Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
twang0518

A question for buddies, Please help me!!!!! (For school HW)

14 posts in this topic

Hi, buddies, I want to ask "What do you think the future of K-pop music will be like?".

Im asking this, because I am writing a research paper about K-pop.

Any help would be appreciated, Thank you for your time. :BeastToss-27:

Edited by twang0518

qUOdEer.jpg 

Proud to be a buddy. Gfriend & buddies will forever stay and work hard together  

In my opinion, with EDM being introduced recently, K-Pop will start to have more and more different genres!

JnGGqED.gif

0Ea9a.png0EGiQ.png

Credits to ASquirtle & Hana for sigs! ^^

Twitter

2 minutes ago, YuaremySin said:

In my opinion, with EDM being introduced recently, K-Pop will start to have more and more different genres!

Thank you for your opinion, Can I write down your name? 

qUOdEer.jpg 

The future of K-Pop will probably be the same as it is today, at least that's what I think. They will always be their own special genre and produce boy and girl groups that will appeal to each generation differently. Certain trends and styles influences the type of concept and music k-pop groups make and as the time changes, k-pop will also change to meet those demands and standards. In the 90s, I believe K-Pop was just beginning during that era, with first generation groups like Seo Taiji Boys, H.O.T, Sechskies, S.E.S, Shinhwa, GOD, and more paving the way for the second generation of idols. I think the second generation of idols were responsible for trying to spread the Hallyu wave internationally. BoA, Rain, TVXQ, SNSD, BIGBANG, Wonder Girls, & Super Junior were instrumental in opening the doors internationally for other k-pop groups in places like Japan, China and the USA (not so much in the US, but they attempted). Each generation will have a different effect on the type of music that k-pop groups produce, in the 90s, most of the music was about society, the struggles of being young, and other issues that were present during those times. Most K-Pop music these days revolve around love or being the best (there are exceptions, but I still feel like most k-pop songs are about love, relationships, or being the best). K-Pop is still growing, but I believe that it will still be a niche thing and won't ever reach a global scale like Western music unfortunately. It is popular internationally no doubt, but I still think the average person won't go out of their way to listen to K-Pop if they don't know anything about it. 

knIKYSW.jpg

7 minutes ago, yerinmybae said:

The future of K-Pop will probably be the same as it is today, at least that's what I think. They will always be their own special genre and produce boy and girl groups that will appeal to each generation differently. Certain trends and styles influences the type of concept and music k-pop groups make and as the time changes, k-pop will also change to meet those demands and standards. In the 90s, I believe K-Pop was just beginning during that era, with first generation groups like Seo Taiji Boys, H.O.T, Sechskies, S.E.S, Shinhwa, GOD, and more paving the way for the second generation of idols. I think the second generation of idols were responsible for trying to spread the Hallyu wave internationally. BoA, Rain, TVXQ, SNSD, BIGBANG, Wonder Girls, & Super Junior were instrumental in opening the doors internationally for other k-pop groups in places like Japan, China and the USA (not so much in the US, but they attempted). Each generation will have a different effect on the type of music that k-pop groups produce, in the 90s, most of the music was about society, the struggles of being young, and other issues that were present during those times. Most K-Pop music these days revolve around love or being the best (there are exceptions, but I still feel like most k-pop songs are about love, relationships, or being the best). K-Pop is still growing, but I believe that it will still be a niche thing and won't ever reach a global scale like Western music unfortunately. It is popular internationally no doubt, but I still think the average person won't go out of their way to listen to K-Pop if they don't know anything about it. 

Your opinion is so detailed. Thank you very much, it helped me a lot. I will write down your name in my project. 

Edited by twang0518

qUOdEer.jpg 

I believe kpop will continue to grow and spread throughout the world. Its evident as you can see how MVs nowadays gain much more views at a much faster pace compared to the past. When i started being a fan back in 2009, liking kpop music was rare in my country (like i got judged a lot lol, now not so much), however i walk around shopping malls now and i hear groups like Big Bang, SNSD, Apink songs playing. Hopefully, we will get more genres as years go by, SM Station is a good example, we had so many new sounds last year. I am looking forward to SM Station 2 as there's gonna be collaboration with International Artists and not only Domestic. Kpop may not be as widespread as Western music, but it will be here to stay for a long time.

SinB is a sly pepe that's why i love her

t5m6ts.gif2cy3dcm.gif

58 minutes ago, twang0518 said:

Thank you for your opinion, Can I write down your name? 

Yes haha

JnGGqED.gif

0Ea9a.png0EGiQ.png

Credits to ASquirtle & Hana for sigs! ^^

Twitter

I agreed with your opinion, Thank you so much 

qUOdEer.jpg 

I think kpop in the future will have lots of underage idols, maybe a lot of future idols will debut under 15 yo. Also the music will be more catchy-ness oriented and mainstrem like inserting more repetitive melody / beats and easy-to-remember lyrics. But things are uncertain because public's taste changes every now and then.

Sent from my SM-A300H using GFSquad.com mobile app

3 hours ago, tymeed said:

I think kpop in the future will have lots of underage idols, maybe a lot of future idols will debut under 15 yo. Also the music will be more catchy-ness oriented and mainstrem like inserting more repetitive melody / beats and easy-to-remember lyrics. But things are uncertain because public's taste changes every now and then.

Sent from my SM-A300H using GFSquad.com mobile app

Thanks, I think your opinions is simple, easy to understand and it is true that public's taste is changing. thank you very much

Edited by twang0518

qUOdEer.jpg 

I'll try to answer your question, "What do you think the future of K-pop music will be like?"., through various points.

Musicality. What I loved about KPOP is the versatility of the sound. I mean, yes, some songs may be seen taking on "similar concepts" but when you look at it from afar, most songs pack their own individuality either to expose the idols' talents or to pursue public interest. In the world of KPOP, I've seen rock acts, I've seen hip hop acts, cute-sy, ballads, etc., and then there's the fusion that I've loved; rap mixed with the ballad  a slow song developing to a rapid one, cute appearances performing precise and hardcore choreos, etc. So to cut it short, in the future, I believe KPOP, musically, would evolve more, developing to become a vast genre of music.

Publicity. Contrary to my statement on musicality, on the publicity side, I think that in the near future, most tracks would be created also to cater the developing needs of the consumers. Thus, some tracks in the future may lack in meaning and complexity, song-wise, but will be able to capture the attention of the general public, making the vitality of KPOP longer for a long time.

Talents/Idols. I believe KPOP would open many doors for the emergence of new and blossoming artists that pursue a career either for the idol side or the musical side. Nonetheless, it would still be a great opportunity for the musically inclined to be able to express their talents through their music, through the evolving genre of KPOP.

So I guess, that's it. To top it all off, KPOP would still evolve and develop to become a genre of music that the general public would love through different generations. Business wise, there may be difficulties as many companies may dwell into each other but I think that wouldn't affect the musicality that was forged through the different eras. KPOP will be known and accepted by people on the other sides of the world, exploring a whole new world through music. 

Yuju.png.fcca76aa877ba62941b60d8a0d0b6e29.png

괜찮은 느낌 이 떨림 나도 몰래 우연히 봄

12 minutes ago, Acey said:

I'll try to answer your question, "What do you think the future of K-pop music will be like?"., through various points.

Musicality. What I loved about KPOP is the versatility of the sound. I mean, yes, some songs may be seen taking on "similar concepts" but when you look at it from afar, most songs pack their own individuality either to expose the idols' talents or to pursue public interest. In the world of KPOP, I've seen rock acts, I've seen hip hop acts, cute-sy, ballads, etc., and then there's the fusion that I've loved; rap mixed with the ballad  a slow song developing to a rapid one, cute appearances performing precise and hardcore choreos, etc. So to cut it short, in the future, I believe KPOP, musically, would evolve more, developing to become a vast genre of music.

Publicity. Contrary to my statement on musicality, on the publicity side, I think that in the near future, most tracks would be created also to cater the developing needs of the consumers. Thus, some tracks in the future may lack in meaning and complexity, song-wise, but will be able to capture the attention of the general public, making the vitality of KPOP longer for a long time.

Talents/Idols. I believe KPOP would open many doors for the emergence of new and blossoming artists that pursue a career either for the idol side or the musical side. Nonetheless, it would still be a great opportunity for the musically inclined to be able to express their talents through their music, through the evolving genre of KPOP.

So I guess, that's it. To top it all off, KPOP would still evolve and develop to become a genre of music that the general public would love through different generations. Business wise, there may be difficulties as many companies may dwell into each other but I think that wouldn't affect the musicality that was forged through the different eras. KPOP will be known and accepted by people on the other sides of the world, exploring a whole new world through music. 

Thank you so much for answering my question, I really like your answer. BTW, you just on time answering it, because I'm going to hand my project tmr. 

qUOdEer.jpg 

guys, thank you for using ur time to help me out. I'm going to hand my project tmr. So Thank you so much :yj2:

qUOdEer.jpg 

1 hour ago, twang0518 said:

Thank you so much for answering my question, I really like your answer. BTW, you just on time answering it, because I'm going to hand my project tmr. 

Fighting! I hope your research paper would go well! ^_^

Yuju.png.fcca76aa877ba62941b60d8a0d0b6e29.png

괜찮은 느낌 이 떨림 나도 몰래 우연히 봄