Sowon Impersonator

[DISCUSSION] Parallel, Rainbow

5 posts in this topic

I know it's a bit late, and I'm also relatively new to this, but now that some time has passed since these two albums dropped, what are your honest thoughts about how they're shifting their concept?

Personally, I feel like SouMu tried to play it too safe with these two albums; after Awakening didn't receive the same kind of reception as previous albums, it feels like they went running right back to their old concept to try and get the sales back. And I'm genuinely worried that they might get boxed into this concept and stuck into it forever, which would suck. What do you guys think?

Welcome to this "union"
Hope you'll enjoyed your time here.
Hm.. seems like you've got the wrong information here Awakening is the most selling Gfriend album (check the data at wikipedia) but it's true FINGERTIP as a single don't sell to well.
But if you compare the achievement of the last 2 singles, both are sell lower than Fingertip.
Also their dance on Love Whisper (which is one of the hardest choreo Gfriend ever did) did not get any recognition in kpop industry (so far).
So maybe next year Soumu will try a new thing for Gfriend.

Half of what I say is meaningless

8 hours ago, YERIN SOFT GOODBYE said:

Welcome to this "union" emoji5.png
Hope you'll enjoyed your time here.
Hm.. seems like you've got the wrong information here emoji5.png Awakening is the most selling Gfriend album (check the data at wikipedia) but it's true FINGERTIP as a single don't sell to well.
But if you compare the achievement of the last 2 singles, both are sell lower than Fingertip.
Also their dance on Love Whisper (which is one of the hardest choreo Gfriend ever did) did not get any recognition in kpop industry (so far).
So maybe next year Soumu will try a new thing for Gfriend.

I'm not saying their album didn't do well; it's more that I'm worried about their concept. Whatever they make, a real Buddy will always buy and support them, so it will do well, but I think SouMu got scared when Fingertip's concept wasn't well received so they ran back the other way. What do you think?

I think they can afford one big budget album each year and then any others need to be scaled back. Fingertip must have cost a fortune to produce but was always going to be a one off concept. I think there will be another big production next year to look forward to!

Edited by Jibang

I'm not saying their album didn't do well; it's more that I'm worried about their concept. Whatever they make, a real Buddy will always buy and support them, so it will do well, but I think SouMu got scared when Fingertip's concept wasn't well received so they ran back the other way. What do you think?

This year when Soumu put GFRIEND back to their "old concept" it just have the same result in term of selling as Fingertip single. So I think Soumu will try a new concept to explore rather than stuck with their "old concept" forever.