sowonnie

What other music are you into other than Gfriend?

96 posts in this topic

What other bands/singers are you into other than Gfriend? Post about them here! (Fangirl/boy about them too if you want, because i'm nosy and i wanna know what people like ;) ) Obviously not just kpop! It can be any music you like :D

Maybe you'll find a buddy who likes the same music as you!

Also, only positivity please, no hating on other people's tastes and interests! :D

I'll add to this later but my absolute favourite band apart from Gfriend is SHINee <3 <3 <3 :D

rUfMuFW.pngsowonnie-s_zpsmw8tfy3j.png&key=9c70ae46f

♡ rest in peace ♡

yas i love SHINee too! I love select songs from a lot of groups/artists but the main groups I support(by voting for them/streaming/ buying physical and digital) in K-POP besides Gfriend is

Oh My Girl and BTS

Other groups I love for their discography but dont really buy physical albums are

EXO,SHINee,SNSD,F(x),SEVENTEEN and Red Velvet.

I listen to a bit of J-POP too and my favorite artists are

MiSIA, Che'nelle and BRADIO

For western music there's way too many but im addicted to this song recently

My favorite vocalist is Sohyang 

Edited by YujuYujuYuju

Ooohhh...interesting because K-Pop to me is just GFriend. I haven't really found anyone else except for SNSD. I do like them but it's just something about these girls. Though I am aware of the other groups. Just can't find anyone like them.

I am coming from a totally different genre(s) of music. Hardcore, Punk Rock, Metal and anything in between those to genres. Then there's Hawaiian music and some world music.

SNSD, APink, WJSN, Red Velvet, Mamamoo and Gfriend (of course) are my very top groups.

I also like Lovelyz, BAP, Block B, Oh My Girls, f(x).

bx5bhbU.gif

"I'm not innocent" - Eunha, 2016

14 minutes ago, sowonnie said:

What other bands/singers are you into other than Gfriend? Post about them here! (Fangirl/boy about them too if you want, because i'm nosy and i wanna know what people like ;) ) Obviously not just kpop! It can be any music you like :D

Maybe you'll find a buddy who likes the same music as you!

Also, only positivity please, no hating on other people's tastes and interests! :D

I'll add to this later but my absolute favourite band apart from Gfriend is SHINee <3 <3 <3 :D

You're not being nosy and thank you for letting me express this.

Other than GFRIEND...

SNSD, I.O.I, a bit of Red Velvet, Twice (really hard when fanwar between onces and buddies rises :(), and BTS :x (the only boy group i stan :D

bWbaWot.gif?1

SNSD, KARA, APINK, IU, MISS A and EXID

I Edited this Signature 

untitled_1_by_rontaku-da8ghl3.jpg  untitled_4_by_rontaku-da8gr9m.jpg

Hoping to see some music-taste-mutuals here haha!

K-POP wise, aside from GFriend, I jam Red Velvet and Mamamoo. Though I listen to almost every other groups and artists like BigBang, Mad Clown, or any other rap acts.

Aside from KPOP, I jam to these, too:

Spoiler

From the fact that I know more Japanese than Korean haha

Also, I listen to some kind of music like this:

Spoiler

And finally, these, too. My first love haha

Yuju.png.fcca76aa877ba62941b60d8a0d0b6e29.png

괜찮은 느낌 이 떨림 나도 몰래 우연히 봄

Other than GFriend, I really like SNSD, Oh My Girl, Mamamoo and Ailee! 

Outside of Kpop, I listen to groups like Celtic Woman, The High Kings, Little Mix and Set It Off.

For vocalists, I like Sohyang, Dami Im and Halsey. :)

There are many more out there, but I don't want to make too long a post. :P 

In Kpop Gfriend and Stellar and thats it.

In another genres I usually like Britpop, Punk Rock, and Alternative Rock....yes I know, nothing like Kpop, but thats how special are my 2 favorite groups

Oh I really love music especially alternative pop and EDM

Melanie Martinez is very good and her songs are right up my music alley. 

Panic! At The Disco is nice too. Tbh, I don't have a specific genre . I like good songs.

Spoiler

i like electro house (the edm SM is pushing rn) it is very unique and nice to listen to. 

자꾸만 내 맘 그대가 계속 번져요; my love for you keeps spreading, little by little

Beast and Apink were my first love in kpop. Seventeen is my current love. 

But mostly, I've been listening to jpop, 48g and Nogizaka46 lately because less drama tbh

nwwagZG.gifX9Vq7yh.gif

Twice and Lovelyz :)

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

mostly red velvet, nine muses, exid... :D

BTS, GOT7, 2NE1 and SNSD

ml5qjb.png
Hwang Eunbi stan 

K-Pop: SNSD, Apink, D-Unit, Sistar, T-ara, Bestie, Wonder Girls, Big Bang, Vixx, EXO, SuJu, and probably a dozen other groups I'm forgetting atm.

Non K-pop: Shorter to just name genres because its alot... 90s hip-hip, 60s/70s classic rock, blues, modern rock in most forms, hardcore, some metal here and there, western pop, R&B, some modern rap. Music is always being played in my house. We're a family of music enthusiasts and I play a couple instruments myself so I'll listen to anything once.

Lovelyz and Oh My Girl :)

I also like Mamamoo, Apink, Red Velvet but i dont follow them, just some songs :3

Kpop: I'll listen to most stuff that comes out, and come back to songs every now and then. But few groups hold my attention for as long as GFriend, save for A Pink and Red Velvet.

Non-kpop: Metal, especially death metal and prog metal.

5 minutes ago, GuardianOfTheGalaxy said:

Kpop: I'll listen to most stuff that comes out, and come back to songs every now and then. But few groups hold my attention for as long as GFriend, save for A Pink and Red Velvet.

Non-kpop: Metal, especially death metal and prog metal.

I listen to a lot of death metal and hardcore. Awesome.

Right now im into rookies like Nct units, Monsta X  and Knk has grabbed attention aswell. Also big fan of Psy love his style

For girl groups outside of Gfriend im very anticipating Black Pink cuz i like hiphop groups aswell, Mamamoo (how can u not :P) , Stellar love their songs, I also have to give Gugudan a chance aswell they have potential. 

Edited by Mats Søvik

9 hours ago, JulioC said:

In Kpop Gfriend and Stellar and thats it.

In another genres I usually like Britpop, Punk Rock, and Alternative Rock....yes I know, nothing like Kpop, but thats how special are my 2 favorite groups

Yay Stellar is so underrated dude lets give them a lots of love aswell on their comeback :)

I listen to rock (mostly oldskool) band and metal :)

"떨리는 그대 손을 꽉 잡아줄게요, 따스히 감싸줄게요"

Growing up I put a lot of time into learning piano and violin so I listen to a lot of classical piano and orchestral music. Is anyone else here a classical music nerd? My favourite era is post-romantic and early impressionist ;) 

Back when I still played competitively, I used to practice this a lot, it's one of my favourites:

Other than that, I listen to a wide variety of music from Bjork to Taylor Swift to Kanye West, I don't stick to 1 genre. 

Edited by lisasome

tumblr_o7hfv0i0tR1qalge0o2_400.giftumblr_o9rq2osecc1sfjnbxo1_400.gif

그렇지만 우린 결국 만날 거야 

I'm so into Hip-Hop!!! especially OFWGKTA (I know they've broke up and isn't active anymore)

Tyler, The Creator ( I LIKE HIM SO MUCH) 

Frank Ocean ( I LOVE HIM, OMG!) 

He's good. no, he's GENIUS! 

Kendrick Lamar  

( I believe everyone knows he's the king of Rap in this century) 

Childish Gambino 

He's really really good! not only in music but also acting! ( he's going to act in Spider Man Homecoming!)

and also i enjoy 90s RnB group like Boyz II Men, etc. 

200.gif

8 hours ago, Mats Søvik said:

Yay Stellar is so underrated dude lets give them a lots of love aswell on their comeback :)

I am all in with the girls for the next comeback, you will see My name on their next album  ;)

See you around Twinkle Buddy!