Gwoxenox

other
RPGFriend Devlog (GFriend RPG)

125 posts in this topic

On ‎31‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 5:09 PM, 천사보컬 said:

Heh, meanwhile I can't wait for Chapter 1 already...

EDIT: So what I've noticed is this:

• Umji seems to be the healer of the group... definitely useful.
  • SinB seems to be the main attacker, since her damage outputs are really good
  • Eunha has yet to be known
  • Yuju seems to be a all-around character.
  • Sowon... and Yerin have yet to be known

Hehe, theorising, I like it :sowonnice:

Random teaser of 4 new characters to be revealed in the next few chapters!

tumblr_ou2rflxJHu1rmkfz3o1_1280.png

Work on Chapter 1 has already begun in amongst spazzing about Parallel. Hoping to have it ready in about a month although at this point it's hard to tell how realistic that is.

It says "Error: Script Error" when I press any key on the keyboard ? 

Edited by Corgi Eunha

Mental giphy.gif Maknae

Yuju: Attacks Umji..
Eunha: Aegyo
SinB: Shawing Song
Umji: Soothe
Yuju: *Is Fangirling*
Eunha: High Note
SinB: Sing
Umji: Sing

Ez gg ded :BeastToss-03:

EDIT: FINALLY AFTER MANY TRIES I DID IT :BeastToss-02:

Edited by Corgi Eunha

Mental giphy.gif Maknae

3 hours ago, Corgi Eunha said:

Yuju: Attacks Umji..
Eunha: Aegyo
SinB: Shawing Song
Umji: Soothe
Yuju: *Is Fangirling*
Eunha: High Note
SinB: Sing
Umji: Sing

Ez gg ded :BeastToss-03:

EDIT: FINALLY AFTER MANY TRIES I DID IT :BeastToss-02:

me LOL

SinB is a sly pepe that's why i love her

t5m6ts.gif2cy3dcm.gif

I suppose at this point I should say for those who haven't completed the fight and are struggling, in the spoiler there's a guide:

Spoiler

The key point is using your high notes early, they do as much damage as normal attacks but also have the possibility of stunning and hit all three opponents. Once your mana bar is drained, focus down Umji as quickly as possible, if she gets a few heals off you're basically doomed. Once Umji falls go for SinB next, Eunha's annoying but doesn't do much damage on her own so once you get rid of SinB you should have an easy win. Of course sometimes the RNG will not go in your favour and you'll lose anyway through bad luck, but keep trying and you should get there.

Apologies for the difficulty of this first fight, I think I accidentally removed critical hits which made it a lot easier. Still, I suppose it's nice to have a challenge 😉

1 minute ago, Gwoxenox said:

I suppose at this point I should say for those who haven't completed the fight and are struggling, in the spoiler there's a guide:

Hide contents

The key point is using your high notes early, they do as much damage as normal attacks but also have the possibility of stunning and hit all three opponents. Once your mana bar is drained, focus down Umji as quickly as possible, if she gets a few heals off you're basically doomed. Once Umji falls go for SinB next, Eunha's annoying but doesn't do much damage on her own so once you get rid of SinB you should have an easy win. Of course sometimes the RNG will not go in your favour and you'll lose anyway through bad luck, but keep trying and you should get there.

Apologies for the difficulty of this first fight, I think I accidentally removed critical hits which made it a lot easier. Still, I suppose it's nice to have a challenge

well from my exp in playing the game, when i use high notes in early, usually umji doesn't get stunned and eunha stuns or fangirls me (as YUJU ofc lol) so umji soothes them and since i can't damage them the soothe makes their health full again, so i focus my attack on umji first then if i sense that she's only one hit, i use high note so that there's a chance i'll stun them and the high note damage wont be wasted since umji's unable to play xD well thats my opinion xD

Its okay. Its only Chapter 0 and there are still many room for improvements ^^ If you ever need feedbacks or suggestions on how to improve the game we could help you 

Mental giphy.gif Maknae

well from my exp in playing the game, when i use high notes in early, usually umji doesn't get stunned and eunha stuns or fangirls me (as YUJU ofc lol) so umji soothes them and since i can't damage them the soothe makes their health full again, so i focus my attack on umji first then if i sense that she's only one hit, i use high note so that there's a chance i'll stun them and the high note damage wont be wasted since umji's unable to play [emoji23] well thats my opinion [emoji23]

Its okay. Its only Chapter 0 and there are still many room for improvements ^^ If you ever need feedbacks or suggestions on how to improve the game we could help you 

Fair enough. The strategy I sent was the one I had the most success with in testing but ofc there are different ways of completing it. The main thing really is just to not waste your high notes and take out Umji first.
If you've got feedback or suggestions please do tell, it's always nice to know what you guys think. And if you're interested there's always space on the dev team if anyone wants to help. Can never have too many buddies [emoji16]

Just now, Gwoxenox said:

Fair enough. The strategy I sent was the one I had the most success with in testing but ofc there are different ways of completing it. The main thing really is just to not waste your high notes and take out Umji first.
If you've got feedback or suggestions please do tell, it's always nice to know what you guys think. And if you're interested there's always space on the dev team if anyone wants to help. Can never have too many buddies emoji16.png

I do have suggestions for this chapter. But I don't mean to rush you or something like that :)
1. In fighting Eunha, Sinb, Umji I wish they have mana too or like some sort of cooldown to be fair
2. Display their HP so we won't have to guess if they'll be defeated yet 
3. Lastly option for Easy, Normal, Hard, GODFRIEND Mode? :BeastToss-32:

Overall it is good and I'll be expecting for future releases. ^^ I really do wish  that when the time comes and this has many chapters, we could put it a cd and give this game to Gfriend as a gift for like their anniversary and I think they'll like it. (Especially my Eunha cause she plays games usually <3)

Mental giphy.gif Maknae

Well I just know the prologue is out, will play it immediately

eRtbf5Y.gif

"밤하늘의 달마저 가리워지는 교차점에서, 기다려요. 기적은 이루어질까요?"

Where even the moon in the night sky hides, I'm waiting for you. Will there be a miracle?

Ah yes, displaying their hp would be nice so i know who's gonna be defeated soon and who's not xD

t5m6ts.gif2cy3dcm.gif

5 hours ago, Corgi Eunha said:

I do have suggestions for this chapter. But I don't mean to rush you or something like that :)
1. In fighting Eunha, Sinb, Umji I wish they have mana too or like some sort of cooldown to be fair
2. Display their HP so we won't have to guess if they'll be defeated yet 
3. Lastly option for Easy, Normal, Hard, GODFRIEND Mode? :BeastToss-32:

Overall it is good and I'll be expecting for future releases. ^^ I really do wish  that when the time comes and this has many chapters, we could put it a cd and give this game to Gfriend as a gift for like their anniversary and I think they'll like it. (Especially my Eunha cause she plays games usually <3)

Awesome will take it into account for future releases. I do think there was too much RNG in the prologue fight so looking to implement some sort of cooldown system for future enemies. HP display would be nice although I'm not sure how I'd implement it. Difficulty modes could be fun and not too hard to implement 😁

Once the story is finished or maybe even after a few chapters it would definitely be cool to package them into one big game, and maybe retouch some of the earlier chapters with what we've learned as it goes on. I hadn't even considered giving it to GFriend but OMG if someone could do that I think it would actually make my life 😂😂😂

42 minutes ago, Gwoxenox said:

Awesome will take it into account for future releases. I do think there was too much RNG in the prologue fight so looking to implement some sort of cooldown system for future enemies. HP display would be nice although I'm not sure how I'd implement it. Difficulty modes could be fun and not too hard to implement

Once the story is finished or maybe even after a few chapters it would definitely be cool to package them into one big game, and maybe retouch some of the earlier chapters with what we've learned as it goes on. I hadn't even considered giving it to GFriend but OMG if someone could do that I think it would actually make my life

Thank You for taking my suggestions into account. Hope you'll be able to successfully update soon :)

Thats good. Who knows? Maybe gfs will help (?) if it happens hahahha ^^

Mental giphy.gif Maknae

Can i play it trough app.... Or this just play with browser???? 

Spark is You... Gfriend

tumblr_o67p6vCKwZ1uh9bkjo3_400.giftumblr_oajcksCVFE1vuwg39o1_400.gif

Can i play it trough app.... Or this just play with browser???? 

You can download it as an app for PC and Mac (don't worry about the name your own price thing just put 0) but unfortunately just with browser on mobile

Sent from my MotoG3 using GFSquad.com mobile app

23 hours ago, Gwoxenox said:

You can download it as an app for PC and Mac (don't worry about the name your own price thing just put 0) but unfortunately just with browser on mobile

Sent from my MotoG3 using GFSquad.com mobile app

Thank you for the info..... I will play it... 

Spark is You... Gfriend

tumblr_o67p6vCKwZ1uh9bkjo3_400.giftumblr_oajcksCVFE1vuwg39o1_400.gif

Hi guys. Just updating cos I haven't for a while and I previously said that Chapter 1 would be coming out around about now. Well it won't be for a little while since I've been taking a break from things to spend time with my family so haven't worked on the game for a little while. That said we have still made progress and I'll be back at university soon so I'll get back into it there and update you guys on how it's going.

Haha I just realised how many times I said 'while' in one paragraph. Gonna need to avoid doing that while script-writing :BeastToss-32:

Edited by Gwoxenox

tumblr_ovronyVEqu1rmkfz3o1_1280.png

Crouching beagle, hidden SinB.

I got bored...

9 hours ago, Gwoxenox said:

tumblr_ovronyVEqu1rmkfz3o1_1280.png

Crouching beagle, hidden SinB.

I got bored...

reminds me of pokemon :BeastToss-32:

t5m6ts.gif2cy3dcm.gif

Haha it's been a while. So basically some things occurred in my life just after I last posted on this thread and hence I ended up leaving the game while I was dealing with that. I have a lot of time at the moment and was looking back through the files and figured it'd be fun to get this project up and running again. Sorry to anyone who's been waiting two years for a game I said would take a month... I don't really know how long it'll take to complete Chapter 1. I'm gonna be changing a lot of what was planned for the story and also need to get used to the program again, and because I know I'm terrible at seeing things through, maybe it'll never happen after all, but just thought I'd bring this up for anyone still interested.

Also in response to showing it to Gfriend I did actually tell Yuju about the game at a fansign last year, although I have no idea if she was actually able to find and play it.

Edited by Gwoxenox

13 hours ago, Gwoxenox said:

Haha it's been a while. So basically some things occurred in my life just after I last posted on this thread and hence I ended up leaving the game while I was dealing with that. I have a lot of time at the moment and was looking back through the files and figured it'd be fun to get this project up and running again. Sorry to anyone who's been waiting two years for a game I said would take a month... I don't really know how long it'll take to complete Chapter 1. I'm gonna be changing a lot of what was planned for the story and also need to get used to the program again, and because I know I'm terrible at seeing things through, maybe it'll never happen after all, but just thought I'd bring this up for anyone still interested.

Also in response to showing it to Gfriend I did actually tell Yuju about the game at a fansign last year, although I have no idea if she was actually able to find and play it.

Hi! Welcome Back! I Actually Have Been Really Interested In This Game Since 2017 But Didn't Dare To Play It. (I Don't Dare Reading Books/Playing Games That Are Not Completed Because I Would Get SOOO Distracted From Study). But I'm Glad You Decided To Pick It Up Again And I'm Very Looking Forward To Play The Completed Version!

PS: Would You Consider Some Cameo Performance From Buddies Who Are Interested? (AKA. Me) LOL

5 hours ago, BlueRicky said:

Hi! Welcome Back! I Actually Have Been Really Interested In This Game Since 2017 But Didn't Dare To Play It. (I Don't Dare Reading Books/Playing Games That Are Not Completed Because I Would Get SOOO Distracted From Study). But I'm Glad You Decided To Pick It Up Again And I'm Very Looking Forward To Play The Completed Version!

PS: Would You Consider Some Cameo Performance From Buddies Who Are Interested? (AKA. Me) LOL

Ooo I could totally do cameos. There'll have to be plenty of random NPCs in various areas and while I've already got designs for most of the main cast, most smaller roles are completely open.

As for making a completed version. At the moment I'm planning on releasing small chapters serially (like the prologue except a bit longer), and while I do have a plan for an overarching story arc, it'll probably take years to actually get through that, and if it's still fun to make and has a following I might even continue after that as a sequel. I'm not really sure yet how to package the chapters together into one bundle but I don't think it should be too hard. What I'm considering for players who'd rather play in bigger chunks rather than each individual chapter is maybe every few chapters when a smaller story arc is completed releasing that as a volume bundle. That way you can still get a full-ish game experience without having to wait aaaaaaaaages for the whole thing to be finished.

17 hours ago, Gwoxenox said:

Ooo I could totally do cameos. There'll have to be plenty of random NPCs in various areas and while I've already got designs for most of the main cast, most smaller roles are completely open.

As for making a completed version. At the moment I'm planning on releasing small chapters serially (like the prologue except a bit longer), and while I do have a plan for an overarching story arc, it'll probably take years to actually get through that, and if it's still fun to make and has a following I might even continue after that as a sequel. I'm not really sure yet how to package the chapters together into one bundle but I don't think it should be too hard. What I'm considering for players who'd rather play in bigger chunks rather than each individual chapter is maybe every few chapters when a smaller story arc is completed releasing that as a volume bundle. That way you can still get a full-ish game experience without having to wait aaaaaaaaages for the whole thing to be finished.

Sounds Interesting Man, You Can Follow Me On Twitter @GFS_BlueRicky So We Could Discuss More If You Wanted. I Usually Have Some Fantasies... Fighting!