Gwoxenox

other
RPGFriend Devlog (GFriend RPG)

125 posts in this topic

this looks amazing!!!

If u ever need any help lol lemme know xD ill be a playtester for u LOL

rUfMuFW.pngsowonnie-s_zpsmw8tfy3j.png&key=9c70ae46f

♡ rest in peace ♡

Also because I wanna do this in separate episodes while there will be stat growth involved I don't think there's a way I can keep an individual player's growth between episodes without making you all play through the whole game every time which would get a bit repetitive

Sent from my MotoG3 using GFSquad.com mobile app

this is awesome!! :sowon-wow:

can i know your name in facebook so we can know the progress of the game?

Sent from my SM-J200H using GFSquad.com mobile app

On ‎21‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 8:14 AM, xiao jiro-ssi said:

can i know your name in facebook so we can know the progress of the game?

Sure, my FB name is Gwilym Gwox if anyone wants to add me.

Sorry I haven't been able to work on this for a while because of uni projects and exams but I'm now back at home so I can finally start working on this properly :sinb-badass:

Sure, my FB name is Gwilym Gwox if anyone wants to add me.
Sorry I haven't been able to work on this for a while because of uni projects and exams but I'm now back at home so I can finally start working on this properly :sinb-badass:

oh is that so, then thanks and keep up the good work buddy

Sent from my SM-J200H using GFSquad.com mobile app

Wow daebak!!! So good and i can't even wait..... Fighting @Gwoxenox:BeastToss-26:

Spark is You... Gfriend

tumblr_o67p6vCKwZ1uh9bkjo3_400.giftumblr_oajcksCVFE1vuwg39o1_400.gif

1prs1pbut1twco0g4kckk0cs0_tumblr_tmp.png

Welcome to the dorm! And say hello to Chibi Yerin :y1:

Just one more map to go then I can finally get around to making the rest of Chapter 0 (I expect the maps to take the longest because of all the sprite editing but this is the first time I've done this so who knows what problems I will encounter elsewhere :sb1:)

Also I dunno whether to keep the hair colours Fingertip style or change them to how they are now, but I guess I'll make that decision on release 'cause they're not too hard to change and they might've all dyed their hair again by then.

Chapter 0/Prologue is going to be pretty short so I can get it out fairly soon and won't really contain any major gameplay elements other than tutorials, but look forward to the following chapters where hopefully I can get some more people on board and we can work on it together which should speed up the process a lot. Once I get close to finishing the Prologue I'll message everyone who's offered to help so we can arrange stuff but right now I don't know when that will be.

16 hours ago, Gwoxenox said:

1prs1pbut1twco0g4kckk0cs0_tumblr_tmp.png

Welcome to the dorm! And say hello to Chibi Yerin :y1:

Just one more map to go then I can finally get around to making the rest of Chapter 0 (I expect the maps to take the longest because of all the sprite editing but this is the first time I've done this so who knows what problems I will encounter elsewhere :sb1:)

Also I dunno whether to keep the hair colours Fingertip style or change them to how they are now, but I guess I'll make that decision on release 'cause they're not too hard to change and they might've all dyed their hair again by then.

Chapter 0/Prologue is going to be pretty short so I can get it out fairly soon and won't really contain any major gameplay elements other than tutorials, but look forward to the following chapters where hopefully I can get some more people on board and we can work on it together which should speed up the process a lot. Once I get close to finishing the Prologue I'll message everyone who's offered to help so we can arrange stuff but right now I don't know when that will be.

wow... you done the dorm??? i can't believe it....... i hope this will be done..... Fighting @Gwoxenox.... we always appreciate your work  

Spark is You... Gfriend

Ok...so all maps are now complete, time to get going with actually putting the story in the game, which, for spoiler reasons, I can't exactly post about, so instead, I've made a few little teasers and I'll be releasing these as I go through the creation process.

Feel free to theorise to your heart's content about what they might mean :Sowon-hue3:

Of course I'll still be here to answer your questions and if you want to help out in future chapters please say so, but for now, teaser number 1:

tumblr_oqu7ux9ANr1rmkfz3o1_1280.png

Interrupting the teasers briefly to show you the title screen :BeastToss-02:I'm way more excited about this than I should be considering what it is but it worked a lot better than I expected so....TA-DA!

tumblr_orctnhRzpb1rmkfz3o1_1280.png

P.S. The more people bug me about finishing this the quicker I'll probably get it done. I'm rubbish at motivating myself #shamelesscryforattention

5 hours ago, Gwoxenox said:

Interrupting the teasers briefly to show you the title screen :BeastToss-02:I'm way more excited about this than I should be considering what it is but it worked a lot better than I expected so....TA-DA!

P.S. The more people bug me about finishing this the quicker I'll probably get it done. I'm rubbish at motivating myself #shamelesscryforattention

Daebak!!! where can i play the game??? if this game is out, i wanna play it like crazy one....

Spark is You... Gfriend

I'll be waiting until the release date

Sent from my A1601 using GFSquad.com mobile app

Daebak!!! where can i play the game??? if this game is out, i wanna play it like crazy one....

Not out just yet but I'll make sure to post here when it is

:sowon-wow: Just saw this and was really amazed. Excited about the outcome of this one, good job, Buddy! :D

Yuju.png.fcca76aa877ba62941b60d8a0d0b6e29.png

괜찮은 느낌 이 떨림 나도 몰래 우연히 봄

do you have twitter? i want to ask some questions maybe. but i cant be active in the threads.

Just like this, just like today. I want to be with You, Forever

do you have twitter? i want to ask some questions maybe. but i cant be active in the threads.

I've got an old account but I've never really used it other than for school stuff. I think it's also called Gwoxenox I'll try to remember to go on and check my messages there if you want to ask anything

Teaser no. 2!

tumblr_orfvgzh6Is1rmkfz3o1_1280.png

Wow this is an amazing idea. Hope you do keep going for this and eventually make it a real game! ^^ Goodluck!

Wow! Im getting excited. Couldn't wait for it and it will be the first game on my phone once it's out.

4 hours ago, Elena said:
Wow! Im getting excited. Couldn't wait for it and it will be the first game on my phone once it's out.

So unfortunately the game won't be compatible with phones but if you have Android you can download Neko RPGXP Player to emulate it. I'm not sure about iOS but there might be emulators available for that as well

Edit: It might work with Windows phones not sure about that

Edited by Gwoxenox

Well, guess I'm playing this.

So beautiful, like a stream of rain water, our transparent story...

ezgif.com-crop.gif.5dd0988a7301cbcff9b8c7650b4e37b3.gif

GFRIEND

Same. Can't wait 

FEZ4zS.gif "Fall down eight times, get up nine." 

"Вся слава Тому, Кто искупил жизнь мою"

On 3/26/2017 at 2:31 PM, Gwoxenox said:

So I recently bought RPG Maker MV and I was wondering what your thoughts would be on making a GFriend RPG-style game. It would be uploaded (completely free, my gift to Buddies for being such a wonderful fandom) in regular chapters/episodes (although I'm not sure yet how quickly I'd be able to make them) and would be mostly story-driven, with a fairly basic RPG battle system. Because of doing it in chapters there'll be no player stats carried over and so no need to grind, so I was thinking of only doing a few battles per chapter (depending on how long the chapter is) which would also allow me to customise each one and make it unique and meaningful. As for the story I'm not 100% sure exactly where it'll lead, probably some kind of supernatural/fantasy type thing, but I'll try to make it feel as GFriendy as possible.

I've already got a rough (<--hehe) plan for a pilot 'prologue' episode, so you'll get a better idea of how this'll work once I release that but I'm a little busy with university work right now so probably can't start developing it for a few days.

Any early feedback on whether you'd be interested in it or suggestions on how you think I could make this the best it could be would be most welcome.

I'd like to get the prologue up as soon as possible but until then as a teaser, here's my attempt at using RPG Maker's character generation to create our girls, let me know what you think:

tumblr_onfxm6Yyo61rmkfz3o1_540.png

LOL!I was always waiting for a visual novel or something about GFriend.But this sounds even better...

Edited by adabella100

6b22e9e57698cc24354f70f407a745f63a2d6ec3

Yuju time! Teaser no. 3:

tumblr_ork14oIzmp1rmkfz3o1_1280.png

Also I'm probably going to be keeping their hair Fingertip era colours because then they're easier to recognise and I can be more liberal with their facial expressions.

14 hours ago, adabella100 said:

LOL!I was always waiting for a visual novel or something about GFriend.But this sounds even better...

Awesome, because in some ways this will be kinda like a visual novel. I always tend to prefer story-driven games and I find grinding in most RPGs really annoying and boring so this'll be quite story packed, and I want to make it so that all the gameplay is meaningful and doesn't just feel like fighting random things for the sake of it.