Albatro

interview
[Translation | GQ Korea] Real GFRIEND #Eunha (Interview)

4 posts in this topic

Real GFRIEND #Eunha

Date: 160622

style_576a39a307874.jpg

Fans seem to have many different opinions on your bangs.
Ah, yeah. Haha.

Personally, which style do you prefer?
I just like both. I had bangs during middle school, and this is the first time lowering my hair in 5 years. So it feels slightly different.

So your hairstyle changed again?
Heheh, yeah. I changed it in preparation for our next song.

For some reason, talks relating to visuals seem to follow you around. Say, 'sides beauty'.
I'm not quite a 'sides beauty', but I do think my sides look better than my front.

Your eyes are pretty too.
Well, my eyes are visible on the sides too.

You once pointed out that you like your fingers, right? Just now, the members were going crazy over how pretty your fingers are during the photoshoot.
I was asked for my charm point, but I didn't have one in particular. So I answered that some people like my small and chubby hands.

What do you think you lack in?
Too many. I have too many things I lack in.

You may be wondering why I asked this, but it's because you don't seem to have confidence when you talk.
It's because my visuals don't really stand out. Am I just lowering my self-esteem too much? Heheh.

Your beauty stands out though....
Thank you.

Shall we talk about something else? You seem to be getting more and more parts in GFRIEND's songs. What do you think your role is in GFRIEND?
Yeah, I really appreciate that. In our team, I'm responsible for being the cutie-pie.

Now that I see it, your charm point is how you hesitantly speak in an unconfident tone.
But I spoke these words with confidence.

Haha. I'm sorry. But you aren't sort of frozen right now, right?
No, I'm okay.

Did I do something wrong....
Not really. Maybe it's because I'm sad after hearing that I lack confidence. But that's sort of true.

You're someone who not only fans, but who partners look for the most. Didn't you participate in the most music videos and song features? If you think about it, why would anyone look for someone who has no charms in this harsh business world? What I want to say is, you have all the rights in the world to be confident in yourself.
Thank you. That really does fascinate me. Why did they choose me? So I do have a bit of pressure to do well to not be a nuisance to anyone.

Any new songs you liked recently?
I listened to a lot of songs by 'Dean'. I think this album is good.

What song do you usually practice with?
Like Dean's album, whichever song that I frequently listen to at that moment.

What kind of song do you think suits you the best?
I'm not entirely sure yet. I tried ballads, calmer songs with rap features, and cheerful songs too. People say my voice changes with every genre. I still don't know what I'm particularly good at, and I want to try out a variety of genres.

Personally, I liked when you sang 'The Thorn Birds' from < Immortal Songs >.
Oh, really? That's a calm one.

Perhaps your strength is being able to perform a variety of genres in unique voices.
Yeah. I'm not completely settled with anything, and I have lots that I want to try.

style_5769e9e07ca27.jpg

Source: GQ Korea
Translated by Albatro

"이거 하나만 약속해, 변치 않기를 바랄게. 그때도 지금처럼 날 향해 웃어줘"

"Promise me this one thing, I hope you don't change. Smile at me then like you do now"

For me I think Eunha's delivery in Immortal Song 2 when GFRIEND performed "Fox" fits her. It's not unusual for someone at her age or business to have doubts about one's self. Seems like she's going through a phase of just growing up. The difference is that she's growing up in the public's eye. While her insecurities may show, I feel that she's exploring things she likes and things she's good at. She'll eventually find her way in both profession and herself. Hwaiting, Eunha! :)

Thank you, @Albatro for doing this translation. I love the format too, it's easy and enjoyable to read. I'll make my way to the other interviews too. :D

On 7/4/2017 at 0:38 AM, Albatro said:

Eunha: ... I'm responsible for being the cutie-pie.

And she is nailing it! :x

59 minutes ago, GFSuzr said:

For me I think Eunha's delivery in Immortal Song 2 when GFRIEND performed "Fox" fits her.

Do you have a link for that one @GFSuzr?

I am good at making puppy noises - Eunha @ 18:15

25 minutes ago, strawberry_an_banana said:

Do you have a link for that one @GFSuzr?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bJx2MMdlfQ

36 minutes ago, GFSuzr said:

I love the format too, it's easy and enjoyable to read.

I just copy the original article's formatting ~_~

"이거 하나만 약속해, 변치 않기를 바랄게. 그때도 지금처럼 날 향해 웃어줘"

"Promise me this one thing, I hope you don't change. Smile at me then like you do now"