YuaremySin

appreciation
[DISCUSSION] Thoughts on "Fingertip" Comeback Overall

23 posts in this topic

Hello Buddies! As we all know, GFRIEND has successfully ended Fingertip promotions, with 2 wins and most importantly finishing this comeback being all healthy and not injured. ^^

We all have different opinions regarding this comeback and I want to hear all your opinions of it! Do you think this comeback was the best among all of their comebacks? What do you guys think could have been done better in your opinion for this comeback? After this comeback, are you more of a fan of "Power Innocence" or "Power Chic"? 

Lets keep this discussion alive and share and discuss with fellow Buddies all your opinions!

170413 GFRIEND MCD (2).jpg

JnGGqED.gif

0Ea9a.png0EGiQ.png

Credits to ASquirtle & Hana for sigs! ^^

Twitter

To an extent, it may depend on how you define 'success', but overall I feel like 'The Awakening' was a successful comeback.
Hey, nobody got injured this time :BeastToss-26:

As Umji has frequently mentioned, success for her does not depend on the number of trophies they take home, but rather the amount of recognition they can get from the public in terms of their concept change.

That being said, this 'Power Chic' concept wasn't completely off track of what GFriend had been doing; the GFriend signatures such as powerful choreography were still evident in 'FINGERTIP'. Hopefully the public recognition is aligned with what Umji had hoped it to be.

I'm pretty happy with what the girls have been able to pull off with this comeback. Oh, and we can't forget that their side tracks have been (in my opinion) the best side tracks so far.

Of course, 'Dear Buddy' was also this era :D

I'm still a fan of power innocence, a fan of the poetic lyrics like in 'Rough', and a fan of those songs with full Korean lyrics.
After all, those were the points that got me converted into a Buddy from some guy who previously thought Kpop wasn't worth listening to.

Fighting GFriend, take care! :BeastToss-29:

"이거 하나만 약속해, 변치 않기를 바랄게. 그때도 지금처럼 날 향해 웃어줘"

"Promise me this one thing, I hope you don't change. Smile at me then like you do now"

This was their first comeback for me since I only got back to kpop and learnt about them mid-December last year. How time flies, it's almost half a year already! I wouldn't be able to relate that well as to how well this comeback has been as compared to previous comebacks but I think this particular comeback has definitely got to be the breakthrough.

The concept change was quite big on its own. Sure, they lost some fans because of the change in concept but they also gained others. The concept change wasn't a bad thing because it showed progress. Apart from gaining public interests through the change of concept, it also shows that they are getting out of the so-called cute concept because they have plans to stay together long enough to a point when their age do not fit into the cute concept anymore(?) It was also quite an achievement to have 100,000 album pre-orders for a concept that is considered experimental.

This comeback also brought along many firsts. They had their first fan meeting (with all 3000 seats sold out in 1 minute :o)! Of course not forgetting their second fan meeting as well in Bangkok :D. We now have our own yugubong. There will be more fan meetings in the near future starting from Taiwan? (Think I read it from some article...)

The only qualms I have about this comeback was the jewel CD case for the album as well as the very very late actual comeback date announcement and teasers lol.

I'm just glad that the girls had fun trying out this new concept and I hope they get a lot more love in the kpop world because they definitely deserve it.

2w3bbs8.jpg   15qt2r9.jpg

For me this comeback was a success as well, ( most reasons for that were already mentioned so i won't repeat them here) because they were able to pull off this concept-change so well. They were able to show off their growth both in their music and in their visuals. 

However i have 2 main points of criticism:

Firstly their comeback was timed pretty bad compared to their earlier releases. I understand they wanted to avoid Twice but somehow ended up smack in the middle of several boygroup comebacks (BTS, Got7, Highlight etc.) which have arguably higher followings then Twice. 

Secondly Fingertip as the maintrack was unsuitable in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, i like the track but it is mostly a dancetrack. You kinda need to watch the choreo alongside it to appreciate it fully. The MV was nice visually but it didn't really click with the track. I believe if they had released the dance versions earlier it might have improved the initial reception. Coming back to the suitability, Me gustas tu, Rough and Navillera all have good choreos, but are not reliant on them. They all can be listened to independently und appreciated just for the lyrics and music. Fingertip was not such a track.

I hope i got my thoughts across, would you agree or disagree? 9_9

36 minutes ago, Edregol Yuju said:

Firstly their comeback was timed pretty bad compared to their earlier releases. I understand they wanted to avoid Twice but somehow ended up smack in the middle of several boygroup comebacks (BTS, Got7, Highlight etc.) which have arguably higher followings then Twice. 

For this part, if they came back even later, they would have met IU, which is so much more worse LOL, 2 of her pre-releases tracks were killing charts, no one barely stood a chance, and then now theres Zico too.

JnGGqED.gif

0Ea9a.png0EGiQ.png

Credits to ASquirtle & Hana for sigs! ^^

Twitter

1 hour ago, YuaremySin said:

For this part, if they came back even later, they would have met IU, which is so much more worse LOL, 2 of her pre-releases tracks were killing charts, no one barely stood a chance, and then now theres Zico too.

You're right. They could not afford to delay for that long and end up with IU. The only month that was empty was January.

5ibEtdd.gifH027EVu.gif

It wasn't my favorite but it was good and deserved more recognition than it got. Honestly I'm kind of disappointed in buddies cause I feel like we could've helped them be more successful. 

The song didn't chart as good as their previous releases but we all expected this because of the change of concept. Fingertip is really good! IMO their best title track after Rough and i'm pretty sure that it helped them to win more I-buddies. Even charting ''bad'', i think it will be able to get 500-600k downloads which is not thaaat bad.

About the album, this is probably their best one, i love all the songs. It has their best sales too, it shows how Gfriend popularity is rising, i don't think they will get 100,000 sales but 80,000-90,000 is possible which is a really good number for a girl group and it's just a mini.

In music shows we had bad luck, they could have won more awards but Twice, Got7 and Highlight are strong competitors, 2 wins isn't bad.

Overall, i think that the song was really good and a good movement for I-buddies but it was a risk for K-buddies. Anyway it did as good as SouMu probably thought. Their album sales keep rising so Gfriend is gaining fans. We shouldn't worry about digitals, Red velvet-One Of This Nights was their worst song in digitals but their next comeback was their most succesful so far so if SouMu chose a good song for their next comeback they're going to slay again in digitals and now in physicals too and, in part, it's thanks to this comeback.

So... I'm happy and proud of our girls, they've shown that they can do more concepts and we're going to be slayed with more things ^^

5 hours ago, Edregol Yuju said:

not really, Twice is the trendiest group in Korea atm and the most popular to the Korean public (asides from bigbang). They (twice) were able to beat taeyeon and bigbang on music shows. those other groups that you mentioned would have a hard time winning over taeyeon (i think) and an even harder time winning over bigbang.

overall yes the comeback could have been timed better, preferably earlier than february before twice. I heard it took so long for them to comeback because they couldnt decide which song was going to be the title track. it was a dilemma really, we wanted them to provide a quality comeback but at the same time get enough rest and prepare for it as well as they could

speaking of which, what you said about the title track was fair enough. although i liked it, it wasn't as public friendly as me gustas tu/rough/navillera, and honestly, not my favorite gfriend title track as well. as an album though, i think this is my favorite.

46 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

It wasn't my favorite but it was good and deserved more recognition than it got. Honestly I'm kind of disappointed in buddies cause I feel like we could've helped them be more successful. 

back to what i said earlier, i think the reason for gfriend's success in their previous comebacks was that their songs were always public friendly which meant high digital sales and streaming from not just buddies, but from the public as well. with this comeback, gfriend had to rely more on our fandom since this girl crush concept isnt exactly what attracts the general public.

i also wish that gfriend got more than two wins but i guess we can take this as a humbling experience. of course not winning didnt impede my enjoyment from their performances, fanservice and variety show appearances but it would have been nice if they won a bit more... or maybe we're just spoiled with the 15/14 wins from rough/navillera 9_9

gfriend tried something new and i'm pretty sure that they, soumu and even us fans have learned much and grew from this cb. this will sound corny af but hopefully it has made us wiser lol

on a completely different note though: they should go back to filming at real locations instead of at a set with a greenscreen. this may be a bit of an unpopular opinion but the aesthetics of their previous MVs were much better than this one. if they need to use the set for certain scenes, that's cool but using just the set all the time didn't really do the MV justice, at least for me... unless soumu now has enough money to hire top of the line cgi animators lol

Edited by Rex

pqRPMwl.jpg

I do like the whole album and fingertip but I think they may have done better if Hear the wind sing was the title track. Cause it sounds closer to their previous stuff...so if fingertip was still on the album but not the title track itcould have served to wean the public into a new concept and thenow do girl crush in the next comeback. Hope that makes sense 

Edited by Kelsey

Personally I'm super happy with this comeback. I feel like the concept change and Fingertip in particular as a song was the perfect amount of change to show progress for the group and bring in new fans, and I'm kinda disappointed in those fans who reacted so badly about the change because musically and also with the dance the song was still really GFriendy. It's honestly what I was hoping for with Navillera, but they decided to play that safe and do more exploration with the other songs on LOL. I still think Navillera's a great song but for growing the fandom Fingertip should be better long term.

Coming into this comeback I was a bit worried a mini-album wouldn't be big enough to fit the full range of genres that was in LOL, and I felt like they would either end up not progressing at all or going too far and losing part of what made them so good but in the end they had the perfect mix, keeping their trademark style for Please Save My Earth and also Crush whilst exploring a bit more with Contrail and also using Hear The Wind Sing and Rain In The Spring Time to adapt their style to some different arrangements.

In terms of promotions they slayed as always and I think their vocals in particular were so much better (and they were already pretty good). Obviously only 2 wins isn't as much as Rough or Navillera but the fact they were spaced a month apart shows that after a little while people were starting to be won over by the new concept which is really nice to see.

Overall, I personally love the comeback, and even though there was a somewhat negative reaction from a lot of fans, I think this shows SouMu are aiming for long-term success, meaning more GFriend for everybody!!! :BeastToss-26: It's hard to say if it's my favourite era because Rough is still my fave title song and we got so many new songs with LOL, but it has been the comeback I've followed the closest and it's been a hell of a ride. Looking forward to the next one! :BeastToss-29:

A lot of things have already been said, so I just want to say that I really liked this comeback :') As a whole, the mini-album was great, and Gfriend delivered well with both their songs and choreo. I think the timing of their comeback was fine and pretty lucky in some aspects (wouldn't more people be exposed to Gfriend if they tune in to their own favourite groups as well?)

The only thing that I felt was obviously lacking in comparison to previous comebacks was their MV. It's also my least favourite so far, unfortunately. But that's probably more my own tastes than anything else lol since I really like MVs filmed outside/real locations rather than obvious green screen stuff... xD 

8Hwt9x.gif8SqYLK.gif

Spoiler

For me, this era is a actually a good era. The one thing I feel less contenting is the tittle song. I didn't say it's a bad song but the tone is too much like the mass K-pop. I would prefer they have their own color, like before. Nevertheless, in this era they gain a lot of exposure internationally. They got billboard chart. Their album selling is increase, they got yugubong, they have more international schedule, etc. So overall the music show trophy number is not important. They still killin' it and I can't wait for the next era

Sent from my Mi 4i using GFSquad.com mobile app

Wow. With the posts posted above, it seems like you're all saying that the best way to have more wins is to avoid big Groups and Solo artists. I believe that GFriend can go toe to toe against big girl group like twice. Even before the release of their album, they said that the charts don't matter. They were just hoping that people/fans will like their new concept. I think the Album went very well and FINGERTIP gave a total trend to the fans, and their cheers on every comeback stage just got 2x louder. Their comeback was a booming success. :gfriend: They had a new concept. It's like starting a new chapter so I didn't expect so much. I'm always positive when it comes to GFriend and I know that they will be more successful in the future. :BeastToss-27:

Edited by SinB Cheeks

Wow. With the posts posted above, it seems like you're saying that the best way to have more wins is to avoid big Groups and Solo artists. I believe that GFriend can go toe to toe against big girl group like twice. Even before the release of their album, they said that the charts don't matter. They were just hoping that people/fans will like their new concept. I think the Album went very well and FINGERTIP gave a total trend to the fans, and their cheers on every comeback stage just got 2x louder. Their comeback was a booming success. :gfriend: They had a new concept. It's like starting a new chapter so I didn't expect so much. I'm always positive when it comes to GFriend and I know that they will be more successful in the future. :BeastToss-27:

Just to be clear, I just don't want them to go with the flow. Not that I want them to avoid Big Groups. Gfriend is Big Group for me

Sent from my Mi 4i using GFSquad.com mobile app

38 minutes ago, SinB Cheeks said:

Wow. With the posts posted above, it seems like you're saying that the best way to have more wins is to avoid big Groups and Solo artists. I believe that GFriend can go toe to toe against big girl group like twice. Even before the release of their album, they said that the charts don't matter. They were just hoping that people/fans will like their new concept. I think the Album went very well and FINGERTIP gave a total trend to the fans, and their cheers on every comeback stage just got 2x louder. Their comeback was a booming success. :gfriend: They had a new concept. It's like starting a new chapter so I didn't expect so much. I'm always positive when it comes to GFriend and I know that they will be more successful in the future. :BeastToss-27:

#musicindustrystrats #makegfriendgrabmoarwins

So beautiful, like a stream of rain water, our transparent story...

ezgif.com-crop.gif.5dd0988a7301cbcff9b8c7650b4e37b3.gif

GFRIEND

On 4/16/2017 at 2:48 PM, Rex said:

not really, Twice is the trendiest group in Korea atm and the most popular to the Korean public (asides from bigbang). They (twice) were able to beat taeyeon and bigbang on music shows. those other groups that you mentioned would have a hard time winning over taeyeon (i think) and an even harder time winning over bigbang.

GFriend also won Taeyeon and WG, remember?

I'm not saying GFriend are more popular.The reason why Twice is more known these days is that their songs have different tastes each comeback and also that Koreans love songs that cheer you up the most.GFriend tittle tracks?People say they all sound the same.I think that's because Source Music is afraid if they change the color of their music, they'll loose their fans.MGT was GFriend's public friendliest song, and so it was the one that hit one year in Melon.I think Gfriend DID gain fangirls with this CB, but not that much.These days, cute concepts are more trendy.Berry Good?CLC?...GFriend? All of them did better in the previous comebacks.Not to mention Black Pink.They had this concept from the first.

I don't know what exactly is source music's strategy, but i think he is looking at this CB as a re-debut.I mean, GFriend would always be trendy before, but this time, he didn't choose a PF song, so that he would discuss how many loyal fans do they have, and also make more fans.He knows that a girlgroup wouldn't always remain trendy and would come down if they didn't have loyal fans.But is the public looking at Fingertip from the same angle?

6b22e9e57698cc24354f70f407a745f63a2d6ec3

4 hours ago, adabella100 said:

I'm not saying GFriend are more popular.The reason why Twice is more known these days is that their songs have different tastes each comeback and also that Koreans love songs that cheer you up the most.GFriend tittle tracks?People say they all sound the same.I think that's because Source Music is afraid if they change the color of their music, they'll loose their fans.MGT was GFriend's public friendliest song, and so it was the one that hit one year in Melon.I think Gfriend DID gain fangirls with this CB, but not that much.These days, cute concepts are more trendy.Berry Good?CLC?...GFriend? All of them did better in the previous comebacks.Not to mention Black Pink.They had this concept from the first.

I don't know what exactly is source music's strategy, but i think he is looking at this CB as a re-debut.I mean, GFriend would always be trendy before, but this time, he didn't choose a PF song, so that he would discuss how many loyal fans do they have, and also make more fans.He knows that a girlgroup wouldn't always remain trendy and would come down if they didn't have loyal fans.But is the public looking at Fingertip from the same angle?

what i meant was we had a better chance competing with those boygroups than Twice because they (twice) has too huge of a fanbase and following to compete with.

That being said it would have been better to comeback before Twice and all those other boygroups.

On 2017-04-17 at 9:03 AM, SinB Cheeks said:

Wow. With the posts posted above, it seems like you're all saying that the best way to have more wins is to avoid big Groups and Solo artists. I believe that GFriend can go toe to toe against big girl group like twice.

Perhaps, but in order to do that they need a song that would be just as, or even more successful than Rough and/or Me Gustas Tu

Edited by Rex

pqRPMwl.jpg

For me, this comeback was perfect.

Source Music did exactly what they needed to do : take some measured risk with their concept, evolving it without losing the core identity of GFriend. As @ChillyBuddy mentioned, they will need sooner or later to leave the cute concept behind because it won't fit their age anymore. So doing this on the year that the 2 maknaes become adult was a good strategic move in my opinion.

If you think about what happened for the the few months before the comeback, they were hinting at this concept evolution, doing more chic, darker or sexier performances, like testing the waters in some ways. And the public reacted favorably: I know we i-buddies really loved it! Remember the reactions to SinB's "Be Mine" performance, the "Black Cat" performance at KCON or the numerous end-of-year shows where they performed more elaborate and mature variations of their hit songs.

"Fingertip" was the perfect song to go with this change of image. It is darker and edgier, but keeps the powerful aspect. I really love this song. I mean really really, it's one of my favorite tracks. Rough will always be a soft spot, but Fingertip might well be #2. This is the song that really embodies the evolution of GFriend. "Hear The Wind Sing" is a great song too, but it's a little too close to their previous tracks. I think it was a good choice to go with Fingertip as the title.

So overall, SouMu and GFriend did an amazing job with this comeback. A good evolution of the concept that paves the way for the future, perfect timing to introduce this change in order to get the public to accept the evolution of GFriend, and a great song that embodies this new direction. I think they perfectly achieved their goals witht this comeback, and now that buddies and the general public have aknowledged this evolution, they will be ready for the next comeback!

Yob5OGO.gif

Honestly, I'm happy with the switch in concept but the song, a huge downgrade. Don't get me wrong, I love the melody because its different but still sounds gfriebd at the same time but the lyrics... Gfriend singing about seducing a man and wrap him around their fingers is not what I expected of them. What I think made them very successful with 'Rough' is its relatability. A song about a young person beibg powerless because of being young and inexperience.  The song that I think would be more successful is 'Hear the wind sing' not because it sounds like power innocent gfriend,  but because the lyrics itself is relatable.

Overall, I thought the B-side tracks were really high quality, the album itself was a masterpeice.

However, their music chart performance-wise was pretty decent. They only could snag 2 wins overall partly because of groups with big KFandoms like HIGHLIGHT (AKA B5ST) and TWICE... but they still kinda scored high on the music shows. Really when it all comes down to it, snagging music show wins is just luck at this point. And honestly, not everything is just grabbing a silver, shiny cup from a place filled with music, mcs and fans. Public recognition and reception is important, as agencies can figure out what to do with the group next.

On 4/21/2017 at 11:57 AM, adabella100 said:

and also that Koreans love songs that cheer you up the most

This is also the music trend in Korea nowadays, I don't know if Koreans are stuck in eternal darkness and depression or what...

The title song unfortunately did not stick to my ears, and I don't constitute it as catchy. However the B-side tracks were pretty awsome though. Particularly Hear The Wind Sing and Contrail were my favorites to listen to. 

Another thing has been talked about in this topic is the concept change. They changed from innocent-powerful to ovarycrush-powerful. Some groups are switching to that concept nowadays. Honestly, I thought the concept change was interesting. For me, it's a lot better to have mix-ups once in a while than to keep constantly doing that concept. Sticking to the same concept can get pretty stale for me, so it's good that Source Music did change the concept. 

Variety during this era was point-on. We got to learn more about the members that were never even revealed to us before. :Sowon-hue3:

Alcohol in this era was brought up, considering that the 98 liners became adults. (SinB with that Heineken though...) :sinb-badass:

But hey, in the end, if the members really enjoyed promoting the song, then I'm happy with it! :umji-hihi:

So beautiful, like a stream of rain water, our transparent story...

ezgif.com-crop.gif.5dd0988a7301cbcff9b8c7650b4e37b3.gif

GFRIEND

I'm quite disappointed about our girls only got 2 trophies from music shows ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ (i didnt blame them just wonder why). Idk in details abt korean people music's taste but fingertip is a good song! Even billboard praised it! I watched some of MR Removed of Fingertip and amazed by gfriend! I compared to twice and ofc gfriend's voice is above the sky probably korean always concern abt visuals and not about skills. I couldnt do anything abt korean voting system that banned international fans to vote. I cant help but cryㅠㅠㅠㅠ hope they get more korean fans to support next comeback. (sorry for long textㅜㅜ)

Yewonnie's Pure Heart

The Awakening is something that I wanted, a darker, more edgy GFriend (I commented about badass GFriend on GFsquad and OH before), but I never thought Source Music would give GFriend and us fans this, not so soon (or at all) and definitely not this military/knight concept, it was so perfect (and definitely my taste) but I would never imagine I would get this from them and SouMu. (but it was smart, GFriend is known for their uniforms, and they are still using uniforms but changing in a way people can't say they are still doing the same thing)

[remember that instagram post from soumu staff? when fans started saying that gfriend comeback was based on that anime character with the gun? I was excited but I still can't believe those fans were right :)]

I think Fingertip is catchy, "tangtangtang" for me is pretty catchy.

I love their evolution musically, I loved this funky side, when I heard that slap bass in the teaser I couldn't believe it, so good. I liked their arcade games vibe from the MV, it deserves more views tbh, I love the choreography, they have like 3 dance breaks, we can see SinB finally showing a little more of her dancing and taking the solo, we have Eunha with stronger vocals, Umji is shining so much, her little rap part is my favorite part in the song. Blonde Yerin was a blessing! Yuju looked like she just came out of an anime where she is a special agent.

the concept overall was amazing, military/knight, the outfits, hair, makeup, confidence, visuals over the top! sowon finally had more lines on the album

I think Fingertip is a lot better than more than a half of the songs that top the charts, the song wasn't strong digitally like their previous songs but it stayed on top 20 during the promotions which is pretty good, in my opinion deserved to be in top 5 during that time and it definitely deserved to be number 1 at least once. I agree with the opinions saying the song gets better when watching the performance and a lot of people who stream songs, just do that, stream, don't watch all the performances and videos, that is more for fans and not general public.

Korea likes "cute" stuff more I guess, if it's a little less cute, they don't care. (this only applies for idols)

Our fandom is growing little by little and the physical sales are growing with that, and if you look at how girl groups sell, GFriend is at the top, they are now at top 3, Twice can do whatever song they want they will always sell a lot both physical and digital because right now it's like that... if we look at the other girl groups in this moment the others that sell more physically is GFriend and Red Velvet and I think that it's amazing, GFriend started from the bottom.

Let's keep supporting the girls, buying their albums, streaming the mv, voting for them and keeping a presence on social media so we can reach to others potencial fans, I have seen it many times happen, a tweet, a screencap from a show, a gif, a video with subs, etc can make someone interested and becoming a buddy.

in the end, I just want to add that Fingertip is my 2nd favorite title song, after Rough and the most important thing is that GFriend wanted to do this concept, the girl crush concept and they seem to had fun with it, they looked nervous sometimes (but I think they always get a little nervous during the comebacks because they never know if fans will like it or not and this was a change for them) but more happy than navillera era, at least it's what I got from them.

On 21/04/2017 at 4:57 PM, adabella100 said:

I don't agree, Twice songs are not different from each other, I think their songs have all the same style and same formula, the other day one of their songs started playing and I thought it was one but it was another one. when people say GFriend songs sound the same, I could say the same about Twice songs. I like how the GFriend songs are, they have their own style, on sound, concept, choreo, retro vibe, and the songs are not generic.

if gfriend had released fingertip without saying they were changing for power chic girl crush, people wouldn't know and just streamed lol, but gfriend said it before release and korea didn't give them a chance, they care too much who is singing which song, sometimes songs only do good because of the power of the company when nugu groups release songs that sound the same but don't chart high??

I think GFriend always had fangirls, but since they have a lot of fanboys people seem to only hear their voices in fanchants for exemple, but I think the fandom is becoming more equal in terms of fanboys and fangirls. maybe I will do a post about this, since I have been looking at some stuff and I think I should share.

On 23/04/2017 at 6:43 AM, -pianonomocha- said:

Honestly, I'm happy with the switch in concept but the song, a huge downgrade. Don't get me wrong, I love the melody because its different but still sounds gfriebd at the same time but the lyrics... Gfriend singing about seducing a man and wrap him around their fingers is not what I expected of them. What I think made them very successful with 'Rough' is its relatability. A song about a young person beibg powerless because of being young and inexperience.  The song that I think would be more successful is 'Hear the wind sing' not because it sounds like power innocent gfriend,  but because the lyrics itself is relatable.

they never mentioned it was about a man wrapped on their fingers tho, it wasn't explicit, they said people could interpret it as the aiming at the person they love, I could interpret it simple like wanting something I like in my hands you know, like they never specified and the person listening to the song could interpret it for their own life and on their own way. (I like when songs are like that, saying "you" instead of "boy/girl/woman/man/him/her/etc" so it doesn't matter who is singing and who is listening.)

the lyrics are all about the same thing in the end, which is young love. but this time the lyrics were a little more direct. I think they changed the lyrics so the theme was more power chic than power innocence. from what I see, Hear The Wind Sing received love from fans, like Gone With The Wind, but would the songs be hit if they release it as title song? is something we will never know... (I love both choreographies but I think Heart The Wind Sing is weaker, it's pretty and elegant but not strong enough).

and something that could had impact in all of this is... korea seems to care a lot for the season and if a song is good for that season. a winter song does good on winter, like rough season was during the graduation and the video and concept was about school and graduantion and on winter, spring songs on spring, summer song on summer...