RPGFriend Devlog (GFriend RPG)

125 posts in this topic

On 6/11/2017 at 6:45 PM, Gwoxenox said:

Not out just yet but I'll make sure to post here when it is

Sent from my MotoG3 using GFSquad.com mobile app

really??? thank you..... it will be my pleasure to play this game!!!! love it

Spark is You... Gfriend

tumblr_o67p6vCKwZ1uh9bkjo3_400.giftumblr_oajcksCVFE1vuwg39o1_400.gif

So unfortunately the game won't be compatible with phones but if you have Android you can download Neko RPGXP Player to emulate it. I'm not sure about iOS but there might be emulators available for that as well
Edit: It might work with Windows phones not sure about that

Ah...It's ok. I'm more than happy to play it[emoji7]

A wild Umji appeared to give you her teaser!

tumblr_orxbimTjay1rmkfz3o1_1280.png

Anyways, getting ever closer 'till chapter 0 is ready for release. I start my summer job next week but hopefully that won't slow down progress too much. Can't wait to share it with you all!

4 hours ago, Gwoxenox said:

A wild Umji appeared to give you her teaser!

tumblr_orxbimTjay1rmkfz3o1_1280.png

Anyways, getting ever closer 'till chapter 0 is ready for release. I start my summer job next week but hopefully that won't slow down progress too much. Can't wait to share it with you all!

The teaser is teasing me..... i am so curious and i hope that job not slow the progress!!! fighting @Gwoxenox

Spark is You... Gfriend

tumblr_osa40aqGCJ1rmkfz3o1_1280.png

Just Yerin's teaser left and then after that Chapter 0 will be released!:y1:

Also that job I was talking about in the last post ending up not happening :yerin-1: but at least that means I have more free time, so I'm hoping to be finished before I go to Japan on the 8th July, and if I'm not done by then, definitely before Gfriend's July comeback (assuming it'll be after I get back from Japan).

Waaaa I can't wait to see what you all think of it!

will this game available on mobile? (especially iOS because I'm using iPhone)

eRtbf5Y.gif

"밤하늘의 달마저 가리워지는 교차점에서, 기다려요. 기적은 이루어질까요?"

Where even the moon in the night sky hides, I'm waiting for you. Will there be a miracle?

27 minutes ago, YOJUyodiyuju said:

will this game available on mobile? (especially iOS because I'm using iPhone)

So converting to mobile apps is quite a lengthy process and needs to be done separately for each OS so I didn't originally have plans for a mobile release. But now that you and @Elena have both brought it up I think maybe I could upload it to a website so it can be run through a phone's browser as this conversion is built into RPG Maker. I'm not exactly sure what website I could upload it to so I'll have to look into that but it's a possibility.

1 minute ago, Gwoxenox said:

So converting to mobile apps is quite a lengthy process and needs to be done separately for each OS so I didn't originally have plans for a mobile release. But now that you and @Elena have both brought it up I think maybe I could upload it to a website so it can be run through a phone's browser as this conversion is built into RPG Maker. I'm not exactly sure what website I could upload it to so I'll have to look into that but it's a possibility.

ah, I think if it runs in a website then I might be able to play it from mobile, but I feel its not 100% possible

eRtbf5Y.gif

Where even the moon in the night sky hides, I'm waiting for you. Will there be a miracle?

1 minute ago, YOJUyodiyuju said:

ah, I think if it runs in a website then I might be able to play it from mobile, but I feel its not 100% possible

The program runs using html5 so according to the manual that means Safari on anything with iOS 8 or higher can run it (or Chrome on Android 4.4 or higher). That said, this is technology and I don't really know anything about how phones work so it's definitely possible it could go wrong.

I was just thinking with this and trying to work out where I'd upload it and I don't know how the servers work here or anything but, if there are any admins reading, how possible would it be and would you be willing to add the game to this site? Given that the target audience will be international buddies.

3 minutes ago, Gwoxenox said:

The program runs using html5 so according to the manual that means Safari on anything with iOS 8 or higher can run it (or Chrome on Android 4.4 or higher). That said, this is technology and I don't really know anything about how phones work so it's definitely possible it could go wrong.

I was just thinking with this and trying to work out where I'd upload it and I don't know how the servers work here or anything but, if there are any admins reading, how possible would it be and would you be willing to add the game to this site? Given that the target audience will be international buddies.

sometimes the screen just wont fit, if you have settings for that then maybe its a good news for mobile gamer

eRtbf5Y.gif

2 minutes ago, YOJUyodiyuju said:

sometimes the screen just wont fit, if you have settings for that then maybe its a good news for mobile gamer

Good point. Not sure there's much I can do about that :yerin-1:

Just now, Gwoxenox said:

Good point. Not sure there's much I can do about that :yerin-1:

maybe you can try to like resize your window on the demo of the game? if it's seem to be responsive to the window size, then it suits mobile browser

eRtbf5Y.gif

8 minutes ago, YOJUyodiyuju said:

maybe you can try to like resize your window on the demo of the game? if it's seem to be responsive to the window size, then it suits mobile browser

Seems to stay the same size unfortunately

Can you not convert the RPG into a mobile gaming app...?

So beautiful, like a stream of rain water, our transparent story...

ezgif.com-crop.gif.5dd0988a7301cbcff9b8c7650b4e37b3.gif

GFRIEND

2 hours ago, 천사보컬 said:

Can you not convert the RPG into a mobile gaming app...?

It's possible but takes a lot of time. Maybe I'll convert it once the series is properly up and running but I've already taken way too long with this initial release and I just wanna get it out and start working on the next one.

According to RPG Maker, for an Android app I'd need to purchase a domain and do a load of other confusing stuff, and I'd need a Mac (which I don't have) to make an iOS app. There are probably other ways to do it but I don't know them and I doubt they're much simpler.

Edited by Gwoxenox

5 hours ago, YOJUyodiyuju said:

So I've been playing around with it a bit and while it doesn't respond to changing the window size, it does respond to zooming in and out within the browser, so if it doesn't initially fit on a phone screen, zooming out should do the trick.

tumblr_osp9s2rBY91rmkfz3o1_1280.png

Hi guys! Yerin here with the final teaser.

So I've just got a few more things to add to the game before release, and unfortunately they're going to have to wait until after I get back from Japan, but I'll try and get them done as quickly as possible. Sorry that this first release has taken so long, I've been pretty busy with other things a lot of the time but now that I'm more familiar with the process I'm hoping to be a lot quicker in future. The target is a chapter a month from now on but I don't want to fully commit to anything just yet.

While I'll be unable to work on the game while I'm in Japan, I'll try to use the time to arrange where I'll be uploading it and maybe try to pull together a team for future releases as so many people offered to help. As always if you have any ideas or feedback just ask and I'll try to be available when I can to answer your questions.

Not long to wait now, I'm gonna estimate around about the 22nd for release but don't hold me to that, could be earlier or later, we'll see.

Thanks everyone for your support! :yerin-love:

I'll be happy to wait, beside, about the upload, are you gonna upload it as a executable file which the players will download and run them in their computer, or upload it to a website and play it online?

eRtbf5Y.gif

I'll be happy to wait, beside, about the upload, are you gonna upload it as a executable file which the players will download and run them in their computer, or upload it to a website and play it online?

I'm thinking both. I was originally planning on just packaging it into an exe but then it wouldn't be playable on mobile and also a lot of security programs don't allow exe files from unknown sources, so for those who can't use the exe I'd like to upload it to a website as well to play online, although I'm still not sure what website I could use.

Actually I don't know which website offer a free route to place your game there to let everyone play, must need to pay. Safest thing to do is just make it as an executable file I think. We can still bypass the security programs by adding it to exception.

eRtbf5Y.gif

Big News!

The prologue is now ready for release and will be released at 6pm KST on July 31st! It will be uploaded as playable in the browser and also downloadable as an exe file to https://gwoxenox.itch.io/rpgfriend and will hopefully also be playable on mobile browsers although I won't be able to test this until release so sorry if it's not compatible.

Again sorry for how long this has taken and I hope future releases will be much quicker. The dev team is now assembled so we'll begin work on Chapter 1 soon!

Sounds amazing!! Can't wait

giphy.gif

it makes me so happy GFriend is inspiring fans to create games, there is also a fan on youtube working on a Mega Man inspired game with GFriend :) I love creative Buddies :D 

can't wait to play your rpg game :) it's soon now! 

Can't wait for this :sowon-wow:

tumblr_nrptze36LK1u92k49o4_250.gif    I WILL ALWAYS BE SINB'S    tumblr_nrptze36LK1u92k49o1_250.gif

19 hours ago, Gwoxenox said:

Big News!

The prologue is now ready for release and will be released at 6pm KST on July 31st! It will be uploaded as playable in the browser and also downloadable as an exe file to https://gwoxenox.itch.io/rpgfriend and will hopefully also be playable on mobile browsers although I won't be able to test this until release so sorry if it's not compatible.

Again sorry for how long this has taken and I hope future releases will be much quicker. The dev team is now assembled so we'll begin work on Chapter 1 soon!

Where can i play it??? Is there is app for android to play it because there is exe file... 

Spark is You... Gfriend