umji with anyone actually haha, but I just find this fascinating because she's my bias. 

As you can see in my profpict, my bias is Eunha hahaha:gfs-smilie-eunha:but i love all Gfriend member.

I never hear Sumji, but what i always hear is Eunkook (i don't ship any of them too, i barely now BTS as well). What i know is Eunha and SinB is BigHit (BTS label company) trainee before debut with Gfriend. BigHit and Source Music (Gfriend label company) are very close to each other because both of the CEO are bestfriend. They even have one of their office in the same buliding, use same music studio, and share choreographer.

200w.gif

오랜 시간의 은하수 건너고 건너

Past the long Milky Way Cross and cross

i agree umji is absolutely adorable. shes definitely matured a lot since debut but shes still cute without doing any aegyo

i dont ship umji with suga romantically, but thats mainly cos i dont ship umji romantically with anyone. yes shes matured but i still see her as everyone's little sister or adorable best friend. so if i was gonna ship umji and suga it would only be in a friendly or sibling like manner.

@temereani, I agree she has this cute charm too her. Can you ship a couple in a sibling manner though? I thought the act of shipping was strictly romantic. Anyhow, Suga and Umji would make a cool sibling couple. 

But, this is a sumji thread. So where are all my sumji shippers at? are there any here lol !? 

4 hours ago, Green flower leaf said:

@temereani, I agree she has this cute charm too her. Can you ship a couple in a sibling manner though? I thought the act of shipping was strictly romantic. Anyhow, Suga and Umji would make a cool sibling couple. 

But, this is a sumji thread. So where are all my sumji shippers at? are there any here lol !? 

yeah you can ship a couple in a sibling manner but its not common.
shipping is literally liking the idea or image of two characters being in a relationship, doesnt strictly have to been a romantic one but it usually is in most cases

On 14-3-2018 at 6:53 AM, temereani said:

yeah you can ship a couple in a sibling manner but its not common.
shipping is literally liking the idea or image of two characters being in a relationship, doesnt strictly have to been a romantic one but it usually is in most cases

really? I always thought that it was for romantic pairings only hahah. 

This is irrelevant to the topic of the thread, but I just HAVE TO talk about it. In the family song with Bts, there was a part with Umji and Rap monster. The Fa father, m mother, ILY  I love you part. RM was rapping and Umji was kind of responding to him. After hearing that section, I always end up in a fit of laughter. It's as if a big brother is playing with his little sister and he's tired of playing with her. LOL 

The contrasts of their voices only makes this more apparent to me hahaha. 

Did you have the same reaction @temereani ?

2 hours ago, Green flower leaf said:

really? I always thought that it was for romantic pairings only hahah. 

This is irrelevant to the topic of the thread, but I just HAVE TO talk about it. In the family song with Bts, there was a part with Umji and Rap monster. The Fa father, m mother, ILY  I love you part. RM was rapping and Umji was kind of responding to him. After hearing that section, I always end up in a fit of laughter. It's as if a big brother is playing with his little sister and he's tired of playing with her. LOL 

The contrasts of their voices only makes this more apparent to me hahaha. 

Did you have the same reaction @temereani ?

yeah kinda, a lot of the song made me laugh cos i found the whole thing pretty cringey and not at all what expected of a bts and gfriend collab. i do think of most of the bts members (except jungkook cos theyre so close in age) being like umjis older brothers who wanna protect and play with her though

1 hour ago, temereani said:

yeah kinda, a lot of the song made me laugh cos i found the whole thing pretty cringey and not at all what expected of a bts and gfriend collab. i do think of most of the bts members (except jungkook cos theyre so close in age) being like umjis older brothers who wanna protect and play with her though

hahaha true, have you seen the youtube video where idols were reacting to Umji's cuteness? Wonder girls' yubin, twice and hong jin young were in it. They were all smiling when she talked. I guess that's her affect on people.