singermelodie1

official
American buddies unite!!!!!!!!! (American Buddies Thread)

135 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, HexShapedGummy said:

i'd say depends on 1. what experience you'd like with the artist and 2. how much you know korean XD.

american artists or western artists...dont usually do fansignings... which are probably the best way to see face to face with an artist. you spend personal time with them and you can even give them a gift directly...of course you need to buy a ticket to korea... know the system for getting into the fansignings and knowing korean means you can communicate with the artists without just pointing and/or smiling. 

for world tours or concerts, western artists are definitely more accessible. they hold concerts in each major city so you get the opportunity to see them perform. if you get the meet & greet packages, they are great. you got photo taken with them and you get some signed merch... personal photos with artists are very hard to come by for kpop artists unless they are very friendly and you see them at airport or shopping or something by chance. also depends on how big the artist is too. 

but 1500 is a lot...forget about trip to korea... that's good enough for a trip anywhere in the world ^^.

wow, you guys sure had a pretty long convo. 
its true tho. thats american/western artists dont usually do fansigns, (tho $1500 is like the price Justin Bieber fans pay to meet him as well i think? no hate towards JB!~) 
I guess what we all should do now is save that $1500, go for Korean classes, then fly to Korea and try our best to get into their fansign in the future. xD 
(tho I hope agencies will start to realize that they after do have a market here for fan signs just like in S.K)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like I'm the only from Massachusetts here. TT

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GFSuzr said:

Haha, just pointing or smiling be me. xD

Yeah, without downplaying the cost, $1500 is no joke. In the end, Like you said, it's all in their experience. Fortunately of the people I know who've had the chance to go to a K-Pop fansign or concert have not regret it. Just about everyone said if they had the chance they'll do it again. :D

hahah. going by what you said in your previous reply. im starting to think that even if I made it to S.K, its gonna be harder to see the girls as compared to KCON. (Im slowly becoming that kid that says no i shouldnt do this, but still ends up doing it anyway.) I can already feel 1500 leaving my bank account. this is bad. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, SK_Buddy said:

I feel like I'm the only from Massachusetts here. TT

I've visited there if that counts! xD

44 minutes ago, waisum18 said:

hahah. going by what you said in your previous reply. im starting to think that even if I made it to S.K, its gonna be harder to see the girls as compared to KCON. (Im slowly becoming that kid that says no i shouldnt do this, but still ends up doing it anyway.) I can already feel 1500 leaving my bank account. this is bad. 

My thinking is like this...If you have the opportunity to do something and have the means AND will likely regret sometime in the future that you did not take the opportunity, save yourself the regret and do it. :)

However, if it's money that you do need AND without it will put you or others in a difficult situation, don't do it.

I like to keep life simple when I can. xD

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GFSuzr said:

Haha, just pointing or smiling be me. xD

Yeah, without downplaying the cost, $1500 is no joke. In the end, Like you said, it's all in their experience. Fortunately of the people I know who've had the chance to go to a K-Pop fansign or concert have not regret it. Just about everyone said if they had the chance they'll do it again. :D

i think a fansign is much better! do note that this is 4 artists per day. each artist performs around 4-5 songs...so that's what you will expect gfriend to be doing! 

38 minutes ago, waisum18 said:

wow, you guys sure had a pretty long convo. 
its true tho. thats american/western artists dont usually do fansigns, (tho $1500 is like the price Justin Bieber fans pay to meet him as well i think? no hate towards JB!~) 
I guess what we all should do now is save that $1500, go for Korean classes, then fly to Korea and try our best to get into their fansign in the future. xD 
(tho I hope agencies will start to realize that they after do have a market here for fan signs just like in S.K)

jb used to charge 2k for individual photo op and 900+ for group photos...he got rid of it though.. but that's bieber...he's like an international superstar remember.... not to sell twice or gfriend short, but they are not comparable groups to his popularity...so you're paying 1500 for the same thing + bieber takes up the entire 2 hours or so concert. ariana grande charges like 500+ and similar artists do that same or maybe less.

34 minutes ago, SK_Buddy said:

I feel like I'm the only from Massachusetts here. TT

mass is close to new york ^^... i think most fans reside in the major cities...there are exceptions.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I feel like I'm the only from Massachusetts here. TT



And I think I'm the only one who's from Kentucky here ;_;

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using GFSquad.com mobile app

0

gfnavillera-s_zpss7z92vxz.png&key=181bc265c62a61000e8e8f78c8659742f87fa0e2ce612cb2a1b043270b6f24bf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, gfnavillera said:

 

 


And I think I'm the only one who's from Kentucky here ;_;

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using GFSquad.com mobile app
 

 

 

ooooh i've been to kentucky! it was alright...i just remember the meals being a lot bigger there and maybe visiting a cave there. had rainbow trout....or maybe i had it in tennessee.

Edited by HexShapedGummy
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish I could go to kcon...unfortunately it's too far away from me (way too expensive)... :(

If they ever have one in Chicago, though, I'll drive down for sure! Minnesota isn't too far away from Illinois [emoji23]

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone from this thread gonna buy Eunha doll? They advised thet if someone from far country wants to buy it should on groups since shipping fee is high. So.... Is anyone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using GFSquad.com mobile app

0

gfnavillera-s_zpss7z92vxz.png&key=181bc265c62a61000e8e8f78c8659742f87fa0e2ce612cb2a1b043270b6f24bf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

North Carolina 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, gfnavillera said:

Is anyone from this thread gonna buy Eunha doll? They advised thet if someone from far country wants to buy it should on groups since shipping fee is high. So.... Is anyone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using GFSquad.com mobile app
 

unfortunately i dont really like the doll and being a dude, it would be super weird dressing a doll up 9_9 but hopefully you'll find some american buddies who will help with your purchase!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
unfortunately i dont really like the doll and being a dude, it would be super weird dressing a doll up [emoji16] but hopefully you'll find some american buddies who will help with your purchase!



I'll make you more manlier if you purchase one to help me dude [emoji23][emoji23] just kidding. Thank you then [emoji2]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using GFSquad.com mobile app

0

gfnavillera-s_zpss7z92vxz.png&key=181bc265c62a61000e8e8f78c8659742f87fa0e2ce612cb2a1b043270b6f24bf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im about to buy light stick for kcon. if anyone wants me to purchase one for them to save on shipping lemme know. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

op updated with KCon prices

0

5ibEtdd.gifH027EVu.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello guys, first of all, I'm not american but I have something to ask.

is anybody here using apple products? if so, would you mind to buy my apple store code? i have the $10 one.

i'm from indonesia and i wrongly bought it, so i cannot use it.

thanks before, message me if you are interested.

0

  eRtbf5Y.gif

"밤하늘의 달마저 가리워지는 교차점에서, 기다려요. 기적은 이루어질까요?"

Where even the moon in the night sky hides, I'm waiting for you. Will there be a miracle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2017 at 9:22 AM, singermelodie1 said:

op updated with KCon prices

there's a seating chart now ^^... lineups are going to be announced tomorrow. pretty sure gfriend will perform friday =/

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm from Chicago. I'm going to NY for the KCON and I hope I could get tickets.:sb2:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, EyesForSR said:

I'm from Chicago. I'm going to NY for the KCON and I hope I could get tickets.:sb2:

you're definitely going to get tickets! i dont expect super demand for the concert. 

is everyone who is going going for standing room or seated seats?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HexShapedGummy said:

you're definitely going to get tickets! i dont expect super demand for the concert. 

is everyone who is going going for standing room or seated seats?

I'm planning P1, standing maybe...:/

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, EyesForSR said:

I'm planning P1, standing maybe...:/

im just going for one day.... hopefully there will be good p1 tickets left for the single ticket purchase date...

i think p2 standing will have best view... i remember i had to turn and look at the backs of aoa and snsd during a part of their performances because i was in the best section..

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gfriend is performing on the first day of Kcon NY. 23 June (Friday). 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

now to decide which type of ticket to buy

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there going to be a meetup for gfsquad? I'm aiming for p1 standing as well lol

0

knIKYSW.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, yerinmybae said:

Is there going to be a meetup for gfsquad? I'm aiming for p1 standing as well lol

we could if we get enough buddies... p1 seems to be the best way to do it since it's standing room.

i'm just buying solo day passes though

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KCON17NY_Daily_Lineup-1024x1024.jpg:y1:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now