Anna

official
Daily Kpop Radio (A Place to Discuss New Releases)

420 posts in this topic

her voice is quite unique...but i heard another singer that sounds just like her...but i can't remember who :S

anyway..this song is great...

p.s. in the thumbnail she kinda look like hyomin (t-ara) 

dYlbMNL.gif

~The Love I Envy,Please don't Let me Down~ -Navillera:0:51-

2 hours ago, TaylorRif said:

Gfriend's favourite girl group is coming back with Lip 2 Lip. I'm not a fan of them tho. But then, I thought maybe I should give a try. I guess I'm not regretting it? The song is okay but I like their B sides 'Shh!' better, the composer of "Shh!' is the same as 'Gone With The Wind' which is E.ONE. Their mini album is great ^_^ Btw, 9MusesA is a sub unit of 9muses.

Just listened to this and Shh and I definitely like Shh! better. The instrumental and arrangement on that song is wonderful. I'm really impressed by the production of that song actually, E.One is a great composer!

I feel like I prefer the instrumentals on the intro of the title song than most of the song itself haha. I think its ok although its not really something I would listen to personally.

So BlackPink debuted...

After listening to both songs multiple times I've actually grown fond of both songs even though there are certain parts from both songs that I didn't really like. Initially I liked whistle better but there's something about the production on Boombayah that has been attracting me so much. The song has grown on me. 

It's pretty clear that the producer used characteristics from songs he produced for the veteran YG artists in the past. I have mixed feelings towards this. I enjoyed the way the elements were integrated but as a whole im not sure

Overall I enjoyed this debut and I'm looking forward to see what BlackPink will deliver in the future... (wonder how long that will take though...)

41 minutes ago, YujuYujuYuju said:

So BlackPink debuted...

After listening to both songs multiple times I've actually grown fond of both songs even though there are certain parts from both songs that I didn't really like. Initially I liked whistle better but there's something about the production on Boombayah that has been attracting me so much. The song has grown on me. 

It's pretty clear that the producer used characteristics from songs he produced for the veteran YG artists in the past. I have mixed feelings towards this. I enjoyed the way the elements were integrated but as a whole im not sure

Overall I enjoyed this debut and I'm looking forward to see what BlackPink will deliver in the future... (wonder how long that will take though...)

Yup, I've been listening to it. For Boombayah, it sounds messy the first time I was listening to it. But then, I kind of love it except the "Black Pink in Your Area" part. I cringed at that part to be honest. I think it will be better if they don't use auto tune too much at that part and change it into whisper voice. But I guess my opinion isn't really important as most people didn't complain about it. I'll just bear with it. I heard it on repeat because I was curious at first. It is addictive tho. Well, I'll say this kind of song is a song that you need time to like it. I love Jennie's rap and Lisa's is awesome too. And this is so... YG (it's not a bad thing actually. I already expected it) And the oppa partxD I didn't expect that. Really experimental..

For Whistle, I love this! This is easier to listen than Boombayah. The song shows their vocals ability. Rose has a really nice and mature voice. Jisoo...I love her part at 3:10. Really on point! 

This group might be my second group that I stan after G-friend. They have talent and I hope they are good at variety shows.

this song is FIRE! the wall of sounds produced from the multi layered vocals is amazing! :sowonnice:

dYlbMNL.gif

On 8/6/2016 at 5:39 AM, Yujuism said:

her voice is quite unique...but i heard another singer that sounds just like her...but i can't remember who :S

anyway..this song is great...

p.s. in the thumbnail she kinda look like hyomin (t-ara) 

The singer that comes to mind is Lim Kim.

This song is gold! As soon as I heard it I purchased it. xD I love Suran's voice too, and have a couple of other songs from her too.

Thanks for sharing!

There's also this new track from Standing Egg, released last week. I saw it on the iChart and I've just listened to it... and it's so good haha. Sounds so dreamy and all. (Also made me put the track art as sig lol)

Yuju.png.fcca76aa877ba62941b60d8a0d0b6e29.png

괜찮은 느낌 이 떨림 나도 몰래 우연히 봄

49 minutes ago, Acey said:

There's also this new track from Standing Egg, released last week. I saw it on the iChart and I've just listened to it... and it's so good haha. Sounds so dreamy and all. (Also made me put the track art as sig lol)

I want gfriend make title song like this

On 8/10/2016 at 5:13 PM, GFSuzr said:

The singer that comes to mind is Lim Kim.

This song is gold! As soon as I heard it I purchased it. xD I love Suran's voice too, and have a couple of other songs from her too.

Thanks for sharing!

yes! that's her,lim kim..ahahaha thank you..i knew it at last. it really annoys me when i know that i heard these kinds of voice somewhere but i forgot about it. :D

yeah this is my first time listening to her songs.she got me hooked instantly the moment she sang the first verse. 

but i also like her other songs that she did with Hwasa and Beenzino. this girl is so underrated

dYlbMNL.gif

On 2016/8/10 at 6:44 PM, Yujuism said:

this song is FIRE! the wall of sounds produced from the multi layered vocals is amazing! :sowonnice:

im late but I love this release so much! Such a huge improvement in production compared to the last release.  There's so much fierceness and energy in this song!! I especially love Yoojung's rap. Also the harmonies are just lovely! Wonderful but my only gripe is I feel like some of the notes sounds so nasal and tight(especially at the end) but its alright

Whoever did 3:09-3:11 sounds so good to me though omg

Edited by YujuYujuYuju

On 8/10/2016 at 5:44 PM, Yujuism said:

Yes, first time I heard it, I already love it. It's definitely catchy and easy to listen. I'm glad that this song seems to give justice to their talents. I heard a girl from the group choreographed this song. Really talented sub-unit. I hope they'll be doing well!

On 8/10/2016 at 6:22 PM, Acey said:

This song had been on the first place on melon, right? No wonder, Koreans love this type of song!:)

Don't know if anyone here likes Younha, but she just released an OST for the God of Highschool game I think?

M3nIUZ1.gif84Wkp0L.gif

Thanks to KingofKpop for the siggy.

6 minutes ago, ASquirtle said:

Don't know if anyone here likes Younha, but she just released an OST for the God of Highschool game I think?

Oh I like some of her songs! Her voice is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing here because I haven't been keeping up recently! 

I love Younha! I still listen to "The Real Reason We Broke Up" allll the time. I wish she would do a full album soon :/

I wasn't really on the hype train for BlackPink before their debut because I don't believe in hyping groups pre debut. But I think Boombayah and Whistle might be two of my favorite songs this summer. They are both so fun and dynamic and make you want to dance and sing along. So I think I might become a BlackPink fan.

Here are some recent B-sides I've really been connecting with and jamming out to lately.

Sun Shower by Unicorn

I like the catchy hook and the modern, unique production. Also I'm predisposed to support any group called Unicorn.

Shh! by Nine Muses A

I liked Lip 2 Lip but this song makes a much bigger impact IMO. I like the way the dance beat combines with the very dramatic accompanying strings, and how the song makes use of sudden moments of silence and changes in volume.

Song on My Guitar - J.Min

It's always nice when Kpop artists go for a more singer-songwriter sound for a change. Younha comes to mind again, and so does Juniel. The melody almost sounds like an early Taylor Swift track, or even an old school Avril Lavine song. Anyway, I'm a fan.

OyiR3ag.gif

uLQaa7t.gif'

"나 힘들 때면 그대를 생각하며 용기를 낼게요." / "Whenever I'm tired, I'll think of you and be brave." - Compass

On 8/11/2016 at 9:10 PM, YujuYujuYuju said:

im late but I love this release so much! Such a huge improvement in production compared to the last release.  There's so much fierceness and energy in this song!! I especially love Yoojung's rap. Also the harmonies are just lovely! Wonderful but my only gripe is I feel like some of the notes sounds so nasal and tight(especially at the end) but its alright

Whoever did 3:09-3:11 sounds so good to me though omg

yup it miles ahead from their previous single

the member that sang at 3:09-3:11 is Jieqiong/pinky if i'm not mistaken 

On 8/11/2016 at 9:20 PM, TaylorRif said:

Yes, first time I heard it, I already love it. It's definitely catchy and easy to listen. I'm glad that this song seems to give justice to their talents. I heard a girl from the group choreographed this song. Really talented sub-unit. I hope they'll be doing well!

agree,this song gave them all the justice in the world,they totally redeem themselves after the underwhelming previous single

yes,chungha (you can see her at the thumbnail,the one with the black hair) choreographed the song. 

dYlbMNL.gif

On 8/11/2016 at 0:34 AM, Yujuism said:

yes! that's her,lim kim..ahahaha thank you..i knew it at last. it really annoys me when i know that i heard these kinds of voice somewhere but i forgot about it. :D

yeah this is my first time listening to her songs.she got me hooked instantly the moment she sang the first verse. 

but i also like her other songs that she did with Hwasa and Beenzino. this girl is so underrated

Yeah, one day I happened to come across Lim Kim and totally fell in love with her voice. She has an old style jazzy and soulful voice mixed in today's styles.

As for Suran, I love the song with Hwasa too. I'm a fan of Mamamoo. I also like Beenzino songs.

By any chance have you heard the live of Suran?

On 8/11/2016 at 6:48 PM, Anna said:

Sun Shower by Unicorn

I like the catchy hook and the modern, unique production. Also I'm predisposed to support any group called Unicorn.

Shh! by Nine Muses A

I liked Lip 2 Lip but this song makes a much bigger impact IMO. I like the way the dance beat combines with the very dramatic accompanying strings, and how the song makes use of sudden moments of silence and changes in volume.

Song on My Guitar - J.Min

It's always nice when Kpop artists go for a more singer-songwriter sound for a change. Younha comes to mind again, and so does Juniel. The melody almost sounds like an early Taylor Swift track, or even an old school Avril Lavine song. Anyway, I'm a fan.

I love all 3 of your picks! :sowonnice:

I've been a fan of Unicorn since "HUK", and love their latest EP. It's a shame that Winnie is not part of their current promotions. I'm not sure if she's still with the group. Last thing I saw was either a tweet or instagram from her supporting Unicorn.

9Muses A released solid tracks in their EP. I didn't expect much but as soon as I heard the previews I bought the EP lol.

I came across J-Min during this week's Music Bank! I was instantly hooked. So I bought the single, which includes Song On My Guitar. I also bought her previous EP. I love the song "Secret Letter".

Check out this one! This song is composed by E.ONE. Really like their concept this time. And after seeing their Catch Me, I think Starship really spent a lot for this comeback (the video looks expensive)

1 hour ago, TaylorRif said:

Check out this one! This song is composed by E.ONE. Really like their concept this time. And after seeing their Catch Me, I think Starship really spent a lot for this comeback (the video looks expensive)

Definitely like this more compared to their debut tracks. I'm a bit a iffy on the verses and although I do like the chorus, I'm not really sure if I like the pitch it was sung in. I wish there was more of a build up before the belt at 3:10 too.

I'm glad to see that the production quality of the MV and song is getting better. I especially liked the instrumentals. I thought that the way the orchestral instrumentals and synth were mixed/alternated was nice. Overall for me the song was ok but didn't really snatch me in

Oh I also like their B-side Bebe. It's a pretty fun song for me!

Also the dbz reference was really cute xD

3 hours ago, TaylorRif said:

The visuals of this video are amazing!!! One of the coolest Kpop videos of 2016 for sure. The song is ok but the video is incredible for sure.

OyiR3ag.gif

uLQaa7t.gif'

"나 힘들 때면 그대를 생각하며 용기를 낼게요." / "Whenever I'm tired, I'll think of you and be brave." - Compass

"Have you ever felt cosmo inside of you?" (Lmao. Somebody should've checked that.)

I really liked WJSN's comeback. Definitely better than MoMoMo conceptually and musically. It's arguably one of the best concepts of the year (The fantasy concept was very fitting for their group!) The song also gave me retro-video game vibes. It sounded like something I would hear while playing Mabinogi. Anyways, the verses run very smoothly into the chorus, and the chorus itself was very pleasing to the ears (honey vocals~). When Exy's rap came on, I died (I just looovvee that girl). Even though she's my bias, I'm glad her rapping did not take up 80 percent of the song lol. Anyways, I really liked the song. It was a great introduction for the new member.

Did anyone else watch/like IOI - Whatta Man? The vocals SHOCKED me. I didn't really watch Produce 101, so I didn't know that the girls, especially Pinky(?) and Somi, had such a high vocal range. The rapping was amazing and didn't feel out of place in the song. I loved the MV plot and the powerful choreography. This comeback was definitely an upgrade from Dream Girls. IOI has found their niche in girl-crush concepts.

6 hours ago, TaylorRif said:

As a general rule I listen to the song first before watching the MV or performances. Oh I like this song. It's very easy on the ears and catchy too. I only wish there was a bigger build up towards the ending of the song (around 3:11). I was expecting something more explosive right after the pause. Other than that small detail the song is a winner in my book.

Speaking of winners, the MV was a big winner. Absolutely visually stunning. Much praise to director and crew for making this video a sight to see.

Speaking of retro I like this new track by Kirin and Jay Park "City Breeze". This rhythmic, up-tempo song is a throwback (and likely homage) to Teddy Riley's "New Jack Swing" sound. A vibe that legendary artists Tony! Toni! Tone! would have done in their prime.

I'm a huge fan of Apink's Eunji so couldn't pass up the opportunity to post this one up. 

M3nIUZ1.gif84Wkp0L.gif

Thanks to KingofKpop for the siggy.

2 hours ago, ASquirtle said:

I'm a huge fan of Apink's Eunji so couldn't pass up the opportunity to post this one up. 

Oh this is a pretty chill song, Eunji's voice is soothing here! Not really the type of song I would put in my playlist but I thought it was ok

So SM just released EXO's Lotto MV...

I can't with the autotune but I feel so guilty because I know im going to put this in my playlist haha 

Really questioning why the producers went with that since EXO is pretty capable vocally. The beat is ok,Overall i think the song is catchy but not spectacular. Even if the heavy autotune wasn't there I'd probably still prefer their previous title tracks. I'm disappointed because I absolutely loved Monster and Love Me Right

Edited by YujuYujuYuju