Gwoxenox

other
RPGFriend Devlog (GFriend RPG)

125 posts in this topic

Chapter 0: Prologue, is released at https://gwoxenox.itch.io/rpgfriend!!!!!

So I recently bought RPG Maker MV and I was wondering what your thoughts would be on making a GFriend RPG-style game. It would be uploaded (completely free, my gift to Buddies for being such a wonderful fandom) in regular chapters/episodes (although I'm not sure yet how quickly I'd be able to make them) and would be mostly story-driven, with a fairly basic RPG battle system. Because of doing it in chapters there'll be no player stats carried over and so no need to grind, so I was thinking of only doing a few battles per chapter (depending on how long the chapter is) which would also allow me to customise each one and make it unique and meaningful. As for the story I'm not 100% sure exactly where it'll lead, probably some kind of supernatural/fantasy type thing, but I'll try to make it feel as GFriendy as possible.

I've already got a rough (<--hehe) plan for a pilot 'prologue' episode, so you'll get a better idea of how this'll work once I release that but I'm a little busy with university work right now so probably can't start developing it for a few days.

Any early feedback on whether you'd be interested in it or suggestions on how you think I could make this the best it could be would be most welcome.

I'd like to get the prologue up as soon as possible but until then as a teaser, here's my attempt at using RPG Maker's character generation to create our girls, let me know what you think:

tumblr_onfxm6Yyo61rmkfz3o1_540.png

Edited by Gwoxenox

Sounds fun! I can tell who is who from the characters you created so good job with that 

(Starting from top left and going across)

Sowon, Yerin, Eunha, Yuju, SinB, Umji - Just realised that it's in age order but still i knew who they were before I figured that out lol

I wonder what kind of story you could make based of Gfriend though. Will be interesting! :)

OWEEE!! This sounds so exciting! If you do finish this, I plan to share it! ^^ Let us know if we can be of any help! 

Idea: You should include special parts in their MV. Like glass beads, butterfly, arcade guns, water hose, roller skating,etc 

Best of luck! ^^ 

*Entertaining Buddies and Spreading the Gfriend Love*

Yess! Would love to see! I'll help make any graphics you need if you ever need help. I've used RPG Maker VX Ace previously (it's been a while though, and I never got too far into the whole process of making a game), not sure how much different it is to RPGMMV but in terms of sprites and graphics it shouldn't be too different. So if you need help with anything, let me know, I want to help :P  If you want examples PM me and I'll send you some screenshots :) otherwise I look forward to it :D 

8Hwt9x.gif8SqYLK.gif

Spoiler

yey!!! 

Love to see it! :y1:

16144447_1376647265714656_780573532_n.gi
 LOVE YOU GUYS 
HeyItsMeJOULES

11 hours ago, Buddy~ said:

Idea: You should include special parts in their MV. Like glass beads, butterfly, arcade guns, water hose, roller skating,etc 

The arcade guns I definitely want to put in there although I hadn't really thought about the others. Maybe some of them would work as items or collectibles, it'd be cool to get as many in as possible. Roller skates could be a fun concept :BeastToss-26:

6 hours ago, Hana said:

I'll help make any graphics you need if you ever need help. I've used RPG Maker VX Ace previously (it's been a while though, and I never got too far into the whole process of making a game), not sure how much different it is to RPGMMV but in terms of sprites and graphics it shouldn't be too different. So if you need help with anything, let me know, I want to help :P 

Thank you very much for the offer. I'm pretty awful at art myself so I'm super grateful for any help in that area. I'll let you know if and when I need anything :BeastToss-24:

omo this seems cool, can't wait to see it!

SinB is a sly pepe that's why i love her

t5m6ts.gif2cy3dcm.gif

If you need any help for editing or anything. Count me in maybe. I'm interest in it. Dont know which part i am helping. But. If you need more hands. Here. I offer mine!

Sent from my HM NOTE 1S using GFSquad.com mobile app

Just like this, just like today. I want to be with You, Forever

6 hours ago, Kuro said:

If you need more hands. Here. I offer mine!

:Sowon:Thank youuu!!!! I'm sure something will come up. It's the first time I've done anything like this in years so I'll probably need as much help as I can get

Waaa it's very interesting xD if u need help for your project, maybe I can help you too xD I support your project:yj2:

tumblr_onjthrSmCa1rmkfz3o1_400.png

I present the first finished (really small) map of the game, Sowon and Yerin's bedroom (with an appearance from chibi Sowon). A lot of the graphics (especially Yerin's bed) took me a bit longer than they probably should've but I'm getting the hang of it. :u1:Now I really need to get on with a stats project but hopefully I can get that out of the way quickly and make more maps :BeastToss-29:

wow!! this is interesting. Can't wait for it.

I'm not good in art. Will support u mentally. Buddy :BeastToss-29:

I love RPG! Keep it up buddy!

Definitely sounds interesting, as a huge gamer myself, anything with Gfriend in it is a welcome edition to my gaming adventures. If you need any input, testing and feedback, just let me know.

knIKYSW.jpg

21 hours ago, Gwoxenox said:

tumblr_onjthrSmCa1rmkfz3o1_400.png

OMG! This is sooooo exciting! <3 <3 Let us know if you need any ideas! Great job so far! 

just wanna ask if u are done with the story.Can u please tell us and if u arent i could help u im really interested in my story making skills.So if u need plot help maybe i could help or something.:sinb-badass:

BUDDY 4 LIFE

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Umjified said:

just wanna ask if u are done with the story.Can u please tell us and if u arent i could help u im really interested in my story making skills.So if u need plot help maybe i could help or something.

The story's actually a big grey area rn. I know how it's going to start and a few early events but I actually have no idea about any long-term plot so I could definitely use your help with that.

:yerin-love:Thank you so much everyone for your support and for offering to help! I think I'm gonna make the prologue by myself to give you all a better idea of what this'll be like and also to give myself a better understanding of everything that needs to be done but after that it'd be great to get everyone involved and together we can make this wayyyy better than I originally thought :BeastToss-26: Please remain patient cause I've got a lot going on at the moment and I'll try my best to keep you all updated

its okay...masterpieces were not done in seconds but in years of hardwork so...FIGHTING:Sowon:

BUDDY 4 LIFE

giphy.gif

UPDATE!

Map 2 is complete, so I guess that means I'm halfway through the map-making of the prologue (although the other two maps will be a bit bigger).

Here's your first look at the maknae's room:

tumblr_oo7rfg6wf21rmkfz3o1_250.png

1 hour ago, Gwoxenox said:

UPDATE!

Map 2 is complete, so I guess that means I'm halfway through the map-making of the prologue (although the other two maps will be a bit bigger).

OMG, this is so cute! :x. Thankyou for your hardwork! 

I'm excited to see more! :umjilove:. Fighting!

3 hours ago, Gwoxenox said:

UPDATE!

exciting! <3 

Wow...exciting. Looking forward for your next update. Fighting @Gwoxenox buddy!!:BeastToss-29:

If this is an RPG, then you gotta have stats for the characters, right?
What are each member's stat growths and specialty?

So beautiful, like a stream of rain water, our transparent story...

ezgif.com-crop.gif.5dd0988a7301cbcff9b8c7650b4e37b3.gif

GFRIEND

3 hours ago, 1004V Vocals said:

If this is an RPG, then you gotta have stats for the characters, right?
What are each member's stat growths and specialty?

Hmm...trying to think of a witty way to hint at things but for now I'm just gonna say...spoilers!:Sowon-hue3:

It probably won't be too influential to the story but as it's a growth thing I'll keep it secret for now just in case