Anna

official
Daily Kpop Radio (A Place to Discuss New Releases)

459 posts in this topic

On 1/26/2019 at 10:24 PM, GFSuzr said:

Cherry Bullet "Q&A"

Cherry Bullet "Violet"

This is probably me being old and cynical, but it feels like I'm seeing the life, death, and rebirth cycle of girl groups. Like when I first saw Blackpink I thought "OK, that's replacement for 2ne1"; (G)-idle is the new 4minute, etc. I saw the Q&A m/v for Cherry Bullet and couldn't help but think "AOA died for this." It probably doesn't help that Q&A looks like the sequel to Bingle Bangle.

It might be that social media, YouTube, and all that makes the content more accessible, but the KPop market seems super saturated to me right now. I'll give props to LOONA for standing out among recent debuts though in my mind.

On 1/31/2019 at 9:09 PM, arconoclast said:

This is probably me being old and cynical, but it feels like I'm seeing the life, death, and rebirth cycle of girl groups. Like when I first saw Blackpink I thought "OK, that's replacement for 2ne1"; (G)-idle is the new 4minute, etc. I saw the Q&A m/v for Cherry Bullet and couldn't help but think "AOA died for this." It probably doesn't help that Q&A looks like the sequel to Bingle Bangle.

It might be that social media, YouTube, and all that makes the content more accessible, but the KPop market seems super saturated to me right now. I'll give props to LOONA for standing out among recent debuts though in my mind.

Changing of the guard. :/

All the groups you have mentioned I have my eyes on, especially LOONA. I've been following their music since LOOΠΔ 1/3. I'm pretty sure I've purchased all of their group, sub-units, and individual (official) song releases. :D I like how they've promoted the girls (giving each a spotlight with quality songs and productions), sub-units, and group. They are a lively and entertaining bunch too.

18 hours ago, GFSuzr said:

Changing of the guard. :/

All the groups you have mentioned I have my eyes on, especially LOONA. I've been following their music since LOOΠΔ 1/3. I'm pretty sure I've purchased all of their group, sub-units, and individual (official) song releases. :D I like how they've promoted the girls (giving each a spotlight with quality songs and productions), sub-units, and group. They are a lively and entertaining bunch too.

Yeah! I think their writers/producers do a really good job too. One thing I thought was really cool was how certain musical motifs appear throughout several of their releases. For example, you can hear the same motifs on the intro tracks for the [+ +], yyxy, and Odd Eye Circle releases (at least). It really ties the whole group/subunit/individual thing together. The only issue for me is that I find it hard to keep track of individuals in such a big group. :S

1 hour ago, arconoclast said:

Yeah! I think their writers/producers do a really good job too. One thing I thought was really cool was how certain musical motifs appear throughout several of their releases. For example, you can hear the same motifs on the intro tracks for the [+ +], yyxy, and Odd Eye Circle releases (at least). It really ties the whole group/subunit/individual thing together. The only issue for me is that I find it hard to keep track of individuals in such a big group. :S

The funny thing is that I didn't notice it until I took another listen after you mentioned it. O.o Just like the symbols and pieces in the music videos all tie in together. The fans are so good at putting the pieces together and figuring things out.

Every now and then I check out their YouTube channel loonatheworld to see what they're up to. Most of the time I'm hoping to catch a glimpse of their next release. Other than that and Idol Room, I haven't kept up much. :$

ITZY - DALLA DALLA

LOONA "Butterfly" (Teaser)

(G)I-DLE "Relay" (iLYKE Run Run Remix)

LOONA "X X" (Repackaged Album)

DREAMCATCHER "Daydream"

LOONA "For all LOOΠΔs around the world"

LOONA "Butterfly"

LOONA "Curiosity"

Hyomin "Allure"

Not exclusively "K-Pop" but it has K-Pop acts on there so...Regardless it's a jam!

Jason Derulo, LAY, NCT 127 "Let's Shut Up & Dance"

9Muses "Remember"

(G)I-DLE "Senorita"

(G)I-DLE "Senorita"
[/url]  
I dig it but I think the teasers were misleading a bit. I think they only focused on the chorus part with the brass. Regardless, I'm a fan of the recent Latin-influenced releases [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G955U using GFSquad.com mobile app

On 3/2/2019 at 5:28 PM, arconoclast said:

I dig it but I think the teasers were misleading a bit. I think they only focused on the chorus part with the brass. Regardless, I'm a fan of the recent Latin-influenced releases emoji41.png

I like Senorita too. I thought (G)I-DLE was going to stick with the R&B ("What's In Your House") x girl crush ("Hann") concepts but they've been surprising me with their releases. It seems that they want to establish themselves as a group who can sing it all, not sticking to a particular concept. As an example of their EP, "I Made", which consists of songs of all different genres.

eSNa "Spoon"

eSNa "You Deserve It"

eSNa (feat. Hanhae) "ZgtZgt"

SUNMI "Noir"

Jus2 "FOCUS ON ME"

Epik High (feat. Crush)  "Lovedrunk"

GWSN "Pinky Star (Run)"

Stan PD48 kids ^^ Stan Everglow!! xD

is Stone Music the new 1theK? lol seems like they release a lot of MVs 

pTexBdT.gifdo2VPg3.gif

새롭게 시작해 볼래 그리고                우릴 아프게 했던 시간들은 다시는 없을 거야 ~ 

Let’s start fresh, you and me                 Times that hurt us will never come back again 

MAMAMOO "gogobebe"

MAMAMOO "Waggy"