sowonnie

What other music are you into other than Gfriend?

96 posts in this topic

EXO and Gfriend are the only groups that I stan but I like lovelyz, apink, wonder girls, exid. Non kpop I like Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift and Little Mix. Most of the time I listen to latin rock/pop

Edited by killua

Godsmack

BTS, f(x), Dean, G.Soul, Zico, Crush, Ariana Grande, Selena Gomez, Lana Del Rey, ect 😁

On July 6, 2016 at 4:25 AM, alohachingu said:

Ooohhh...interesting because K-Pop to me is just GFriend. I haven't really found anyone else except for SNSD. I do like them but it's just something about these girls. Though I am aware of the other groups. Just can't find anyone like them.

I am coming from a totally different genre(s) of music. Hardcore, Punk Rock, Metal and anything in between those to genres. Then there's Hawaiian music and some world music.

super into punk rock. what are some of your fav bands?? 

my music taste is all over the place. for kpop it's snsd, gfriend (obvs) red velvet, aoa, apink, fiestar, Taemin, iu, f(x)..basically 99% of girl groups i can bop to.

i recently started getting into more k-indie (?) bands like the black skirts and hyokuh. 

outside of kpop it's mostly alternative bands like pmore, fob, tigers jaw, 21 pilots. 

From Kpop area, I love GFriend (well..), and I like listening to Seventeen too.

Outside Kpop, mostly japanese music, from YUI, UVERworld, some Vocaloid cover singers like Glutamine, Hanatan, Rib, Itou Kashitarou, and also some Japanese Dance Music (Jpanese style EDM), a genre that often there in your favourite rythm arcade games like Dance Dance Revolution, BeatMania, Drumania, and so on.

Some vids of my playlists

Spoiler

rr04dtF.jpgafj8s6G.jpg
yqku7a4.jpgU2405kT.jpg

2 hours ago, seorceryy said:

super into punk rock. what are some of your fav bands?? 

Old school hardcore etc. These are some of the bands that my band opened up for: Social Distortion, The [beep!]s, The Vandals(1986), Agent Orange. There's so many. Bands like Agnostic Front, Cro-Mags, Bad Brains, Earth Crisis, Born From Pain, Throwdown, 100 Demons, Wisdom in Chains Bonecrusher, Dropkick Murphys etc.

It starts off from old school hardcore to the heavier stuff. I was an old school skater. Skated with Tony Hawks old crew and the rest of the skate crews from all over. We'd have free punk & skate shows. Whenever they were in town everyone would just hang out and skate.

Here's a list of Korean bands: 13 Steps, Noeazy, Ninesin, No Excuse, TerrorMight.

All the big bands that come/go through Hawai'i hang out with my crew. Hawaii has always had an underground scene from the 80's. Bands travel through there between east and west.

We're big on Reggae and a lot of Ska bands stop there too. I've never paid for a show because I've was on the guess list a lot. It was pretty being in a band.

Sorry about the lengthy reply. Just excited to see another Buddies with similar musical interest.

My music taste is so diverse I sometimes feel like I am already confusing the heck out of my friends irl whenever they check my phone's playlist.

In Kpop, I listen to girl groups like GFriend (ofc), Sonamoo, Laboum, Oh My Girl, f(x), Red Velvet, 9Muses, Wonder Girls, SNSD, 2NE1, Crayon Pop, T-ara, KARA, and Lovelyz, among many others. I'm not into boy groups that much, I only like SHINee's, B1A4's, and Seventeen's songs. I also listen to IU (I love her), K-indie artists like Humming Urban Stereo, Standing Egg, Urban Zakapa, and Yozoh. I also like Kisum's and Dean's songs.

I'm not into Jpop but I really love Faky, FEMM, and Scandal. They're like a breathe of fresh air bc Japanese music scene is usually focused on girl groups and boy bands who do somewhat similar concepts.

I listen to Western music too. I love the songs of Stromae, Adele, The 1975, Fall Out Boy, The Kooks, Yelle, Caravan Palace, Daft Punk, LCD Soundsystem, Halsey, Troye Sivan, and Katy Perry. But tbh, my music preference is a really long list of different bands/groups/soloist from different countries.

20 hours ago, alohachingu said:

Sorry about the lengthy reply. Just excited to see another Buddies with similar musical interest.

oh my god. you have got to be the coolest Buddie ever lmfaoo 

deff checking those bands out !! nice to see a lot of us aren't into just kpop ^^

2 hours ago, burritoninja said:

My music taste is so diverse I sometimes feel like I am already confusing the heck out of my friends irl whenever they check my phone's playlist.

In Kpop, I listen to girl groups like GFriend (ofc), Sonamoo, Laboum, Oh My Girl, f(x), Red Velvet, 9Muses, Wonder Girls, SNSD, 2NE1, Crayon Pop, T-ara, KARA, and Lovelyz, among many others. I'm not into boy groups that much, I only like SHINee's, B1A4's, and Seventeen's songs. I also listen to IU (I love her), K-indie artists like Humming Urban Stereo, Standing Egg, Urban Zakapa, and Yozoh. I also like Kisum's and Dean's songs.

I'm not into Jpop but I really love Faky, FEMM, and Scandal. They're like a breathe of fresh air bc Japanese music scene is usually focused on girl groups and boy bands who do somewhat similar concepts.

I listen to Western music too. I love the songs of Stromae, Adele, The 1975, Fall Out Boy, The Kooks, Yelle, Caravan Palace, Daft Punk, LCD Soundsystem, Halsey, Troye Sivan, and Katy Perry. But tbh, my music preference is a really long list of different bands/groups/soloist from different countries.

Wow your Kpop taste is kind of similar to me, wide range, more into gg than bg and love IU :x 

My first bias in Kpop is SHINee (Ring Ding Dong era), and then FT Island, f(x), OC, AKMU, RV, GF (of course), April and recently I'm into Astro. But I listen to any group as long as their songs suit my taste so the list in my phone is quite long. I also listen to soloist like IU, Juniel, J-min, Seo In Young, Lee Seung Hwan, Bily Acoustie, etc. I don't really follow Jmusic just listen to some of the idols' songs but I like YUI, Miwa, Greeeen, Namie Amuro and Kyary Pamyu Pamyu. For both K and J music I like the OSTs, no matter who sings them :D. I'm not into Western music nowadays even though I used to be crazy about Boyzone and Westlife when I was in elementary school :D but I think I still know quite a lot through my friends  

All these people into Shinee :x:x:x 

For kpop im really intooo

• Shinee :x:x:x:x:x 
  • Gfriend (Obviously)
  • SNSD (Jessica included)
  • f(x) (especially Luna)
  • Akdong Musician

rest of boring stuff in spoiler ;) 

Spoiler

im really into red velvets music, know all the members and have all their cds but i havent gone any further than that, so i dont really call myself a stan of them, just a casual fan. i also like iu, boa, baek ayeon, gugudan, cocosori, some suju, a little bit of 2ne1 and mamamoo, but i mainly just listen to the music of them :D

k-indie i like linus' blanket and oohyo

For a lot of other music i really just listen to bits and pieces of stuff i find on random playlists i find, and i like tons of different genres..but I like dami im, yuna (check her out, shes really good), melanie martinez, marina and the diamonds, gorillaz, vanessa carlton, weezer, eva cassidy, old avril lavinge and simple plan

My favourite english speaking band is Barenaked Ladies! Funny, smart, sometimes emotional lyrics, catchy and awesome melodies, and its easy to harmonise to (they're how i learned to automatically harmonise as a singer) so they are my favourite :x 

I also listen to musicals as a musical fan :D im into hairspray atm bc im playing penny in a production.

rUfMuFW.pngsowonnie-s_zpsmw8tfy3j.png&key=9c70ae46f

♡ rest in peace ♡

23 hours ago, seorceryy said:

oh my god. you have got to be the coolest Buddie ever lmfaoo 

deff checking those bands out !! nice to see a lot of us aren't into just kpop ^^

I grew up playing music when I 6 years old. I exposed to everything. I listen to what moves me the most. GFriend is my feel good music. I have music that I listen for every emotion. You need to. It helps you deal. It keeps you sane...even though these girls drive me nuts. This album is going to be crazy. Too bad I am not currently playing or else I'd totally do a cover. My friends did a punk cover of Madonna's "Burning Up For You Love" in '84. Crazy. These girls have heavy riffs for K-Pop. Heavier pop-punk covers could be done for sure.

Apink were my super TOP group before I discovered Gfriend. Bomi still being my ultimate ULTIMATE bias. Now after Apink's (pretty) long hiatus, not in the scene much etc., Gfriend eventually took over and stole my heart <3.

I still really love Apink, just really impatient for their comeback. Like jesus, Gfriend has had two comebacks already and they still haven't had theirs.

COsDBpd.gifAR5jPd6.gif

credit to ASquirtle and KingofKpop :3

for k-pop i listened to almost all girl groups and a handful of male soloist

outside of k-pop i listened to many other genre but mainly around j-pop,j-rock and a little bit of symphonic,prog,thrash,and death metal

dYlbMNL.gif

~The Love I Envy,Please don't Let me Down~ -Navillera:0:51-

6 minutes ago, Yujuism said:

outside of k-pop i listened to many other genre but mainly around j-pop,j-rock and a little bit of symphonic,prog,thrash,and death metal

You said Thrash and Death Metal. Symphonic too. That caught my eyes. Awesome.

9 minutes ago, Yujuism said:

Prog? Do you like Porcupine Tree?

8 minutes ago, alohachingu said:

You said Thrash and Death Metal. Symphonic too. That caught my eyes. Awesome.

aww thank you...i am one of those guys that disliked kpop at first 

but i ended up liking it and occasionally play kpop songs to annoyed the hell out of my metal enthusiast friends :D

Edited by Yujuism

dYlbMNL.gif

4 minutes ago, GuardianOfTheGalaxy said:

Prog? Do you like Porcupine Tree?

OKAY STOP!!! Yes, I definitely have and I love The Sundays. Hooverphonic.  The Smiths. Throwing Muses. Lush. Love Spirals Downward etc. All the good Prog groups came out when I was 16 years old...yeah, I guess I'm old, huh?

3 minutes ago, Yujuism said:

aww thank you...i am one of those guys that disliked kpop at first 

but i ended up liking it and occasionally play kpop songs to annoyed the hell out of my metal enthusiast friends :D

I have you heard Remnants of the Fallen or TerrorMight? They are Korean Hardcore/Metal bands. If you haven't check them out. Tell me what you think. GFriend is the only K-Pop group that I listen to. I haven't found anyone else yet that catches my ear but I do hear them on variety shows etc.

5 minutes ago, alohachingu said:

OKAY STOP!!! Yes, I definitely have and I love The Sundays. Hooverphonic.  The Smiths. Throwing Muses. Lush. Love Spirals Downward etc. All the good Prog groups came out when I was 16 years old...yeah, I guess I'm old, huh?

Your list is quite expansive, I personally haven't heard of any of those besides The Smiths but I never thought of them as prog... xD

I might as well list a few of my favourites, besides PT: Opeth, Animals as Leaders, Ne Obliviscaris, Be'lakor, Moonsorrow, Windir, Agalloch, Insomnium, Arcturus...

Currently spinning Animals as Leaders almost constantly these days, though. They're so imaginative, no two songs are the same. But all of them are impressive displays of technical skill and songwriting.

Edited by GuardianOfTheGalaxy

Just now, GuardianOfTheGalaxy said:

Your list is quite expansive, I personally haven't heard of any of those besides The Smiths but I never thought of them as prog... xD

I might as well list a few of my favourites, besides PT: Opeth, Animals as Leaders, Ne Obliviscaris, Be'lakor, Moonsorrow, Windir, Agalloch, Insomnium...

Back then it was hard to place these groups because a lot of punk rockers listened to them as well. A lot of them really have ties to the punk scene in England. Back then anything that was not pop was punk but not heavy enough to consider "rock-n-roll". So they were labeled as progressive. At the same time when Porcupine Tree came and other bands like them they were being labeled as progressive. So how I see progressive is from this perspective, that blurry line between between genres. An older view i.e; The Smiths to Porcupine Tree, which I think is more accurate. Basically, it became a genre that a wide variety of band were labeled under. Yeah, I'm screwed up.

I do like your list.

2 minutes ago, alohachingu said:

Back then it was hard to place these groups because a lot of punk rockers listened to them as well. A lot of them really have ties to the punk scene in England. Back then anything that was not pop was punk but not heavy enough to consider "rock-n-roll". So they were labeled as progressive. At the same time when Porcupine Tree came and other bands like them they were being labeled as progressive. So how I see progressive is from this perspective, that blurry line between between genres. An older view i.e; The Smiths to Porcupine Tree, which I think is more accurate. Basically, it became a genre that a wide variety of band were labeled under. Yeah, I'm screwed up.

I do like your list.

Prog is a kind of an ambiguous label, I find, since it isn't defined by the sound of the music so much as it is by the properties of the songs, and what it is/is not. But thanks for the historical perspective, these are musical movements that occurred long before my time so I can only look in retrospect.

7 minutes ago, alohachingu said:

I have you heard Remnants of the Fallen or TerrorMight? They are Korean Hardcore/Metal bands. If you haven't check them out. Tell me what you think. GFriend is the only K-Pop group that I listen to. I haven't found anyone else yet that catches my ear but I do hear them on variety shows etc.

i have heard ROTF and TM...when i heard them for the first time,thought they were swedish from the sound they make..lol. 

hmm as for k-pop girl group i want to recommend After school and mamamoo for starters. and if you like male ballad vocal group Noel is the best :D

dYlbMNL.gif

21 minutes ago, GuardianOfTheGalaxy said:

I might as well list a few of my favourites, besides PT: Opeth, Animals as Leaders, Ne Obliviscaris, Be'lakor, Moonsorrow, Windir, Agalloch, Insomnium, Arcturus...

Currently spinning Animals as Leaders almost constantly these days, though. They're so imaginative, no two songs are the same. But all of them are impressive displays of technical skill and songwriting.

I used to work with this one cat who would play Animals as Leaders all the time.

2 minutes ago, Yujuism said:

i have heard ROTF and TM...when i heard them for the first time,thought they were swedish from the sound they make..lol. 

hmm as for k-pop girl group i want to recommend After school and mamamoo for starters. and if you like male ballad vocal group Noel is the best :D

I've heard of them but never really got too much into them. I guess because GFriend is my bias but I do want to see what's out there beyond seeing all these idols on Running Man. They may have not caught my ear yet, yet but they are funny on Running Man. Thank you. I check them out too.

I wanted to listen to someone other than SNSD and found GFriend because of Yerin.