Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AznSeoul

[FANACC] 170326 GFriend "The Awakening" Incheon Fansign

12 posts in this topic

Hello Buddies, I'm pretty new here to GFSquad, but I'm a veteran Buddy from Toronto, Canada. I would like to share my experiences with GFriend to all of you in hopes that you can one day do the same and live the ultimate dream! Please enjoy the many fan accounts that I have had throughout the year. :)

-------- 170326 Incheon Fansign

Sadly this would be my last fansign for “Awakening”. (I had gone to two prior to this one.) With my wallet burning, I had figured three fansigns would be enough. (I sadly lost 2 of the 5 that I had entered) :( This fansign was by far the furthest away I would attend as it was held in a small room at the Shinsegae Department Store in Incheon. Unlike when I came to this building previously during Rough comeback, a smaller different room was used. It wasn’t an ideal location as seats were not theatre style as it was here previously and all of us were seated on an even level, thus it was hard to see much if you were behind the first few rows. I don’t know if luck had to do with it, but I somehow managed to draw ticket #1 of 100 for this fansign. I was literally shocked, how could I go first? I had never gone first for a fansign before. I had many friends here today from all across the world, they would all see me going up first. (I met many i-buddies in Korea during Navillera and Fingertip comebacks.) Honestly I was so nervous I couldn’t think of what to say, even my scripted questions were already gone from my head. Thank goodness the fansign was delayed and I had some time to regroup my thought and talk it out with some of my friends.

DDcF2TjXYAAuN-K.jpg

Once called up, I was greeted by Umji. I gave her my cd to sign. Oh my goodness.. The sticky note that’s supposed to be on the front of the cd had fallen off! Great…. Now they all had to ask for my name which would waste time.   That was not the case however. Umji automatically started writing my name and signing the cd. Oh my goodness. Does Umji remember me? It seems as she did as she wrote down my name without even asking me for it. I would continue talking to her telling her how beautiful looking she was that day. “Sowon how are you today?” I asked. “Okay. How are you?" she replied. At this point I was still shocked. Sowon had also just automatically remembered and written down my name.

C9ArQqCWAAAoFeQ.jpg

Onto SinB, I had written out something to her on a sticky note. “Say something bad to me”. At first, SinB was confused and kept asking why I wanted this. I didn't really have an explanation as another friend thought of the idea for me. She had replied on the sticky note “I don’t want to. I Love You.” Although the time was a little awkward I thought it was pretty funny. As I then headed on to Yuju she blurts out “JON”. Damn 4/6 of the members remembered me by name so far! We just chit chatted a little and I asked if she had been sleeping well recently.

<Yuju calls out to me at 2:45 in the following video>

When I got to Yerin she asked “What is your name?” Suddenly Eunha intervened with a flabbergasted look and scolded Yerin saying “HE IS JON!” Honestly at the moment I didn’t know what to do as I was literally shaking. After trying to regain my composure I told Yerin that I liked her hair colour and gave her some chocolate. However, as I put the chocolate in front of Yerin, Eunha snatched it away from her saying “MINE”. Wow, Eunha was fighting for me! LOL! Last but not least, Eunha was the final member for the fansign. Of course she knew my name so she signed my book quickly as I prepared her gift. I gave her a box of maple syrup cookies and showed her two identical photos of me and her at a location in Toronto which I hope she didn’t find that weird. I told her that I was very happy to see her and she replied “I’m happy too.” The last thing I said to her was “Thank you for remembering me. See you again soon.” Honestly I think this was the best fan sign I had attended to date. I had a great conversation all of the members and 5/6 members knew me by name. ^_^

----

Thanks for reading everyone. Please feel free to ask any questions! I will continue to post more fan accounts soon. :)

Edited by AznSeoul
Spell check

Much respect from a fella buddy !  Attending a fansign is probably my biggest dream for me so i am glad someone is doing what I dream of :D 

Thank you for such a detailed information about fansign as I almost thought I was there. I had wondered however, what's is the requirement to attend a one fan sign for GFriend ? Do you need to speak fluent Korean (preferably obviously)? 

It was my first time seeing our girls face to face on kcon ny 2017 and it was a truly amazing experience. It must be really honored to be recognized by the member and I very much envy you for that.

Keep up the hard work ! And GFriend fighting !!

2 hours ago, HankSenpai said:

Much respect from a fella buddy !  Attending a fansign is probably my biggest dream for me so i am glad someone is doing what I dream of :D 

Thank you for such a detailed information about fansign as I almost thought I was there. I had wondered however, what's is the requirement to attend a one fan sign for GFriend ? Do you need to speak fluent Korean (preferably obviously)? 

It was my first time seeing our girls face to face on kcon ny 2017 and it was a truly amazing experience. It must be really honored to be recognized by the member and I very much envy you for that.

Keep up the hard work ! And GFriend fighting !!

You're quite welcome. Just writing about these fan accounts makes me so happy!! They have been bringing back so many great memories that I hope to cherish forever! :)

Attending a fan sign is the easiest way to meet GFriend. All you have to do is purchase albums at a specified store that is holding the fansign, enter the lottery and hope for the best!! ^_^

Being fluent in Korean is ideal to hold a thorough conversation. However, it is not required. You can have great interactions with all of the members even if your Korean is poor. Most times, all of the members will try to converse with you in English if your Korean skills are lacking. Although, there are times when members such as SinB and Sowon will straight up say "No Englishiee. Sorry! :(

I'm glad you had a great time at KCON NY! It was a really fantastic time! Did you by chance go to the hi touch event?

30 minutes ago, AznSeoul said:

You're quite welcome. Just writing about these fan accounts makes me so happy!! They have been bringing back so many great memories that I hope to cherish forever! :)

Attending a fan sign is the easiest way to meet GFriend. All you have to do is purchase albums at a specified store that is holding the fansign, enter the lottery and hope for the best!! ^_^

Being fluent in Korean is ideal to hold a thorough conversation. However, it is not required. You can have great interactions with all of the members even if your Korean is poor. Most times, all of the members will try to converse with you in English if your Korean skills are lacking. Although, there are times when members such as SinB and Sowon will straight up say "No Englishiee. Sorry! :(

I'm glad you had a great time at KCON NY! It was a really fantastic time! Did you by chance go to the hi touch event?

Ah I see. I was told that the requirement would vary depending on the host as well where an official fansign might require a SouMu membership or some sort.

I kinda want to learn Korean just to be able to talk to them in person if I ever have the chance xD

I really enjoyed KCon and I did go to the Hi Touch. In fact I went on to the stage twice because I had 2 tickets. 

I wished Yerin was there though :/  but it was very worth while !!

Edited by HankSenpai

2 hours ago, HankSenpai said:

Ah I see. I was told that the requirement would vary depending on the host as well where an official fansign might require a SouMu membership or some sort.

I kinda want to learn Korean just to be able to talk to them in person if I ever have the chance xD

I really enjoyed KCon and I did go to the Hi Touch. In fact I went on to the stage twice because I had 2 tickets. 

I wished Yerin was there though :/  but it was very worth while !!

Ah right, there are many different types of fansigns. The most common would be the comeback fansign which involves buying cds. Previous fansigns have included American Tourister (buying suitcases), Clinique (buying cosmetics) & Hosigi Chicken (Free). To my knowledge, almost everyone is free to enter a fansign, although there are events such as music shows and variety show audience tickets which are reserved for official fan cafe members only.

Yeah, I was really sad Yerin wasn't there. Although I knew she wasn't attending before I bought my ticket, I still attended to support the group. :)

I see. There is also a recent one with nine lens ( contact lenses) ? May I ask you where do you based on if you don't mind. Like do you currently live in Korea or you're just going there to attend all these fan sign/events. Kcon was great but I have a feeling that this is probably their last kcon in the next few years. SouMu does not have that much resources to host any international fan engagement all the way in US so every chance we NA buddies get to meet the girls is just precious. I hope one day I could go to Korea and attend one of their fansign.

Sent from my iPhone using GFSquad.com mobile app

7 hours ago, HankSenpai said:

I see. There is also a recent one with nine lens ( contact lenses) ? May I ask you where do you based on if you don't mind. Like do you currently live in Korea or you're just going there to attend all these fan sign/events. Kcon was great but I have a feeling that this is probably their last kcon in the next few years. SouMu does not have that much resources to host any international fan engagement all the way in US so every chance we NA buddies get to meet the girls is just precious. I hope one day I could go to Korea and attend one of their fansign.

Sent from my iPhone using GFSquad.com mobile app

Right, can't believe I forgot that one. LOL!

I'm from Toronto, Canada but I had lived in Korea during the Me Gustas Tu era through the Rough era. I traveled to Korea combining family trips and GFriend promotions for both Navillera and Fingertip promotions. Korea is probably one of my most favourite places in the world and I hope to one day live and work there again. :)

As long as events such as KCON, KTMF, and other music festivals continue to run, there is always the chance GFriend will come back to us! These events will always continue to bring popular artists from Korea to fill their event seats! ^_^

Im curious which were the other 2 fansigns you've went to!

JnGGqED.gif

0Ea9a.png0EGiQ.png

Credits to ASquirtle & Hana for sigs! ^^

Twitter

6 minutes ago, YuaremySin said:

Im curious which were the other 2 fansigns you've went to!

The other two fansigns I won were 170311 - Ilsan & 170324 - Noryangjin

I lost the 170310 - Gangnam & 170317 Hapjeong ones. :(

1 minute ago, AznSeoul said:

The other two fansigns I won were 170311 - Ilsan & 170324 - Noryangjin

I lost the 170310 - Gangnam & 170317 Hapjeong ones. :(

Ahhhh, haha I was at the Hapjeong one

JnGGqED.gif

0Ea9a.png0EGiQ.png

Credits to ASquirtle & Hana for sigs! ^^

Twitter

Eunha's reaction is great. HE IS JON

:BeastToss-32:

HERE I GO, I WANNA GO

nerdysinbart sig.jpg

cr: nerdysinb

it's awesome they remember you and by name. they seem to remember their fans and their names, it's pretty amazing, they have good memory.

so lucky to meet them

thank you for your fanacc :D I love reading these.