Haechi해치

College Students/Degree Holders.. Is your degree/course your choice or not?

49 posts in this topic

Hello Buddies.. 

Oh well I/m just curious about your college course/degree... keke

Is it your choice or not?

If not what is the reason why you take it?

For degree holders already, did you regret not taking up the course you really want?

---

Oh well for me, I'm a graduate with a Bachelors degree in Education.. ( I won't specify my major lol but for those who knew it please be quiet xD ) 
And it's not really my choice haha so I think about toshifting to the course that I really want but I didn't pushed it through bcs I don't want to be an over staying student in my Uni (my tuition will increase if I become an overstaying student haha) plus I felt like I don't want to waste those years hmm.. 2 years to be exact on the course that I take so I ended up graduating with a course that I really don't like haha

I'm in a different field now the mindset that I'm holding is atleast I have a degree that can be an advantage in some aspects xD

So what's your story Buddy? :D

IMWLnQD.gif

EDIT:
Dear high school student Buddies..
Please choose the course that you really like.. 
It will make you happy and enjoy your Uni life haha
Don't be like me :P

oMncqz1.gif

pTexBdT.gifdo2VPg3.gif

새롭게 시작해 볼래 그리고                우릴 아프게 했던 시간들은 다시는 없을 거야 ~ 

Let’s start fresh, you and me                 Times that hurt us will never come back again 

Doing Bachelor of Biotechnology, didn't really want to do it but my marks weren't good enough to get into the course I wanted to do (Bachelor of Interior and Spatial Design) already did 2 years of the biotech degree so might as well finish it since its 3 years lol..

giphy.gif

Let's start fresh, you and me

5 minutes ago, Eunbii said:

Doing Bachelor of Biotechnology, didn't really want to do it but my marks weren't good enough to get into the course I wanted to do (Bachelor of Interior and Spatial Design) already did 2 years of the biotech degree so might as well finish it since its 3 years lol..

lool your grades must be great for having a Biotechnology course.. Reminds me of my enrollment during college.. There's an opening for Physical Science major for education.. I'm not even bothered to check it because any related to science is not my best friend xD I even hate my Science related subjects haha

pTexBdT.gifdo2VPg3.gif

새롭게 시작해 볼래 그리고                우릴 아프게 했던 시간들은 다시는 없을 거야 ~ 

Let’s start fresh, you and me                 Times that hurt us will never come back again 

I don't even know what I want to study I just randomly applied to whatever I could get into

brownpigeon was here 27711d1320921028-animation-bug-moving.gif    

My parents chose it for me but I wanted to study languages

tumblr_ow9z47GkBR1ucrltao3_400.gif

33 minutes ago, Haechi해치 said:

lool your grades must be great for having a Biotechnology course.. Reminds me of my enrollment during college.. There's an opening for Physical Science major for education.. I'm not even bothered to check it because any related to science is not my best friend xD I even hate my Science related subjects haha

marks really werent that great... and science is kinda boring to me loool

giphy.gif

Let's start fresh, you and me

Annyeong! Just wanna share it. I'm a 4th year college taking up the course 'Bachelor of Elementary Education. Actually this course is not my choice, its was my mother's choice. I was kinda surprised when my mother already enrolled me in not so big and famous university in our city.! at first there's an hesitation but coz i love my mom.I don't have any choice. Actually my dream is to become an stewardess or to be a great artist. When i was in high school i always say 'when i graduated i will choose either tourism or fine arts. And teaching is not either my passion but i love children. My aunt and cousins encouraged me to take it so that's why here I am! One step more. Hahah Fighting! I just wanna take this opportunity to say thank you to Gfriend for always inspiring me .For giving me energy .Their songs are my stress reliever! They are the reason of my living.

Sent from my Q620 using GFSquad.com mobile app

If my parents forced me to study a uni course i dont like i’d flip out lolol

I am a grade 11 high school student, I still don't know what course to study, but maybe something relating to computer like... computer science.....???? I'm still thinking.... and my mother doesn't care what course I'm going to take.... 

But I will still work hard to studies and get better marks to go to a university that I want to go. TBH, Gfriend and Games give me lots of energy, so that's why I am getting really good marks now. Thank you. Buddies and gfriend Fighting

:BeastToss-29::gfs-smilie-hwaiting:

qUOdEer.jpg 

Proud to be a buddy. Gfriend & buddies will forever stay and work hard together  

oh haha so there's quite a few studying some form of education on GFS~ I'm studying a BA and majoring in psychology and education... I chose it myself, and I enjoy it so far :) 

To be honest my only regret is going to uni straight out of high school. I really wish I spent at least a year off working. I just want to fill my life with something other than study for a bit lol. And then go into uni with a bit more security in terms of $$ too lol xD 

Edited by Hana
re-read this and i rambled too much, so I edited. lol.

8Hwt9x.gif8SqYLK.gif

Spoiler

I’m on my mandatory 2 year off after high school~ 

I can’t wait to go back to studying!!!

13 minutes ago, brownpigeon said:

I’m on my mandatory 2 year off after high school~ 

I can’t wait to go back to studying!!!

!!! Mandatory 2 years away from school? That sounds awesome.

For me I study civil engineering and it was my choice but now I want to do something with computer science also as a job. Both majors are good and I honestly don't know what's going to happen after graduation hmmmmm Looking forward to no more school either way but hopefully I get a job so I can spend more money on albums and merch!

[VIETSUB] 170314  Idol Party GFRIEND - Part.1 FULL

uhh I'm graduated but I studied Computer Science which is not my choice. was going to study chemical engineering but dad wanted me to study at uni near to our house. this uni is famous with their computer science so I just take that.

eRtbf5Y.gif

"밤하늘의 달마저 가리워지는 교차점에서, 기다려요. 기적은 이루어질까요?"

Where even the moon in the night sky hides, I'm waiting for you. Will there be a miracle?

Graduated in Telecommunication Engineering has a very limited career path in my country. It was my own choice and did not regret it. Just have to be patience and the day will come. I will attend the second assessment on November for a position at the airport tower. Wish me luck.

:gfs-smilie-hwaiting:

90570616e7.gif

"I would like to be a friend that brings happiness to those around"

76561197990815050.png

I wanted to get into undergraduate medicine but failed the interview to get in :( ....so now I'm studying Bachelor of Biomedical Science instead xD

rS2kPuN.gif

찬란하게 빛나던 시간이었다고 맑은 여름비처럼 고마웠었다고 - "It was a bright, shining moment.  Thanks for being a clear summer rain"

Twitter

For me, I'm a year 2 student studying for a Bachelor's of Accountancy.

Hmm I wanted to take this course because I got a Diploma in Business Studies in polytechnic (high school in Singapore is only 4 years, so after that you would go to either polytechnic or junior college before going to college), and felt it was too general and decided to take a more specialized degree! No regrets because I prefer accounting xD 

7Iu0yew.gif

찬란하게 빛나던 시간이었다고 

맑은 여름비처럼 고마웠었다고

!!! Mandatory 2 years away from school? That sounds awesome.
For me I study civil engineering and it was my choice but now I want to do something with computer science also as a job. Both majors are good and I honestly don't know what's going to happen after graduation hmmmmm Looking forward to no more school either way but hopefully I get a job so I can spend more money on albums and merch!

He might be talking about mandatory military service? HAHAHA

Anyways i am majoring in Applied Science.. Extremely competitive. I hate university life ://

output_Jy7slQ.gifoutput_uylJEX.gif

정말 어쩌지       널 조준했던 순간      사랑에 빠질 것 같아

전 간호학을 전공했는데 무슨 일이 생겨서 졸업 못 했어요. 어렸을 때부터 간호사나 의사가 정말 되고 싶었는데... ㅋㅋㅋ

Sent from my MyPhone my88 DTV using GFSquad.com mobile app

I’m a Year 2 student studying Broadcast and Media. This course is definitely not my choice :( I wanted to take up Diploma in Early Childhood to become a pre-school teacher but my results for my final year exam in high school wasnt good enough to get that course so i ended up learning about cameras and video editing [ which i’m totally not regretting ;-) ]

Sent from my iPhone using GFSquad.com mobile app

I'm in my second year of a Bachelor's of Maths, although I'm planning on continuing it to a master's. It was my choice because it's what I'm best at although sometimes I wish I'd done something music-related even though I'd find it harder because it's what I'm actually passionate about. Also I think if I didn't choose something Maths related my Dad might've complained, so it's ok, even if it can get a bit boring sometimes

Sent from my MotoG3 using GFSquad.com mobile app

i graduate in BSc Bachelor of science of Informatic ( computer program)

well even though i love my major but my work is totally not related with my major

Doing a degree in Materials Engineering....didn't even wanna do it initially, I wanted to apply for journalism and photography but it wasn't easy to get financial aid to support that. So I ended up with a scholarship to do eng. I always say that I'm not interested in it and it bores me sometimes but I find at times that i actually felt excited trying to explain about polymers and welding and I'm doing really well in class too... ._. I find myself easily adapt to situations, whether it is advantageous to me or not, whether I like it or not...I'm that annoying person who doesn't really have much of an opinion when it comes to group discussions lmao. Idk a lot of times you just have to try and go with the flow? I think it's important to have a positive mindset- acquiring knowledge and getting to know yourself is never a waste of time.

To all of buddies that can't decide what major you want to do (whether you're in high school or already graduated from high school), don't stress yourself too much to find one, trust me, I've been there!!o.o Wait till that moment comes and tells you "that's the career I want to pursuit on." instead of going for a career you don't really want and end up wasting your money on the studies!! when I was in 11th grade, my attentions were going to architecture (due to the reason I took architect class that school year!! :)) and I thought "why not go for it!" So I did.... (not giving the full story xD)

Currently I'm not studying so I could refocus want I truly want to do (my parents don't mind what career I want to take, as long as I'm happy with it)!! Tho Cunliary Arts have been lingering around my head!! I truly want to go for it, but I want to make sure that's the career I want to go for!!!:)

(In one of the meetings my class had with some college advisors, they told us, "Don't stress out, everyone (before 30) will be on that stage where decisions will hit you! Whether if you want to go to college, change career, go to military, or be normal; it will hit you. So take your time and don't rush; not everyone starts off right after high school graduation)

I'm currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science... Realistically due to the fact that there needs to be so many people who need to understand the concept of computers, and it'll be handy in the future ahead. But I originally applied for Biomedical Engineering but later switched to Computer Science partly because of the fact that the University I'm currently attending has the best CS program. 

But personally, the reason for pursuing a CS degree is that I just like messing around with stuff and the concept of Networking and building a website seems really interesting and would like to indulge myself in that area. I also like creating stuff, and I have a ton of ideas pop up from left to right so in truth, I want to implement that idea and make it come to life.

But to be honest I have no idea as to what I'm going to do in the future. But one thing's for certain - I'll stick to this road and thoroughly stick with it.

My advice to those currently in high school and what niche they want to fill, but unsure about it - It's a bad idea, but just go for it. It's almost like finding a diamond in the rough - at some point there will be a point where you totally like your niche. Explore around, find jobs related to your niche, and hope for the best. Also, stick with it once you made your decision. Too many changes will lead to you not knowing what you want to do.

And that's all :]

So beautiful, like a stream of rain water, our transparent story...

ezgif.com-crop.gif.5dd0988a7301cbcff9b8c7650b4e37b3.gif

GFRIEND

7 minutes ago, 유주얼천사 said:

I'm currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science... Realistically due to the fact that there needs to be so many people who need to understand the concept of computers, and it'll be handy in the future ahead. But I originally applied for Biomedical Engineering but later switched to Computer Science partly because of the fact that the University I'm currently attending has the best CS program. 

But personally, the reason for pursuing a CS degree is that I just like messing around with stuff and the concept of Networking and building a website seems really interesting and would like to indulge myself in that area. I also like creating stuff, and I have a ton of ideas pop up from left to right so in truth, I want to implement that idea and make it come to life.

But to be honest I have no idea as to what I'm going to do in the future. But one thing's for certain - I'll stick to this road and thoroughly stick with it.

My advice to those currently in high school and what niche they want to fill, but unsure about it - It's a bad idea, but just go for it. It's almost like finding a diamond in the rough - at some point there will be a point where you totally like your niche. Explore around, find jobs related to your niche, and hope for the best. Also, stick with it once you made your decision. Too many changes will lead to you not knowing what you want to do.

And that's all :]

my fellow Computer Science

eRtbf5Y.gif

"밤하늘의 달마저 가리워지는 교차점에서, 기다려요. 기적은 이루어질까요?"

Where even the moon in the night sky hides, I'm waiting for you. Will there be a miracle?