tubafrank

my KCon experience

9 posts in this topic

When GFriend was announced that they will attend the KCon NY this year, I was determined that I want to go see them and went ahead and book the flight ticket and hotel eventhough I didn't even know which day they will be performing. I was planning on purchase the Diamond package due to the meet and greet. However, when the ticket went on sale (Literately 2 minutes after I got on to the ticket website) all the Diamond packages were all gone, and I settled for the P1 combo instead for the seating eventhough I am only interested in seeing GFriend, and the reason I purchased combo ticket is because I didn't know which day GFriend will be on.  After consulting with jkyc, I have determined that P1 will be my best choice. jkyc also mentioned that since I purchase combo ticket, I will have two guarantee Hi-Touches passes, and If I didn't get GFriend, I will have to trade with someone for GFriend Hi-Touch. So I left Vancouver Airport in BC Canada on the 22nd on the flight to Newark NJ (which the flight delayed for hour and half, and I didn't reach NJ until 10:30 pm).  After settled down and getting a bit to eat, I didn't go to sleep until 3 in the morning and excited for the GFriend on the 23nd.

June 23

After reading one of the posts on the Forum that the line up for check in will be the REALLY LONG  and advised to be there really early, I got up at 4:30 am and walk to the Prudential Center ready for check in, To my surprise, there were only 3 people waiting in line in front of me. A lady from South Carolina in front of me had a mini Junk Box playing KPop music which makes the waiting more pleasant (if not for her, I might fall to sleep on the stairs of Prudential Center) It wasn't until around 6am when people start to arrived and there was actually a line. After the registration start at 7am and got my package and scratch tickets, I got a KNK and HIGHLIGHT High-Touch, therefore, I was frantically asking people to hoping to trade for GFriend High-Touch. Of all the people I asked who has a GFriend Hi-Touch, they all want to keep it. Finally, after a long search, I was able to trade both my KNK and HIGHLIGH Hi-Touch for a GFriend Hi-Touch with a nice young lady (eventhough I think she got a bargain, but I don't care as GFriend is the only reason I am there, and I am determined to get a Hi-Touch with them) ,  I went to the event at AT&T booth where GFriend was featuring and stood by the fence line waving my YuGu Bon and doing the fan chant at the same time. When they walk in, to be honest, my heart almost stopped. They are WAY prettier than on YouTube and wearing all black just make them classier. I was shouting YOJIACHINGU and waving my Yugu Bon as they each did the post and sign for the picture. I must confess that SoWon is really skinny, and she really should eat more.

After AT&T booth event, I was running for  lineup for Griend Hi-Touch as it is right after, lucky enough, I didn't wait long in the line up and was able to get into the building rather quickly. Apparently, Hi-Touch ticket holders are at the front by the stage while fan engagement ticket holders are a little behind barracked by the fance behind us. When GFriend walked onto the stage, they each did a little introduction in English and did a little interview. They also playing a little game of Charades. The way they choose team for the game by putting their arms up or down is SO CUTE.

After Charades, comes the much anticipated Hi-Touch. As people going up the stage from the right side, GFriend were smiling the whole time, As I walked on the stage and saw YuJu smiling at me, I was thinking I must be in Heaven!!! She is one of the reasons why I became Buddy, be able to say hi to her just lights up my heart. See all of them smiling at me while doing Hi-Five makes this long trip and lack of sleep all worth it. One thing I find quite interesting is that while holding Yugu Bon and Hi-Touch them, all of them were saying "Thank you" to me. I was quite shock when I hear SoWon speaking English to me, I though she doesn't speak English. I must say that "Thank you" meant  lot to me, and definitely made me love them more. They definitely got the BEST fan service that I personally know, and am proud to be a Buddy.

After the fan engagement, there was a break in between, and I was able to check out Booths at KCon and purchased all the GFriend stuff that I can get my hand onto :) . I went to their food court and got some delicious Korean food before red carpet at night. At the Red Carpet, they were just STUNNING!! and happy for fans to take pictures.

The Concert starts at 8pm and GFriend sang 4 of their signature songs: Fingertip, Rough, Navillera and MGT, and I was singing with them including all the fan chant the whole time while waving my Yugu Bon. Watching them live is at least 10 times better than watch them on YouTube, they are just perfect and absolutely stunning.  Special MC SinB and Chani from SF9 introduced the special performance by Yuju and Dongwoon from HIGHLIGHT singing Disney's "Beauty and Beast" Yuju's voice is just pitch perfect and warm to your hear. Yuju and Umji also did little segment introduce the Winter Olympic Game which will be happening in PyeongChang next February. I was quite surprise by Yuju's English, I know that umji is fluent in English, but apparently Yuju's English is quite good as well. Her English sound pretty fluent and accurate to me.                                             

After the concert was over, I was waiting outside the backstage and hoping to have a chance to wave good bye to them, but some how I missed it, which is unfortunate, but there is always the next time. my goal is to attend their mini concert or fan engagement at least once a year.   

I know it is quite a long account and I hope you enjoy reading my experience at my first KCon as I enjoy writing it.

Thanks for your fan account. I commend you for your detailed explanations of the event. I'm surprised you went so early to register for KCON but happy you ended up getting the GFriend hi touch. I got there at around 10am and tonnes of people were buying, selling and trading hi touch experiences. I actually spent a few hours trading and selling some of the passes I didn't need. GFriend hi touch passes were selling for about $150-$200. Some people were lucky to get them for $100. Highlight was selling for $100-$150 and KNK not so much... So I think you got a good deal! :sowonnice:

I am so glad you enjoyed your time there!! Seeing them in real life is a life changing experience. I would say it's almost an addiction. Once you see them live once, you'll want to keep going again and again! I'm glad you didn't end up have to buy the hi-touch tickets, some people sell those for insanely high prices.

HERE I GO, I WANNA GO

nerdysinbart sig.jpg

cr: nerdysinb

22 minutes ago, Jkyc said:

I am so glad you enjoyed your time there!! Seeing them in real life is a life changing experience. I would say it's almost an addiction

He's not lying. Once you see them and meet them. There's no turning back!

2 minutes ago, AznSeoul said:

He's not lying. Once you see them and meet them. There's no turning back!

It's a very VERY slippery slope hahaha

:BeastToss-32:

HERE I GO, I WANNA GO

nerdysinbart sig.jpg

cr: nerdysinb

I am so glad you enjoyed your time there!! Seeing them in real life is a life changing experience. I would say it's almost an addiction. Once you see them live once, you'll want to keep going again and again! I'm glad you didn't end up have to buy the hi-touch tickets, some people sell those for insanely high prices.

I do agree that it is very exciting to see them live. I am not kidding, it is just like seeing five angels on the stages. I am really glad that I was able to trade the for GFriend hi-touch with a really nice young lady. As a matter of fact. One lady is willing to trade her all access pass for a CNBlue Hi-Touch. I am glad that I got my GFriend hi-touch., as they are the only reason that I went

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using GFSquad.com mobile app

Thank you for sharing. I could imagine how tough it would be trying to trade for hi touch passes. Since we are talking about hi touch, I also want to share my scratch ticket  and hi touch experience.

I checked in on Friday morning around 10 am and there were still a bunch of people trying to trade right next to the check-in booth. I had bought two p1 combo tickets so I was supposed to get four scratch tickets but they had somehow ran out of scratch tickets so I only got 3 at that time and I was told to come back for the last scratch ticket later. I then took my 3 scratch tickets to the side and trying to see what I get but then I soon realized I was swamped by all the people trying to trade so all I heard was people saying "WHAT DID YOU GET, WHAT DID YOU GET." in my ears. I was a bit overwhelmed but I managed to safely scratched the tickets and I got 2 HIGHLIGHT and 1 TWICE. It was a big mistake on my part to do the scratch tickets on public with at least 10 people watching me because people went crazy after seeing me got TWICE.. I could not hear anything after that as way too many people tried to trade with my TWICE but I stayed calm and still managed to trade 1 HIGHLIGHT for 1 GFRIEND from a desperate girl. She almost cried and could not thank me enough. About an hour later I got my last scratch ticket and got another GFRIEND hi touch. So I had 2GFRIEND,1 TWICE , and 1 HIGHLIGHT. I went to all the fan engagement obviously and guess what I did with my two GFRIEND hi touch ?  I actually went up the stage "twice" (no pun intended) !!  It was such an amazing experience seeing, talking, and touching them girls in person. Like other GFS members mentioned, it was a life changing moment for me ! Although I was so nervous that my friend said I look like a wimp on the stage goving them hi fives but  how could i say. I could be anything for them girls so being a wimp for a few minutes was totally worth it LOL.

So yeah, that was my KCON NY 2017 hi touch experience.     

Thank you for sharing. I could imagine how tough it would be trying to trade for hi touch passes. Since we are talking about hi touch, I also want to share my scratch ticket  and hi touch experience.
I checked in on Friday morning around 10 am and there were still a bunch of people trying to trade right next to the check-in booth. I had bought two p1 combo tickets so I was supposed to get four scratch tickets but they had somehow ran out of scratch tickets so I only got 3 at that time and I was told to come back for the last scratch ticket later. I then took my 3 scratch tickets to the side and trying to see what I get but then I soon realized I was swamped by all the people trying to trade so all I heard was people saying "WHAT DID YOU GET, WHAT DID YOU GET." in my ears. I was a bit overwhelmed but I managed to safely scratched the tickets and I got 2 HIGHLIGHT and 1 TWICE. It was a big mistake on my part to do the scratch tickets on public with at least 10 people watching me because people went crazy after seeing me got TWICE.. I could not hear anything after that as way too many people tried to trade with my TWICE but I stayed calm and still managed to trade 1 HIGHLIGHT for 1 GFRIEND from a desperate girl. She almost cried and could not thank me enough. About an hour later I got my last scratch ticket and got another GFRIEND hi touch. So I had 2GFRIEND,1 TWICE , and 1 HIGHLIGHT. I went to all the fan engagement obviously and guess what I did with my two GFRIEND hi touch ?  I actually went up the stage "twice" (no pun intended) !!  It was such an amazing experience seeing, talking, and touching them girls in person. Like other GFS members mentioned, it was a life changing moment for me ! Although I was so nervous that my friend said I look like a wimp on the stage goving them hi fives but  how could i say. I could be anything for them girls so being a wimp for a few minutes was totally worth it LOL.
So yeah, that was my KCON NY 2017 hi touch experience.     

I think I remember a guy with a Mexican hat went on the stage twice, there for I presume it was you. Lucky for you to get 2,GFriend hi-touch. It is quite a life changing experience

Just now, tubafrank said:

I think I remember a guy with a Mexican hat went on the stage twice, there for I presume it was you. Lucky for you to get 2,GFriend hi-touch. It is quite a life changing experience

It wasn't me as I am Asian xD But I cannot agree you more.