Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
유주얼천사

When you show your parents your albums...

11 posts in this topic

How are their reactions? Do they judge the members also? 

My parents are like:

• Mom - "So you like this person, huh?" *points to Yuju* :sb1:<--- My reaction. How in the sorcerer's name did you guess my bias? And that was just purely guessing too!
  • *points to Umji* "I think she looks innocent and pretty. I like her." - Mom
  • *points to Sowon* "She's pretty." - Mom
  • *points to Yuju* "I think she doesn't look nice/has a strong personality" - Mom
  • "I think we should ask your Dad as to who's the prettiest" - Mom 
  • *Dad proceeds to point to Eunha*

I think it's fun sometimes to show your parents your albums sometimes... always get a good laugh or two. :umji-hihi:

(Showed them the Parallel album, by the way... I could show them my Flower Bud poster and still pick who's pretty)

(All the members are pretty and nice by the way, this is just for humor. I would never judge GFRIEND by their looks, oh dear no.)

So beautiful, like a stream of rain water, our transparent story...

ezgif.com-crop.gif.5dd0988a7301cbcff9b8c7650b4e37b3.gif

GFRIEND

Dad's always seem to like Eunha lol

Not album but I was watching their MV on our TV and my mom coincidentally passes by and watched several GFriend MVs with me. She really liked Yuju's voice and she really really loved Eunha's "dollish look". She understands now why I buy their albums but still finds it weird that her son loves to watch cute Korean girls dancing and singing with a language I don't understand. LOL

GFriend will be my last girl group...

NEW SIG2.gif

My mum doesnt mind my gfriend albums all that much, she thinks i've gone a bit crazy tho When my mum saw 6 copies of The Awakening she was kinda annoyed but she doesnt really mind because I bought it with my own money. I wonder how she'll react when she sees 10 copies of Parallel :^)

giphy.gif

Let's start fresh, you and me

Mom is okay because she know its my hobby and I bought everything with my own money. But dad sometimes curious why I listen to cute Korean girls singing and dancing to a song with the language I don't understand, and later I would bash him too when he listen to Chinese song because he also don't understand Chinese.

eRtbf5Y.gif

"밤하늘의 달마저 가리워지는 교차점에서, 기다려요. 기적은 이루어질까요?"

Where even the moon in the night sky hides, I'm waiting for you. Will there be a miracle?

I never really showed my parents my collection. My mom knew I've been buying albums here and there with my own money and I always told her just the retail price without the shipping and you international buddies know how shipping cost is a bit crazy sometimes. Coming from a more traditional Asian family, she sometimes would still judge me things like why do I have girl group posters on my wall and such. She later acknowledged more that this is my passion and hobby and she's more okay with it now. As a kpop fan, getting people to acknowledge something they do not understand could be particularly frustrated sometimes especially from your family or friends. It's also different as a male fan than a female fan because I feel like people tend to look down on male fans more. A similar example would be people using the word  "otaku" with a negative tone just because they do not understand something that others enjoying doing. But I believe the more people see and hear, the more they would understand and start to appreciate the culture.    

Well, I bought it using my own money from a part time job. To be honest tho, my parent, my mom especially can easily detect some changes I've done. She'll be like...how come you left just this amount of money...And I'll be like,' I've already kept some of my savings for gfriend's album' :BeastToss-03: She's strict but I would say she did understand by not dragging about it always..

She didn't really go through my albums but she can hummed to the song out of sudden 

Edited by TaylorRif

I use my own money so my mom doesn't care about what I bought But she has received EMS stuffs for me all the time. Sometimes, she asks what they are, then I show her. She knows all Gfriend Members name because we usually watch YouTube on Tv together

Sent from my iPad using GFSquad.com mobile app

My dad says Eunha and SinB are beautiful. While my mom.. lol she's the one who arranges may albums for display. she even thought of taking a picture and posting it on facebook :BeastToss-32:

Mental giphy.gif Maknae

I display all my albums on a dressing table beside my bed, and one day my dad walks in and was like "wow your Gfriend shrine is getting bigger" (this was after I bought the parallel and rainbow albums, before that they have never commented before) xD 

Now my family comes and tries to guess who the oldest and youngest in Gfriend is while looking at the different albums, but the only person they can get correct is Umji being the youngest xD 

7Iu0yew.gif

찬란하게 빛나던 시간이었다고 

맑은 여름비처럼 고마웠었다고

my family aside from the sister have no interest in kpop or my slow growing collection so they react the same way they do when i bring new books home. a shake of the head, roll of the eyes and sighing while saying 'stop buying books! theres no room' when i rebut with 'it's not a book this time' they reply with 'there's still no room for it!' doesnt stop me though.