YuaremySin

official
GFRIEND announced in the lineup to KCON 2017 NY

52 posts in this topic

Hi all Buddies,

I am thinking bout bringing some gifts for our girls from British Columbia when I go to KCon in June. I am thinking about bring some ice wines (which is a specialty from BC and some chocolate from BC for Yerin and Eunha. What do you guys think? am I allow to give them gifts?

Flight and hotel booked, I ready to go to NY for GFriend

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using GFSquad.com mobile app

you would need to give those gifts to them at the airport....if you can get to them in time. 

booked? are you staying the entire weekend lol. we still dont know which day they'll be performing on.

I will be there for the whole weekend, arriving Friday, leaving Sunday afternoon. Think about it, it is kind of crazy, have NEVER follow any stars like this, whether Canadian or American, let alone Korean KPop stars. Somehow I just,like them as a group.

Planning on sightseeing the day they are not performing

I am hoping that they will have Fan sign at the event. ( got to have one, as not everyone can go to Fansign in Korea)

The price for the KCon NY is out, for the meet and greet access will cost $1500US. I debating whether to pay that or not
To all buddies who have gone to KCon before, what do you think? Should I pay that? As I didn't know our girls last year when they were in Toronto and LA. What was it like. Or should I get the 800US pass with the backstage assess?

22 hours ago, tubafrank said:

I am hoping that they will have Fan sign at the event. ( got to have one, as not everyone can go to Fansign in Korea)

There will be no fansigns. They don't do those outside of Korea.

10 minutes ago, tubafrank said:

The price for the KCon NY is out, for the meet and greet access will cost $1500US. I debating whether to pay that or not
To all buddies who have gone to KCon before, what do you think? Should I pay that? As I didn't know our girls last year when they were in Toronto and LA. What was it like. Or should I get the 800US pass with the backstage assess?

Personally I don't think it's worth it. If you can spend 1500USD for diamond tickets you might as well fly to Korea where you will get much better fanservice. The Backstage Meet and Greet is a new thing they're doing this year so I don't know how that will be run and what you could get out of it. 

From what I've heard from KCON LA last year, the backstage access is just a tour of the backstage, you won't get to see any artists. The only benefit I heard with Platinum tickets is that you get the fast pass so you don't have to wait in line anywhere. Depending how the stage is set up your seats may be bad too. At KCON LA last year, people who bought platinum tickets saw the backs of most groups due to how the stage was laid out. For me, I don't think it's worth the 800USD. That's a LOT of money.

For these Diamond and Platinum tickets, they will sell out within minutes so if you decide to get them good luck. The only other benefit to the Diamond and Platinum tickets is you get all access to the Hi-Touches and Fan Engagements. With P1 and lower you get a limited amount and are at random. So if you don't get the GFRIEND Hi-Touch or Fan Engagement passes you'll have to go around and trade with people.

From my experience, the Fan Engagement is where GFRIEND goes on stage and talks for like 5-10 minutes.  After that the Hi-Touch event starts where fans who have the GFRIEND Hi-Touch ticket get to go up and high-five the members. This was what it was like last year:

If you want to give them gifts your only chance is at the airport. And they probably won't accept ice wine since they probably won't be able to bring that on the plane. There's no guarantee they'll accept it so I suggest bringing something small?

HERE I GO, I WANNA GO

nerdysinbart sig.jpg

cr: nerdysinb

Thank you jkyc for the information, greatly appreciated it. My flight will not land in Newark International Airport until 9:30 pm on the 22 of June due to change from Air Canada, so I probably will miss them, since they probably will be there before I do. If they land in JFK in New York, I definitely will not get a chance to see them in the Airport. I was tempting to fly to Korea for their Fan sign.However, being a Physician,My schedule didn't allow me to do that. Finally, I will have a holiday at the end of June and I heard that GFriend will be in NY for KCon, so I decided that I am going to that instead. I probably will get the Platium package, which at least garentee that will have a chance to meet them, but I will wait and see what is meet and greet is all about. If meet and greet will give me a chance to talk to the girls personally for more than 5 minutes, than I might go for the 1500USD package, because it is more than the time that will get at the Fan sign in Korea

I am just wondering since Umji decided to take Haitus, does that mean she is not coming to New York KCon with the rest of the group?

I am just wondering since Umji decided to take Haitus, does that mean she is not coming to New York KCon with the rest of the group?

This is my first hearing this ? what ?!

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using GFSquad.com mobile app

I remember seeing the hints for this reveal and thinking HOW COULD ANYONE NOT GUESS GFRIEND

So it is true that Umji is taking Haitus? Or just old news? I saw it from FB by GFriend Fan page regarding letter that Umji wrote and translate by Alberto

I am not sure whether I saw it wrong? Is it old news or just happened?

I mean from what I saw on VLive,she seems fine, so it Is kind of shock and confuse when I saw that FB post

On 21/04/2017 at 0:34 AM, tubafrank said:

Thank you jkyc for the information, greatly appreciated it. My flight will not land in Newark International Airport until 9:30 pm on the 22 of June due to change from Air Canada, so I probably will miss them, since they probably will be there before I do. If they land in JFK in New York, I definitely will not get a chance to see them in the Airport. I was tempting to fly to Korea for their Fan sign.However, being a Physician,My schedule didn't allow me to do that. Finally, I will have a holiday at the end of June and I heard that GFriend will be in NY for KCon, so I decided that I am going to that instead. I probably will get the Platium package, which at least garentee that will have a chance to meet them, but I will wait and see what is meet and greet is all about. If meet and greet will give me a chance to talk to the girls personally for more than 5 minutes, than I might go for the 1500USD package, because it is more than the time that will get at the Fan sign in Korea

Ah if that's the case, getting the more expensive tickets might be your best chance. Good luck getting them! 

4 hours ago, tubafrank said:

I think that is old news from last year. There has been no news of such thing recently from my knowledge.

HERE I GO, I WANNA GO

nerdysinbart sig.jpg

cr: nerdysinb

Ok. I was worried a little bit. Thank you for the info

Cant wait for umji's opening in english!!!

Yewonnie's Pure Heart

I am excited to see that too. will try my best to cheer, My Marble stick has arrived, will bring that with me to NY. I think it will be great to have a buddy get together.

Still not sure which day is GFriend going to be on.

yeah if you have 1.5 grand to spend, you should definitely go to korea instead. you can get into a real fansigning event and spend a lot more time face to face with each member. or go to a solo concert.

what the pass will give you the opportunity to do is... see them at the red carpet...where they might give you a "hi-touch" there...

you'll definitely get a hi-touch pass or them which is basically high-fiving them (it goes by quickly though). and you get to see them very close, when they perform (only about 5 songs though)

for me, it's not worth it. the fanmeeting in toronto was so much more worth it (my ticket cost 150 usd) and i got to see them perform for about 90 minutes and then took a group photo with them....and got a signed poster. 

just found out today from kcon live chat that there will be a photo op for the top ticket tier. but there hasn't been any further details.

there is a good chance the tickets might provide better benefits this time around...but we should still wait ^^

GFRIEND Shoutout Video for KCON NY 2017!

JnGGqED.gif

0Ea9a.png0EGiQ.png

Credits to ASquirtle & Hana for sigs! ^^

Twitter

The girls will be performing on the 1st day of Kcon NY. 23 June (Friday)

Waiting for the ticket day :)

knIKYSW.jpg

i wonder wut special stage

BUDDY 4 LIFE

giphy.gif