Ria

GFriend Fingertip MV: A Concept of a Survival Game?

16 posts in this topic

This early 2017, GFriend is coming back with new surprising concept. This time, they are back with unique looks and big transformation as power girl crush!

Feb 26, Source Music released first GFriend’s teaser entitled
‘Fingertip’. The production is suprisingly different from their past music videos and many of us were really amazed as they tried a different theme!

March 6th is the release of the music video and many buddies who had watched the teaser already gave theories, plot stories like what could be the real concept. Now, it’s somehow interesting because the teaser is somehow tricky and confusing.

So what is the concept? But based on the teaser, you will see some basic and simple infos. Teaser is about showing the basic plot before we know the whole story.

Let’s see the basic infos first.

Fingertip story-01.jpg

There are two types of version:
Military & Knight

Military and Knight have the same characteristics in reality. It’s either:

Fighting for someone
Fighting for authority
Battle
War
Weapon

BUT, all of these are too realistic to represent as a concept for the MV. it should represent an abstract and idealistic plot that will be suitable for the ‘innocent & youthful’ image that GFriend had.

As Gfriend portray their stunning and unvulnerable image, another retro-ish theme their trying to pull-off  once again, but this time, funky disco! the continuation of their previous promotion, ‘LOL’ retro theme.

‘abstract and idealist’= how?
Continuation of retro theme on the mv?

Take a look at these..

Fingertip story-02.jpg

Roller skates to Toy guns
These are the symbols that represents retro

Toy guns? retro?

Fingertip_story-04.jpg

If you talked about toy guns with colors, you will suddenly reminisced your youth days.
Have you played on Arcade shooting games?

Yes this could be the possible sample on what GFriend wants to show.

Fingertip story-05.jpg

Arcade shooting gun games became really popular back from 2000s.
The golden age of arcade video games is usually defined as a period beginning sometime in the late 1970s and ending sometime in the mid-1980s

Arcade shooting game has features like low minimal graphics. On GFriend’s teaser, they used a glitch effect which is basic when playing a video game.

Fingertip story-06.jpg

The glitch effect is giving off an arcade vibes and since they are holding light guns, The graphic effects for gun shot will automaticaly turned into video game effect just like we see in every classic video games.Fingertip story-07.jpg

This could be the possible concept for their mv and it looks really interesting!
Now the 2nd teaser was released last March 1. This time it’s all about the basic plot of the mv.

First of all, why are they holding light guns? Are they like prepairing for a battle? where?
On arcade video games, you will have an opponent when playing. It has a place where each people can fight and win.

take a look at this.

Fingertip story-08.jpg

On the first teaser, there is a signage display “FANTASY STUDIO”.
it looks like a name of building or apartment that they were staying/lodging.

The FANTASY STUDIO might stand as their battlefield.  Fantasy means,
the faculty or activity of imagining things, especially things that are impossible or improbable.

Fingertip story-09.jpg

There could be a lot of fantasy things that can be found on the building such as:

Trapped in the mirror
Lucid dreams
Animal toy displays
Fast tickling clock

Still, we don’t know what the main plot of the story. But this will like focus more on every individual member’s actions.

First, they are wearing sleeping pajama so the time plot is night.

Fingertip story-10.jpg

Sleeping that is connected to dreaming, having lucid dreams and Astral travel projection

-Lucid dreams is where you can control yourself in your dreamworld. Internal mind
-Astral projection is the opposite. It’s dreaming on external world which can be the same as the real physical world, or different world).

In this teaser, Umji and Yerin’s body is being separated.

So in the first place the mv is all about having lucid dream, conciousness and awakenening.

Fingertip story-11.jpg

In this scene, Umji is picking up Sinb’s gun knowing that she’s already down but in the end,  Umji was tricked and just shooted using a light gun. It’s Game over for Umji!

The scene represents a ‘Gameplay’. If so, there could be someone who is a traitor and someone will play safe.  It’s seems like they are having a battle with each other..

Fingertip story-12.jpg

In the game, someone could plan to do allies with another people or

Fingertip story-13.jpg

using a trick/ trap to someone?

Fingertip story-14.jpg

A message to be left  for a person who is missing. It could be a message or just a clue?
for strategy (as seen on Eunha’s expression for not being sad)

Fingertip story-15.jpg

Clock could be possbile as the timer for the game or it’s the time when everything will turned into lucid dreams. It could be the start of their battle into fantasy world

Still we must wait for the whole MV and this got more exciting!
Zanybros is also known for great plot twists like they did on Rough MV.

This coming March 6th, let’s anticipate!

:BeastToss-05::sb2:

Nice interesting theory! 

*Entertain Buddies and Spreading the Gfriend Love*

I think on that scene where umji is picking SinB's gun, i think umji shoot SinB first, look at her blue gun behind her, that is why SinB is on the floor, umji thought she won but nope, SinB was still in the game and shoots her

interesting... can't wait for Monday already!!!!!!!!

Interesting. :u2:

ezgif_3995123927.gifezgif_46721892.gif

Nice

This is seriously intriguing. :D never in my mind I could came across this kind of explanation. Thanks Ria. :sowonnice:

YUJU.gif

8 hours ago, Silver Cloud said:

I think on that scene where umji is picking SinB's gun, i think umji shoot SinB first, look at her blue gun behind her, that is why SinB is on the floor, umji thought she won but nope, SinB was still in the game and shoots her

yeah I forgot to mention that! yes you're right sinb was shooted already but just tricked umji. and since they are not wearing pajamas anymore, looks like they are wearing a different outfit on the gameplay

2 hours ago, adib said:

This is seriously intriguing. :D never in my mind I could came across this kind of explanation. Thanks Ria. :sowonnice:

Yes adib! ^^ maybe in the whole mv there's more content that can't shown on the teaser. it might be a big surprise for us haha!

I really like this theory, cant wait for the MV 

qUOdEer.jpg 

Proud to be a buddy. Gfriend & buddies will forever stay and work hard together  

Whew, what a theory! Haha

6 hours ago, Ria said:

Yes adib! ^^ maybe in the whole mv there's more content that can't shown on the teaser. it might be a big surprise for us haha!

Can't wait for it. After all it's out, you gonna write the real theory again right? ;) 

But seriously Ria, you & your sis are jewel in GFS!! Thank you so much!! 

YUJU.gif

lol the MV will release on Monday which is a school day for me :e3:  !!!!!! btw thanks for the story lol it's interesting like a book or something :BeastToss-24:

Image result for IOI YEONJUNG gifImage result for gfriend sinb gif

This post makes me even more excited to watch their MV!! Less than 10 hours now\^o^/

:umjilove::worship:

Someone say this MV have connection with a sad love story from greek mythology

Sent from my A1601 using GFSquad.com mobile app

4 hours ago, kingzjacko12 said:

Someone say this MV have connection with a sad love story from greek mythology

Sent from my A1601 using GFSquad.com mobile app

Yes a lot of buddies said it. yeah still, I'm not sure if this was connected to greek mythology stories (since the plot is about galaxy and about outside the world. or the plot itself that zanybros made is not really that complicated and deep. I believe this made up to be simple haha but a lot of confusing things came up so not really sure :D we, still trying to study this mv 'continuously' haha