Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Acey

music
(WIP) Intro and Love Whisper Piano Cover

11 posts in this topic

This is more like a musical discovery thread for GFRIEND's new music rather than exactly a cover thread :P Kinda want Buddies to share their covers and discoveries on the new music (like key, chord progs., etc.)

Anyway, here's a small "try cover" of the track in the Comeback Trailer played on my rusty old 5-octave keyboard (pardon the sticky keys, as this is instrument is so old):

http://picosong.com/vcdZ

I was able to derive the first half of the video, still haven't tackled the arpeggios near the end. I think the track is on F# Major based from the parts I've played.

Feel free to discover the upcoming music of GFRIEND and share your musical thoughts here and together, we'll derive the actual chords of the song! :) (I have a strong feeling that the title track would be in the same key, as well)

Yuju.png.fcca76aa877ba62941b60d8a0d0b6e29.png

괜찮은 느낌 이 떨림 나도 몰래 우연히 봄

6 hours ago, Acey said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The original title was "Belief, Parallel Album Intro Cover: A Musical Discovery" but I think it's too long lol

Hi guys! So you might have seen the comeback trailer already. Guess who's so fascinated by the music!

Anyway, here's a small "try cover" of the track in the Comeback Trailer played on my rusty old 5-octave keyboard (pardon the sticky keys, as this is instrument is so old):

http://picosong.com/vcdZ

I was able to derive the first half of the video, still haven't tackled the arpeggios near the end. I think the track is on F# Major based from the parts I've played. Feel free to discover the upcoming music of GFRIEND and share your musical thoughts here and together, we'll derive the actual chords of the song! :)

(I have a strong feeling that the title track would be in the same key, as well)

:sowon-wow: I wish I was as talented as you are :u2:I have always wanted to learn how to play the keyboard but I never had the chance to do so, so I focused on guitars instead but sadly, it has been 3 years since I have been separated with my guitar so :BeastToss-03:

tumblr_nrptze36LK1u92k49o4_250.gif    I WILL ALWAYS BE SINB'S    tumblr_nrptze36LK1u92k49o1_250.gif

The intro chords as I hear it was 

F#M - G#m - A#m/F#M

The riff was reminiscent of Rough, as well, but loving the vibes!

What got me more is Yuju's vocal part. That D in there makes it so loveable. Cna't wait to hear the full song!

(here's a snippet btw)

괜찮은 느낌 이 떨림 나도 몰래 우연히 봄

Acey!!! This sounds so good!! I'm rubbish at transcribing so being able to pick out these chords is so cool :0 

8Hwt9x.gif8SqYLK.gif

Spoiler

On 7/27/2017 at 0:59 AM, SinB's said:

:sowon-wow: I wish I was as talented as you are :u2:I have always wanted to learn how to play the keyboard but I never had the chance to do so, so I focused on guitars instead but sadly, it has been 3 years since I have been separated with my guitar so :BeastToss-03:

Thanks! Go back with guitars and let's make music xD

13 hours ago, Hana said:

Acey!!! This sounds so good!! I'm rubbish at transcribing so being able to pick out these chords is so cool :0 

Thank you! Well, I just try to derive them relative to Canon in D's first note and got it from there haha! 

괜찮은 느낌 이 떨림 나도 몰래 우연히 봄

5 hours ago, Acey said:

Thank you! Well, I just try to derive them relative to Canon in D's first note and got it from there haha! 

Oh haha nice! Usually I attempt by pressing random keys until I get one that sounds right. Or I try the interval trick which I learned years ago back in music class, although I never really wrapped my head around all of it (I'm just too slow lol). (It's when you have a note and you're trying to figure out the next one - if the two sounds like the beginning of a certain song (like happy birthday, which is a major second) then it's a certain interval and hence you can figure out what the second note is). I just... never really got good at it and remembering all the songs LOL

8Hwt9x.gif8SqYLK.gif

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, Hana said:

Oh haha nice! Usually I attempt by pressing random keys until I get one that sounds right. Or I try the interval trick which I learned years ago back in music class, although I never really wrapped my head around all of it (I'm just too slow lol). (It's when you have a note and you're trying to figure out the next one - if the two sounds like the beginning of a certain song (like happy birthday, which is a major second) then it's a certain interval and hence you can figure out what the second note is). I just... never really got good at it and remembering all the songs LOL

Kinda did that trick as well to find the right key! Well, it's pretty awesome. Did you go to a music school? xD

괜찮은 느낌 이 떨림 나도 몰래 우연히 봄

15 hours ago, Acey said:

Thanks! Go back with guitars and let's make music xD

Well I would love to but I need to save first so that I could buy a new guitar 

tumblr_nrptze36LK1u92k49o4_250.gif    I WILL ALWAYS BE SINB'S    tumblr_nrptze36LK1u92k49o1_250.gif

18 hours ago, Acey said:

Kinda did that trick as well to find the right key! Well, it's pretty awesome. Did you go to a music school? xD

Ooh that's cool to hear. Seems like it works better for you than it does for me LOL.

Nah, I just went to a regular school. It was just a music class there :3

8Hwt9x.gif8SqYLK.gif

Spoiler

I tried playing the whole song last night and guess what; based on my observation and beginner hearing skills, I think it's really not in F# but in  

The verse started out in E/G# tune and modulated through Yuju's part on "hey-yeah, 어디서든 들려와 귀를 기울이면" (that's why you will hear a very strange but beautiful chord in there, the transition to the F# (the parts we were hearing on the teasers)

I'll try to upload a demo of mine later :D 

괜찮은 느낌 이 떨림 나도 몰래 우연히 봄

I think you're right about it being in E then modulating to F# just before the chorus.
I agree that the modulation seems to be in the latter part of the "hamkke, hey yeah" line, (the part in the "hamkke, hey" where the melody goes F#-G#-A-B); the chord progression from there seems to be B-B7 as the pivot chords leading into C#dom7 to resolve into the new I chord, F#, when the melody goes to A# note with Yuju's "yeah."

What I've tried out so far to go with chorus's melody is: *i typed it as ("syllable where the chord goes", chord)*
("eo"-, F#)-diseodeun deullyeo-(-"wa", B),
guireul giurimyeon (C#),
nareul hyanghan mideu-(-"me", F#c),
gwi-(-"re"-, A#aug)-ul giurimye-(-"on", D#m)
Then Eunha's part continues from the D#m of the previous line, going to C#-B-C#;
After which, F#-G#-A#-(A#aug, to go with the accidental note in the melody, D natural)-then D#m on the "gi" of "iyagi"

It sounds a bit different from the harmonies used in the song, but from what I've tried on the piano, these chords seem to fit nicely enough.

*I used the romanized lyrics from colorcodedlyricsI think you're right about it being in E then modulating to F# just before the chorus.
I agree that the modulation seems to be in the latter part of the "hamkke, hey yeah" line, (the part in the "hamkke, hey" where the melody goes F#-G#-A-B); the chord progression from there seems to be B-B7 as the pivot chords leading into C#dom7 to resolve into the new I chord, F#, when the melody goes to A# note with Yuju's "yeah."

What I've tried out so far to go with chorus's melody is: *i typed it as ("syllable where the chord goes", chord)*
("eo"-, F#)-diseodeun deullyeo-(-"wa", B),
guireul giurimyeon (C#),
nareul hyanghan mideu-(-"me", F#c),
gwi-(-"re"-, A#aug)-ul giurimye-(-"on", D#m)
Then Eunha's part continues from the D#m of the previous line, going to C#-B-C#;
After which, F#-G#-A#m-(A#aug, to go with the accidental note in the melody, D natural)-then D#m on the "gi" of "iyagi"

It sounds a bit different from the harmonies used in the song, but from what I've tried on the piano, these chords seem to fit nicely enough.

*I used romanized lyrics from colorcodedlyrics

Edited by cgw
I meant A#m not A#maj