singermelodie1

official
American buddies unite!!!!!!!!! (American Buddies Thread)

135 posts in this topic

I'm far from NY. So sad

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using GFSquad.com mobile app

gfnavillera-s_zpss7z92vxz.png&key=181bc265c62a61000e8e8f78c8659742f87fa0e2ce612cb2a1b043270b6f24bf

23 hours ago, HexShapedGummy said:

are any of you going to kcon new york to see our girls perform this summer? ^^

I want to bu summer classes:BeastToss-21:

5ibEtdd.gifH027EVu.gif

28 minutes ago, singermelodie1 said:

I want to bu summer classes:BeastToss-21:

on fridays and saturdays? you can sneak out if that is the case! :rolleyes:

Edited by HexShapedGummy

12 hours ago, HexShapedGummy said:

on fridays and saturdays? you can sneak out if that is the case! :rolleyes:

oh. it's a Saturday?

5ibEtdd.gifH027EVu.gif

9 minutes ago, singermelodie1 said:

oh. it's a Saturday?

Its a Friday & Saturday. Dont know which days the girls are performing on yet tho. Kcon havent announced. 

3 minutes ago, waisum18 said:

Its a Friday & Saturday. Dont know which days the girls are performing on yet tho. Kcon havent announced. 

oh. thanks for the information.

5ibEtdd.gifH027EVu.gif

op updated

5ibEtdd.gifH027EVu.gif

48 minutes ago, waisum18 said:

since twice is the headliner...unless kcon announces 2 bigger or pretty popular girl groups, it's hard to imagine gfriend not performing friday, instead of saturday. 

45 minutes ago, singermelodie1 said:

oh. thanks for the information.

so there is a chance now? :rolleyes: though look at above comment =/

1 minute ago, HexShapedGummy said:

since twice is the headliner...unless kcon announces 2 bigger or pretty popular girl groups, it's hard to imagine gfriend not performing friday, instead of saturday. 

so there is a chance now? :rolleyes: though look at above comment =/

I agree w what you mentioned. Since most of the groups that are coming will be male groups, and as of now its only 2 female groups, highly likely that 1 group for day 1, another group for day 2. Have a feeling they will perform on Friday as well, but lets keep our fingers crossed. 

7 minutes ago, waisum18 said:

I agree w what you mentioned. Since most of the groups that are coming will be male groups, and as of now its only 2 female groups, highly likely that 1 group for day 1, another group for day 2. Have a feeling they will perform on Friday as well, but lets keep our fingers crossed. 

are you only available on saturday as well?

13 minutes ago, HexShapedGummy said:

are you only available on saturday as well?

Nope!! I'm good for both days. Tho I'm going mainly just to see the girls. Are you going by any chance??

11 minutes ago, waisum18 said:

Nope!! I'm good for both days. Tho I'm going mainly just to see the girls. Are you going by any chance??

i have gone each year since they started having them in new york. there's 2 artists left for them to announce; assuming they follow the formats in the past... if they are not girl groups, i'll just go on the day gfriend performs.

i will keep an eye on what they mean by the photo op for diamond package though...but 1500....is a little much to pay for it even if you have photo taken and have meet & greet session.

7 minutes ago, HexShapedGummy said:

i have gone each year since they started having them in new york. there's 2 artists left for them to announce; assuming they follow the formats in the past... if they are not girl groups, i'll just go on the day gfriend performs.

i will keep an eye on what they mean by the photo op for diamond package though...but 1500....is a little much to pay for it even if you have photo taken and have meet & greet session.

Nice. I just moved back to NY last year. So first KCON NY for me. 

I'm thinking of getting the diamond tixs as well. But like you said, it is a bit much to drop 1.5 grand. 

3 hours ago, waisum18 said:

Nice. I just moved back to NY last year. So first KCON NY for me. 

I'm thinking of getting the diamond tixs as well. But like you said, it is a bit much to drop 1.5 grand. 

first year, i was in the pit and was so happy that i was so close to aoa and snsd!!!. last year, i got p2 tickets i think...i was pretty far away...but i got p2 because there wasn't a must see artist for me last year. i think you should purchase at least p1 to see them close.

3 minutes ago, HexShapedGummy said:

first year, i was in the pit and was so happy that i was so close to aoa and snsd!!!. last year, i got p2 tickets i think...i was pretty far away...but i got p2 because there wasn't a must see artist for me last year. i think you should purchase at least p1 to see them close.

Yeap that's what I totally intend to do. I see you are a snsd fan yourself too? (Thanks for the tip tho! Really appreciate it!)

O.o

Is $1500 including the airfare? Or is that just the (Diamond ?) ticket price for the 2 days?

1 minute ago, waisum18 said:

Yeap that's what I totally intend to do. I see you are a snsd fan yourself too? (Thanks for the tip tho! Really appreciate it!)

i am a fan of their music but i wouldn't go out and call myself a sone. ive also seen them during smtown new york.

Just now, GFSuzr said:

O.o

Is $1500 including the airfare? Or is that just the (Diamond ?) ticket price for the 2 days?

not including airfare LOl.... 1500 is like a vip package... you go behind the scenes, you go on quicker lines, you are getting the best seats, you get a photo op, meet and greet, red carpet...better goodie bag (which isn't that good) but it's 1500

1 minute ago, GFSuzr said:

O.o

It's just the ticket price for 2 days. No airfare. 

1 minute ago, HexShapedGummy said:

not including airfare LOl.... 1500 is like a vip package... you go behind the scenes, you go on quicker lines, you are getting the best seats, you get a photo op, meet and greet, red carpet...better goodie bag (which isn't that good) but it's 1500

1 minute ago, waisum18 said:

It's just the ticket price for 2 days. No airfare. 

Ah! The perks make sense. xD Thanks!

http://www.kconusa.com/kcon-ny-tickets/ - Nice! Seems worth it to me. Well, depends on who else attends too.

13 minutes ago, HexShapedGummy said:

i am a fan of their music but i wouldn't go out and call myself a sone. ive also seen them during smtown new york.

hahaha I see I see. I have seen them live too. Twice during their GG tour. Was a pretty damn amazing concert. 

I've seen other buddies saying that with $1500, it would be smarter to fly to Korea and actually attend the girls' fan sign rather than pay for Kcon. 

5 minutes ago, GFSuzr said:

http://www.kconusa.com/kcon-ny-tickets/ - Nice! Seems worth it to me. Well, depends on who else attends too.

Well I guess its something new compared to the previous years of Kcon? Tho to make your money worth while you have to like more than half of the groups that are attending. hahah. (Won't lie, I'm still on the fence about whether to get the diamond tix or not.) 

11 minutes ago, GFSuzr said:

buddies are so rich!!! 1500 for ticket is, imo not worth it LOL... even american artists dont charge that much for meet and greet....

6 minutes ago, waisum18 said:

hahaha I see I see. I have seen them live too. Twice during their GG tour. Was a pretty damn amazing concert. 

I've seen other buddies saying that with $1500, it would be smarter to fly to Korea and actually attend the girls' fan sign rather than pay for Kcon. 

oooo yeah, when they perform their hits, it's a lot of fun to watch. 

you would have to bring my at least 3 of my favorite girl group/artists and the photo op has to be single photo op for me to even "think" about going for that ticket lol... it's just too expensive...but they will find the fans willing to shell out.

16 minutes ago, waisum18 said:

I guess it depends where you're flying from too.

Plus, even after paying for the x amount of CD's it's not a guarantee that you'll get into a fansign. I think for the K-Pop fans who like multiple groups (that are attending), this is a pretty good package, as it's an all-access.

12 minutes ago, waisum18 said:

Well I guess its something new compared to the previous years of Kcon? Tho to make your money worth while you have to like more than half of the groups that are attending. hahah. (Won't lie, I'm still on the fence about whether to get the diamond tix or not.) 

I totally agree that to make it worthwhile, time and money, at least for myself I'll need to like a nice number of groups. As it is right now, not there yet. xD

7 minutes ago, HexShapedGummy said:

buddies are so rich!!! 1500 for ticket is, imo not worth it LOL... even american artists dont charge that much for meet and greet....

That's true, although American artists are easier to access than K-Pop artists, at least in my experience. xD

3 minutes ago, GFSuzr said:

I guess it depends where you're flying from too.

Plus, even after paying for the x amount of CD's it's not a guarantee that you'll get into a fansign. I think for the K-Pop fans who like multiple groups (that are attending), this is a pretty good package, as it's an all-access.

I totally agree that to make it worthwhile, time and money, at least for myself I'll need to like a nice number of groups. As it is right now, not there yet. xD

That's true, although American artists are easier to access than K-Pop artists, at least in my experience. xD

i'd say depends on 1. what experience you'd like with the artist and 2. how much you know korean XD.

american artists or western artists...dont usually do fansignings... which are probably the best way to see face to face with an artist. you spend personal time with them and you can even give them a gift directly...of course you need to buy a ticket to korea... know the system for getting into the fansignings and knowing korean means you can communicate with the artists without just pointing and/or smiling. 

for world tours or concerts, western artists are definitely more accessible. they hold concerts in each major city so you get the opportunity to see them perform. if you get the meet & greet packages, they are great. you got photo taken with them and you get some signed merch... personal photos with artists are very hard to come by for kpop artists unless they are very friendly and you see them at airport or shopping or something by chance. also depends on how big the artist is too. 

but 1500 is a lot...forget about trip to korea... that's good enough for a trip anywhere in the world ^^.

5 minutes ago, HexShapedGummy said:

i'd say depends on 1. what experience you'd like with the artist and 2. how much you know korean XD.

american artists or western artists...dont usually do fansignings... which are probably the best way to see face to face with an artist. you spend personal time with them and you can even give them a gift directly...of course you need to buy a ticket to korea... know the system for getting into the fansignings and knowing korean means you can communicate with the artists without just pointing and/or smiling. 

for world tours or concerts, western artists are definitely more accessible. they hold concerts in each major city so you get the opportunity to see them perform. if you get the meet & greet packages, they are great. you got photo taken with them and you get some signed merch... personal photos with artists are very hard to come by for kpop artists unless they are very friendly and you see them at airport or shopping or something by chance. also depends on how big the artist is too. 

but 1500 is a lot...forget about trip to korea... that's good enough for a trip anywhere in the world ^^.

Haha, just pointing or smiling be me. xD

Yeah, without downplaying the cost, $1500 is no joke. In the end, Like you said, it's all in their experience. Fortunately of the people I know who've had the chance to go to a K-Pop fansign or concert have not regret it. Just about everyone said if they had the chance they'll do it again. :D