Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Albatro

interview
[Translation | GQ Korea] Real GFRIEND #Yerin (Interview)

4 posts in this topic

Real GFRIEND #Yerin

Date: 160622

style_576a39acba256.jpg

Your laughing face left an impression on the public. Do you have tips for a pretty laugh?
Well, I can't really laugh prettily. So I don't think so? Apparently I use the entirety of my face muscles to laugh. So there was a time where I had to think about how to show a pretty laugh.

Was it because of the related search keyword 'Fake Laugh'?
Yeah, you know, nobody checks their life on camera. Watching myself after debut, despite seeing myself laugh in funny moments, I questioned why I was laughing like that. I realized people could take them the wrong way.

As emphasized as the laughing face is, your normal face is as calm as it could be. You have a clean visual, but you don't stay still for even a moment. There's just so much contrast.
I'm naturally bad at staying still. I went to an English academy during high school, and my bum hurt after having sat down for so long. So I remember telling my mom that staying seated is too difficult.

What do you do when you're in waiting rooms?
I sleep. When I sit down, I usually sleep.

I think you are becoming calmer as time passes.
Well, I'm at that age where I want to look pretty. Haha. I'm getting more experienced at picking when to be funny and when to be pretty.

I think your funny and extreme character you showed early on was what led GFRIEND.
Thank you for interpreting my character that way. I think our members were sort of frozen in front of the cameras back then. Now, they're hilarious.

But you were okay?
I wasn't camera shy. I just had fun on camera, and people liked it.

Yeah, I really do think you weren't camera shy, seeing how comfortable you were with making eye contact.
With my personality, I'm not so good at making eye contact. I'm doing it on purpose to fix that. I used to pass by people without even saying hello because I had a hard time making eye contact. But then at one point I thought, 'what if that person thinks I don't like him/her?' and ever since then, I try my best to make eye contact although it's difficult to do so.

You are good at laughing, competitive by nature, and full of energy, but you have something going.
I'm not competitive at all. I won't even care if I come in last place. I wondered why I appear to be competitive, and then I saw myself winning in games all the time. It was just a coincidence though. My goal wasn't to win.

You really seem to put on a different mindset when you play games. It's like you roll up your sleeves and get to action.
Might as well do my best.

Yeah, that's exactly it.
But I don't get angry even if I lose to someone.

Then I'll ask this. Are you ambitious?
No, I don't really have a lot of ambition. I usually lower my expectations with everything. Then I feel that much happier when I acquire something later on. It really saddens me when I really want something, but don't end up getting it. So I like to think that nothing is given to me. I feel more comfortable that way.

Then the current GFRIEND must be a huge surprise, right?
Yeah, I'm very thankful for the position we are in.

Even then, don't you have something that does motivate yourself? Something that you really want to be good at.
I haven't thought about it too much. Wouldn't it be better to just be good at anything?

You seem to have ambitions as an entertainer. Don't you always want to make people happy?
I do have something like that. I feel happy when I see others smiling because of me.

You might not have any ambitions, but do you have a goal?
Mm, I want to be a friend that can make my close people happy.

style_5769e9e07ca27.jpg

Source: GQ Korea
Translated by Albatro

"이거 하나만 약속해, 변치 않기를 바랄게. 그때도 지금처럼 날 향해 웃어줘"

"Promise me this one thing, I hope you don't change. Smile at me then like you do now"

2 hours ago, Albatro said:

Then I'll ask this. Are you ambitious?
No, I don't really have a lot of ambition. I usually lower my expectations with everything. Then I feel that much happier when I acquire something later on. It's really sad if I really want something, but don't end up getting it. So I like to think that nothing is given to me. I feel more comfortable that way.

This is exactly what I love to hear from GFriend and Yerin! No sense of self-entitlement whatsoever! They realize nothing is gonna be given to them and if they want to reach the top, then they must grind it out through the highs and lows.

I loved reading this sentence over and over.

FEZ4zS.gif "Fall down eight times, get up nine." 

"Вся слава Тому, Кто искупил жизнь мою"

On 7/3/2017 at 9:07 AM, Albatro said:

You might not have any ambitions, but do you have a goal?
Mm, I want to be a friend that can make my close people happy.

Source: GQ Korea
Translated by Albatro

That's why I feel happy all the time when I see GFRIEND. :x

I've noticed since "Navillera" that she's smiling much more, but in a "pretty" way. It's so noticeable these days after she delivers her lines or during non-singing parts. I like how she approaches things, with the intention of doing her best while not getting upset if the outcome doesn't go her way. She does her best of course and while having fun at the same time. While she is the energy of the group (I think so), it's nice to see that when others are happy, she is happy.

Thank you again, @Albatro!

:yerin-love: