singermelodie1

What do you want for their japanese debut?

18 posts in this topic

Do you guys want them to comeback with an original song or with a remake of a Korean song?

5ibEtdd.gifH027EVu.gif

i think its ok for their first single to be a remake (to play it safe lol) and then they can have original songs! 

Their first 3 songs will be remake!

I think the first one will be "Me Gustas Tu"! I think it can do well.

i hope they give yerin, umji and sowon more lines

They should remake their school trilogy starting from Rough, MGT and then Glass Bead. It could be soo much fun. LOL

YUJU.gif

SR_STAGE_170930_ALL_03(4.8MB).gif

I'm not sure tbh... As much as I would like an original song I think going with Rough or MGT is probably the safer choice.

Rough definitely can be the opening of anime, I don't care if they want to remake, but I really hope they will have original songs too...(all of their songs have the anime feels)

im hoping for water flower japanese version.

jlNYZ3mb.jpgayBKAvwb.jpg

GFRIEND: the butterflies of the stars...

15 minutes ago, TaylorRif said:

Rough definitely can be the opening of anime, I don't care if they want to remake, but I really hope they will have original songs too...(all of their songs have the anime feels)

I would love to hear a Japanese version of rough. I would be stoked.

Q8urN4tb.jpggDciAMeb.jpg

Umji: I don't like horror movies. Yuju: I love horror movies.

They really have a good shot in the Japanese market mainly because their title tracks are "anime-ish" already. Their visuals are also what the Japanese loves combine that with their personalities and power dances.

GFriend will be my last girl group...

NEW SIG2.gif

Remake will be safer, but I hope they could add 1 Japanese b-side. However I personally don't think their visuals suit Japanese taste from how I see Japanese girls on the street. But I'm not Japanese so...idk :D 

I would prefer a remake to be honest >w< Plus I just really want the school trilogy in Japanese! xD As others have mentioned, it's also the safest bet. A new song would be better later on since it's a new language and culture that they're taking on. That would be so scary lol, especially since none of the girls are Japanese themselves.

8Hwt9x.gif8SqYLK.gif

Spoiler

A remake of Rough or Me Gustas Tu would be safer, but I don't want that!!! I want hardcore dancing, intricate formations, MV overloaded with powerful innocence, and guitar riffs destroying my eardrums. I feel like this would catch the japanese public's eyes. Also, if SM could strike up a deal with an anime show to get the song to be an opening/closing that would be amazing.

biggest thing i want is for one of their songs to be translated into japanese and incorporated into an anime opening. especially water flower

This is my prediction. They would do a Japanese full album containing Japanese version of their four title tracks, few original Japanese tracks and some Japanese remakes of some sweet B-sides.

I don't know what else I'm expecting but I know and hope that their Japanese debut would be good.

a good mixture of korean remake and japanese original songs..

at first it safer to use korean remake but after that i hope they promote original japanese songs..

and i think the japanese public will love them at first sight,with gfriend power innocence concept and songs that have anime OP/ED vibe..

dYlbMNL.gif

~The Love I Envy,Please don't Let me Down~ -Navillera:0:51-

Japanese versions of Rough and Me Gustas Tu would be great! :) I think their songs will be great hits in Japan considering their genres and style :)

2n2075z.jpg

I would like to see Sowon sing/rap her part in Japanese in "Glass Bead":Bang::Bang::Bang: