sowonnie

What other music are you into other than Gfriend?

96 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, GuardianOfTheGalaxy said:

Prog is a kind of an ambiguous label, I find, since it isn't defined by the sound of the music so much as it is by the properties of the songs, and what it is/is not. But thanks for the historical perspective, these are musical movements that occurred long before my time so I can only look in retrospect.

Yes it is. That's the best thing about it though. Music evolves. A musician can music from any genre and make it their own.

For example, GFriend.

They're taking a style of music that people like and really are doing it their own way. They are K-Pop girl group with some hard hitting songs...and all that energy coming out from those little bodies. Crazy. Guitar riffs and awesome choreo. That is what caught me musically.

2 minutes ago, alohachingu said:

I've heard of them but never really got too much into them. I guess because GFriend is my bias but I do want to see what's out there beyond seeing all these idols on Running Man. They may have not caught my ear yet, yet but they are funny on Running Man. Thank you. I check them out too.

I wanted to listen to someone other than SNSD and found GFriend because of Yerin.

yeah most of k-pop songs is kind of a grower..i also rarely liked a song on first hear..since k-pop,like all pop music in general tend to sound really generic

dYlbMNL.gif

~The Love I Envy,Please don't Let me Down~ -Navillera:0:51-

I don't listen to all that much kpop. I mainly only get interested in groups for their dancing, but I do like Gfriend, Mamamoo, Ailee, and Bangtan a whole bunch.

Outside of kpop? Lots of experimental music. I like Swans, Animal Collective, Clipping, Flying Lotus, Death Grips. Have a soft spot for drone metal, esp Sunn O))), Earth, and Keiji Haino. Really into Run The Jewels and Kendrick. Obviously some classics as well - Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins, Black Flag, The Stone Roses, Bowie, Misfits, Floyd

"the b in sinb stands for bisexual" - genesis 1:27

tumblr_o9u2q4REq81vzap4bo1_400.gif

K-Pop: SNSD, SNSD - TTS, KARA, Wonder Girls, After School, T-ARA, miss A, Orange Caramel, IU, Hello Venus, BoA, Twice, Apink, Fiestar, f(x), 4Minute, AOA, Nine Muse, BESTie, Brown Eyed Girls, Dalshabet, EXID, Girl's Day, Oh My Girl, Secret, SISTAR, Rainbow, Red Velvet, Cheercoke, Taeyeon (SNSD), Tiffany (SNSD), Jessica (Former SNSD), Jiyeon (T-ARA), Hyomin (T-ARA), Eunji (Apink), Miha (Girl's Day), Amber (f(x)), Luna (f(x)), Hyoseung (Secret), Jieun (Secret), Super Junior, H.O.T, Shinwa, Turbo, EXO, GOT7, SHINee, Taemin (SHINee), B1A4, CNBLUE, Big Bang

J-Pop: AKB48, SKE48, NMB48, HKT48, NGT48, Nogizaka 46, Flower, Dream, Happiness, E-Girls. Yui, AAA, Golden Bomber, Nishino Kana, Passpo, Momoiro Clover Z, Berryz Koubo, Morning Musume, T.M. Revloution, Mizuki Nana, Lisa, Aoi Eir, Ikimonogakari, Gacket, Arashi, SMAP, SCANDAL,L'Arc-en-Ciel, UverWorld, Flow, Matsumoto Rika

5 hours ago, Snowflake said:

I don't listen to all that much kpop. I mainly only get interested in groups for their dancing, but I do like Gfriend, Mamamoo, Ailee, and Bangtan a whole bunch.

Outside of kpop? Lots of experimental music. I like Swans, Animal Collective, Clipping, Flying Lotus, Death Grips. Have a soft spot for drone metal, esp Sunn O))), Earth, and Keiji Haino. Really into Run The Jewels and Kendrick. Obviously some classics as well - Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins, Black Flag, The Stone Roses, Bowie, Misfits, Floyd

You said Swans...like "God Damn the Sun" Swans?

10 hours ago, alohachingu said:

You said Swans...like "God Damn the Sun" Swans?

Yes! I'm more of a Soundtracks For The Blind kind of girl myself

"the b in sinb stands for bisexual" - genesis 1:27

tumblr_o9u2q4REq81vzap4bo1_400.gif

16 hours ago, Snowflake said:

My brother is a big fan of Swans, he saw them the other night in Toronto actually

+1 for Radiohead and Smashing Pumpkins

Gfriend is like the only group I never regret to spend my money to buy their albums and stuffs :) 

BTS, A-Pink, Mamamoo, Red Velvet, Winner (I always listen to them but not as a hardcore fan I guess) I used to love After School( now that they can't have a comeback..:()

Taylor Swift ( her albums worth my time),The Chainsmokers ( I have a lot actually =,=) Pop, country, EDM for Apop

Japanese, I love their bands, hardcore fan of Scandal and Babymetal, anyone? I love Kana Nishino too.

usually, I don't really like korean songs that is too americanized......(yeah mostly from SM company) 

Right now is Show Me the Money, J-Pop (usually from animu ost).. girl's day long time ago before they... (u can guest i think)

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, Snowflake said:

Yes! I'm more of a Soundtracks For The Blind kind of girl myself

Ah, got it. There are not to many people that mention them nowadays.:)

Well...

Kpop: Super junior | 2NE1 | BIGBANG | Winner

^ I'm a biggest fan but I listen to 4Minute and SNSD and AOA and SHINee also EXO..

POP: Justin Bieber | SIA | Twenty One Pilots | Fall out boy | Taylor Swift | Skrillex | Green day

- but I love katy perry and Rihanna and Selena and Demi and Miley too, Like I love listening to them

My first love is Super Junior. They were the ones who brought me to KPOP world (7 years as an ELF here :D) I also follow APink and Red Velvet. I like SNSD songs but I never considered myself as a SONE. (hahaha). Plus, I'm also a TSwift fan :)

2n2075z.jpg

Kpop:

Apink - they are my ultimate group, and my ultimate bias is Hayoung. Yep, i'm a Panda.

Twice - i don't like the entire group, i'm more like a Tzuyu akgae stan but i know about the group more than a lot of Onces lol

and others girl groups that i'm not that into but i enjoy their songs

International:

Marina and the Diamonds - i'm a Diamond(how her fans are called) and i enjoy her entire discography. By far my favorite non-kpop singer

Melanie Martinez - i really like her and her songs. Probably my second favorite non-kpop singer(i dont like to rank after 1st position tbh)

Carly Rae Jepsen - her songs are really good i like them all

Lana Del Rey - i love her and her songs

Troye Sivan - i don't really follow him, but i appreciate his songs

19 minutes ago, Diamond said:

Kpop:

Apink - they are my ultimate group, and my ultimate bias is Hayoung. Yep, i'm a Panda.

Twice - i don't like the entire group, i'm more like a Tzuyu akgae stan but i know about the group more than a lot of Onces lol

and others girl groups that i'm not that into but i enjoy their songs

International:

Marina and the Diamonds - i'm a Diamond(how her fans are called) and i enjoy her entire discography. By far my favorite non-kpop singer

Melanie Martinez - i really like her and her songs. Probably my second favorite non-kpop singer(i dont like to rank after 1st position tbh)

Carly Rae Jepsen - her songs are really good i like them all

Lana Del Rey - i love her and her songs

Troye Sivan - i don't really follow him, but i appreciate his songs

Also a Panda and Hayoung-biased here🙌

gfriend is my number 1 group of course but other groups in kpop i listen to are seventeen, mamamoo, snsd (taeyeon+jessica solo included), red velvet, lovelyz, and akmu. for outside of kpop i listen to nightcore

I listen to: Gfriend, Goose House, Joe Hisaishi, "J-pop" (actually mostly anime related music lol not sorry), Christian music (both English and Chinese ^.^) and Disney songs. Lol. All kinda random. I haven't really found anything else that I like, and I like just putting a (few) song(s) on repeat for ages. xD 

From the list, you might realise I actually don't really listen to Kpop. GFriend is the exception :P I do have songs that I really like from other groups though, but as a whole I don't actually listen to Kpop that much. They're all pretty recent music though, since I only got into "Kpop" since finding GFriend  (last year).

Other than GFriend, I love love love Goose House (they're Japanese~). You can find them on YouTube :)  Their harmonies are always really good, they all play heaps of instruments and you can see that they have lots of fun playing music and singing together so it's always lovely to watch them ^^ They cover lots of songs too (in Japanese though, of course :P ). My favourite songs by them (original) would be 光るなら, オトノナルホウへ→ and Sing! I'd definitely recommend searching them up if you're bored one day ^.^

8Hwt9x.gif8SqYLK.gif

Spoiler

RASCAL FLATTS X RASCAL FLATTS

On 7/21/2016 at 3:12 PM, Hana said:

I listen to: Gfriend, Goose House, Joe Hisaishi, "J-pop" (actually mostly anime related music lol not sorry), Christian music (both English and Chinese ^.^) and Disney songs. Lol. All kinda random. I haven't really found anything else that I like, and I like just putting a (few) song(s) on repeat for ages. xD 

From the list, you might realise I actually don't really listen to Kpop. GFriend is the exception :P I do have songs that I really like from other groups though, but as a whole I don't actually listen to Kpop that much. They're all pretty recent music though, since I only got into "Kpop" since finding GFriend  (last year).

Other than GFriend, I love love love Goose House (they're Japanese~). You can find them on YouTube :)  Their harmonies are always really good, they all play heaps of instruments and you can see that they have lots of fun playing music and singing together so it's always lovely to watch them ^^ They cover lots of songs too (in Japanese though, of course :P ). My favourite songs by them (original) would be 光るなら, オトノナルホウへ→ and Sing! I'd definitely recommend searching them up if you're bored one day ^.^

Yay for Goose House! :umjilove:Loved Oto no naru hou e, too along with Hikaru Nara (bc of Shigatsu, yes HAHA). Though my all-time favorite is Sedan Girl. And yeaaa the harmony of Sing! I love that feeling of listening to various tracks from the different Phrases when I just want some good sounds. 

Spoiler

Sorry I just really love it when I'm talking about GH haha!

Joe Hisaishi, too? Sweet! I'm also a big fan of his works. I still get goosebumps on watching the Studio Ghibli 25 years concert where he conducted the whole thing :sowonnice:

Yuju.png.fcca76aa877ba62941b60d8a0d0b6e29.png

괜찮은 느낌 이 떨림 나도 몰래 우연히 봄

13 minutes ago, Acey said:

Yay for Goose House! :umjilove:Loved Oto no naru hou e, too along with Hikaru Nara (bc of Shigatsu, yes HAHA). Though my all-time favorite is Sedan Girl. And yeaaa the harmony of Sing! I love that feeling of listening to various tracks from the different Phrases when I just want some good sounds. 

Reveal hidden contents

Sorry I just really love it when I'm talking about GH haha!

Joe Hisaishi, too? Sweet! I'm also a big fan of his works. I still get goosebumps on watching the Studio Ghibli 25 years concert where he conducted the whole thing :sowonnice:

Aaaaaaaahhh yesss 😄 Hikaru Nara (aka Shigatsu) is literally THE reason I listen to Goose House now o3o Their songs... Too good to describe xD

Also this is awesome because I actually don't know anyone (RL and online) who also listens to GH xD

Oh yes that Studio Ghibli 25 year concert is so good!  There's nothing like Joe Hisaishi :D His music is my go-to study music :'D I found jazz studio Ghibli covers recently on YouTube which I've been listening to (definitely recommend, I'll give a link when Im not on mobile or  you can search it up :P). All his pieces are so goooood :3

8Hwt9x.gif8SqYLK.gif

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Hana said:

Aaaaaaaahhh yesss 😄 Hikaru Nara (aka Shigatsu) is literally THE reason I listen to Goose House now o3o Their songs... Too good to describe xD

Also this is awesome because I actually don't know anyone (RL and online) who also listens to GH xD

Oh yes that Studio Ghibli 25 year concert is so good!  There's nothing like Joe Hisaishi :D His music is my go-to study music :'D I found jazz studio Ghibli covers recently on YouTube which I've been listening to (definitely recommend, I'll give a link when Im not on mobile or  you can search it up :P). All his pieces are so goooood :3

:Yes: the Ghibli Jazz album (I think this is what you're talking about haha)!!! I have it on my phone, that's my playlist when relaxing or studying. Sure fire jazz hits, very pleasing.

I like your taste in music, awesome! 

괜찮은 느낌 이 떨림 나도 몰래 우연히 봄

Currently jamming to this. (Actually there's the official channel for the MV but only short version). If you guys love Rock and Japanese music, maybe this can be added into your list

rr04dtF.jpgafj8s6G.jpg
yqku7a4.jpgU2405kT.jpg

IU,Mamamoo,Red velvet.

KPOP-

RV, Lovelyz, WJSN

and i'm also really into Lil Yachty atm

Other than gfriend... well there's BTS, Vixx, ASTRO, Apink for Kpop

For English, there's Coldplay, Alan Walker, Alesso, Avicii and more EDM songs thought i dont dance xD 

Been indulged in these tracks lately. I love listening to it, as the rain here in my country is pretty strong.

괜찮은 느낌 이 떨림 나도 몰래 우연히 봄