GFS

announcement
A Thing or Two About Monkey See, Monkey Do...

10 posts in this topic

Phrase: "Monkey See, Monkey Do"
Definition: Simple imitation; imitation without thought
Commentary: Why Do We Say "Monkey See, Monkey Do"?

A couple of months ago we came across a few tweets floating around pegging GFSquad as racists. They were far and few between, but disturbing nonetheless. While some staff responded on their own accounts, we (Admins) held back, thinking that things would die down. To our dismay, similar tweets have recently resurfaced. We really have better things to do than to focus our attention on these attention seekers...But we'll humor them with a few words.

FYI: Not every staff member is an Admin. GFSquad Staff Directory

This issue started back when a Buddy copied and mocked @Buddies_art, our friend and graphics artist, on Twitter (see below)...

officialsinb-racist-tweets-1.jpg.87a3d14eb16f5e8cecb11749951786df.jpg

officialsinb-racist-tweets-2.jpg.508825345d11639a228d79dce7a56fc1.jpg

In response, one of our staffs tweeted with his own account the following...

officialsinb-racist-tweets-3.jpg.fdce56be7f42debc64cb8a9101a4e418.jpg

An insult? Yes. Racist? No.

officialsinb-racist-tweets-4.jpg.18877c3c32e66ecdfb6549fcc11aadd5.jpg

Let's back track here. No one knew of his color until he mentioned it after-fact. He made his color an issue when "monkey see, monkey do" has nothing to do with color or race. He twisted a phrase, took it out of context, only to support his own racist narrative. It is a blatant over-reach to say the least. He threw the racist card, for false reasons, and we're calling him out on it.

His network of friends, a few other Buddies, have attacked GFSquad.com time and time again. Remember this incident (in which we have been cleared)? This group uses their platforms to spread lies, misinform, and cloud other Buddies. Their mission is to shut GFSquad.com down, and they'll do anything to see that it happens. It's a shame they're focused on dividing the fandom with their constant nagging, negativity, and hate. It's even a bigger shame that a few other Buddies have jumped on the bandwagon. Ignorance is bliss.

Let us respond by simply stating to them that we're here to stay. We are here for GFRIEND and for Buddies, and if that means to endure a few pests along the way, so be it. We thank all of the Buddies who have supported us then and now. You give us strength. We assure you that we will continue to strive to be the best community we can be.

:gfs-smilie-thankyou:

so... what did Souce Music said?

qUOdEer.jpg 

Proud to be a buddy. Gfriend & buddies will forever stay and work hard together  

11 hours ago, GFS said:

We are here for GFRIEND and for Buddies, and if that means to endure a few pests along the way, so be it.

Then please endure.
Those people are indeed a trolls, but it really make me sad to see some staffs took the bait and also did some flaming. I also saw some racist tweets from gfs member (i think he / she is not a staff, but the trolls made it like he / she is part of gfs). The tweet generalized people from a country, and it already incited some rage from the said country.

Dont get me wrong, I love this community and the people in it. I really have a deep respect for the staffs for the way they handle the projects and I will keep supporting gfsquad. So my point is, for the staffs, please hold back no matter how bad the trolls can be.

i don't get it, what's happening?

3 hours ago, shanlee said:

i don't get it, what's happening?

GFS Staff are targets for online harassment for something a few of us have said. Granted, it was out of line and the people involved deeply regret their words, but other people online have taken our words and made a huge deal out of it.

We are doing everything we can to defuse the situation and hopefully come up with a peaceful resolution. Until that happens, we will move forward as a community supporting GFriend in every aspect we can. 

As of now, we are focusing on the Sowon birthday project so that will be taking up most of our time and energy; we don't have the time and energy to be dealing with online harassment. We rather focus our time for positive things than negative things.

Hope this helps. It's a rather vague description but I'd rather not get into the details of it. 

FEZ4zS.gif "Fall down eight times, get up nine." 

"Вся слава Тому, Кто искупил жизнь мою"

Dude either hasn’t heard of that extremely common saying or is overly sensitive lol. Funny how they entertain themselves through such a dumb act though lol.

2w3bbs8.jpg   15qt2r9.jpg

I don't think the staff is to be blamed for any of this, I also think it's ridiculous that people are calling this drama and turning their backs on such a hardworking fanbase bc of it

To everyone on the internet,

Context is important, don't bring things out of their original true meaning just to satisfy your own agenda.

People on internet usually don't have time to do research on the topic.

Sincerely,

a frustrated person on the internet.

stay strong buddies! Will always be thankful to all staffs of gfsquad! gonna support you guys forever ❤️❤️

Guys! Buddies! dont mind that trollers or that attention seekers .. but yeah they do bad and annoying things that everybody were mad or dont like it.. WE know the TRUTH guys. We are just doing Good thing, Good Time and giving all Support for them(Gfriend). Even they have atemp to shut down this site/community.. We will fight for it in good way to stopped that issue. We will have to give our BIG appreciation and thanks to the staffs to reminds us.. what happening inside in our community.. Always think positive guys !

BUDDIES! FIGHTING! STAY STRONG! and LONGLAST! I LOVE YOU ALL ❤️❤️ :yj2:

:BeastToss-11:  ____________SinBae____________:sb2: