Two Eunbi (Eunha & SinB) 2018 Birthday Support Project

Eunha & SinB 2018 Birthday Support Project

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Haechi해치

Any GFS Buddy that will watch GFRIEND on KCON NY?

51 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, EyesForSR said:

Thank you, Hex for all the info.. I'm honestly a little stressed about it since I'm going alone and there's just so much to think about, haha! BUT I'm most stressed that Yerin won't be there... 

I hope I'll find the entire event fun and not traumatizing haha! Thank you again... I appreciate it.. :y1:

shouldn't be a lot of stress, lol. you are going to see gfriend!!! unlike comic con (based on my experience), you will have more than plenty of time to roam around the convention center. i found myself going back and forth a lot..... but it should be a little bigger (hopefully) this year. look at the schedule and decide which panels you want to attend. just plan a little ahead. 

did you get p1 standing, p2 standing, or plat/diamond tickets? i think you might have to start lining a little earlier if you want to be at the very front of your section...but if you do have those tickets, i dont see how you can get a bad view from there.

33 minutes ago, HexShapedGummy said:

shouldn't be a lot of stress, lol. you are going to see gfriend!!! unlike comic con (based on my experience), you will have more than plenty of time to roam around the convention center. i found myself going back and forth a lot..... but it should be a little bigger (hopefully) this year. look at the schedule and decide which panels you want to attend. just plan a little ahead. 

did you get p1 standing, p2 standing, or plat/diamond tickets? i think you might have to start lining a little earlier if you want to be at the very front of your section...but if you do have those tickets, i dont see how you can get a bad view from there.

I got a P1... i know that's "the pit" as they call it, haha i just want to see them in person..i don't care much about the convention.. if you didn't mention that the meet and greet is tied to that, i might have not bought the ticket.. thank you again..  just really sad my bias won't be there...  

3 hours ago, HexShapedGummy said:

Lol, don't remind me of comic con, it's almost a nightmare seeing how crowded NYCC is, although SDCC is the biggest, it was still easier to navigate that compared to NYC. Hopefully KCON is easier to navigate, it'll be my first time going to.

Edited by yerinmybae

knIKYSW.jpg

7 hours ago, yerinmybae said:

Lol, don't remind me of comic con, it's almost a nightmare seeing how crowded NYCC is, although SDCC is the biggest, it was still easier to navigate that compared to NYC. Hopefully KCON is easier to navigate, it'll be my first time going to.

oh you've been to both? sdcc would be going out of my way and i hear tickets are really hard to get. nycc is super crowded cuz javits center isn't big enough for the size of the crowd that attends. i always love having more options so scheduling is a fun problem to have.

wait so if all of us are p1...maybe we can wave our light sticks together in the pit ^^

Edited by HexShapedGummy

5 hours ago, HexShapedGummy said:

oh you've been to both? sdcc would be going out of my way and i hear tickets are really hard to get. nycc is super crowded cuz javits center isn't big enough for the size of the crowd that attends. i always love having more options so scheduling is a fun problem to have.

wait so if all of us are p1...maybe we can wave our light sticks together in the pit ^^

Yeah I've been to both, NYCC more often since it's closer to me. I didn't have a hard time getting a ticket for SDCC last year, just waited in a queue for like 15 minutes and got it lol. I heard they are doing single passes this year due to the whole expansion of the Javitz Center, I honestly hate the idea of doing single day passes. I'm going to NYCC again this year, but only on Sunday since Saturday is sold out. Probably the reason why NYCC feels so crowded is the exact reason you stated, SDCC's convention center is freaking huge, like twice the size of Javitz. 

Yeah, I'm gonna bring my lightstick along, I asked several times if anyone wanted to meet up from gfsquad, but I haven't gotten a direct answer yet lol. I'm gonna check in early to try and get that meet and greet ticket, I gotta drive about 3 hours so hopefully I get to the center early enough.

knIKYSW.jpg

7 hours ago, yerinmybae said:

Yeah I've been to both, NYCC more often since it's closer to me. I didn't have a hard time getting a ticket for SDCC last year, just waited in a queue for like 15 minutes and got it lol. I heard they are doing single passes this year due to the whole expansion of the Javitz Center, I honestly hate the idea of doing single day passes. I'm going to NYCC again this year, but only on Sunday since Saturday is sold out. Probably the reason why NYCC feels so crowded is the exact reason you stated, SDCC's convention center is freaking huge, like twice the size of Javitz. 

Yeah, I'm gonna bring my lightstick along, I asked several times if anyone wanted to meet up from gfsquad, but I haven't gotten a direct answer yet lol. I'm gonna check in early to try and get that meet and greet ticket, I gotta drive about 3 hours so hopefully I get to the center early enough.

i purchased my tickets to nycc last year through 2nd market... got a 3 days pass for a decent price (2nd market decent price).

this year, i made my purchases when they went on sale... going fri-sun ^^. i'm more into the comic guests...but i do make time for stuff like netflix defender stuff and any other cool ones.

how to organize meet up?

btw, it's 3 triple a batteries for the light stick right? lol

Edited by HexShapedGummy

1 hour ago, HexShapedGummy said:

i purchased my tickets to nycc last year through 2nd market... got a 3 days pass for a decent price (2nd market decent price).

this year, i made my purchases when they went on sale... going fri-sun ^^. i'm more into the comic guests...but i do make time for stuff like netflix defender stuff and any other cool ones.

how to organize meet up?

btw, it's 3 triple a batteries for the light stick right? lol

I'm debating on whether to buy NYCC Saturday pass through eBay or not, prices are doubled and that means I'd have to spend a night in New York lol which mean mores money. I'm usually there for the entertainment guests, met Stan Lee last year so it was a great experience. 

I want to attend NYCC's panels this year, I didn't attend any last year due to that new wristband system they were doing lol. 

We could use the LINE app like the donors did for the Eunbi Birthday Project.

Lol, I have no idea, I still haven't opened mine yet lol.

knIKYSW.jpg

7 minutes ago, yerinmybae said:

I'm debating on whether to buy NYCC Saturday pass through eBay or not, prices are doubled and that means I'd have to spend a night in New York lol which mean mores money. I'm usually there for the entertainment guests, met Stan Lee last year so it was a great experience. 

I want to attend NYCC's panels this year, I didn't attend any last year due to that new wristband system they were doing lol. 

We could use the LINE app like the donors did for the Eunbi Birthday Project.

Lol, I have no idea, I still haven't opened mine yet lol.

i met stan lee last year too!! (not the photo op)... it was pretty cool. i actually saw him near the power rangers booth the first year i went to comic con which was like 2 years before last year. sadly, he's done with nycc. he's going to boston's comic con in august, which will mark he final east coast appearance. but last year was enough for me. 

the badge scan system is a little slow....otherwise, i think it's more efficient.

you should open yours soon! LOL... you need batteries for it to operate. 

4 hours ago, HexShapedGummy said:

i met stan lee last year too!! (not the photo op)... it was pretty cool. i actually saw him near the power rangers booth the first year i went to comic con which was like 2 years before last year. sadly, he's done with nycc. he's going to boston's comic con in august, which will mark he final east coast appearance. but last year was enough for me. 

the badge scan system is a little slow....otherwise, i think it's more efficient.

you should open yours soon! LOL... you need batteries for it to operate. 

Oh really? I got the photo op lol, I knew it was his last time there, couldn't miss the opportunity! Are you gonna go to Boston Comic Con? After KCON this week, my next con is Anime Expo lol, gonna be brokerino after these two weeks.

Yeah, I'll open it before I head to NYC, can't wait to wave the light stick around :)

knIKYSW.jpg

3 hours ago, yerinmybae said:

Oh really? I got the photo op lol, I knew it was his last time there, couldn't miss the opportunity! Are you gonna go to Boston Comic Con? After KCON this week, my next con is Anime Expo lol, gonna be brokerino after these two weeks.

Yeah, I'll open it before I head to NYC, can't wait to wave the light stick around :)

no i've only attended nycc. wow you go to all these conventions.

it's quite heavy and seems like it could break at any moment. but bring those triple as lol.

Hey guys. I'm going to attend the concert, but I only have P3 seats with a friend of mine. Does anyone know if they'll be roaming around the next couple of days? I'm sure they'll be walking around, probably going to popular sights and food places (Shake Shack?). It would be cool to run into them. I live relatively close to the city, so I'll be chillin' in Manhattan anyways. 

8 hours ago, HexShapedGummy said:

no i've only attended nycc. wow you go to all these conventions.

it's quite heavy and seems like it could break at any moment. but bring those triple as lol.

Yeah, last year I went to about 4 or 5 total, but I've toned it down to only 2 this year, wish I had the money to keep going, but tough times. 

Is it that heavy? Hmm, I'l gonna go open it right now and check it out. 

knIKYSW.jpg

15 minutes ago, Raymond said:

Hey guys. I'm going to attend the concert, but I only have P3 seats with a friend of mine. Does anyone know if they'll be roaming around the next couple of days? I'm sure they'll be walking around, probably going to popular sights and food places (Shake Shack?). It would be cool to run into them. I live relatively close to the city, so I'll be chillin' in Manhattan anyways. 

I will be in NYC the next day, but I think I got plans already with someone else, I would love to go to Shake Shack though. But, I got the Kingdom Hearts concert to go to, if I didn't, I probably would've attended the second KCON concert day too for TWICE. Maybe we can run into each other tomorrow at the concert?

knIKYSW.jpg

all buddies here should meet up ^^

I will be attending both days !!  Just curious is anyone trying to get Gfriend Hi Touch ?

Just to let everyone who's going know, their schedule on the 23rd is going to be something like this:

2:00 PM = Artist Engagement
TBA = AT&T Booth Artist Visit (My guess is it'll happen right after their artist engagement)
5:20 PM = Red Carpet
7:30 PM = Mcountdown Concert

All times are in EDT.

HERE I GO, I WANNA GO

nerdysinbart sig.jpg

cr: nerdysinb

Just now, Jkyc said:

Just to let everyone who's going know, their schedule on the 23rd is going to be something like this:

2:00 PM = Artist Engagement
TBA = AT&T Booth Artist Visit (My guess is it'll happen right after their artist engagement)
5:20 PM = Red Carpet
7:30 PM = Mcountdown Concert

All times are in EDT.

thx! how do you know about the at&t booth visit?

See you guys there :y1:

Is the artist engagement the high touch event?

I think it was on twitter that they announced that GFRIEND was gonna be at the AT&T booth

knIKYSW.jpg

36 minutes ago, EyesForSR said:

See you guys there :y1:

see you!!! have fun!

15 minutes ago, yerinmybae said:

I think it was on twitter that they announced that GFRIEND was gonna be at the AT&T booth

well it's the hi touch and audience....i think audience is just as good...you're still seeing gfriend ^^

3 minutes ago, HexShapedGummy said:

see you!!! have fun!

well it's the hi touch and audience....i think audience is just as good...you're still seeing gfriend ^^

lol yeah, but if you got the opportunity to high five the girls, I wouldn't pass it up!

Do any of the buddies here want to stay in touch for meeting up tomorrow? We could use a group chat room or something.

knIKYSW.jpg

56 minutes ago, HexShapedGummy said:

thx! how do you know about the at&t booth visit?

26 minutes ago, yerinmybae said:

yes the artist engagement is the high touch event. how it goes is they go an stage, talk for a bit (5-10mins), then the rest of the engagement is the high touch

HERE I GO, I WANNA GO

nerdysinbart sig.jpg

cr: nerdysinb

18 minutes ago, yerinmybae said:

lol yeah, but if you got the opportunity to high five the girls, I wouldn't pass it up!

Do any of the buddies here want to stay in touch for meeting up tomorrow? We could use a group chat room or something.

how to start the group chat?

14 minutes ago, Jkyc said:

yes the artist engagement is the high touch event. how it goes is they go an stage, talk for a bit (5-10mins), then the rest of the engagement is the high touch

thanks. i dont want to hover around the booth though for the entire day =/

also weather is gonna be bad

1 hour ago, HexShapedGummy said:

how to start the group chat?

thanks. i dont want to hover around the booth though for the entire day =/

also weather is gonna be bad

Maybe use an app like kik messenger or LINE I suppose.

knIKYSW.jpg

I hope whoever goes will have an awesome time! :)