Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kelsey

mega thread
Oppa insult?

9 posts in this topic

I see a lot of people calling sinb "oppa"....doesnt that mean like a big brother or a man? And if so isn't that kind of insulting? I feel like if she saw people saying that it would hurt her feelings. I know I personally don't want people calling me manly.

I don't know how SinB feels about others calling her oppa, but this case is pretty similar to Jeongyeon's case.

Jeongyeon didn't want others to call her "girl crush" because of the same reasons, so she didn't like that.

On the other hand, SinB might be cool about it, who knows.

"Who are you to change my gender?" - Hwang Eun Bi 2017

Edited by 1004V Vocals

So beautiful, like a stream of rain water, our transparent story...

ezgif.com-crop.gif.5dd0988a7301cbcff9b8c7650b4e37b3.gif

GFRIEND

I'm sorry I'm not familiar with Jeongyeon...im a newbie :BeastToss-32:

1 minute ago, Kelsey said:

I'm sorry I'm not familiar with Jeongyeon...im a newbie :BeastToss-32:

TWICE Jeongyeon.

So beautiful, like a stream of rain water, our transparent story...

ezgif.com-crop.gif.5dd0988a7301cbcff9b8c7650b4e37b3.gif

GFRIEND

The short haired girl?

people call her and other idols oppa because they are a bit tomboys and have the girl crush vibe, not because they see them as boys. I also don't think they mean it as an insult. a few idols have said they don't like it, I don't know for sure if SinB is okay with it, recently she said on fancafe "who are you to change my gender?" but she was replying a lot on that day and joking a lot we don't know if she truly feels offended, a while ago I saw a fanacc from a fansign, but I still don't know if it was true or translated well, but a girl asked what can she call her and SinB said "unnie, oppa, whatever you want". She also called hyung to Heechul, that's what younger boys call their older brothers, and SinB and the GFriend members have said she is the dad on their dorm, because she can fix things like a dad lol. The thing is she has joked with this before, so we don't know her true feelings about this right now, but like you don't call her that to her face or to other idols face, that's more of a cute joking way fans use on forums and social media between them.

I think I have used oppa before, but since right now I am not sure if sinb is offended or not by that and since some fans think she can be offended, I stopped using it, I call her now SinBoss, because well she is a boss :D and I saw other buddies calling her that too.

Edited by Silver Cloud

Q. "What's your role in GFriend?"
SinB "Main dancer [...] and dad"

GFriend themselves even call SinB "dad", and fans call her "Oppa/Hyung" because she gives off a girl crush, and also on Showtime GFriend said that SinB is GFriend's girlcrush

@Silver Cloudshe called Heechul hyung? Where xD? I never saw that. If you remember where and when, please tell me xD 

On 22/04/2017 at 10:25 AM, Beagle said:

Q. "What's your role in GFriend?"
SinB "Main dancer [...] and dad"

GFriend themselves even call SinB "dad", and fans call her "Oppa/Hyung" because she gives off a girl crush, and also on Showtime GFriend said that SinB is GFriend's girlcrush

@Silver Cloudshe called Heechul hyung? Where xD? I never saw that. If you remember where and when, please tell me xD 

if I am not mistaken, it was during Weekly Idol's Idol is Best that SinB called Heechul hyung and Heechul called SinB unnie on Singderella. I will try to find if it was from Idol is Best and the episode, but right now the place where I could search for it is down lol 

People just do it for fun we’d never insult shinbi :gfs-smilie-sinb:

Image result for gfriend sinb gif

resize output image