GFSuzr

official
The K-Entertainment Discussion Thread

26 posts in this topic

Share & discuss anything that is K-Entertainment newsworthy in this thread! ^_^

I'll start with the news that Wonder Girls Disband.

Yubin and Lim resigned with JYP while Sunmi and Yeeun will likely go to new agency/ies.

The girls will release their farewell song on their 10th anniversary, February 10th.

Source: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=311&aid=0000697498

As a long time fan of Wonder Girls, I'm bummed about this news. I do however, wish them the very best in their new journeys.

:BeastToss-03:

16144447_1376647265714656_780573532_n.gi
 LOVE YOU GUYS 
HeyItsMeJOULES

On 1/26/2017 at 0:12 AM, GFSuzr said:

Share anything that is K-Pop newsworthy in this thread! ^_^

I'll start with the news that Wonder Girls Disband.

Yubin and Lim resigned with JYP while Sunmi and Yeeun will likely go to new agency/ies.

The girls will release their farewell song on their anniversary, February 10th.

Source: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=311&aid=0000697498

As a long time fan of Wonder Girls, I'm bummed about this news. I do however, wish them the very best in their new journeys.

Thank you for this.

I am also a fan of Wonder Girls, they were the first K-pop girl group I ever stanned since I discovered them in high school. It's devastating that for WGs fans our worst fears had to come true after hearing about their discussions with JYP. To hear that they're releasing their last single on the date of their debut makes it even more heartbreaking.

No matter how many more groups/biases I stan in the future, WGs will always have a special place in my heart.

From Tell Me + Nobody to I Feel you + Why So Lonely, WGs had a great run. Thank you for the 10 years of wonderful memories.  I wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors.

Edited by Rex

pqRPMwl.jpg

Really wonder girls disband? Heol..

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using GFSquad.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, Rex said:

Thank you for this.

I am also a fan of Wonder Girls, they were the first K-pop girl group I ever stanned since high school. It's devastating that for WGs fans our worst fears had to come true after hearing about their discussions with JYP. To hear that they're releasing their last single on the date of their debut makes it even more heartbreaking.

No matter how many more groups/biases I stan in the future, WGs will always have a special place in my heart.

I wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors.

Thanks for the 10 years of wonderful memories. <3 It was a good run. Goodbye Wonder Girls.

Yeah, the news caught me by surprise too. I heard the rumors but assumed the girls were working on a new release...Possibly with their band. 10 years is a long time though and maybe their hearts told them it was time. They leave on a high note and their legacy will remain true in K-Pop history. They'll be surely missed.

First, 2ne1.. now, WG..
They're really kpop legend..

How about miss A? I watched in YouTube, which group will disband this year and miss A include in the list..

3 minutes ago, airashii_isme said:

First, 2ne1.. now, WG..
They're really kpop legend..

How about miss A? I watched in YouTube, which group will disband this year and miss A include in the list..

Ah that's right! 2ne1 too. Sigh. The rumors with Miss A has been going on for some time now, but other than Suzy, I haven't seen much of the other girls as of late. If it's true I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I saw this video of groups that disbanded in 2016. There are several of them and I forgot which one I saw. :$ Most of the groups I didn't know of or didn't listen to but some like Awe5ome Baby was one of them. Their sound was different in K-Pop, but I guess with all of the K-Pop groups out it's hard for newcomers to make it.

I don't understand why? Why do they need to disband?

qUOdEer.jpg 

Proud to be a buddy. Gfriend & buddies will forever stay and work hard together  

41 minutes ago, twang0518 said:

I don't understand why? Why do they need to disband?

Maybe the girls wanted to do different things, and felt this is the best time. Who knows. Maybe one day their reasons will be revealed.

On 1/27/2017 at 3:33 PM, GFSuzr said:

Maybe the girls wanted to do different things, and felt this is the best time. Who knows. Maybe one day their reasons will be revealed.

Oh, ok Thanks

It's really sad to head that they are going to disband. Hope the girls will have have a good future 

qUOdEer.jpg 

Proud to be a buddy. Gfriend & buddies will forever stay and work hard together  

LOVE YOU GUYS 
HeyItsMeJOULES

On 1/28/2017 at 4:47 AM, twang0518 said:

Oh, ok Thanks

It's really sad to head that they are going to disband. Hope the girls will have have a good future 

Yeah, I guess things come to an end. Although I didn't expect Wonder Gris

On 1/28/2017 at 5:07 PM, HeyItsMeJOULES said:

Red Velvet always manage to come out with puzzling and yet engaging music videos. While I do lean towards their Velvet side, so far I like what I'm seeing from the teasers. I'm totally excited for RV's comeback! xD

2 hours ago, GFSuzr said:

Yeah, I guess things come to an end. Although I didn't expect Wonder Gris

Red Velvet always manage to come out with puzzling and yet engaging music videos. While I do lean towards their Velvet side, so far I like what I'm seeing from the teasers. I'm totally excited for RV's comeback! xD

hahaha me too me too! 
:yerin-love:

LOVE YOU GUYS 
HeyItsMeJOULES

Reports of SPICA disbandment. :(

They first caught my attention with "I'll Be There". Such a talented group who just never made it to the top.

The next few dates in this month that are to my attention would be

Tomorrow (7/2), when SinB and Umji would be graduating from SOPA;

10/2, Naeun's birthday xD;

13/2, BTS's Comeback "You Never Walk Alone", a sequel to "WINGS"! Although I'm not an ARMY but I really appreciate BTS's Music, they never disappoint haha

JnGGqED.gif

0Ea9a.png0EGiQ.png

Credits to ASquirtle & Hana for sigs! ^^

Twitter

Uh oh...

As if there hasn't been enough groups that disbanded already TT

pqRPMwl.jpg

be20e53ac156537d5fcebd1803c44dec.jpg

7ba9904f527b617a26aa693949fdecb9.jpg

miss A poster on the front of JYP Entertainment‘s building has been replaced by one of Suzy, perhaps hinting something at the future..
Idk after losing wonder girls what exactly JYP was thinking...

***Actually, it's my first time I attach pictures.. idk my pictures can be shown or no..

In the past few days there's been talk about AOA Jimin's physical appearance from recent photos (I assume from her Instagram?). To put it simply, it looks like Jimin has lost a significant amount of weight. Now I won't label or diagnose or make judgements, but I am asking myself 'Am I seeing correctly?' These photos are strikingly different than what I know of Jimin. I put the photos in a Spoiler just because.

Any thoughts?

CLC's first music show win on "The Show" with "No", after 1,427 days since their debut (back in March 2015)!

:gfs-smilie-congrats:

While I've listened to CLC off and on, it wasn't until I heard "Black Dress" that got me hooked. Personally I think they fit the "girl crush" concept very well. I understand that label-mate, Soyeon of (G)I-DLE, co-wrote/composed/arranged "No". She's talented and I hope to see more collaborations with her and CLC in the future. Congratulations, girls!

5 hours ago, GFSuzr said:

In the past few days there's been talk about AOA Jimin's physical appearance from recent photos (I assume from her Instagram?). To put it simply, it looks like Jimin has lost a significant amount of weight. Now I won't label or diagnose or make judgements, but I am asking myself 'Am I seeing correctly?' These photos are strikingly different than what I know of Jimin. I put the photos in a Spoiler just because.

Reveal hidden contents

Any thoughts?

yikes, something's up

8 minutes ago, arconoclast said:

yikes, something's up

I'm afraid so too. :/

IU surprises a fan and attends her high school graduation ceremony! :D

Read it here!

F88CA86B-657B-44E5-9869-1F8E91034CCE.jpe

Source: theqoo

I love stories like these. It also furthers my belief that IU has such a kind heart. :)

*There was a video (90 degrees sideways) but the uploader took it down.

Girl group "Nature" held a V App celebrating Haru's birthday. At about :10 seconds into the video you can hear someone had farted.

It's perfectly natural of course but the girls' reactions made the situation quite funny and cute. :D

1f49a.png