Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Albatro

interview
[Translation | Xportsnews] (Interview) GFRIEND: "Thank You for 'Summer Rain' 1st Place... We'd Like to Meet You At a Concert!"

5 posts in this topic

0000775477_001_20170915151555538.jpg?type=w430_q70

[Xportsnews Park So-hyun Reporter] 

From 'Love Whisper' to 'Summer Rain.' GFRIEND is 'working hard.'

After coming back on the 13th with their first repackage album 'RAINBOW,' GFRIEND has reached 1st place in music charts and have been receiving lots of love. In a recent meeting with Xportsnews, GFRIEND shared their reactions to the recent car accident: "We were shocked at the time, but we are thankful that nobody was seriously hurt and so we can shrug the incident off as it definitely could have been worse."

Following the release of 'Summer Rain,' the song rose to 1st place in various music charts. It's a fitting result for the 'Digital Queens' GFRIEND, but they were simply amazed. GFRIEND members emphasized: "We are very thankful. Since this was our first time making a speedy comeback, we had lots of concerns. But thanks to the love we immediately received, we are able to start off the promotions on a positive note."

Alongside 'Summer Rain,' 'Rainbow' also made a surprise appearance on the music charts, receiving positive reactions. GFRIEND is well aware of these reactions. GFRIEND members say they often browse comments to monitor reactions. They smiled: "We appreciate everyone's positive comments towards the song. There are lots of listeners who like our side track 'Rainbow' as well."

'Power Innocence' was GFRIEND's unique trademark. It characterized GFRIEND with innocent, but powerful choreographies. This time, they are putting forward 'Innocent Emotions.' GFRIEND defined this promotion as 'PowerUp Innocence.' They then explained: "We added more emotions and focused more on elements like 'dance lines' rather than power to emphasize our unique emotional and innocent characters. Then they added: "It's an extension of the storytelling done in 'Love Whisper.'" They also note to watch for the choreography as the dance moves have been tailored to the lyrics of the song.

Umji's more mature atmosphere also received lots of interest during the teaser reveal for 'Summer Rain.' To this, Umji shyly answered: "I think it's because our fans gave us lots of love, so I was able to think more positive and more happy - and it showed." Yerin supported her by stating: "Umji is more charming the more you look at her." "I do think that my face is showing more maturity than before. I've been trying various hair parting and eyebrow shapes that suit me well and when I find them, my weaknesses get covered up and so that helps," added Umji.

'Summer Rain' is planned to be promoted for roughly 2 weeks. GFRIEND members welcomed the interaction with fans, saying: "This year, we wanted to spend lots of time with our fans. Our favourite part is being able to consecutively meet with fans in new and better looks following a month of 'Love Whisper' promotions." They expressed their love for fans, commenting: "It's great to have the opportunity to continuously communicate with our fans."

Another one of their goals is to host a concert. All of the GFRIEND members openly expressed their interest in a concert. They stated: "We really want to host one. We'd sometimes visualize the scene on our own, brainstorming things we would like to try when we get the opportunity for a concert. We'd love to meet our fans in a concert by next year at the latest."

In the meantime, GFRIEND is planned to actively promote on music shows such as the September 15th episode of 'Music Bank' on KBS 2TV.

sohyunpark@xportsnews.com
/Photo = Source Music
59bd263cc6cd1_ScreenShot2017-09-16at9_25_09AM.png.ecb3b772254aef4dbda629ac31ac3f27.png

Comments:

+ 126, - 15
Listening to Summer Rain, I felt that the members are able to effectively express and communicate the emotions embedded in the song. They are good at singing not only because they don't make mistakes on stage, but because their vocals have improved in these areas since debut.

+ 96, - 14
GFRIEND Summer Rain is so good and I'd love to meet other Buddies at a GFRIEND concert~

+ 75, - 9
GFRIEND fighting

+ 78, - 11
GFRIEND fighting!

+ 81, - 13
I'm definitely going to the concert if there is one!!

Source: Naver TVEntertainment
Translated by Albatro

"이거 하나만 약속해, 변치 않기를 바랄게. 그때도 지금처럼 날 향해 웃어줘"

"Promise me this one thing, I hope you don't change. Smile at me then like you do now"

Thanks for your great translation mate. Interesting interview

Half of what I say is meaningless

Half of what I say is meaningless

Thanks for the translation! I can't wait for their concert!

Sent from my SM-G935F using GFSquad.com mobile app

I want a concert right now:gfs-smilie-gfriend:

5ibEtdd.gifH027EVu.gif

10 hours ago, Albatro said:

"I do think that my face is showing more maturity than before. I've been trying various hair parting and eyebrow shapes that suit me well and when I find them, my weaknesses get covered up and so that helps," added Umji.

That's one thing I really like about GFriend, they always seem so down to earth and open with things.

I am good at making puppy noises - Eunha @ 18:15