Anna

official
Daily Kpop Radio (A Place to Discuss New Releases)

420 posts in this topic

Let's use this space to talk about the new KPOP releases of the day. Not just Gfriend, but all the latest KPOP groups, songs, and MVs we love.

I'm DJ Anna starting us off with the new Seventeen MV, "Very Nice"

I'm not a huge boy group fan but this MV is really superb. I love the way the build up to the chorus gets progressively more extreme throughout the song. I also enjoy the playfulness of the choreo, especially the part where they form 2 lines and weave back and forth in a "london-bridge" style.

Next, we've got "Why So Lonely" by Wonder Girls

I'm really excited that the Wonder Girls are back and that they are sticking with their dark!retro / girl band / addicted to love style that they pulled off so well in Reboot and the I Feel You MV. That being said, while this song hits the mark, the reggae influence takes away some of the song's punch. I also feel like the "beating up the male mannequin" thing falls a little flat after seeing the same storyline and some of the same visuals in Younha's Get It just a few weeks ago. But even given those caveats, this is definitely a solid summer jam. It doesn't top I Feel You, but it comes close.

Last but not least: The dance version of Why, by Taeyeon

This has just about everything I love about Kpop packed into one video. Absolutely incredible use of color and space, striking choreography, trend-setting musical production, a stunning yet unassuming star... you just don't see this every day. As much as I enjoyed the original story MV, this is the way this song was meant to be experienced. (bonus: no innocent hot dog sellers are squirted with mustard for no reason.) 

That's it for tonight. What do you guys think of these videos? Any other recent releases you are enjoying? 

OyiR3ag.gif

uLQaa7t.gif'

"나 힘들 때면 그대를 생각하며 용기를 낼게요." / "Whenever I'm tired, I'll think of you and be brave." - Compass

Wonder girls "Why so lonely" really my jam right now.. It's so relaxing to hear.. I been replay that song so many times 😣👍

Seventeens very nice is my jam at the moment. 

jlNYZ3mb.jpgayBKAvwb.jpg

GFRIEND: the butterflies of the stars...

I enjoyed Seventeens Very Nice! Love how they keep their style while still delivering distinctive sounds. Im happy that the MV didn't have audio issues like last time too! Mansae is still my favorite release from them though.

Absolutely loved Taeyeon's release! So glad SM started to upload Dance versions too. Very aesthetically pleasing and the choreo fits the song so well. To me her album was superb as well. Hands On Me and Good Thing are my favorites from the album but the rest of the songs are very well produced too

Edited by YujuYujuYuju

Astro Breathless is good too :D It's produced by Iggy and Youngbae too :D

I Edited this Signature 

untitled_1_by_rontaku-da8ghl3.jpg  untitled_4_by_rontaku-da8gr9m.jpg

I really like Wonder Girl's release! :) it's catchy, but I don't think it's as good as I Feel You, just my opinion. Like it's good, but without the same epic impact?

Check out Gugudan's official debut, Wonderland! I really like it. It has some of the girls from Produce 101 if you're into that. Also, same company as VIXX.

rUfMuFW.pngsowonnie-s_zpsmw8tfy3j.png&key=9c70ae46f

♡ rest in peace ♡

4 minutes ago, sowonnie said:

I really like Wonder Girl's release! :) it's catchy, but I don't think it's as good as I Feel You, just my opinion. Like it's good, but without the same epic impact?

Check out Gugudan's official debut, Wonderland! I really like it. It has some of the girls from Produce 101 if you're into that. Also, same company as VIXX.

Meoribeuto balkkeukatji HOT ISSUE ! #LOL

I Edited this Signature 

untitled_1_by_rontaku-da8ghl3.jpg  untitled_4_by_rontaku-da8gr9m.jpg

VERY NICE BY MY BABIES SEVENTEEN IS THE ONLY THING HOLDING ME TOGETHER UNTIL OUR GIRLS COME BACK TBH <3

#LOL

So NCT-127 just released their debut track 'Fire Truck'. How do you feel about this one buddies? 

I liked 7th sense but for me, I'm bit disappointed. The parts before and after "Hands up if you're feeling the vibe now" ( the hey yeah yeah part) just feels so weird to me. The vocals in the bridge were nice though but overall wasn't really a fan of the verses. The song feels like its lacking energy for a hype song as well. I'm looking forward to see the full choreo and B sides though!

18 minutes ago, YujuYujuYuju said:

So NCT-127 just released their debut track 'Fire Truck'. How do you feel about this one buddies? 

I liked 7th sense but for me, I'm bit disappointed. The parts before and after "Hands up if you're feeling the vibe now" ( the hey yeah yeah part) just feels so weird to me. The vocals in the bridge were nice though but overall wasn't really a fan of the verses. The song feels like its lacking energy for a hype song as well. I'm looking forward to see the full choreo and B sides though!

I love SM Rookiez especially Jisung and I was hoping he would debut so I'm a bit down rn lel

Anyway, I don't really think I like the song tbh. Without U is still my jam 

자꾸만 내 맘 그대가 계속 번져요; my love for you keeps spreading, little by little

4 hours ago, YujuYujuYuju said:

I like the beat but something is missing idk I liked the 7th sense better and I'm also disappointed I wanted more singing and less rap lmao I really like Taeil and Donghyuk's voices

i'm seriously in love with nct, like i watch all their v app things, fangirl over all of their performances, but sorry dear this song isn't my style and i'm quite disappointed. i might change my mind if i get to see them perform this live. who knows, let's just see. 

Taeyeon's why was just lit, well atleast for me it is. the music video, the way it was sang everything was FLAWLESS.

Wonder Girl's why so lonely, was quite good but it didn't really left an impression for me.

Astro's new song wasn't a bop again.. astro is A REALLY REALLY X4829132 talented group. i just hope fantagio gives the boys better songs.

Seventeen's Very Nice is pretty impressive to be honest. i like it, no i love it. for me, there previous release, 'Pretty U' was not that strong and was just too cute for 13 boys. I'm glad this time, it was a bop.

Gugudan's debut was plain jane but that isn't bad. the song's catchy and the girls are cuuuute. my bias is mimi by the way xD giphy.gif

Firetruck... i dont know how to feel...its so un-smlike my brain is confused ._. (im an sm stan ) 

the bit where they sang was good though!

And i liked the mv! pretty and the guys are hot as hell and the bit at the end where the guys were cornering the grandmas grandaughter made me lol, so bizarre

Check out this new Oohyo song. It's very pretty, imo with a super cool music video considering it probably didn't have the biggest budget! :) 

♡ rest in peace ♡

Has anyone listened to Melody Day - Colors? The chorus was a bit underwhelming, but it's an easy-listening song and the MV is visually beautiful. They kinda remind me of mamamoo with the retro-feels and vocals.

Also, I listened to Sonamoo's I Like U Too Much, and I'm obssesed with it. Even though I miss the badass concept like in Deja-vu, this song is definitely good!!! They can pull off lots of concepts

12 minutes ago, Pandabi said:

Has anyone listened to Melody Day - Colors? The chorus was a bit underwhelming, but it's an easy-listening song and the MV is visually beautiful. They kinda remind me of mamamoo with the retro-feels and vocals.

I am a fan of Melody Day. They often have really good songs!
This one was a bit forgettable but still good, and the mv was GORGEOUS

♡ rest in peace ♡

7 hours ago, Pandabi said:

Also, I listened to Sonamoo's I Like U Too Much, and I'm obssesed with it. Even though I miss the badass concept like in Deja-vu, this song is definitely good!!! They can pull off lots of concepts

Overall I didn't really like Melody Day's - Colors but there were a few parts in the song that I did enjoy. I prefer their previous release #Love Me

I really liked Sonamoo's I Like U Too Much! The only parts where I was felt that it could have been a bit more exciting were the verses but overall I enjoyed the song ESPECIALLY the bridge! The chorus was so catchy too~ There's a B side in their album that I really liked called B.F, I liked the verses there! Enjoyed the vocals on B.F a lot too especially towards the end!

1 hour ago, YujuYujuYuju said:

Overall I didn't really like Melody Day's - Colors but there were a few parts in the song that I did enjoy. I prefer their previous release #Love Me

I really liked Sonamoo's I Like U Too Much! The only parts where I was felt that it could have been a bit more exciting were the verses but overall I enjoyed the song ESPECIALLY the bridge! The chorus was so catchy too~ There's a B side in their album that I really liked called B.F, I liked the verses there! Enjoyed the vocals on B.F a lot too especially towards the end!

Yes #Love Me (and Speed Up!!) were nice songs to listen to. It seems like Melody Day are transitioning from mostly ballad to upbeat/pop songs, so its like an awkard stage for them lol. 

(Sonamoo's album was good too!!)

aside from navillera and the LOL album that i currently listened nonstop :D

this is my current jam...soothing ballad...love it

dYlbMNL.gif

~The Love I Envy,Please don't Let me Down~ -Navillera:0:51-

I'm really enjoying the new song Fantasy by Fei from Miss A. It's been mired in some controversy due to the risque (by Korean standards) lyrics and video, not to mention the recent political comments Fei has made on social media (which we won't get into here.) The video is pretty cool - I like the use of visual static to suggest a surreal or computer-generated image, and the contrast between the intimacy of the lyrics and the coldness of the atmosphere - but it is also fairly suggestive and currently you have to be signed in and of-age to view it, so fair warning. 

Spoiler

I am a big fan of Apink's Eunji, and her duets with Huh Gak are always on point (Short Hair is my jam) so I was excited to hear about this release. "바다/Ocean" is a perfect light and happy summer song. I found the parts where Eunji dances with projected backgrounds showing the sky, the ocean, and a fireworks display to be especially charming.

I've really enjoyed a lot of the SM station releases this summer and "All Mine" by F(x) is another great example. It's cool that Amber actually directed this video and that we get to hear her sing as well as rap. My one complaint is that these SM house/edm songs are starting to blend together a little... between Free Somebody, I Just Wanna Dance, Why, and No Matter What, SM is really going for a specific sound right now and I'd like to see a little more variation. That being said, this is a fun and uplifting song, and the authentic, low-key MV style is refreshing and shows you a new side of F(x).

OyiR3ag.gif

uLQaa7t.gif'

"나 힘들 때면 그대를 생각하며 용기를 낼게요." / "Whenever I'm tired, I'll think of you and be brave." - Compass

f(x)'s new realease is great!! Downloaded it before I even finished listening to it all the way through xD 

♡ rest in peace ♡

It's a remake of Papaya's Listen To Me from 2000. but they make a great effort here..the song sounds very refreshing... :D

dYlbMNL.gif

On 2016/8/1 at 9:24 PM, Yujuism said:

It's a remake of Papaya's Listen To Me from 2000. but they make a great effort here..the song sounds very refreshing... :D

Very soothing song!! I love it although tbh i didn't expect to like it too much based of the teasers...

Their B side tremake Jet'aime is a wonderful song too!

On 8/5/2016 at 3:23 AM, YujuYujuYuju said:

Very soothing song!! I love it although tbh i didn't expect to like it too much based of the teasers...

Their B side tremake Jet'aime is a wonderful song too!

yep..well basically all of the song in their new minis are single worthy song in my opinion :D

dYlbMNL.gif

Gfriend's favourite girl group is coming back with Lip 2 Lip. I'm not a fan of them tho. But then, I thought maybe I should give a try. I guess I'm not regretting it? The song is okay but I like their B sides 'Shh!' better, the composer of "Shh!' is the same as 'Gone With The Wind' which is E.ONE. Their mini album is great ^_^ Btw, 9MusesA is a sub unit of 9muses.